Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Antonio is relentless. Definitely not someone yo want to mess with since he had sinister intentions from the start.

The episode was rough as more tragedies continue. This show really is harsh to AI. It's a good thing Vivy is strong willed and isn't broken by all the shit she's seen in her life.
May 22, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2011
That final scene between Ophelia and Antonio :(
Guess we got a few answers but more questions regarding how Kakitani did things.
Other question would be now that Diva is gone does that mean her mission to sing is too? Based on the next episode PV looks like she became unable to sing.
May 22, 2021 9:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now that is quite the twist Antonio overriding Ophelia's programming to take her place. Rather than human wave tactics more like Matsumoto used cube wave tactics lol. Matsumoto's fight sure was really something. Its unfortunate that Antonio only saw the need to improve Ophelia's singing but not the underlying emotions that she puts in her singing. While singing is a performance the audience needs to be able to connect to the feelings thats between the lyrics. In the end what happened with Ophelia and Antonia was tragic beyond measure. The words that she exchanged with her other self though sure was heartfelt. Overall an interesting ep that while while action heavy also provided an interesting look into the mindsets of the AI's and the cons that comes from always putting the mission first. Though old Diva might have gone im curious at what will happen next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
wow this episode was absolutely amazing, beautiful in every single way, animation, art, story, characters, and of course soundtrack, definitely the best episode yet - it really blew me away.
May 22, 2021 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
That episode went bonkers in all aspects, especially with the fast paced action and combat in the middle. Definitely an entertaining episode to say the least.
May 22, 2021 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
I wanted the old Vivy back but not this way damn it. #Respect for Diva, we only saw her for a few episodes but she was a great girl.

Antonio's final moment with Ophelia was quite emotional. So he was just jealous and wanted her all to himself. The action scene was really good and Matsumoto was great as usual.
May 22, 2021 9:43 AM

Oct 2018
Really great fight scenes this episode, i’m impressed they’ve kept it consistently incredible as the show has gone on. All this mission talk is starting to get obnoxious, but it is nice how deep they go into the concept. And it looks like Vivy is back, though it seems like some things are not right in the preview, particularly with her not able to sing anymore

May 22, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2019
Holy... this episode was action-packed from the start. First, the fight between Antonio and Matsumoto was great, the visuals, etc.

What Antonio really wanted from Ophelia was to sing for just him and she felt the same way as well. That was quite a sad scene of both of them lying dead there. Vivy on the other hand with Matsumoto had her hands full as well, the singularity project completion. It's sad and a cruel world to live in as an AI.

May 22, 2021 9:58 AM

Feb 2020
Very action-packed and emotional episode. Antonio's last moment with Ophelia was so sad. He wanted Ophelia to sing just for him.

Matsumoto's cube tactics were pretty awesome.

SerafosMar 5, 5:48 AM
May 22, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2013
Maaan Im really confused about this Kakitani guy now. Is he from future? Did. he. became an android or was he like that all along? I feel like I midden sth from previous episodes.
May 22, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2017
Fuck Antonio tbh, such a selfish motive and not caring about Ophelia's own mission (or even her feelings)

oh no, post-trauma Diva is back... hope this is for the best
May 22, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2017
i loved this episode. the fight scene was very entertaining, but I'm sad to see Diva go. can't wait for next week's episode!
May 22, 2021 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
so now all the sisters besides vivy/diva is gone. i wonder what will happen next episode.

also i still don't get the thing with kakitani... is it the real him? how did he became an android. also at the end is he gone now? or is he alive in his real body. i don't get it. someone explain
May 22, 2021 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
This was another emotional ride. From the action to the music, this series is just beautiful.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Insane, thrilling, yet heartfelt and resonant. That was an incredible episode, especially regarding the scene with Diva (upbeat persona) talking to her original Vivy self (the autonomous robotic persona). The action scenes and even the fight choreography were stupendous, even if they ain't on the level of something like KnY or JJK.
With all the other Sisters' arcs now concluded, it's now back to our titular character. Will she be able to regain the ability to live up to her status quo and mission to make everyone happy through singing, or is she spiraling down to an inevitable tragic end?
May 22, 2021 10:18 AM
Jan 2021
Those fight scenes were amazing, this anime is so good😍........I didnt like Diva at first but now as she is gone I am missing her🥺
May 22, 2021 10:22 AM
Mar 2021
holy the animation and music is jus🔥🔥🔥
May 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Jul 2019
Was the villains motivations strange and questionable? Yes they were. Were the dialogue super shonen-esk and kinda corny multiple times? Yes it was. Do i care? No i fucking dont, this episode was literally the hypest i have been all fucking season. Stellar direction, amazing animation, beautiful music and great emotional moments. Almost a perfect episode for me.
May 22, 2021 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Even if I can understand some of his reasoning. That's still pretty fucked up. Not only was he selfish, but he gave her no choice in the matter. Just took over her, instead of talking to her about it. Then again, she'd prob say that she could do it. But it wasn't the same. Which you can see how events of the timeline played out.
May 22, 2021 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
That final scene between Ophelia and Antonio was kinda heartbreaking but he didn't try to understand Ophelia's feelings and ended up like that. Our other man wanted an answer on why his teacher acted like that.
Last moments between Vivy and Diva broke me for real, Diva left everything behind for her. But now she isn't able to sing anymore. (hopefully not)
Good action scenes!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 22, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Damn! Wit Studio flexing their animation, but still not convinced about the story tho.
May 22, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
Hands down the best episode of Vivy so far
May 22, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
I swear every episode of Vivy is taking us on higher pedestals unmatched.

