Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 21, 2021 8:35 PM
Jun 2017
How did Kate get that information? I don't remember it even being explained in the manga. Maybe some king of precognitive knowledge, if I recall correctly?

Welp, it appears we're in anime-original waters. I hope this incident with the veiled doll has some ties to Ch-you-know-who-er (Well, Robe-sama and R-y).
Anyway, thhe bit about the training room was erased, so we haven't got anything with the Soot Powers, the Star Bearers (specially Barbie), the Belles, Ch-you-know-who-er or the planning and cunning that makes Yakusoku no Neverland feel as forced as a bent steel bar. We also lost some heartwarming moments for Patrick and the events that led to the First Meeting.

My, my, I didn't expect a certain girl to return so quickly...
Jun 22, 2021 3:43 PM
Feb 2021
John and Shaun punching each other gave me a heart attack each damn time lmaoo.
Jun 23, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2007
it's torture drinking all that water, but it's necessary to cure the brainwashing. Kate really cares for Emilico. Punching each other, also remove the brainwashing, as John showed.

I wonder how they will end the anime. Only two more episode to go.

looking forward to next week! :)
Liddo-kunJun 24, 2021 4:28 PM
Jun 23, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2020
I kind of preferred the idea that the dolls were actually not human, because I feel like it creates a good environment to explore what makes something sentient and deserving of human rights. For example, if these dolls really were created specifically to be slaves, they still deserve personhood and independence. The only reason I can think of to reveal that they were humans the whole time is maybe to instead call into question the sentience of the shadows? Or maybe to make us feel bad for thinking their living situations are acceptable. Either way, it's really interesting to see that both shadows and humans in this house are kind of subjected to this awful system, and that the dolls might not be the ones in the most danger.

One question that I'm EXTREMELY curious about still though; WHY is Kate so against makeup? Or an imprint of her face? What about showing her face is harmful?
Jun 24, 2021 7:24 AM

Oct 2019
Just like I (and probably just about everyone else) thought the "Living Dolls" are just humans. I just wonder how on Earth the younger dolls-in-training manage to survive with mere bread. Perhaps it is not simple bread and is full of nutrients?

At first I thought Edward or one his assistants abducted Emilico to have her brainwashing restored and question her about Kate and her intentions. It rather seems that they are just using Emilico as bait for Kate (and anyone who will help her; perhaps everyone of this generation, since they all agreed to rescue Emilico, albeit for different reasons). So even if Emilico was still brainwashed she would have probably been abducted all the same.

There was a tiny shadow spy (possibly spawned by Edward) in the room where Kate talked to the other recent debuts about Emilico, so Edward and co must be aware of the upcoming rescue effort. It's also possible that Edward and everyone except Grandpa Boss cannot spawn new shadow parasites; in that case (since Edward's operation is clandestine) the spy was sent by Grandpa himself.

I haven't read the source material but it feels as if the pacing has been rushed after a rather slow start and mid part of the season. Just about every secret has been disclosed now, so it looks like Cloverworks are planning to wrap everything up in just 13 episodes. The purpose of Shadow House is presumably to gather as many suitable human hosts for the soot-like fairy parasites as possible. Just like any organism it needs to procreate and multiply; eventually perhaps expand beyond that mansion.
Jun 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2010
Even if they though kate was unloyal.. would they really just kill one of their own? and if they do.. won't that just create more distrust? Seems like a slippery slope.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Oh so they were human after all. I figured they were in the first episode then I bought the whole story of them being created by a grandfather because I didn't have any evidence to prove they were human. When Emilico fell from the window they didn't seem injured so I was like, "oh she's not human" lol

I'm glad to see the shadows helping out the humans. They're not all bad. I mean obviously, they have their own personalities and some even love their human/living doll way too much like Louise loves Lou.

I'm going to most likely read the manga after I finish the next episode.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
This is some reverse "Get Out" shit

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2020
I like how people are quick to be disappointed once they heard "anime original" in this episode's forum, when us manga readers clearly knows that this will not conclude faithfully.

The thing about it is that AFTER the debut arc, the manga clearly didn't set off a buffer zone to transition into a new arc or story, which is why this anime will definitely have an anime-original ending. I would rather take an original ending compared to an ending that is faithful to the manga but will leave off in an unfinished note.
Aug 11, 2021 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Gotta love John and Shaun, punching it out to get rid of the brainwashing. Although unexpected to see Kate ask the others for help since she's kind of a lone wolf, still nice alliance formed there just to defeat Edward lol.

