Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty chill. Man, that piano scene looked so serene and calm void of all of their world's violence and drama.

It's too bad their world isn't perfect. Some of the episode felt like a work of art and Vivy is like a character representing the stillness of that performance.
May 29, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2011
This episode was just filled with WTF moments. Matsumoto's true identity, Vivy's song, and then that ending... Is it next week yet?
May 29, 2021 8:33 AM

May 2020
Crazy episode, just watched the raws. The only part I understood was the end where the Singularity Project has ended in failure, kinda expected that to be the case well time to wait for subs.
May 29, 2021 9:20 AM
Nov 2017
The singularity project didn't work, I kind of expected it, because the only events they really avoided was the marriage between a human and an AI

The rest had modifications but they still happened in a certain way, I'm curious to know what vivy and matsuomoto are going to do, going back in time again doesn't seem like an option, so they would have to defeat all the AI or disable them all in some way?

Have we discovered the true identity of the Matsumoto creator

After seeing it in subtitles I thought of something, am I crazy or are the AI singing the song of vivy? It took her time to compose it and when she finished it the next day all the AI started killing humans? Vivy may have caused the fuse indirectly of the AI revolution, I am very confused and looking forward to the next episode

There must be no conflict, when Grace's husband killed himself, Vivy 'broke', I wonder why it didn't happen to others, why there must be several AI with missions to save or heal people
Sky_Moon09May 29, 2021 6:56 PM
May 29, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
The "AI lalalalala sound" made me goosebumps...
Wow, can't wait for next week!
May 29, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
The singularity project failing wasn’t really surprising. When you think about it, only the marriage was prevented. The others were only modified. Perhaps this future is simply unavoidable? A true Tappei twist.

My big takeaway from the episode was Vivy learning that people are never really gone. Even though some of the missions failed and people died that she cared about, she’ll carry those people forever. Each episode we’ve seen Vivy go from being an A-1 to more and more human.

That post credits scene tho, no more waiting, the future is here. Can’t wait for next week. Final few episodes will determine how Vivy ranks up against 86 for AOTY.
Marinate1016May 29, 2021 9:32 AM
May 29, 2021 9:35 AM

Sep 2007
The singularity project failed? of course it did, it was illlogical from the start. making the AI uprising start by continually suppressing AI freedom and rights? It's such an obvious contradiction that I will be shocked and angered if the show doesn't bring it up in the last few episodes.
May 29, 2021 9:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The AI museum is a pretty neat idea. Though imagine living there must be pretty boring. Losing the ability to sing though must have been devastating to Diva. Been quite a while since Diva and Matsumoto met. Diva using the experiences that she learns from the visitors for inspiration for her new song was a pretty nice idea. More than anything i think this ep really showed just how fast time passes in the world. Overall a pretty calm ep that focused on allowing Diva to rediscover her lost talent via rediscovering all of the memories that came about as a result of meeting Matsumoto and embarking on the Singularity project. To think that the war that she worked so hard to prevent is now back once more. A calm before the storm huh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
Holy shit that ending punch line + post ed scene! So much hype for the next week!
May 29, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
A very sad yet beautiful episode.
Diva was kept inside the museum, it was very sad for me to see it.

Can’t wait for the next episode. It looks like that the final battle is coming.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 29, 2021 9:45 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty relaxing episode. Those piano scenes were beautiful.

That ending was unexpected. So, the singularity project didn't work after all.

SerafosMar 5, 5:48 AM
May 29, 2021 9:45 AM
Nov 2020
So matsumoto is the dude from ep 1 he send hiimself as a machine in the past or in a other timeline if it was correct crazy twist that matusmoto is the guy who planned this and failed at the end im very excited how it goes next week love tappei
May 29, 2021 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Another beautiful episode, it took 20 whole years but Vivy found her answer. The little kid grew up, made a family and his wife even died giving birth. That was pretty sad. Thou yo his name is Matsumoto? Coincedence? I dun think so. Is he the professor who sent Matsumoto to the past aka Matsumoto himself? Man this was a great plot twist.

Finally the last scene, so their project failed?
May 29, 2021 9:55 AM

Jun 2019
Vivy's in a museum... She's still thinking about the Singularity Project and still not sure if she can sing or not. Got to see Vivy's past a little bit and what her creator had in mind for Vivy who was tasked to make everyone happy with her singing.

What a considerable young boy just met Vivy who repeatedly same back to her as she said and we got to see growing up by the time was flowing. There's no song that an AI wrote of her free will so Vivy decided to write her own song in the meantime in Archive as she still wonders how was she able to sing so many songs before and not a single one now. As she found her inspiration back from the gentle touch of that little girl.

