Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2021 2:19 PM
Jan 2021

I just watched the anime and liked it. It was conclusive and satisfying but felt rushed. Can somebody sum up what exactly happens in Volume 8? I would be really thankful.
May 25, 2021 5:41 PM
Nov 2020
I haven't read the manga but I watched the anime a few times. I personally think it's not that complicated. Banri just accepted that he is "broken" and needs to accept both past and present. The scene at the bridge is when he gets to meet the rest of the Banris from his past, including Ghost Banri. He is disappearing which I presume because he has no reason to stay anymore or Banri already having the knowledge of his past and accepting it. This is where things get tricky. Linda jumps to ghost and says that she loves him. First of all, HOW THE F@#& DOES LINDA MANAGE TO GET TO THAT GHOST REALM! I streched my mind just thinking on how the ghost thing works but how did she do it. Telepathy? Or is it just because she loves him. I initially thought it was all in his imagination but Ghost Banri just had to give him the ring that fell on the river which, you know, is impossible if it was just his imagination. After Koko and Banri meet, blah blah blah yay mega happy ending. Now, I do actually liked the show and though I have problems with it like Banri's personality, cringe jokes and dialogues, and the whole ghost thing but, especially at the middle, it portrays adult relationships beautifully but this ending is not only rushed but has no logic. Sure, I could also say those things to Your Name and Weathering with You but the difference is in consistency. It just feels very off so much that after the actual confession I was sick of the series. I just kept on rewatching it to check if I was in the wrong because people treat this anime as an S Tier Romance show. (Sorry halfway I turned it to a rant but basically that's what I feel everytime I watched the ending.)
May 26, 2021 12:38 AM
Jan 2021
I didn’t really think it was that complicating. The way I perceived it is that he of course will marry Koko. If Banri didn’t get ran over Linda would probably have to him her feelings about him. But since that didn’t happen, it felt like the ending was portraying a different reality. It seemed like his past self was able to feel completed by leaving his past, or “ghost” behind to find happiness with her in his old memories. To me, the ending didn’t feel rushed at all. Most romance anime seemed rushed, this one did not.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.