Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why do I feel like claymore was basically demon slayer before demon slayer?

New
Jun 21, 2021 3:00 PM
Jun 2020
Like legit it somewhat follows the same plot in demon slayer a human with a sister who was once human turns into a demon and now they both have to kill demon in order to help his sister cure from being a demon. In claymore a half human half demon or Yoma which is what they call them in anime and manga with being join by a human who wants to protect people has to kill demons in the same way the demon slayer Corp has to go out and kill demons…

Or am I the only one that sees the resemblance??
Jun 21, 2021 3:06 PM

Apr 2020
"Teen joins (usually militaristic) group to fight supernatural forces" is neither a new nor a unique concept. That doesn't make it a bad concept, it just means that many anime follow that same structure.
Jun 21, 2021 9:10 PM
Jan 2018
I fiercely disliked claymore but at least it was somewhat original.
Demon slayer doesnt have any original ideas and is only riding the coattails of the shonen genre. Most of the characters are bad, the writing is bad, the pacing is awful as it skips over months or even years worth of time, Tanjiro went from a weak piece of crap to a beast in about 2-3 episodes because who needs story and setup? Lets just make him strong quick so we can get to the battle scenes! The characters all have 1-2 personality traits other than Tanjiro, There's no space between each part of the story, rather than walking from place to place and allowing us to experience this world it just jumpcuts all over the damn place, the cg can be pretty bad and its actually everywhere once you start looking for it and last but not least...

Zenitsu is the least likable character I've ever seen. One shitty personality trait where he's just mentally unstable. He cries and whines and oh he also wants to bang a girl. How original.

I gave demon slayer a 4/10 and I get ALOT of shit for it. It's just generic, and everything it does ive seen many, MANY times over.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 22, 2021 2:40 AM
Sep 2010
Yeah maybe. They are both on Shonen Jump, but seeing that Demon Slayer came out a decade after Claymore, that just makes Demon Slayer less original regardless of how popular it may be.
Jun 22, 2021 3:36 AM

Aug 2019
Claymore is also a far better manga than Demon Slayer. It's a pity the anime adaptation went original at the end.

Claymore needs a new, proper adaptation.
Jun 22, 2021 9:37 AM
Oct 2017
Claymore is the reason I started reading manga at all. After the anime I was interested in what's next and heard there was some HUGE reveal later in the manga and had to know,i was not disappointed. But the Claymore anime has not aged well.

Demon Slayer has good animation I'll give it that, but every character can be accurately summarized with about 3 words. And giving back story to every villain is an interesting gimmick but it drags things out way to long and doesn't have the audience questioning the world or motives. In the end it's just another villain to defeat.

Meanwhile the whole point of Claymore is to question who's good and evil the best Shonen type anime in my opinion have blurry lines between the heros and villains.
Jan 30, 2023 6:07 AM

Nov 2022
It is way better than Demon Slayer. More plot, better characters, more serious overall.

Demon Slayer is a complete joke compare to this. The only thing Demon Slayer has better is art quality, but that is only because it is much newer.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jan 30, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2022
ThorLL said:
It is way better than Demon Slayer. More plot, better characters, more serious overall.

Demon Slayer is a complete joke compare to this. The only thing Demon Slayer has better is art quality, but that is only because it is much newer.

Couldn't agree more......
Jul 29, 2023 2:11 PM
Oct 2015
kilo_beatz said:
Like said:
kilo_beatz
Like legit it somewhat follows the same plot in demon slayer a human with a sister who was once human turns into a demon and now they both have to kill demon in order to help his sister cure from being a demon. In claymore a half human half demon or Yoma which is what they call them in anime and manga with being join by a human who wants to protect people has to kill demons in the same way the demon slayer Corp has to go out and kill demons…

Or am I the only one that sees the resemblance??
yeah and freesia and dorohedoro was chainsawman before chainsawman.
at least fujimoto acknowledged he took inspiration from it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.