Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2021 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
It was entertaining to see how Tatsuya was simply sitting around negotiating or holding the enemy by conversation while still providing small support to his subordinates such as to the case of Takara, Fumiya and Mayumi. Making it more vivid for us to see that the company is functioning as it should be with regards to their respective roles. The downsides to this one is that we'll probably see less action from Tatsuya himself.

I kinda felt pity for Mayumi on the last part, she was victimized for the sake of plot device of routing all the humanity front and getting involved unnecessarily to the connection between Ryouske and Fukami. Could have gone without that event honestly, it's not exactly the same case in volume 1 where it was still justified for them to join the fight for good reasons. Poor plotting I believe.

But anyway, I'm more interested about this whole mastermind behind HF, one of the great elder. His reasoning for backing a criminal organization is still left to imagination. I can only theorized that he might be on the same wavelength with FAIR's leader in a sense that his long term goal is to amass power to take control of Japan by himself..... but that sounds too impractical so I'm probably 100% incorrect. But the fact that the Yotsuba can't still touch him means that he would be a threat as well sooner or later.

Since the next volume seems to suggest a partnership between Magian society and FEHR and Lina being there in the frontline, I'm looking forward to that.
Jun 2, 2021 1:21 PM

Dec 2019
While Tatsuya is not the center piece of this series, it was epic to see a reminder of how powerful he is during the chase of New Horizon's leader. A shame that she escaped far too easily from the grasp of the police later on though.
Here we go again...
Jun 10, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2016
Thanks Reddit guys for Volume 2! It is indeed sad to see less Tatsuya and Co in action, but I guess it makes sense considering how notorious he is. People would freak out worldwide if he directly went into combat situations, I can see people going out of their ways just so they could have peace of mind that he is comfortably having a good time with Miyuki on a trip lol

Poor Mayumi, never would have thought she would become Mahouka's damsel in distress.

Looking forward to the developments between Japan's great elders! Will Toudou Aoba be in trouble? At least now we will know more about the Senate.
Jul 31, 2021 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
Who would've thought that Lina would be into anime lol.

The Industrial Magic Academy seems to be going ahead smoothly. Not surprised that having Yatsushiro Takara as the head of the academy would cause a lot of rumours, in addition to having Mayumi.

Speaking of Mayumi. The author did her dirty. Though her taking down those guys at the end was satisfying.

A new thing a learned about this volume is the relationship between Yotsuba Maya and Mutsuzuka Atsuko. I think I recall from the prequel about them standing up for each other in the Master Clans Conference. I'm going to have to reread it at some point.

We got some action from the Ichijou family and Masaki which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Also, interesting to learn a little bit more about the so called "senate" that Toudou Aoba is a member of. So Toudou Aoba really is a big shot.

Finally, the part where Tatsuya confronted Izayoi Shirabe was pretty great. Is he going to be a possible future antagonist?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Magian Company Volume 1 Discussion

Leo - Nov 23, 2020

10 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
May 7, 2021 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.