Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2010 3:26 PM
Jun 2008
The horse drawn carriage doing 50, the fighting in the back of a moving jeep. Everything about this anime screams too retarded to be believed.

I cant believe that this utter shit got a green light somewhere to be turned into an anime.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Mar 31, 2010 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
I completely agree; I made some effort to try to finish this damn thing, since I had already downloaded the whole series, but I couldn't go past episode 9, it was just too retarded; it wasn't even funny, like some other bad animes I've watched.
Apr 20, 2010 4:09 AM

Dec 2007
I think you might be taking this anime a little bit too seriously.
Apr 20, 2010 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah, it just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

The characters were dense, the "kidnappers" were nothing at all but some perverts, and everything was retarded.
May 5, 2010 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
I think you guys are pretty dense. Stupidest anime ever?

Ever hear of Baka to Test? There's your stupid.
May 6, 2010 1:11 AM
Jun 2008
The fact that you obviously like this anime says all I need to know about you right there.

Dismissed.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
May 6, 2010 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
If that's all you have to say I have no further use for you, or anything else to say.

You really need to open your eyes.
May 17, 2010 6:11 PM

May 2010
Pokemon!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 19, 2010 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
catullus said:
The horse drawn carriage doing 50, the fighting in the back of a moving jeep. Everything about this anime screams too retarded to be believed.

believed ? you beleive alot of stuff you see in anime ? if i wanted somthing beleivable or reaslistic i wouldnt watch anime >_>
May 25, 2010 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
Paper_Sun said:
catullus said:

believed ? you beleive alot of stuff you see in anime ? if i wanted somthing beleivable or reaslistic i wouldnt watch anime >_>

my thoughts exactly...
if this is too retarded to be believed what would u consider the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi? a girl with a god like power? does that make a lot of sense? and when she saw a stupid baseball game everything changed...
May 30, 2010 7:57 PM

Jan 2008
SantenKesshun said:
SwordWielder said:
Paper_Sun said:
catullus said:

my thoughts exactly...
if this is too retarded to be believed what would u consider the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi? a girl with a god like power? does that make a lot of sense? and when she saw a stupid baseball game everything changed...

Everything is based on context and delivery. Haruhi delivers the story in a unique and entertaining way.

Princess Lover, on the other hand, is delivered in an extremely cliche and absurd way. I'm sure that's what the director was aiming for, and if that's your cup of tea then he hit an audience, but aside from the boobs it failed at entertaining me. I definitely agree with the OP.

The believability of both shows might be similar, but one delivers it much more effectively.

he was talking about how believable an anime could be ... not how entertaining an anime is... that was an example... and to me it seems like princess lover is more believable than haruhi
Jun 2, 2010 6:53 PM

Apr 2010
LMAO you have the draw the line somewhere. and unbelievable shit has to be executed a certain way so as to not seem too far-fetched or retarded. The thing is, a lot of the time princess lover is taking itself seriously when it really shouldn't be (ie. the whole terrorist kidnapping shit man that was the most retarded thing ever). Compare it Haruhi (since we seem to be using that as an example wtf), which never takes itself seriously once. There's always overbearing sarcasm thanks largely to Kyon's narration. Haruhi is a show executed well, and if you don't like it that's fair enough but to claim it had poor execution in that regard would be going a bit too far.
Jun 2, 2010 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
brono11 said:
LMAO you have the draw the line somewhere. and unbelievable shit has to be executed a certain way so as to not seem too far-fetched or retarded. The thing is, a lot of the time princess lover is taking itself seriously when it really shouldn't be (ie. the whole terrorist kidnapping shit man that was the most retarded thing ever). Compare it Haruhi (since we seem to be using that as an example wtf), which never takes itself seriously once. There's always overbearing sarcasm thanks largely to Kyon's narration. Haruhi is a show executed well, and if you don't like it that's fair enough but to claim it had poor execution in that regard would be going a bit too far.

YOU DON'T EVEN MAKE SENSE... WHEN HAVE I EVER SAID IT HAD POOR EXECUTION? AND WHEN HAVE I SAID THAT I DON'T LIKE THE ANIME?... i simply said it's not as believable as princess lover... at least people dont have god like power...

edit: u guys are getting too emotional just because i said something about haruhi...
calm down haruhi fans...

oh and... since the whole terrorist is retarded... and probably is... i would like to say that endless eight is retarded... why was there a necessity of repeating it so many times? they could of just told us(and they did in the episodes) that it's been repeated and ended the endless eight with like 2 episodes... but nooooo they had to go and pull out EIGHT EPISODES...
SwordWielderJun 2, 2010 11:34 PM
Jun 3, 2010 2:31 AM

Apr 2010
dude what I said was more of a general statement, not directed at you in particular. And naw I wasn't get emotional about Haruhi but since it's been used as an example I thought I'd jump on board as well. Oh, and naturally endless eight isn't included in my examples of Haruhi either.
Jun 4, 2010 4:52 AM

Jan 2008
brono11 said:
dude what I said was more of a general statement, not directed at you in particular. And naw I wasn't get emotional about Haruhi but since it's been used as an example I thought I'd jump on board as well. Oh, and naturally endless eight isn't included in my examples of Haruhi either.

general statement? seems more like it was directed to me cause you were using "you" like most of the time... and why is endless eight not included? is it because it IS retarded?

edit: and why are we talking about it... that was not the topic... the topic was... how retarded it is to believe this anime...
SwordWielderJun 4, 2010 6:00 AM
Jun 4, 2010 5:58 AM

Apr 2010
SwordWielder said:
brono11 said:

general statement? seems more like it was directed to me cause you were using "you" like most of the time... and why is endless eight not included? is it because it IS retarded?

no the you's were general. "you have the draw the line somewhere" -- not directed at anyone in particular, and "and if you don't like it that's fair enough" --- also not directed at anyone in particular. if i was talking to you only i would have quoted you. but anyway that doesn't matter im talking to you now
and yeah i haven't seen haruhi season 2 but i'd say endless eight is pretty retarded. so im saying the first season is executed well, and im guessing the 2nd season isn't.
Jun 4, 2010 6:04 AM

Jan 2008
brono11 said:
SwordWielder said:
brono11 said:

no the you's were general. "you have the draw the line somewhere" -- not directed at anyone in particular, and "and if you don't like it that's fair enough" --- also not directed at anyone in particular. if i was talking to you only i would have quoted you. but anyway that doesn't matter im talking to you now
and yeah i haven't seen haruhi season 2 but i'd say endless eight is pretty retarded. so im saying the first season is executed well, and im guessing the 2nd season isn't.

ok... sure...but the topic was...

Paper_Sun said:
catullus said:

I didn't want to bring Haruhi up until he said something too retarded to believe... so I chose a well known anime that I thought was "too retarded to be believed"
a girl with god like power...
Jun 5, 2010 12:46 AM

Apr 2010
SwordWielder said:
brono11 said:
SwordWielder said:
brono11 said:

ok... sure...but the topic was...

Paper_Sun said:
catullus said:

I didn't want to bring Haruhi up until he said something too retarded to believe... so I chose a well known anime that I thought was "too retarded to be believed"
a girl with god like power...

OK
Jul 19, 2010 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
Lolol, I thought about the exact same thing about episode 1 the horse carriage. But after that I thought this show was alright, pretty entertaining for me, not having much trouble at all moving forward in episodes; though again I watch pretty much just about everything... (I do really like the character's art though)

Hm, so what was the point of this thread again? I kind of missed it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 23, 2009

103 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loplop - Sep 20, 2009

189 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 9, 2009

117 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.