Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this chaos plot element is giving me the creeps. Not to mention, that is one monstrous cat...

Merlin and Arthur really do have a special relationship in this show, even in terms of lore. Not a big fan of Arthur myself though. Only 2 episodes left but I feel underwhelmed by this episode.
Jun 9, 2021 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
The enemy and chaos were nearby all along...

Witch girl did all those set up so the world is imbalance and revive chaos.

How the king describes here is so funny.

lol @ creating a space while talking passionately.

Wow that cat... it's another enemy who aims for power of chaos, another enemy who is nearby to king.

Witch girl left the group w. the king, though. Is there a meaning to the chaos side disappearing from the sword.

Witch girl vs. the cat, which still exists, it seems.

King & pig in preview. 2 more eps.
tsubasaloverJun 9, 2021 2:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 9, 2021 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
With Merlin's duty to awaken the King of Chaos (Arthur) from the very beginning, it feels like a backstabbing betrayal to the Seven Deadly Sins, but whatever plans that were already done, it's all been set in stone from the moment those actions were taken without any doubt. Even the Lady in the Lake says so.

To think that Chaos is Mama Hawk, that's a surprise, but the evidence of sealing that massive power within another being (Arthur) is as tragic as the real thing. Ah, nice to see Cath again, no wonder he's in hiding for very long...but it's a totally different being infused by the mother of Chaos, turning into Cath Palug.

Even until the end, Arthur has been screwed time and time again for fodder, and Merlin's sin to take care of the King of Chaos within the scales of Chaos is an abject truth, whilst transporting the Seven Deadly Sins back to Liones.

Regardless, a necessary evil must be eradicated lest Britannia will incur a new hell again, and Cath Palug is still out there. The one final battle to finish evil once and for all, beast Chaos vs. cheating human.
Jun 9, 2021 12:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Merlin's re-activated Elizabeth's curse, wow, and chaos is... Hawk's mother, what an episode xD it really feels like the climax of the story with Arthur's situation and Cath
Jun 9, 2021 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Such a messy and chaotic (pun intended) episode... 😆

I just realized that the gang never had the time to properly process Escanor's death as they pretty much got thrown into the next overwhelming plot right after. I feel for them.
Jun 9, 2021 3:28 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly kinda disappointed with the way this season has gone, they had 3 demon king fights in Britannia and 1 in the demon world, and then all of a sudden in ep 21 out of 24 they bring in a whole plot line about chaos and merlin backstabbing the sins to awake chaos etc etc like what??? This should have been set up and eluded to properly from the beginning of the season, and this should have been made the main plot point around ep 12, since seeing all those demon king fights was just so draining to watch. Really disappointed with how low this show has fallen, it was so good back in s1 and honestly I even thought s3 and s4 were good, but this season has left me wanting more. I know there is a movie releasing later this year, but I have a feeling that will be about the giant demon thing (I think it was called indura but im not sure, the spider thing) and how the other sins beat it with the help of escanor.
Jun 9, 2021 6:16 PM
Nov 2019
bro just fucking kill merlin already she played with my boy's Heart Escanor deserved more by the end of this anime i better be smoking on merlin's pack
Jun 9, 2021 9:13 PM
Dec 2019
Well, its an adaptation of the source material alright.

Is it a good adaptation? As of this episode yes. Someone coming from the manga, I recalled this point in the story to not be it for me and it still isn't after all this time. That's good, just shows the accuracy they adapted this to.

If this were to be the best adaptation it could be, personally, the part where Escanor peaced out and where the chaos arc starts should've been filled with an arc or even an episode where Meliodas and the gang reflect on Cath and Arthur, mourn Escanor's death, have Merlin's true intentions hinted at, maybe even a "My time has come" scene with the goddess of chaos, not in that exact order. All I want is a filler arc like the one we had between s1 and s2 to setup this arc. Think, the first quarter of episode 21, but this time its is like Signs of Holy War and does all the things I laid out.