It's almost unthinkable that Antonio would fuse with Ophelia to carry out his mission, that's 50-50 the case with Diva/Vivy and Matsumoto. Nonetheless, the amount of intervention that Matsumoto inched every piece out of Antonio, all the gears have finally clicked: the Singularity Project IS NOW IN SESSION.

The resonance with the Toak guy Kakitani and Vivy, the backstory of the piano-plaing A.I. only proves part of his sinister plan to rid A.Is, even through time parallels and the like. Pretty screwed and askewed thinking, but Diva-turned-Vivy and Matsumoto won't back down from a deserved high-octane feeling of a fight.

The priorities gone wrong for both Kakitani and Antonio, even if sympathies are given, there's no rewinding time in this 100-year project, and the missions stay constant for as long as they're allowed to live their remaining life spans.

As much as Vivy displays her final performance as Diva, the real mission left is to prevvent the human-A.I. tragedy from happening. Love the parallels of the classroom scene between Vivy and Diva with the music, what a way to end the episode on a high note.

Time to finish this mission as Vivy! Another perfect episode for the weeks running.
May 22, 2021 11:12 AM

Jun 2019
I think this episode all but locked up Vivy as AOTS.

The fights looked great, the emotional moments hit, the characters’ motivations were compelling (although slightly confusing). This anime has surpassed all of my expectations.

It is just a bit unfortunate that it came out in such a loaded season because it should be considerably more popular than it currently is.
Blue_MaroonMay 22, 2021 11:46 AM
May 22, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
this episode just went waaay too far. the action scenes, the death of antonio and lastly.. the departure of Diva.. i wanted my Vivy back.. but not this way.. this whole arc is basically a reminder for Vivy for what her main purpose was..
May 22, 2021 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
Co,mpared to the other episodes ... this one was pretty weak plot-wise. I'd say 2/4 (most others were 4 or so).

Not really interesting stuff - the author just made Divy lose memories of Vivy so he could fit in another arc that does not really seem to contribute a lot. (At least nothing major interesting.) Maybe to fill a few more episode.

Hopefully next episode will be better again.
May 22, 2021 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Luthandorius said:
Co,mpared to the other episodes ... this one was pretty weak plot-wise. I'd say 2/4 (most others were 4 or so).

Not really interesting stuff - the author just made Divy lose memories of Vivy so he could fit in another arc that does not really seem to contribute a lot. (At least nothing major interesting.) Maybe to fill a few more episode.

I’d say that this episode along with 4 and 6 are some of the best so far. I think it’s one of the stronger ones plot wise and the weaker ones were 7-8
May 22, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
so Antonio is the defective AI then he just want Ophelia to sing only for him eh

and that Toak guy died without answering any questions

the sakuga battle is awesome though

the cheerful alter ego Diva is gone and now Vivy the original ego is back but she cannot sing anymore?
May 22, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2021
another top tier episode, thank you Wit
May 22, 2021 11:29 AM
Aug 2018
Was really hoping that Ophelia would somehow survive, but it seems like every time a mission has to be carried out only death follows.

Amazing episode though.
May 22, 2021 11:37 AM
Aug 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
I think this episode all but locked up Vivy has AOTS.

Unfortunately To your Eternity exists which is clear of everything else this season
May 22, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2020
Damn this episode, from animation wise, story wise, character wise etc etc were definitely top notch.

So it's really confirmed that matsumoto is plotting something pretty fucking big huh even the pv showed that very clearly.

Definitely looking forward for the next ep. Now that we're done with the sister's arc, i wonder how the story will progress and conclude.

Another 5/5 episode as usual.
May 22, 2021 11:40 AM

May 2018
Good-bye Diva, hello again Vivy. I liked Vivy better anyway.

