Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2021 11:34 PM
May 2019
vanetz said:
In this episode:

"Your bikes are pretty cool, my granddad has one, maybe I'll ask him to let me have it"
"NO YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BUY A BRAND NEW HONDA® CUB™ AT YOUR LOCAL DEALER"

j/k but for real tho

Kimurah said:
How convenient.

Well Reiko is a Cub fanatic so I am not surprised she has some outlandish special parts/accessories.

Kimurah said:
Koguma's rant at the end made me cringe hard.

I'm pretty sure she was either joking or being sarcastic but she's so deadpan it doesn't translate well.
to be fair this anime is technically an Ad for Honda even though the original novel wasn't
May 20, 2021 11:39 PM
May 2019
Fail_Man_X said:
Death_spork said:
Hot take: I'm not fan of current Koguma as for now. Someone or something need to teach her a lesson.

I wouldn't say she needs to be taken down a peg, but I don't care for the influence Reiko is having on her.
I'm honestly curious if this show will have her get into a bike accident or something. Considering how light hearted this show is I doubt that will happen but it would be interesting to see this show do something like that.
May 21, 2021 12:34 AM
Mar 2018
Tell me why the list of episodes on the page (https://myanimelist.net/anime/40685/Super_Cub/episode) is not updated. There are only 4 of them, but 7th have already been released. Thx
May 21, 2021 5:34 AM

Sep 2017
Looks like they have become the cub riding chads of the classroom saving the day.
May 21, 2021 5:44 AM
Oct 2018
I wish Koguma and Reiko would talk about stuff other than just their Cubs. Like it’s the only thing they have in common and they seem to now be besties.

At least they were not acting like delinquents this ep. lol. Although Koguma made some weird comments at the end. She’s definitely changed quite a bit since ep 1.

New girl is ok, hope she gets her own Cub soon, should liven things up.

May 21, 2021 7:21 AM

Jun 2019
Death_spork said:
Hot take: I'm not fan of current Koguma as for now. Someone or something need to teach her a lesson.

Based on what - something she did or said in this episode?

syncrogazer said:
Weakest episode by far. With an outsider around, our Cub duo's oddness is quite obvious. What a strange exchange at the end, unnecessarily smug and condescending.

Odd because they have a passionate hobby or aren't much into socializing apart from that?

SparkleDuck said:
This show might honestly be the biggest waste of my time out of all the currently airing stuff. Oh well.

Because its pacing is slow in a way you consider detrimental to the whole or there is something else you find lacking or otherwise objectionable?
WatchTillTandavaMay 21, 2021 7:41 AM
May 21, 2021 7:31 AM

Apr 2011
Chill, school festival, and Shii makes her proper appearance.

She's so cute.
May 21, 2021 7:37 AM

Mar 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
Odd because they have a passionate hobby or aren't much into socializing apart from that?

Whether someone wants to socialize or not, that's not how you talk to people. Even my screwed up self understands that.
May 21, 2021 7:48 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwww Shii Is a little cutie pie. Honey do you also wanna be a little biker lesbian! I say YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Koguma was telling her future wife what she can't do or look at in the store. She is the dominant one in their relationship❤❤❤

Again Koguma was at her girlfriend's place, She sure seems to spend a lot of time there❤❤ Next time I hope she invites Shii, and all three of them can do some lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

May 21, 2021 7:52 AM

Jun 2019
syncrogazer said:
Whether someone wants to socialize or not, that's not how you talk to people. Even my screwed up self understands that.

Which conversation and scene are you referring to? Or are you just talking about it in the context of the episode as a whole? Reiko is clearly a Cub otaku who isn't interested in dealing with others outside of her hobby (even her friendship with Koguma is predicated on this basis of a shared special obsession and niche - niche for their school and age group anyway - alternative lifestyle, and on that basis alone). She didn't even change her personality one iota or show Koguma any false pleasantries when wanting to engage her about the bike issue in the earlier episodes.

