Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
May 21, 2021 3:31 PM

Apr 2017
I wanted to check Akame but i've noticed that manga ended later than the anime. Does the anime has original ending? Is it good? At what manga chapter does the manga take other course than anime if it does so i can know where to start reading after finishing anime? Is the prequel manga any good? Should it be read before watching / reading Akame?

I know that's a lot of questions but i'd like to know how things work before i start watching / reading. For all the replies - thanks in advance.

May 21, 2021 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
Well if you ask me the ending is arguably better in the manga as in the general development if you watch the anime you will notice the original ending felt a tad rushed. Anime takes a different route since episode 19 which roughly equates to manga chapter 36 but they skipped stuff so you can try and read and assume whatever you don't get was some of those gaps. Can't speak about Zero since i felt satisfied enough with the background the main series gave to Akame so i guess it's value depends on how much you dig into her background.
May 21, 2021 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
The anime actually differs from the manga for quite a while. I don't remember exactly per se, but I believe close to the
fight is when the manga and anime diverge. Hell the manga has an entire character arc for Run that is not in the anime.

As for endings, I do think from a narrative perspective the anime ending is better, but the manga ending is definitely a feelsgoodman type of ending. Also kinda..........weird because of the conclusion of the main ship

But the manga and anime are actually quite different in a lot of ways. Some characters die in the anime that don't die in the manga like
and some characters die in the manga that don't die in the anime like

the prequel Zero justs focuses on Akame and Kurumi's past together, but you don't need to read it to understand AgK. maybe it could make some parts more emotional but to each their own

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.