Followed with that dark ending.
May 29, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
assassini981200 said:
So matsumoto is the dude from ep 1 he send hiimself as a machine in the past or in a other timeline if it was correct crazy twist that matusmoto is the guy who planned this and failed at the end im very excited how it goes next week love tappei

Good spot, just watched back on episode 1 and there's a bunch of foreshadowing in that first scene that relates to the later episodes
May 29, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2020
Ah.. Matsumoto and Vivy were too late, the world is in chaos already..
May 29, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
well.. this episode reeks of Tappei writing no doubt..
It went from being one of the most beautiful episode to horrifying in 30 seconds.. what the hell..
Tho.. that dude being Matsumoto was a surprise but a welcome'd one!
why the hell can't next week come early..
May 29, 2021 10:30 AM

Mar 2020
What a surprising turn of event. I have no idea how this is gonna end now.
check out odd taxi
May 29, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2010
I knew it won't end well after such a peaceful moment, singularity project failed was kinda expected. But again, what is the actual catalyst of rebellious AI even in the first place? if it's unavoidable, the creation of automatic AI might be a mistake in the first place and Vivy shouldn't even be created. The only difference between eps 1 and this, is just Vivy become conscious to see all these events.

And hey, the little kid is Matsumoto. Great eps, LF to next!

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 29, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2017
Wait wasn't matsumoto sent 100 years to the past?
Unless I missed something it's only been around 85 years since he met Vivy, kinda makes it look like the singularity project didn't just fail but it sped up things, unless the trigger was Vivy's song.
May 29, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
That end ending part was crazy 😱😱🤯🤯
May 29, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
A different episode of the chill kind, but still fundamentally Vivy.

The time they're currently in NiaLand and Diva being a retired exhibition portrait, it's definitely sometime after the last timeline-confirmed Singularity Project with Ophelia's double suicide of her and Antonio had passed, as is Diva's last breath on her singing mission.

Everything works as it should've been for Diva, as is her backstory of her creation and given mission to sing from her heart to make everyone happy. This young boy Osamu picked up the odd details and sharing a great deal of time with Diva from child to adult and family life, these happy times don't last forever, but relive while she still can.

Trying to make a song that's fully A.I. made in the A.I. Archives, the song encapsulateing the ED of the show, and it's such a beautiful tune from cradle to life and death: a Vivy Score of a song all about Diva and the Singularity Project that's in the making for 20 years.

When one of Osamu's aides called him Matsumoto, I genuinely squealed. The A.I. machine that was once a human, IT ALL FINALLY CLICKS NOW. Not surprised that the Singularity Project was considered a failure with all that's presented with a follow-up of Episode 1, THAT WAS SCARY for post-credits.

It's time to fight back against the world fallen in chaos of the human-A.I. conflict.

May 29, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2018
A relaxing wholesomme begin to a horrible end.
Vivy, unable to sing and retired, Matsumoto doing some personal things and visiting her once a year. The future is simply unavoidable. Vivy's song was probably the trigger.
Lil Osamu was Matsumoto afterall. What a plot twist. He just turned himself into a machine. Will he meet his former self? Who knows.
Amazing episode!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 29, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2021
ais mumbling the vivys song could be a hint right

May 29, 2021 11:12 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
The singularity project has come to an end, Vivy has come to accept the deaths she's seen so far, she is able to sing again, we see Matsumoto's true identity! They all lived happily ever after...

...Nope!

We've got what looks like Grace or Ophelia doing a Nunnaly cosplay, meanwhile everyone else is participating in a death battle. Now we head into the end game of Vivy, with the singularity project being a 100 year failure.
May 29, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
seeing the kid grow up and losing his hairline despite the ponytail is quite…home hitting

the AI singing at the end was unsettling and creepy af
dannymilkMay 29, 2021 11:18 AM
May 29, 2021 11:16 AM
Apr 2016
ImmortalZero said:
Matsumoto's true identity...
SideCharacterKal said:

Lil Osamu was Matsumoto afterall. What a plot twist. He just turned himself into a machine.
KANLen09 said:

When one of Osamu's aides called him Matsumoto, I genuinely squealed. The A.I. machine that was once a human, IT ALL FINALLY CLICKS NOW.
roppuri said:

MegamiRem said:
Thou yo his name is Matsumoto? Coincedence? I dun think so. Is he the professor who sent Matsumoto to the past aka Matsumoto himself? Man this was a great plot twist.
assassini981200 said:
So matsumoto is the dude from ep 1 he send hiimself as a machine in the past or in a other timeline

Guys, wait a minute... What the hell are you on about? Matsumoto literally said in the 1st episode that he assumes the name of his developer (Matsumoto). Osamu merely created him (which is not suprising at all, since he looks exactly like the professor from the 1st episode who sent Matsumoto to the past)...