And for Koguma, it's a newfound identity and like a super limited in-club for a girl who has probably never felt like a part of anything in her life. Even her school, non-existent friend circle, and family. She's also obviously an introvert and maybe a Schizoid/SPD or on the spectrum to boot.
May 21, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2021

Which reminds me: I want that coat.
May 21, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2018
WatchTillTandava said:

Based on what - something she did or said in this episode?

One of examples is how she laughs when Shii offered cup of coffee, that's not polite. And also the way she gave advice to Shii regarding about learning riding is very cold, though it's more of the sentences she used, the advice is good.
May 22, 2021 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
I fell in love Shii quickly. Because she is so cute! I wanna hug her :D
Very peaceful episode with festival elements. The writing is so good.
May 22, 2021 9:02 AM

Nov 2013
koguma's getting bold and she even proposed herself that they would take care of the stuff for the festival, very wholesome
May 22, 2021 11:49 AM
Sep 2019
I actually love this anime, they even used Erik Satie's 1st Gymnopedie, Satie is one of my favorite artists.
May 22, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2019
I'm loving the development around Koguma and Reiko.

MC being influenced by Reiko is interesting because she sounds different from the usual characters, who are always trying to be helpful and super kind because you know, protagonist has to be a "model to the ones watching". I feel she is more realistic this way, even though it means lots of people will actually dislike her.

And I don't think they were laughing at Shii when she offered coffee, but to the fact that Reiko was just talking about coffee a moment ago. Laughing at the coincidence. Wouldn't say that is disrespectful. But it changes from person to person.
May 23, 2021 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
I was expcting to see the old mechanic because the death cub didn't start right away.
Finally, we meet the 3rd girl, Shi-chan.
May 24, 2021 8:38 PM
Nov 2020
Kimurah said:

Koguma's rant at the end made me cringe hard. Bikes aren't sentient beings, it depends on how they were built, their parts conditions and the skill of the rider. Not some BS about a cub not wanting to be ridden.

Yeah, I felt Koguma was being kinda smug towards Shii when she said that. Also that comment she made to the teacher about buying a new cub instead. And what about earlier when they heard the announcement for help with the cultural festival (and Koguma pretty much says that the Reiko's gloves are a priority).

Damn, this episode really changed my opinion about Koguma lol. She seems really cold, self-centered, and distant from others (even from Reiko sometimes!)
kuwangpaMay 24, 2021 8:43 PM
May 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Jun 2019
kuwangpa said:
And what about earlier when they heard the announcement for help with the cultural festival (and Koguma pretty much says that the Reiko's gloves are a priority).

This was firstly a testament of dedication to her passionate shared interest with Reiko and, secondarily, a modest display of affection for Reiko as an extension of that. It highlights an inward focus of her worldview, personality, and disposition and interestingly, shows that Reiko is the same way despite the two not being identical or carbon copies of each other in style or demeanor at all really. It contrasts the pair nicely with the rest of the class in which they are as an island.

Remember, Reiko, despite never being portrayed as particularly shy, never once displayed any outward interest in friendships or other relationships apart from her Cub focus and only initially approached Koguma on that basis alone. That the two can block out the other noise and fuss around them and share this is like a building block for their relationship. It gives it warmth and character. If they treated everyone equally and Cubs as just another humdrum topic on par with the rest of the class' goings-ons then nothing would distinguish them and they'd have no reason to find such solace in one another.
May 26, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2007
this time they use the cubs to deliver coffee equipment. So the Hunter cub could pull that kind of weight..

third girl appears. :)
May 26, 2021 8:49 AM
Dec 2019
The part where the teacher from the other school said "I wouldn't mind that kind of trouble" made me pause and think for a bit about what they meant. Koguma's reaction was exactly how I reacted at first. But after getting the joke, my reaction was exactly like Reiko's reaction. Let me explain what they meant.

