Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the OVA is out, I watched with Chinese subs on megavideo. Thoughts?

I was a little disappointed that the main focus was the secondary couple and they just dove right in. Kunimasa and Norio aren't my favorite couple, but the whole story was kind of Norio's to tell >.> Pretty nice visually, and I will definitely watch it again with English subs to see if any of my opinions change ^^
Mar 29, 2010 5:35 PM

Jan 2008
REALLY?! i've been looking all over megavideo, and cant find a link! Cud you share the link if possible?
Mar 30, 2010 7:55 PM
Sep 2008
Here's the link to it on megavideo subbed in Chinese for anyone who wants it.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=97XPJ8AY

I was disappointed about the fact that they kind of crunched the first two stories together and skipped over the first part with Kunimasa and Norio. But not horribly disappointed because Yonekuni and Shiro are without a doubt my favorite Sex Pistols couple so I'm glad the priority went to them. ^_^ And I was really surprised by how much I liked the OP and ED! Usually I just skip over the music on OVAs.

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed it and I'll definitely look forward to when the second part comes out.
fdssdfdsfsfMar 30, 2010 8:08 PM
Mar 31, 2010 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
It was simply wonderful! The animation seemed to me uncommonly good and the character designs as well, though the original manga helped a lot I'm sure. I also agree with what was said about the opening and ending sequences. They surprised me as well!! The opening in particular! Was it me or did I see Maximillian and David in there? I had to go backwards and check it a few times. It would be the end of my sanity if they animated their story! Yonekuni and Shiro's is my second favorite after theirs.

I guess the only thing I regret about this OVA are the new voice actors. I was a big fan of the drama VAs and it was a shame they didn't get to be in the anime. However, Sugita made me laugh.

Overall it was a damn good job! I dare to say the only thing that can top this OVA will be the Ai no Kusabi remake. But I digress...

Can't wait for the next part!
Mar 31, 2010 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
Aarinfantasy will release this soon.. I hope.
Apr 1, 2010 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
yeah me too, i will the one kitsune tail put and gave my first impression, and i don't really care what couple is in it i love them all XD
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Apr 4, 2010 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
I wanna watch it~ SugiTomo~~~ D:
Apr 6, 2010 4:13 AM

Mar 2010
I really enjoyed the first episode. It was very good, but it ended too fast!!!!
Can't wait for more <3
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
Apr 12, 2010 5:04 PM
Jan 2009
This first ova was hilarious. For those who speak spanish, it is available in mcanime web.

I enjoted it very much, never read the manga before, but I can say I laughed really hard, and the art and animation is really good. The best I ever saw in a BL anime. Better than maiden rose.

The H scenes were pretty light but nonetheless hot.

I usually dislike yaoi animes because they suck in all aspects, but this one is great. Looking forwrd to next episodes!!

PD: Aarin is subbing it. As she said herself yesterday afternoon :

"I spent quite long hours just to get the English typesets up on the screen that's for the explanation of the anime's different types of "animals". [...] Just done with it, and I will do the timing and clean up tomorrow morning ^_^"

So keep checking the forums ^.^
Apr 12, 2010 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
I saw just a few parts, but I liked so far... can't wait until AarinFantasy realese it D:
Apr 13, 2010 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
aarinfantasy just released it!
well, it was too rushed and fast. at some parts I was like wtf, like the part with madarame's parents but later the story does makes sense. and setting and animation storyboard is very bearable (especially for someone who actually prefers June than Yaoi like me) but the art is ugly (well, just as expected). the education scene at the end is pretty lulzy.
MariejoannaApr 13, 2010 1:55 PM
Apr 13, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
I haven't read the manga yet, but from what I just watched it seems like a decent story.

My main reason for actually picking this up (besides the fact that it's BL) is because of my beloved Tomokazu Sugita. <3 I really liked his character and can't wait for development between him and Shiro.

I honestly lol'd at Hiro Shimono voicing Norio. I just couldn't not see Akihisa from BakaTest whenever Norio spoke.
Apr 14, 2010 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
This was borderline bad, but I'm not going to pretend as though I'm going to drop it. If it weren't for the lesson at the end, I would have been totally confused. But I see where this is going: the President is a return to ancestor.
Apr 14, 2010 7:17 AM
Feb 2010
Um no, i dun think the pres is. I tot it's Nobiro or smth, the cat guy that has ribbons tied to his hair.

Actually the yaoi is a bit scary, story seems jumping here and there, the sensei's part at the end should be placed right at the front. But this seems like a good series, maybe the manga is better.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=371
Now till chapter 30, MU says anime starts at vol 1 chapter 2.

The OP and ED is nice too, nice songs:D. Maybe a few days later this series might be like kiss x sis, having an OAV first then a TV edition.

Eng verison: http://www.instantz.net/site/news/Sex_Pistols_1_%5BNew%5D.html

PS.This show is only available as OVA. There gonna be only 2 episodes. Next one gonna be released on DVD at the end of June.
Source:http://www.instantz.net/
Apr 14, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
I think they already said Norio was a Return to Ancestor at the very beginning when we didn't know what it was. As of right now, the President is being courted by his friend who was laying on his back and the blonde guy, and the blonde guy doesn't know what he is. Sounds like a Return to Ancestor to me.

Shame it's just going to be 2 OVAs. I kind of hoped it would be one a week until June. Oh well. Why can't I have another semi-gay show. I'll even take another season of Junjou at this point.
Apr 14, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
This was borderline bad, but I'm not going to pretend as though I'm going to drop it. If it weren't for the lesson at the end, I would have been totally confused. But I see where this is going: the President is a return to ancestor.

anoo... i dont want to give any spoilers but alll i can say (according to anime) is he is not. he is a dog yonesuki saw his soul when he passed out in the locker room... remember?

and yes manga has much more detailed explanation. in my opinion it should be a series not a couple of ovas. its a waste of a good manga. the story should develop slower but even though it was pretty good. i really loved it.