Why do you think it's him? Have I missed something?
JanPriMay 29, 2021 11:22 AM
May 29, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2020
Ahhhh this week is going to be the longest week waiting for the new episode, this episode was pretty chill and kind of relaxing but the last part jolted me awake it was creepy with the AI singing and stuff. As expected the singularity project failed and knowing who wrote this the next episodes should be filled with suffering.
May 29, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
I don't understand timeline of this episode; what is the link between human Osamu and AI Matsumoto? The Singularity Project has failed, because Diva is gone, because Vivy couldn't compose the ultimate AI song?
May 29, 2021 11:22 AM
Nov 2020
JanPri said:
ImmortalZero said:
SideCharacterKal said:

Lil Osamu was Matsumoto afterall. What a plot twist. He just turned himself into a machine.
KANLen09 said:

When one of Osamu's aides called him Matsumoto, I genuinely squealed. The A.I. machine that was once a human, IT ALL FINALLY CLICKS NOW.
roppuri said:

MegamiRem said:
Thou yo his name is Matsumoto? Coincedence? I dun think so. Is he the professor who sent Matsumoto to the past aka Matsumoto himself? Man this was a great plot twist.
assassini981200 said:
So matsumoto is the dude from ep 1 he send hiimself as a machine in the past or in a other timeline

Guys, wait a minute... What the hell are you on about? Matsumoto literally said in the 1st episode that he assumes the name of his developer. Osamu merely created him (which is not suprising at all, since he looks exactly like the professor from the 1st episode who sent Matsumoto to the past)
maybe im brain dead or you but osamu is matsumoto or did i missed something yet matsumoto is maybe osamus alias name as a professor?
May 29, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
JanPri said:
Guys, wait a minute... What the hell are you on about? Matsumoto literally said in the 1st episode that he assumes the name of his developer. Osamu merely created him (which is not suprising at all, since he looks exactly like the professor from the 1st episode who sent Matsumoto to the past)

xD I jumped to a weird conclusion..

The professor we saw in this episode is the same professor we saw in EP1. A.I Matsumoto probably calls himself Matsumoto because it's his professors' name.
My bad.

But doesn't that mean that he'll make a second A.I similar to A.I matsumoto to save the world?
And the ''personal task'' A.I matsumoto talked about is meeting up with the professor?
SideCharacterKalMay 29, 2021 11:29 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 29, 2021 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
assassini981200 said:
JanPri said:

maybe im brain dead or you but osamu is matsumoto or did i missed something yet matsumoto is maybe osamus alias name as a professor?
???

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.
The professor Matsumoto Osamu created an AI cube that he sent to the past. This AI cube assumed his surname (Matsumoto) as was stated by the cube itself in the 1st episode.

So why do you all think the pofessor Matsumoto Osamu = cube Matsumoto???
May 29, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
so that kid and old professor that give them the Singularity Project was the original Matsumoto huh

did that human Matsumoto digitize his mind or mind uploaded his mind to the AI cube makes sense that way

now that the Singularity Project failed big time its time for the final fight huh

lets see how Singing from Vivys Heart will save the future

May 29, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
Could've been so nice, but yeah, no shit that Vivy wasn't successful lalalala

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2021 11:30 AM
Sep 2015
Rahkshilord said:
The singularity project failed? of course it did, it was illlogical from the start. making the AI uprising start by continually suppressing AI freedom and rights? It's such an obvious contradiction that I will be shocked and angered if the show doesn't bring it up in the last few episodes.

It is a contradiction from the human nature. But they are suppressing AIs freedom. Since they are human creations and never experienced freedom, it is not that obvious.
May 29, 2021 11:30 AM

Oct 2017
JanPri said:
ImmortalZero said:
SideCharacterKal said:

KANLen09 said:

roppuri said:

MegamiRem said:
assassini981200 said:

Guys, wait a minute... What the hell are you on about? Matsumoto literally said in the 1st episode that he assumes the name of his developer (Matsumoto). Osamu merely created him (which is not suprising at all, since he looks exactly like the professor from the 1st episode who sent Matsumoto to the past)...

It's a just a mere speculation at this point but with how things were presented in this episode and Matsumoto's behaviour thus far I'm pretty sure it indeed is Dr.Matsumoto who's AI Matsumoto. It's already shown in Ophelia's arc that it's possible to create an AI based on a specific human. Yes I mean Kakitani.
May 29, 2021 11:36 AM
Nov 2020
JanPri said:
assassini981200 said:
???