Aug 29, 2021 11:02 AM

Feb 2018
Smart of Kate reading Emilico's diary, she found out that water was the 'cure'. So the Shadow House brings soot coal to the villagers and they offer their kids because they're brainwashed by the soot.. everyone loses, except the Shadow House. Now the whole gang will group against the House!
Aug 29, 2021 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
Knowing that the shadow masters take over the living dolls bodies was one creepy thing, and knowing that the living dolls are actually human is a totally different creepy thing. I thought they were carved out of wood and were animated by some sort of magic. The shadows practically possess humans.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 30, 2021 5:35 AM
Aug 2021
I didn't understand how Kate found out the dolls were actually human. What tipped her off?
Sep 2, 2021 2:06 PM
Oct 2019
it appears they've accused the wrong person of snatching emilico? didn't sound like his voice, but maybe i'm mistaken

this show is kind of f**ked up. kind of giving me promised neverland vibes. hope it doesn't go to shit like promised neverland, though
Sep 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Oct 2017
Verty_ said:
Looks like Cloverworks is fucking everything up again.

Facccctttts this is how i feeel VERT!

Dropped it ep 4-5 first time and scored a 2-3

read manga and it was fuckin awesome, scored a 10

Rewatched anime it got a lil better eps 5 and beyond was like ight, maybe itll be a 7 - then the end, totally retconeddddddddd

just some bulllshittttt right there man....
Oct 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
i find it suspicious that louise brushed off the issue of kate's face being missing to showcase her dangerous ability to affect her own face's (and possibly other's) emotions, yet still agreed to help out because "lou could have had her face scratched!" while everyone else was listing legitimate reasons to hate edward.

i had my bets placed on both actual living dolls created by the lord or humans equally. i thought it was strange that they were apparently built "so well" as dolls that no water or sand, etc. foreign particles could enter their body. but i was also under the idea that perhaps it was true. the disappointing outcome of the two was the "living dolls" being human, it's more extraordinary to see dolls break out of their own hollow shell than to see humans being... humans.

it looks like the time is coming soon to read the manga...
Jan 1, 2022 6:31 AM

Mar 2017
It wasn’t a surprise that the dolls are actually human but what was a surprise is that the other Shadow Children were so willing to help Kate. I guess that goes to show how much they love their dolls ❤️
Mar 4, 2022 1:31 PM
Jun 2016
I love them so much and it was so hard to see Emilico like that😭😭 and the rest of them completely losing their character growth 💔
Apr 15, 2022 9:44 PM

Apr 2016
Now everything is starting to speed up but nothing like being in a hurry and having to watch two guys fighting because why not.
Jul 24, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2020
The fucked up truth is here, Shadows house being a fraudulent company build upon nothing but lies. Kids were normal human all along, but these creeps altered the whole fucking existence of them. Hope they suffer in the most detestable way possible.

Kate opening up and asking the other three for help was a pleasant surprise, heck she's the MVP for this whole damn episode.
Aug 15, 2022 12:52 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Finally the "dolls" being brainwashed humans is revealed and somehow some people still suprised pikachu'ed at that despite it being criminically obvious since what seems like forever lmao
This was overrall a cool ep but there's a lot of things that don't make sense. As some people have already pointed out, Kate's actions were so weird this episode, like telling John okay I guess I could kind of get that, but why on earth would she trust Louise and Patrick so easily?? Tell them everything just like that when she could be outed as a traitor... And how did she find out about literally e v e r y t h i n g on her own and for how long has she known... They will reveal all this later on, I know, but still seems kinda cheap.
You'd think the evil shadows would be more careful to hide from everyone the cure being water but no....
Also lmao @ Shaun's reaction to him being told he's a human just smiling like "lol ok"

Aug 31, 2022 8:22 AM

Sep 2017
This was damn funny imo even though it shouldnt be.

Can't wait for next episode.

Also soot and coal is bad. Along with dark coffee.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 16, 2022 11:28 AM
Jul 2015
I always suspected the dolls were true humans.
May 1, 2023 5:33 AM

Oct 2022
I love how Emilico's feelings about Ram are kind of mirrored for the viewers. In Emilico's case, she was sad about her death, but all she could remember was happiness due to the coffee. Meanwhile, for the viewers, it's very difficult to be happy for Kate and Emilico passing their debut when you just saw Ram's shadow fade away right when they were getting along so well. That entire celebration just felt empty and it's impressive how they were able to pull that off and play with your emotions so effectively.

Jul 8, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2022
You would think Kate was trying to kill Emilico via hyponatremia there with how much water she was made to drink. It makes John's "punch each other out" cure look pleasant in comparison. Whatever works, lol.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 15, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
Though I read that it's different from the original source, I still enjoyed this episode. On the anime watcher pov, it's interesting to see that the living dolls are actually human chosen by the Shadow Family. Although I hope there will be a flashback on how Kate found the information. It's also nice to see all of them act together to save Emilico and this is funny tho:

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

62 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.