Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

is there some kind of group think going on? or is this story actually pretty understandable

New
Jul 8, 2021 6:04 PM
Oct 2015
I don't know what's the issue with people complaining about the lack of coherence.

the story seems very straight forward, and the message and moral of each episode is shoved in your face over and over and it seems rather obvious. I only just recently watched it for the first time and I could basically understand everything

I get how the first 2 or so episodes might be confusing, but the story starts flowing more smoothly later. and I really don't get why so many people are SCREAMING how how insanely difficult it is to understand, I wonder if there is some kind of group think going on where's the popular opinion of this being some insane mindfuck is influencing people to not just stop and think a little some kind of group think going on or something?

and im not here to brag or anything like "omg I get this on my first try" but I am genuinely puzzled, I've seen some obscure forum posts about how they could understand everything as well I don't think its just me. Could it be that this is some inside joke or meme about flcl that its somehow the most complex thing over?, is this just my reverse Hype Backlash going on? when I went into this thinking its some kind of advance calculus level of brainfuck but ended with a rather simple and easy to understand story
Jul 8, 2021 9:07 PM
Jan 2020
I say this not being from the era. But I reckon it’s garnered this reputation cause nobody expected it to be so Arthouse. Which is a pretty accurate description for this show. Perhaps for us who are more in tune with that abstract but resonating style of ideas, it makes a lot more sense. However, if you watch more conventional animes it’s probably a little weird to process.
Jul 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Jul 2014
A lot of people struggle to grasp visual story telling concepts unless they are explained blatantly to them. Battle shounen, for example, usually will just shove the message or meaning in your face with straightforward dialogue. So, I feel like people who are used to that may not be used to analyzing what they’re seeing in finer detail. Not because they’re stupid necessarily, but just because they aren’t used to that kinda of more artsy style.

I make trash videos on the worst app https://tiktok.com/@tivvy_
Jul 9, 2021 2:29 AM
Nov 2020
I think the first episode was a bit erratic. Harako is so over the top annoying but after that it flows better and the imagery is pretty simple to understand.
Jul 9, 2021 9:21 AM
Feb 2021
I struggled a bit admittedly, but not because it’s some overly complex work as much as a pretentious tsundere as I might sound. It’s kind of sucked at attention span where I’d focus exclusively on the music and then exclusively the art, some times both but my attention rarely focusing on the story itself.
Jul 15, 2021 12:49 PM
May 2020
I definitely struggled at times to understand what was going on, but i enjoyed every bit of it.
Jul 16, 2021 10:46 PM

Aug 2018
I always enjoy these humblebrag threads. I guess we’re supposed to go oooh aah a genius is in our presence, but it never works out that way.
Aug 4, 2021 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
Honestly I think a big issue is people watching this anime in sub. Dubbing for Flcl is a necessity to understand it. People speak way too fast and the refrences and similies come across better in dub than sub. As a person who has watched it in dub and sub. Dub is what makes the story way more understandable

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.