Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 4, 2021 6:38 AM
Jan 2018
I recently bought the first 3 volumes of this manga on a whim because I'd heard it's supposedly good. I now have have them, but what I didn't realize until after flipping through the pages was that the art here is seriously butt-ugly. I'm not really sure why characters are drawn in such a weird way (especially the eyes) and why there's so little detail but it's pretty off-putting to me. So I'm wondering: is this really worth trying to read in spite of the bad art? Is the story good enough to stand on its own?

Jun 4, 2021 7:37 AM

Jun 2019
Idk if you are reading the same Bokura ga ita manga or not but the art style seems fine to me. A lot of nice romance novel out there are in this artstyle too in 2010s :v
Jun 4, 2021 10:13 AM
Jan 2018
Suiyaki said:
Idk if you are reading the same Bokura ga ita manga or not but the art style seems fine to me. A lot of nice romance novel out there are in this artstyle too in 2010s :v

I am. Are you familiar with manga outside of 2010s romance? Stuff like Solanin, After The Rain, or The Gods Lie still look great and they're all recent romance, too. I'm not super picky, this is just poor compared to most manga.

But regardless, you didn't really address my question. I'm a bit worried that that might be a 'no'.
Jun 4, 2021 10:21 PM

Jun 2019
pichuscute said:
Suiyaki said:

I am. Are you familiar with manga outside of 2010s romance? Stuff like Solanin, After The Rain, or The Gods Lie still look great and they're all recent romance, too. I'm not super picky, this is just poor compared to most manga.

But regardless, you didn't really address my question. I'm a bit worried that that might be a 'no'.

I understand what you are saying, I think the story was really realistic and interesting, although it's very cliche. I also think that you become accustomed to the art style after reading for some time, just like me. But in the end, I think this story was really touching and highly recommend you to continue :DD I hope you will enjoy the story as I did!

Jun 7, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2018
Suiyaki said:
pichuscute said:

I understand what you are saying, I think the story was really realistic and interesting, although it's very cliche. I also think that you become accustomed to the art style after reading for some time, just like me. But in the end, I think this story was really touching and highly recommend you to continue :DD I hope you will enjoy the story as I did!

That's good to hear. Hopefully the same will happen to me then. Thanks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 1 Discussion

pranss0_0 - Apr 22, 2023

0 by pranss0_0 »»
Apr 22, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pillock - Feb 16, 2012

58 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 23, 2023 2:13 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 41 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 20, 2017

1 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

3 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 45 Discussion

Sennin_Darkissa - Nov 7, 2008

18 by chaosjelly »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.