Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The investigation on D Hill continues on who could be the potential culprit, which still is hinged on Yokuya Kinshiro.

Dojima getting a massage from Sosaku is sublime though. But otherwise, tensions abound with the many theories of how Nagahiro's position as the Student Council president can be thwarted.

Heh, Odoru the Storyteller: Manabu's older brother, and the founder of the Pretty Boy Detective Club, and would ya believe it: he's the same as Nagahiro, though his stature is way higher...in the past. The influences between brothers aside, some secrets to why he wouldn't want to share, those are secrets best left to himself as his time has already passed.

It wouldn't be surprising that the scummy Dojima will ask the other members, though their memory with him isn't the same as before.

The snow queen that is the once nominated vice-president Wana Naganawa looks OK and is recovering well, though her fascination with Nagahiro is like shooting over the stars for the guy. Michiru and Dojima interrogating Wana for more information about the accident in discreet fashion, and they largely got what they came for, with a few mysteries left to link to the root cause...with a clean slate.

Whatever the speculation now, the inclusion of the "hit and run" culprit acting now, with clear-head evidence they can be for sure find the guy to aim for: Yokuya Kinshiro.
KANLen09Jun 19, 2021 12:03 PM
Jun 19, 2021 11:21 AM
Sep 2015
Finally a watchable episode. I almost drop this so many times. Now with only 1 episode left, I'm gonna finish this messy thing.
Jun 19, 2021 12:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's getting more and more mysterious, seems like that accident was real and he tried to do the same to Dojima... and turns out it's indeed her classmate
Jun 19, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
As the case of accident continued in this episode as well. Mayumi and Fukuroi kept investigating the case by themselves. Mayumi along with Sakiguchi visit the first leader of Pretty Boys Detective Club, Odoru Sotouin, who's the older brother of the current leader of the club. He's mysterious as well. Well, he was a detective after all.

Wana Naganawa seems like a nice girl opposite from what Mayumi was told and described as. She's a sweet girl and not a snow queen tho her behavior told me that she wasn't interested in being the President at all and she looked happy that Mayumi is taking her place. And, yes we were attacked on the D-street just like Naganawa's hit and run. One more episode left to solve this case and put a full stop to this.
Jun 19, 2021 4:33 PM
Sep 2017
Didn’t enjoy the Attic or Brocade Portrait arcs at all - most of those last 4 eps didn’t make sense to me, but these last 2 eps about D Hill have been fun.
Jun 19, 2021 6:12 PM
Apr 2019
I knew that normal kid creeped me out... I guess never trust the normies haha
Jun 19, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2018
Seems that this series is going to finish off on a fairly strong arc. Now that there proper stakes and they’re doing more than talk about paintings it’s gotten back to the quality it showed at the start of the season.
Odoru was an interesting character that i’m sure has a bigger role later in the novels. That ordinary guy being the hit and run driver was expected as well, but I still liked how the series went over different possibilities and floats other ideas before revealing it.

Jun 19, 2021 11:40 PM
Apr 2021
it's funny how this is following the evolution of detective stories through time. The father of the classic Sherlock Holmes style stories began with sir Edgar Allen Poe. His first stories were kind of bland, lacking in action or suspense. In fact one of the stories was solved right from an armchair (what made it even more cool was that the story was based off a real case, and he wrote most of it while the case was ongoing. Then at the end the case was revealed and he changed the ending to fit, but it still flows so naturally because his theory was so close to the truth). Overall, the Poe era of detective stories was lacking in stakes and suspense. This changed with Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series, which increased the intelligence and complexity of the cases, and overall upped the stakes with Holmes often taking risks and putting his life on the line.

What's for sure is that this series has taken a while to get into stride. But now I can say with certainty that this latest arc is fascinating, and an example of a good detective story. I just hope that in future seasons (if they ever come), this show will continue to be consistently good.
Jun 20, 2021 12:05 AM

Dec 2018
Each episode I fall in love yet again with the aesthetics of these pretty detective boys.

I only wish there were more episodes to come.

And also more beautiful scum.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Jun 20, 2021 4:04 AM

Oct 2016
That massage scene though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), that was also the first time we saw Sousaku speak that much in a single scene. Great episode! Good to know Mayumi will stay a scumbag for the rest of her life lmao. I like how they are dealing with adolescence, maybe our pretty boys will end up like Odoru as well once they reach high school, it's unavoidable.