The counter to my argument is that it was setup at season 2. Yes, things were all setup. But that was all in s2 and s3, we just had the greatest high in the series, Meliodas defeats the demon king and saves Eli, Escanor sacrificed himself for the team. Now, we shoehorn Merlin's backstory and intent, make one of the series' duo (Arthur and Cath) suddenly become mortal enemies and surprise, HA HA 7DS YOU ALL HAVE DADDY ISSUES, we made one of the most badass characters in the series become the villain for 2 ep and have Arthur resolve that conflict, because he can use the force to make things appear out of thin air. And, btw, Merlin is a heartless bitch that does not feel remorse for not reciprocating Escanor's feelings and she's gonna bring chaos cause no one ever loved her? How can that last one not grant an explanation, even a fraction of an episode where Merlin contemplates her decision to bring chaos in the world woulda helped. No, the scar doesn't dampen her intent to release chaos on the world.

I'm kinda let down, I expected the plot to be fixed in this adaptation not just satiate the messy story we had from the manga and barf that all out again, but its animated.
Jun 10, 2021 3:06 AM

May 2020
im confused, is diane a giant or not? because 5:28 she was abt the same size as king
NANI!!!!
or im missing something huh
Jun 10, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah about the Arthur/Cath thing: apparently in the actual folklore Cath Palug is a giant welsh cat monster that is said to have killed King Arthur? Then in other variations suggest that Arthur is the one who slayed Cath instead. Either way although it still feels a little rushed, I suppose this gives it a little less 'out of nowhere' feel to it.
removed-userJun 10, 2021 6:17 AM
Jun 10, 2021 8:41 AM
Jan 2020
this new arc seems so unnecessary... It would have been better if they fought the Supreme Deity instead with the help of Arthur... I don't know where this is going, but I hope it turns out well.
Jun 10, 2021 10:38 AM

Jun 2019
Seems like Arthur's cat, Cathe was the chaos all along which was residing inside Hawke's mom all along or something like that. Cathe wants to eat Arthur but luckily, with the help of the holy sword, Arthur managed to defeat it for a short time. The final boss, Cathe is back and Merlin is ready to fight him.

Also, got to know more about Merlin's past and why she decided to be with Seven Deadly Sins. At this point, I think the seven deadly sins are gonna go their separate ways which is fine by me.
Jun 10, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Episode very surprised a lot really was a good episode, merlin happenings are increasingly mysterious.
Jun 10, 2021 6:27 PM
Feb 2020
I just don’t understand why this new plot point is being brought up I thought this was the last season.

Interesting that cath and Merlin were kind of enemies the whole time.

Is hawk able to use chaos power since he’s the son of chaos? So confused.
Jun 11, 2021 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Not only was the animation absolute shit, I think this show as totally lost the plot. Its so far from the first two seasons it become a joke
Jun 12, 2021 5:34 AM
Nov 2009
Even though this whole new development felt like it came out of nowhere, I'm still intrigued how the story will conclude in 2 episodes. I also realized theres a sequel to the manga.
Jun 12, 2021 5:02 PM

Nov 2012
Cath at the end reminded me of Madara from Natsume Yujincho.

Merlin is a mad scientist.
Jun 12, 2021 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Natsude_tanaka said:
im confused, is diane a giant or not? because 5:28 she was abt the same size as king
NANI!!!!
or im missing something huh

Merlin made a potion or used some magic spell a few seasons back to make Diane human-sized, and they've been utilizing that throughout the series since then. When they need to fight, Diane will be brought back to her normal size.
Jun 13, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2017
That beast thingy at the end looked freaky.
Jun 18, 2021 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
Sigh.. they've really lost me this time. There's is no point to any of this Chaos logic. Guess I'll stick it out for two more episodes.
Jun 23, 2021 3:05 PM

Jun 2014
Oh yeah I forgot how ridiculous this post-Demon King Cath/Arthur shit was lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2021 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
Cath is the true final boss huh

The world of Britannia just can't take a break. After fighting off two demon kings, now they are in danger from chaos going out of control. haha
Aug 24, 2021 5:17 AM

Feb 2021
In my opinion Merlin is the coolest female character. Idk where this new arc will head to but hoping it will be good

not a fan of arthur so I wasn't expecting much from him

Anyway it's so hard to think that Merlin was the MC in this whole fights, it showed like she used seven deadly sins for her own selfish desire (it's not Merlin style)

And finally it showed that every female character in their team has crush on the capitan
Sep 23, 2021 7:21 AM
Jan 2021
Pls I’m so confused now. All this chaos stuff, is it ok to bring all this in the last 2 episodes ?😅

Sep 28, 2021 9:22 AM

May 2015
This cat is creepy as hell!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 25, 2021 7:45 PM
Apr 2018
ARTHUR sure is kind, but immature! I want to know more about him to really come to like him.

