Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who was the most morally incorrect?
Jul 22, 2021 2:18 PM
Mar 2021
Recently finishing WA2, I found myself in a moral tangle. By the end, who was the most morally incorrect? It could be Setsuna, who confessed her feelings regardless of the fact that she knew her best friend was in love with Haruki. It could also be Kazusa, who ended up doing the Devil’s Tango with her best friend’s boyfriend. It could also be Haruki, who, blatantly put, cheated on his girlfriend. Now, each of these people also have some other justification for doing each of these things, whether the justification is good or not. So the question, even though it is not NEARLY this black and white, becomes: “which person’s reasoning is the least morally justifiable, and why?”
Jul 22, 2021 3:40 PM
Jan 2021
It's Setsuna's in my opinion. She knew that both Kazusa and Haruki love each other(but they didn't know each other's feeling) but she doesn't want to be left alone (If I remember correctly, Setsuna's feeling for Haruki didn't grow until she found out that Kazusa loves Haruki). So what did she do? She intentionally put a barrier between Haruki and Kazusa, and took Haruki. By the time Haruki and Kazusa found out that they love each other it was too late.

Also, I'm not saying that Haruki cheating on Setsuna was right even after what she did because Haruki was the one that willingly chose to accept Setsuna as his girlfriend and Kazusa cheating on her best friend was also not right.

And that ending was perfect. Ultimately, all of them lost something that can't be returned.
Jul 22, 2021 5:15 PM
Mar 2021
I’d say that it’s mostly Setsuna. After all, she knew of the other two’s “unspoken relationship”. Not excusing Haruki’d cheating, but it is worth to consider the fact that Haruki most likely excepted Satsuna’s confession because he held other’s feelings above his own. It goes to show; she is the one who seems the most heartbroken at the end of the show.
Jul 22, 2021 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
Hot_Green_Tea said:
It's Setsuna's in my opinion. She knew that both Kazusa and Haruki love each other(but they didn't know each other's feeling) but she doesn't want to be left alone (If I remember correctly, Setsuna's feeling for Haruki didn't grow until she found out that Kazusa loves Haruki). So what did she do? She intentionally put a barrier between Haruki and Kazusa, and took Haruki. By the time Haruki and Kazusa found out that they love each other it was too late.

Also, I'm not saying that Haruki cheating on Setsuna was right even after what she did because Haruki was the one that willingly chose to accept Setsuna as his girlfriend and Kazusa cheating on her best friend was also not right.

And that ending was perfect. Ultimately, all of them lost something that can't be returned.
Gotta agree there. The ending was unique, not many anime end with everyone unsatisfied but also alive 😅. They sewed their owned seeds of destruction.
Jul 23, 2021 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
well setsuna started the cycle, and not to mention she wasn't even in love with haruki when she confessed and started relationship with him just so that she "won't be left alone" that was literally one of thw dirtiest things one could've done
Aug 1, 2021 1:00 AM

Feb 2021
This is the kind of poll I can't possibly vote on, because I don't think any of them did anything wrong. Not to be confused with thinking they all did the right thing, of course. Haruki, Setsuna, and Kazusa are all characters I simultaneously pity and want to slap silly.

Though I'll say this (since she's always the one most likely to take the heat for her choices): I respect Setsuna for actually going after what she wanted, though, and not hesitating.

shahwaz_javed said:
well setsuna started the cycle, and not to mention she wasn't even in love with haruki when she confessed and started relationship with him just so that she "won't be left alone" that was literally one of thw dirtiest things one could've done

A very big deal is made out of her reflecting on that at the airport: "Of course that's not true!"
Aug 19, 2021 5:45 AM
Aug 2021
Well at least maybe the sure thing is that the most morally incorrect person might not be Kazusa if we only be basing things that were shown in the anime

She did not talked about her feelings towards Haruki for Setsuna's sake, only until the point she can't take it anymore when Haruki took the initiative to keep pursuing her while being in a relationship with Setsuna.

