Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode could've been really boring but luckily, we got a lot of Romin.

If you ask me, she took the stage this episode with her dueling tactics. I'm actually impressed.
May 23, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
I actually never wanted to post here again but now I just have to.
I am starting to think Kazuki Takahashi should press charges against the producers. This show is an utter disgrace to anything Yu-Gi-Oh ever did. Sure some of the older shows were cringy but they at least had a coherent plot. This show here isn't even able to produce a normal tournament. Nothing makes sense. Everything is filler.
Literally every character is dumb as hell and Luke himself is an insult to every kind of sentient being.
The worst part is that the main character doesn't give any f-s. He is just there because the show had to make one.
Unbelievable.
May 27, 2021 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
Skyguardian said:
I actually never wanted to post here again but now I just have to.
I am starting to think Kazuki Takahashi should press charges against the producers. This show is an utter disgrace to anything Yu-Gi-Oh ever did. Sure some of the older shows were cringy but they at least had a coherent plot. This show here isn't even able to produce a normal tournament. Nothing makes sense. Everything is filler.
Literally every character is dumb as hell and Luke himself is an insult to every kind of sentient being.
The worst part is that the main character doesn't give any f-s. He is just there because the show had to make one.
Unbelievable.

I just had to answer to this. I think it's totally fine if you dislike the show but saying it's an utter disgrace is going too far imo
About the plot, it's mostly about enjoying Rush Duels and stopping the people who want to try to take that enjoyment away. It's not much of a plot but this show is more of a slice of life so I think it's fine for now, although I wish the show would drop the 13-episode arc structure. You also have the mysteries surrounding Otes and the ruins which will definitely come into play later. Also, it's not like shows like GX had that much of a plot this far in.
As for the tournament, I agree that it's kind of disappointing because we barely saw any duels before the finals. However, I completely disagree with you saying nothing makes sense and everything is filler. Most episodes are used for character exploration and world building. You might not care about them but that doesn't make them filler. Furthermore, the writing has been very consistent with little details becoming important later (such as the camera in the AI restaurant being Nail) and side characters being useful.
I don't really get what you mean by every character being dumb but if you're talking about intelligence, it's been shown multiple times that Yuga is very smart and perceptive and Nail is smart as well.
About Luke, I don't have a problem with you hating him because he's mostly a comedic character and comedy is subjective. However, he has made contributions to the show, like being the 1st character to find the ruins or conveying Roa's feelings to Getta and Ushiro in this arc that make him deserve better than to be called "an insult to every kind of sentient being".
I don't mind Yuga not being that active because I think it's a nice change of pace from other YGO protagonists who had to do everything and received all the focus. Also, his personality is being chill and calm, not wanting to be the duel king so it makes sense.
Overall, I get some of the complaints because the show is definitely not perfect and it's a big departure from the other YGO shows but I think you're being too harsh.
Feb 27, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2022
Skyguardian said:
This show here isn't even able to produce a normal tournament.

While I don't agree with all of your comment, I do feel the same as you on this aspect.

I was pumped for a tournament arc since it seemed like old school YGO, but it just hasn't lived up to the hype. I called the finals a couple episodes back (because who couldn't), but it sure seems like the writers are going to have it end in a draw at 777-777 instead of declaring an actual champion.

I was willing to give this show a generous 6/10, but I'm leaning toward a 5/10 at this point. Very generic, non-offensive show that takes no chances.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

2 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.