Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 11, 2021 11:43 AM

Aug 2018
Well, glad that Shii is alright in the end.. She easily could have gotten pneumonia back there..
Feb 15, 2022 9:03 AM
Aug 2021
this series has been doing excellent UNTIL this stupid episode. holy this is a laughabily bad episode, and one of the dumbest plot I've ever seen in an SOL series where there shouldn't be too much plot going on.
Mar 9, 2022 12:03 AM

Jul 2021
So if you're ever in an accident, do not call Koguma for help. I was really surprised by her behavior in this episode. Her friend almost dies of hypothermia and could have had other injuries and she didn't seem very concerned at all, more annoyed than anything. Hospital? Nah, you're fine. Just go take a bath. Then she puts her in the bike's front basket to take her home, with her wet clothes in that freezing wind. It's like if the crash and icy water doesn't kill you, Koguma will.
Jun 27, 2022 4:48 AM

Dec 2020
Lmao good thing this is anime cause Shii for sure would've been dead if not. Or maybe it was the power of product placement that saved her.
Jul 22, 2022 12:05 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see that Shii is doing fine even if her body temperature goes near zero degrees.
Sep 6, 2022 2:39 AM

Oct 2017
Vivaldi in a bike show? I am intrigued but confused.
Sep 10, 2022 6:26 PM
Jun 2020
When recieving a call from a friend in an emergency situation like that it's not uncommon to rush and not think straight like bringing a blanket. Plus the only option she had for shii to ride was the basket. The storage box in the back would of had to be removed for another rider to sit. Who has time to use a wrench and remove it at night in the cold when time is important. The only thing I can agree with was her not calling 911. But then they really downplayed the aftermath of the accident and lack of urgency given such a scenario. But hey it's an Anime, things often don't add up.

From early it seemed to me that shii could have had a crush on koguma. It was pretty evident that some interest was there, so her calling koguma shouldn't shock anyone.
Nov 13, 2022 7:27 AM
Jul 2020
bruh the first 10 minutes of this episode made me drop the entire series. one episode left, couldn't be less interested in finishing it. such terrible writing. oof. def want a super cub tho.
Nov 21, 2022 10:53 PM

Feb 2019
Wow this episode is something else. Good thing it's like the Dead Space 3 prologue where you die if your body temp drops to actual 0°C and not thirty-something. Btw if someone couldn't even get out of the cold water stream by themself, i would be slightly more concened, not just because of the cold.

As for the bicycle, those things go for like 2 grand, so i'm pretty sure they would just get it fixed.
Dec 7, 2022 6:19 PM

May 2022
Always, always, always...call for an ambulance. In the USA that means dial 911. Shii-chan is lucky to have survived without any permanent injury.

I can't believe Koguma said there was nothing left to buy for their Cubs! She didn't think about a passenger seat for poor Shii-chan.
Jan 1, 2023 5:17 PM
Apr 2020
Words cannot describe how badly this rescue scene was botched in the anime’s part. I haven’t seen the source material’s version of this scene, but I did read the manga rendition, and the way it’s handled is significantly different. I won’t spoil anything, but long story short, Koguma in the manga was nowhere near as reckless and inconsiderate as her anime counterpart was shown to be.
Romax24245Apr 25, 2023 3:50 PM
Jan 8, 2023 6:30 PM

May 2022
Romax24245 said:
Words cannot describe how badly this rescue scene was botched in the anime’s part. I haven’t seen the source material’s version of this scene, but I did read the manga rendition, and the way it’s handled is significantly different. I won’t spoil anything, but long story short, Koguma in the manga was nowhere near as careless and inconsiderate as her anime counterpart was shown to be.
I went back and read chapter 25 in the manga, and you are correct that it comes off better in the manga. The manga gives more detail about the girls' thoughts and motivations, why they didn't call for an ambulance, although if Koguma had been thinking clearly she would have immediately called Shii's parents and/or an ambulance. I also admit that my 16 year old self would have been just as foolish and probably would have done exactly as did Koguma. So the action in the manga is consistent with the behavior of teenagers. 

I'm reading the light novel now, when I can find translations in English. But I plan to watch the anime and read the manga again. Despite any flaws in its adaptation, Super Cub has become an all time favorite for me.
Feb 14, 2023 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
I can understand not knowing about how to heat up someone (remove wet clothes etc.) but not calling at least her parents / the restaurant, or some help... and even worst, putting her IN FRONT OF HER CUB, which is super cold and VERY DANGEROUS if you fall, and she almost fell when she slipped on the ice just before saving her... it's... woaw.

This iyashikei-ish anime is ruined by this stupid scene.
May 4, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2022
That slap was hilarious lmao. Everything is wrong with that rescue well atleast that ending is really good.
Jun 20, 2023 4:20 PM

Nov 2009
In this episode: We find out that a fatherless home may cause kids to grow up with unstable and erratic behaviours, but a fatherless + motherless home will definetly turn you into a freaking sociopath. Young lady goes beyond autistic when rescuing a fellow teen and makes every single worst decision possible. It is actually a miracle that the kid survived.

How can you take your sweet time to take a person out of a river... during the night... in the goddamn winter? Poor girl was there for so long she absolutely had to be suffering for hypothermia. Also, since she couldn't stand up from the water by herself, she probably had something broken or maybe even a concussion. No matter, thought, her rescuer make her climb the riverbank by herself (!!), and then just stands there making a call while the girl is still wearing wet clothes. And finally, the cherry on top, the girl is put in a goddamn basket in the * front * of the moped so she can be the extra wind shield, riding home with wet clothes taking the wind right in the face and body. All that would need at least one month of intensive care for her to recover lmao.
Jun 30, 2023 8:15 AM
Jun 2020
This one episode really can just drop the rating I have for this show from the past 10 episodes. 
The show was sort of cool, chill paced, standard slice of life, with  a little bit of wild/rebellious -ness to it (young kids having a taste of adventure that their rides could give them ), a bit of a coming of age story. All was well until this episode that shows the most irrational, nonsensical drama possible for a slice of life. 
How can all 3 of them think is okay to not go to the hospital or call the parents of Shi immediately when she was partially submerged in COLD water IN the MIDDLE of WINTER!?! She could have been injured which was why she couldn't lift herself up and out of the water. And then, add to that, put her in the basket, yes, excellent, pulled her out of freezing water then chuck her in the front of your Cub where she get the FULL blast of a Winter's night wind, AND in WET clothes. Hypothermia is a myth in this world. 
Jul 3, 2023 2:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The fact that Koguma almost crashed herself while looking for Shii and still decided to put Shii in the basket and drive back home. So much gone wrong this episode.

Nov 6, 2023 1:24 PM
Aug 2015
Bad writing, bad development, this episode just made me drop the anime
Dec 9, 2023 10:10 AM

May 2019
Koguma taking care of Shii, so kind.
Apr 25, 8:34 PM
Dec 2020
I understand it's sort of her thing... But Koguma's actions were really off-putting in this episode. Absolutely zero foresight for the rescue scene and not at all comforting towards Shii-chan who was just in a life-or-death situation. Reiko was a bit too nonchalant in this as well, didn't even ask Shii-chan if she was okay. This is my second watch through after watching it as it released and this all kind of sullied my opinion on the whole series.
Apr 27, 4:44 AM

May 2020
I'm glad that the majority of us can agree with the fact that this episode was DUMB AF!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2021

103 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 27, 4:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.