Not to mention, I dislike watching DIANE, GOWTHER, KING (in the anime at least) with their immature personalities.

Something beyond God & Demons, the Chaos sure isn't something 'only physical'. So CATH still exists.
Doutei-kunOct 25, 2021 7:51 PM
Nov 20, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
I forgot about Arthur since he appeared for like 5 episodes than died but Merlin was always with him so there was always a curiosity to why she was always with him
Jan 6, 2022 7:13 PM

Aug 2018
This whole chaos thing is so weird...

Mar 31, 2022 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
wtf. this has gone to shit
May 7, 2022 12:10 PM

Jan 2020
I was going to give Merlin the benefit of the doubt, maybe she isn't really betraying anyone, but she did reactive the curse hanging over Elizabeth. That seems like something only a bad person would do. Granted Elizabeth was essentially a love rival, I guess. This has certainly become a different show.

And, it's not that what has happened is bad, per se. But it's presented in a rushed manner. Again, if they had culled even one episode of the drawn out Demon King fight, they probably could've set this up better.

Either way, I'm not sure why Arthur randomly lost an arm, we're nerfing characters with two episodes to go? I'm also not sure why Cath is just randomly evil. This entire final couple of episodes feels like an out of the way, optional, Super Boss in some JRPG.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 11:30 AM

Dec 2018
so cath was like fenrir? they have REALLY been stretching this shit out for too long. just end the damn thing and make the story at least half decent instead of beating a dead horse...or rather, dead cash cow.
StateofOhayoNov 16, 2022 11:38 AM
Mar 10, 2023 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
I can't believe they screwed up the two best characters in this show, I guess not only the animation took another nosedive with this season.
Apr 9, 2023 8:37 PM

Mar 2020
This episode literally inspired me the title of a Youtube video xD!

Tuto how to make your favorite characters super OP completely obsolete in 1 EPISODE! 🤣
Apr 14, 2023 1:30 AM
Mar 2022
The plot went way off the rails.
Aug 10, 2023 3:00 AM

Apr 2018
Keyaru6 said:
bro just fucking kill merlin already she played with my boy's Heart Escanor deserved more by the end of this anime i better be smoking on merlin's pack

+1 ...

We always complain when a show stopped in the middle because the studio don't get enough money out of it.. but here I think they shoud have.

They just needed to stop right after Escanor's death. The mangaka played the "love triangle struggle card" way too much imo.

Man this is so brutal.. so many girls love Meliodas and can't get rid of his meat even after 3000 fuking years ?

Even Jericho grow up and accepted the truth about Ban not loving her.

Anyway, Merlin so selfish that at least she gave a kiss for a man who died for... well nothing. just for her own whim.
satchoffAug 10, 2023 3:04 AM
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 19, 2023 12:45 PM
Apr 2023
Action scenes were pretty cool but the whole Chaos and Merlin being bruh things came and went pretty quickly, so it doesn’t feel that threatening. But the action scenes and Chaos world were cool.
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Sep 2023

I actually love this. The author definitely intended this from the inception of the idea of this entire story (both manga/anime). Merlin is the embodiment of pure genius psychopathy with insanely high intelligence. Cult leaders of the real world have nothing on what she *could* achieve if she were real. It's brilliant writing. I do feel conflicted about the backstabbing, but knowing it was not out of the blue, and rather something intended from the get-go (and hinted at along the way), I can separate my emotional dissonance to allow both to feel disappointed and infatuated at the same time. She's bad, in every meaning of the word, positive, negative, and everything in between. It's phenomenal.

But... I still would rather 🦴 Jericho, Gerheade, or Elaine 😼

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.