Apr 15, 2010 1:47 PM

Jul 2007
It certainly is fast-paced and rushed, but you deal with what you can get. I think for what limit they're working on, they're doing a nice job. The moving animation is yummehhhhhhhhhhhhh.
And the cast <3 ~~~
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
Apr 15, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
Sherera said:

anoo... i dont want to give any spoilers but alll i can say (according to anime) is he is not. he is a dog yonesuki saw his soul when he passed out in the locker room... remember?

I saw it too, but I don't understand why he continues to say, "what are you" to the President if he clearly sees it.
Apr 16, 2010 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Sherera said:

I saw it too, but I don't understand why he continues to say, "what are you" to the President if he clearly sees it.

I'm glad I took aarin's advice and read the manga first since the story is almost impossible to follow otherwise. It's a shame that they had to rush it like this.
That said it's not too bad, though I still think Sugita should have voiced Kunimasa. Also Norio = Akihisa now in my head.
Looking forward to the resolution of this story arc, which at any rate is my favorite out of those I read.
Apr 16, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
I wouldn't have wanted to watch that without reading the manga. It was even more awkward than the start of the manga, which wasn't smooth sailing either.

Only 2 episodes? Well, at least it looks like they'll stay focused on Shiro's story.. I don't like Norio.
Apr 17, 2010 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Theres so much to this story and they rush it and just omgah T_______T
<3
Apr 18, 2010 4:16 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I haven't read the manga but I did read the synopsis for it. Thank god I did, otherwise this first episode would have made zero sense. This story is way too complex for just an ova :/

I thought the episode was average for yaoi.
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 19, 2010 10:12 AM

Apr 2007
It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than I expected. Though after watching it I had to re-read the first volume of the manga.
Apr 19, 2010 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
If people haven't read the manga this ova would make no sense....the manga is hard enough to follow with the numerous pairings that it has in it, at least for me it is. I am glad that it focused on Yonekuni and Shiro though because Norio just annoys the hell out of me.
SevenApr 19, 2010 9:02 PM
Apr 20, 2010 11:11 PM

Dec 2009
I just watched this show randomly and, ok, it has absolutely nothing to do with the band. lol

So... I also had no idea what was going on until the lesson at the end. Clearly, those who read the manga understand the plot a little better... Is all that stuff about the animals interesting or dumb? or are we just watching this story for the... for the... erm...
...for the hot man sex?
Apr 20, 2010 11:19 PM

Aug 2008
Apr 21, 2010 10:18 AM

Dec 2009
noteDhero said:
Hot man sex. Hopefully, they'll deliver.
Sweet. I wouldn't want to miss the point ;D
Apr 21, 2010 2:42 PM

Dec 2008
I have not read the manga ... but I liked the egg so I think I'll search and read ... I also completely agree with who said that leaves much to be desired the eggs yaoi manga compared to the genre ... what is most important would be the perfect image ... I love finally

Apr 21, 2010 2:46 PM

Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Shame it's just going to be 2 OVAs. I kind of hoped it would be one a week until June. Oh well. Why can't I have another semi-gay show. I'll even take another season of Junjou at this point.

Yeah, this is sad.

This first episode was pretty fun, but wtf the madara stuff...
Apr 21, 2010 8:19 PM

Feb 2009
OMG they are so yummy all animated!

But this isn't the way I imagine Noririn to sound like, but he is even cuter in the anime. Kumimasa doesn't look as mean as he does in the manga

Well the OVA kinda rush into things you definitely need to read the manga first (which I did).

I don't think that kinda of class suit little kids.
May 4, 2010 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
At the first half of the episode i was like ಠ__ಠ;
but then i started to understand.... damn,the story looks good,i'll check the manga
seems like the anime will be a bit fail ''''XD

Hide and Seek

The Resistance
May 14, 2010 4:48 PM

Feb 2009
If there wasn't the teacher part I wouldn't understand it at all. (why are they teaching such things to the kids anyway?)
I truly hate the art style, it's only a little better than Shoka. The story, though, seems fine. I'd like to see more of that.
I loved the voice Norio made after being hit by the door. I repeated it a couple times xd
And, of course, Gintoki! Gotta love his voice :333
Aug 6, 2010 10:13 AM

Dec 2008
I loved it! Can't wait for the next OVA.
Oct 1, 2010 6:36 AM

Feb 2008
It was great, made me horny most of the time :3

It's just a shame there is only one more episode, perhaps I should read the manga.
Jan 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Jun 2010
It was okay, but doesn't seem to have a story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
Totally really enjoyed this! The H scenes were to die for and I didn't dislike the visuals although the blonde's long hair did need a snip. (Glad to see it gone.)

An OVA that definitely makes me want to read the original source material.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Nov 30, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
It was kinda confusing.... at the end
Nov 15, 2022 2:14 PM
Sep 2022
cringeden öldüm geberdim her şeyi çok kötü: çizimler, karakterler, konuşmalar, seslendirmeler. bu başlığı gördükten sonra kaliteli bir şey beklemiyordum zaten ama cidden katlanılmaz derecede kötüydü

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sex Pistols Episode 2 Discussion

pati43 - May 14, 2011

15 by solidss »»
Dec 25, 2017 10:45 PM

» Johnny Rotten

XD3r3K-chanX1996 - Dec 27, 2008

8 by Newheights »»
Nov 8, 2009 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.