She even pushed away Haruki the first time Haruki tried to kiss her under the snow, and in other occasions constantly reminded him to recognize the fact that Setsuna's a girlfriend of his now.

Even in the airport before her feelings overflowed again she even told Haruki to HOLD UP what a mad lad

Among the three, everything Kazusa did was the least aggressive and not the one taking the initiative, and also probably the least selfish among the three (although Kazusa did allowed Haruki to cheat on Setsuna over her in the end and hit away the incoming phonecall)

Just so maybe at least Haruki might be more morally incorrect than Kazusa thus making Kazusa maybe not the most morally incorrect among the three,

but characterwise,
the love the hate the regrets the pain the guilt the struggle
for the three of them to care for one another while also being selfish
the endless possibilities that lies within things but only one route would take place in the reality
are just too strong and well-presented in these characters
and for people to pinpoint someone to be the least most morally incorrect
without sympathizing with them really is something difficult to do

so for me, I just voted based on which character I liked the least.
Cabbage_CatAug 21, 2021 2:28 AM
Aug 21, 2021 11:18 PM
Apr 2019
All 3 of them are a bunch of immature assholes so imma vote for none
Jan 11, 2022 10:15 AM
May 2017
they all just bad, but if i have to choose the least it would be setsuna, yes she know kazusa feeling but kazusa keep denying, she also like him and he's free, she have right to confess. If anyone at most fault here is mc, he dont like setsuna yet he accept her confession without thinking, why would he build relationship for someone he doesnt have feel? Even his friend got concerned of his decision
Mar 4, 2022 4:32 AM
Dec 2020
I dont understand how people saying Setsuna is most at fault, when she is the purest out of all, the only one who's not wrong at all. Its obvious that the MC is the wrong one, he's the source of the suffering all three had.
Setsuna had the right to confess, its not like she could just give up, love is war afterall and the one acts first may win, she has the right to try her chance, if MC hypothetically rejects, then that may be load out of her chest, then she can move on.
Kazusa was so pure too, enduring the suffering, holding up because she dont want to hurt them, she even wanted to go away to avoid hurting anyone much further, she was not at fault at beginning, but was finally wrong when she allowed him to cheat on Setsuna with her, and annoyed me honestly when she hit away the phone call, but this was also MC fault, tho she pushed him away many timee he still chased after her everytime while having a girlfriend making her suffer more until she couldnt take it anymore.
The MC was at fault from the start, when he accepted Setsuna without thinking, without really truly loving her. He also annoyed me very much with his last actions, example when he ran to Kazusa hugging/kissing her right infront of Setsuna, without being considerate or any sense of morale or consideration, making the pain hundredfold, one of my most hated characters, yeah I'm on Setsuna's team but not just because of that, MC actions itself was real pain bringing

So MC 100% at fault
Kazusa 10 %
Setsuna 0.5%
Hasan_LelouchMar 4, 2022 4:41 AM
Mar 8, 2022 2:45 AM

Jun 2016
*slams fists on table* THEY'RE ALL GOOD KIDS DAMMIT
Mar 8, 2022 4:45 PM
Nov 2017
What are you guys talk about? The biggest one to blame is the MC! If you find out you like Kazusa more than Setsuna just break up or don't accept Setsuna in first place. Kazusa is also to blame because took her to long and she also knew the MC was still with Setsuna. she was trying to do the right thing why not keep it to the end. She even done it in front of Setsuna without knowing they already break up. The right thing to do in this situation is to talk each other and let the MC decide who he wants more. Not playing like kids. Of course they had to do it because this a drama and the author needs a plot and a story and if you translate this to reality everyone has a bit a blame in the end. But, Setsuna has almost none. She clearly likes both and as she said to Kazusa, she would date her if Kazusa was a boy. She went to the only option she had. The only boy is the MC.

In the end they all kids so we should understand their mistakes but they should still be blamed for the shit they made.
nocivoMar 8, 2022 4:50 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.