Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 4, 2021 12:52 PM
Mar 2021
I just finished the film and absolutely loved it. The series was great, but this is just incredible.
This is now one of my favourite anime movies of all time, and I like it as much as things like End of Evangelion and Kimi no na Wa.
I watched this in 360p because it wasn't on any streaming service and it still looked amazing.
Jul 4, 2021 1:01 PM
Oct 2020
No arguments there. This is one of the best movies ever, at least in my opinion.
Jul 4, 2021 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
I can understand it but I still think that personally only the series deserves a 10
Jul 4, 2021 1:05 PM
Mar 2021
noellie said:
I can understand it but I still think that personally only the series deserves a 10
What about this did you not like as much as the series?
Jul 4, 2021 1:07 PM

May 2020
17esandja said:
I watched this in 360p because it wasn't on any streaming service and it still looked amazing.

It’s available on 9anime or gogoanime in either 720p or 1080p.
Jul 4, 2021 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
17esandja said:
noellie said:
It's a great movie, but personally I think the emotional value of episode 12 of the series makes the series superior to the sequel movie.
Jul 4, 2021 1:08 PM
Mar 2021
Takemikazuchi_ said:
17esandja said:

It’s available on 9anime or gogoanime in either 720p or 1080p.
haha guess I’m dumb.
Jul 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Mar 2018
fantastic post. try to watch it again in higher quality if you’re able to sometime, it’ll add to the experience even more
Jul 4, 2021 4:47 PM
Apr 2021
The film really deepened the story well. I was expecting them to just battle wraiths, but they took a completely different direction which imo is a very great source of conflict. I'm friggin' stoked for the sequel, which was already announced last May! (in case you missed it)
Jul 4, 2021 7:11 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
17esandja said:
noellie said:
noellie said:
17esandja said:
It's a great movie, but personally I think the emotional value of episode 12 of the series makes the series superior to the sequel movie.

I'd have to agree, the problem with the movie is on some level it's completely unnecessary as the TV ending's bitter sweet tones were perfect, however the movie is a masterpiece in its own rigth, that keeps perfectly in tone with the characters and story, unfortunately it doesn't exist in a vacuum and some of what was great about the original is lost within this new semi-ending. It's still amazing but equally unneeded.

Sorry if that's vague, I'm more clear and in-depth in my review if that stuff interests you👍.
Jul 4, 2021 10:20 PM
Dec 2020
Madoka magica overall is a 10/10.
Jul 4, 2021 11:53 PM
Mar 2021
momentie said:
17esandja said:
noellie said:

I'd have to agree, the problem with the movie is on some level it's completely unnecessary as the TV ending's bitter sweet tones were perfect, however the movie is a masterpiece in its own rigth, that keeps perfectly in tone with the characters and story, unfortunately it doesn't exist in a vacuum and some of what was great about the original is lost within this new semi-ending. It's still amazing but equally unneeded.

Sorry if that's vague, I'm more clear and in-depth in my review if that stuff interests you👍.
I think it was necessary because the series left Homura’s arc incomplete. Everyone had a big moment of change within the series in which they did something shocking or surprising, and this was Homura’s.
Jul 4, 2021 11:54 PM
Mar 2021
Steed-M said:
The film really deepened the story well. I was expecting them to just battle wraiths, but they took a completely different direction which imo is a very great source of conflict. I'm friggin' stoked for the sequel, which was already announced last May! (in case you missed it)
I am extremely hyped for the sequel. I was confused at the start of the movie, but I trusted that it would go in a good direction, and it absolutely did.
Jul 5, 2021 12:02 AM

May 2021
It's good but I liked the original series better. It was more enjoyable and compelling.
Jul 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Jun 2017
Somehow I enjoyed most things related to main TV series but this one didn't work
Jul 5, 2021 12:08 AM
Mar 2021
ItsMuZe said:
It's good but I liked the original series better. It was more enjoyable and compelling.
I guess I love it because it’s exactly the type of anime I enjoy. The action is amazing and the second half is mind-blowing. It’s the same reason I love End of Evangelion and Akira.
Jul 5, 2021 5:47 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
17esandja said:
momentie said:

I think it was necessary because the series left Homura’s arc incomplete. Everyone had a big moment of change within the series in which they did something shocking or surprising, and this was Homura’s.

Again I agree with the sentiment entirely, like I said it's completely in character however that still doesn't change the fact it essentially makes the originals ending somewhat irelevent, which understandable upsets people
Jul 7, 2021 1:30 AM

Jan 2021
I already loved the series, so this movie drove that fact home. I never knew Madoka Magica could be so epic before I watched it. Despite the ending, it became one of my favorites. Best non-standalone anime movie ever, second only to the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1044 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 2:04 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.