Not sure how the terrorist dude wanted to achieve his goals since Vivy wouldn't listen to him in the same way and would kick his ass in the same way as Diva.
May 22, 2021 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
Luthandorius said:

The plot of the arc itself was the weakest I think but the character interactions are my favourites. Diva was a great character and Matsumoto had really cool development
May 22, 2021 11:44 AM

May 2020
I saw amazing sakuga. I cried. 10/10
May 22, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2019
ElPsyKongroo69 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Unfortunately To your Eternity exists which is clear of everything else this season

I have To Your Eternity in the tier below Vivy with 86, Tokyo Revengers, Odd Taxi, and Shadows House. Vivy has shown more than To Your Eternity has so far, which makes sense because one is a 13 episode series and the other has 13+ volumes of material.
May 22, 2021 11:48 AM

Sep 2020
ElPsyKongroo69 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Only the first episode of to your eternity was top tier other then that it is nothing special , people seem to overhype it because it's done by same author who did 'the silent voice'
May 22, 2021 11:49 AM
Aug 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
ElPsyKongroo69 said:

I have To Your Eternity in the tier below Vivy with 86, Tokyo Revengers, Odd Taxi, and Shadows House. Vivy has shown more than To Your Eternity has so far, which makes sense because one is a 13 episode series and the other has 13+ volumes of material.

Vivy backtracks too much on the way it wants to depict AI. Its very inconsistent. For me the only thing Vivy has over every other anime this season is its absolutely beautiful art and animation. The rest of the show is just above average.
May 22, 2021 11:51 AM
Aug 2019
This is the kind of episode that makes me want to know the people involved. More shading on the character art, the detailed mechanical work on his arm, the storyboards that made action flow so well (as well as some very detailed closeups in some shots), the fight choreography and camera movement... Vivy might not be the anime of the season but it is totally winning "Coolest Bullet Dodge" by a wide margin lol. Damn, didn't think I will like Diva this much sad to see her go :-(. 3 episodes left, wonder how it is going to wrap it up.
May 22, 2021 11:52 AM
Aug 2020
Zean_9435 said:
ElPsyKongroo69 said:

Only the first episode of to your eternity was top tier other then that it is nothing special , people seem to overhype it because it's done by same author who did 'the silent voice'

Never watched/read A Silent Voice so no bias from me. To Your Eternity does a really good job getting you attached to characters quickly. It shows us the evolution of Fushi becoming more human. It's one of those anime where the journey is more important than the destination so I guess it could be a slow burner for some.
May 22, 2021 11:58 AM

Jun 2019
ElPsyKongroo69 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Vivy backtracks too much on the way it wants to depict AI. Its very inconsistent. For me the only thing Vivy has over every other anime this season is its absolutely beautiful art and animation. The rest of the show is just above average.

Yeah the narrative can be a bit inconsistent, but I never found it to be deal-breaking or taking too much away from the experience. Also, you are disregarding how great the music, animation, and character writing are. I think you are being too critical if you call them average.
May 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
meet the Ace Key Animator for the awesome sakuga fights Masahiro Tokumaru https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=masahiro_tokumaru+vivy_-_fluorite_eye%27_s_song

first time i heard of him but he is awesome
May 22, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2018
jujube_kun said:
Maaan Im really confused about this Kakitani guy now. Is he from future? Did. he. became an android or was he like that all along? I feel like I midden sth from previous episodes.
he’s the dude I’m pretty sure we saw in the very beginning trying to press that buttons before dying to the AI’s in the future
May 22, 2021 12:07 PM
Oct 2018
The fight scene, ophelia and Antonio death than, diva performance and disappearance. This episode was phenomenal. I feel bad for people who are not watching this anime. Easily aots.
May 22, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Luthandorius said:

How did the 2nd or 3rd arc contribute more than this one?? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Also calling this basically a filler arc when it's purpose was to skip 40 years of filler arcs is just dumb.
May 22, 2021 12:43 PM

Sep 2019
ufotable, who?

Jokes aside, seeing this quality of direction and animation, one really can see just how much AOT production fucked up by losing Wit Studio.
May 22, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2019
Except for two fights that are worth all the awards, I didn't get any depth in the dual antagonists motivations. What did this change? Ophelia might not have committed suicide, but she terminated!
Not to mention an entire floor of a building went up in flames and there's no alert on the audience whose life might be in danger. Let's just guess the two complexes are far apart. Also sasuga levels of security for a futuristic world!
Again the same question, why would an AI like Antonio develop emotions like rage and possesiveness? What goes into their programming? And I thought the sister series are the special "emotional" ones... Who warned Toak humandroid 40 years prior? Is the process behind Judgement Day already on the move in the background, under someone's clandestine planning?

This episode raised too many questions, and I hope it's intentional.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 22, 2021 12:48 PM
Jun 2009
Holy heck, those were some awesome action scenes. Great music, too. Always stepping up its game. Glad Vivy is coming back, but I'll miss Diva, I liked her energy.
May 22, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2020
Holy shit that fucking fight scene!!!
This show is so goddamn good

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 22, 2021 12:55 PM
Jan 2020
I was kinda suspecting after seeing the opening song multiple times that there were all the sisters who are dead and Ophelia was in there too shown
And boy did that happen
Basically the op showed all the dead sisters :(
Loved the episode tho <3
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.