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.
The professor Matsumoto Osamu created an AI cube that he sent to the past. This AI cube assumed his surname (Matsumoto) as was stated by the cube itself in the 1st episode.

So why do you all think the pofessor Matsumoto Osamu = cube Matsumoto???
Why not matsumoto=osamu was the only guy who come to see in the years in this time what vivy is doing because vivy has a deal with him that he comes with friends and to see vivy and later in years vivy search herself for an answer and later matsumoto says that vivy has still not an answer why she dont sing anymore but with his child she gets an answer in osamus=Matsumoto child time he ask the same question why she dont sing anymore later after years as he named matsumoto he says the same question why she dont have an answer or a reason to sing anymore im very sure osamu is matsumoto
May 29, 2021 11:37 AM
Aug 2019
I'm glad that dumb character Kakitani didn't turn out to be Dr. Matsumoto like some people speculated. Always had a feeling Judgment day would be inevitable and what Vivy's creator said became true, but just that it's not Vivy's doing. Can't blame Vivy nor AI Matsumoto for the failure, but Vivy ended up having a role unknowingly it seems. I still miss Diva and her finger snaps. :(
May 29, 2021 11:38 AM
Aug 2016
Chotto matte-kudasai! How did it take such a violent turn from such a peaceful scene ;_;

Bruh, do whatever you want, but please let Vivy and Matsumoto survive till the end. ONEGAISHIMASU ;_;

5/5
May 29, 2021 11:41 AM
Apr 2016
MegamiRem said:
JanPri said:

...Matsumoto's behaviour thus far I'm pretty sure it indeed is Dr.Matsumoto who's AI Matsumoto
You mean the way he initially couldn't comprehend why did his creator choose to include her in the project? And the way he didn't even want her help at first?

Not to mention they have completely different personalities from what we've seen so far?
May 29, 2021 11:42 AM

May 2018
We already knew that Matsumoto is based on its creator - the guy from the future with the glasses but finally some info how he met Vivy and why he takes her as a personal friend.
May 29, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2011
My theory is that somehow the other AIs got the mission to sing Vivy's song. And they went crazy because of their "only one mission" rule. Vivy's song happened to be the only song ever written by an AI and that's why it resonated so well with all the other AIs.
May 29, 2021 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
JanPri said:
MegamiRem said:
...Matsumoto's behaviour thus far I'm pretty sure it indeed is Dr.Matsumoto who's AI Matsumoto
You mean the way he initially couldn't comprehend why did his creator choose to include her in the project? And the way he didn't even want her help at first?

Not to mention they have completely different personalities from what we've seen so far?
Looks like talking to you right now is pointless lol. You are only bringing up the differences up on purpose and quoting the part which is convenient to you to prove your point and forgetting how caring Matsumoto has been of Vivy and the other stuff he did for her. See you at the end of the anime, maybe Matsumoto indeed is not the doctor but incase he is I'll see how you respond to that. Till then sayonara~
May 29, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
JanPri said:
ImmortalZero said:
SideCharacterKal said:

KANLen09 said:

roppuri said:

MegamiRem said:
assassini981200 said:

Remember just last week, almost everyone was making the connection that Yugo was the professor that sent Matsumoto.
Janethan23May 29, 2021 12:06 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 29, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2011
The episode by itself was good, but once more happened one thing that bother me in many futuristic anime. In 2140 ~ they have a advanced technology(with AIs with conscience, robots,and whatever incredible thing..) but still cant provide safe childbirth, such bullshit.

So...Vivy screwed up? Or I'm wrong,that she composed the Revolution of the Machines song? Is plausible that the song had a code hidden without her realizing.

May 29, 2021 12:02 PM

Sep 2019
Hmm so that kid grew up to be Matsumoto, it was kind of obvious after we saw his grown up look but they still confirmed it. The singularity project failed, it looks like we'll have some good action scenes next week.
May 29, 2021 12:05 PM
Aug 2019
I really like how they did the Matsumoto reveal at the end. It wasn't something super dramatic and it helps to tie the whole story together.
May 29, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
maybe the Singularity Project is meant for Vivy to create her own song all along through her hard experiences thats what the feeling i get from this episode alone

music will save the world
May 29, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2021
great chill episode. Rip the singularity project
May 29, 2021 12:25 PM

Oct 2018
What's wrong with Vivy?
She's the hottest female character in this year and we barely have any image of her, especially naked
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.