I didn't expect that kind of attitude from the "Snow Queen", Naganawa was adorable, can't blame Michiru for being won over. I can't believe our scumbag actually almost got ran over, but little did Yokuya know, he just got caught in 4K. Really looking forward to the last episode, hope we get a second season or even better, Monogatari Off Season.
Jun 20, 2021 7:39 AM
May 2016
sKyBlazer08 said:
That massage scene though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), that was also the first time we saw Sousaku speak that much in a single scene..

Yeah what was up with that? Seemed out of nowhere, actually mounted on her back then with a view up her towel all the way to Albuquerque when he was massaging her feet o_0 was her being that comfortable implying he's a pretty gay boy detective? Not that that would be a shock or anything but an odd way to reveal it. (also the odd picture of him cradling her in his arms didn't seem to imply that at all).

Anyway interesting thing about the older brother, one more episode to go should be fun.

Also check out the OP video if you haven't already, it's very fun (the lead singer of sumika does not look how I pictured him from his voice)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-jJnCtuWiQ
Jun 21, 2021 3:16 AM
Sep 2016
Explain please

What does this sentence mean actually?
Jun 21, 2021 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
my legs almost gave out for some reason when sousuke called mayumi "mayu", was I the only one? kkkkkk
Jun 21, 2021 7:57 PM
Apr 2016
phantomfandom said:
Finally a watchable episode. I almost drop this so many times. Now with only 1 episode left, I'm gonna finish this messy thing.

if you don't like it why do you keep watching tho lmao
Jun 21, 2021 8:09 PM
Apr 2016
MenchiK1 said:
sKyBlazer08 said:
That massage scene though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), that was also the first time we saw Sousaku speak that much in a single scene..

Yeah what was up with that? Seemed out of nowhere, actually mounted on her back then with a view up her towel all the way to Albuquerque when he was massaging her feet o_0 was her being that comfortable implying he's a pretty gay boy detective? Not that that would be a shock or anything but an odd way to reveal it. (also the odd picture of him cradling her in his arms didn't seem to imply that at all).

haha I don't think that's it. i love how the series, although called "pretty boys" detective club, works in a very agender and assexual way, like how mayumi and manabu dress as a boy and girl respectively in a very comfortable way, or how nagahiro is very feminine, or how they barely bat an eye to the fact mayu's a girl joining the club and people outside also doesn't seem to care. so I think it's one of those scenes that represents that very well, how in the end it doesn't matter at all.
miamiatzoJun 21, 2021 8:12 PM
Jun 21, 2021 9:31 PM
May 2016
miamiatzo said:
MenchiK1 said:

haha I don't think that's it. i love how the series, although called "pretty boys" detective club, works in a very agender and assexual way, like how mayumi and manabu dress as a boy and girl respectively in a very comfortable way, or how nagahiro is very feminine, or how they barely bat an eye to the fact mayu's a girl joining the club and people outside also doesn't seem to care. so I think it's one of those scenes that represents that very well, how in the end it doesn't matter at all.

I think it matters (on the show too) I think that was what the whole older brother thing was about too, you can get away with that stuff while still in middle school, but can't once you're older.... I had a relative who as a kid dressed up as a girl all the time (just because he knew it would get a reaction) and no one batted an eye (cuz he was just a kid) and is a normal heterosexual adult who doesn't do that anymore.
That's why it's crazy to me when if a kid does that nowadays their parents start asking the doctor for hormone treatment because they must be transgender. o_0
Jun 23, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2016
That massage scene was so distracting me from reading the subtitles XD
Jun 24, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2020
I loved THe ep11 It's first That I truly ENjoy TBH
Aug 5, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
For a guy whom we've barely seen Mayumi's next seat neighbour Yokuya sure got a lot of hit-and-runs on his name. Curious to see how they're going to confront him.
UnkrownedAug 5, 2021 1:29 AM

Mar 27, 2022 11:19 PM

Jul 2021
The amount of twist I'm getting in this series just keeps getting intriguing.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 24, 3:57 PM
May 2022
On en parle de la tête du mec dans la voiture la ? Il fait flipper

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

18 by iridi »»
Apr 4, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 5 Discussion

Ashhk - May 8, 2021

33 by iridi »»
Apr 4, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Bishounen Tanteidan Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

44 by Izu-ku »»
Mar 24, 4:15 PM

» Who is the prettiest boy in your opinion?

MsNoobT - Jun 12, 2021

30 by SnadalFox »»
Feb 20, 9:38 AM

» This anime is so underrated!!

sonu711 - Jan 15, 2022

15 by OberonFelsach »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.