It's actually quite simple. Reiko mentioned that using a used/secondhand cub would only invite trouble. And what kind of trouble is that? Yes, an accident. Now, the teacher said she wouldn't mind that kind of trouble; meaning, she wouldn't mind accidents. And the accident the teacher was referring to wasn't the kind you get from riding an old cub, it's the kind that you get from being involved with someone else.
yo
May 26, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Shii chan finally appears and she's so tiny and adorable. I'm glad Koguma and Reiko could also help in the cultural festival in their own way.
May 27, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2019
Cultural Festival. Yay.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 3, 2021 12:33 PM
Aug 2016
Kimurah said:
So, they just coincidentally happen to own a whole cart and some ridiculous contraption that allows to transport fragile loads, along with all the hardware needed to correctly mount them on their bikes? How convenient.

Koguma's rant at the end made me cringe hard. Bikes aren't sentient beings, it depends on how they were built, their parts conditions and the skill of the rider. Not some BS about a cub not wanting to be ridden.

Bruh. I see you literally ranting in every episode discussion. Just stop if you find it so unrealistic that it makes you want to nitpick it so much lol. Just saying.
Jun 18, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2017
Koguma has changed a lot since getting her Cub.

She's still quiet and soft spoken, but she also is a crouching tiger, hidden bad ass
Jun 25, 2021 7:23 PM
Apr 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Plus, the color palette isn't attractive.

I can tell that you care almost nothing about the little "trick" they keep trying to pull with the changing color palette.
Jun 25, 2021 11:43 PM

Sep 2018
Romax24245 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Plus, the color palette isn't attractive.

I can tell that you care almost nothing about the little "trick" they keep trying to pull with the changing color palette.
What, you mean how it gets brighter the more she opens up? Wow, really cool and original lol. It was a shit show, get over it. Read my review for more
Jun 26, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2018
Koguma proving that the Cubs can do it.
Shii is very cute
Jun 26, 2021 3:12 AM
Apr 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Romax24245 said:

What, you mean how it gets brighter the more she opens up? Wow, really cool and original lol. It was a shit show, get over it. Read my review for more

I wasn’t even criticizing you for not caring. If it came off that way, I apologize. I was just making an observation based on how very little you acknowledged it (which included reading your review beforehand). Like it or loathe it, the use of this "trick" was probably one of the main reasons for why the palette looks the way it looks.

Romax24245Sep 30, 2021 4:09 PM
Aug 8, 2021 7:04 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Lol, RIP to characters introduced with some derpy art as their first impressions. It's not too bad, but dang every time I see Shii it's like her eyes are like... o______o Eyes super far apart.
I guess I also just kinda don't like her design. Too similar to Koguma's, but okay.

But anyway, enjoyed the episode.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 16, 2021 5:00 AM

Jul 2015
Koguma has grown a lot from having nothing to do with her classmates to her going out of her way to help them with getting stuff for the school festival.

Sep 30, 2021 4:21 PM
Apr 2020
One more thing,

GakutoDeathGlare said:
I stand with my opinion that it was a shit show, and nothing's going to change that. Get over it.

There, now it no longer looks like you're trying to shove your opinion down my throat as if I had to agree with it, which I doubt was your intention anyway.
Romax24245Sep 30, 2021 6:43 PM
Sep 30, 2021 8:16 PM

Sep 2018
Romax24245 said:
One more thing,

GakutoDeathGlare said:
I stand with my opinion that it was a shit show, and nothing's going to change that. Get over it.

There, now it no longer looks like you're trying to shove your opinion down my throat as if I had to agree with it, which I doubt was your intention anyway.
lol at this random post three months later to a short exchange we had prior. You gonna reply to this in six months now? Super Cub still shit.
Oct 1, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Romax24245 said:
One more thing,

lol at this random post three months later to a short exchange we had prior. You gonna reply to this in six months now? Super Cub still shit.

Whatever. [LATE EDIT] I’m just saying, you can't make this kind of retort insulting other people's opinions like that and expect anyone to take you seriously. That is a huge no-no on my book when it comes to these types of discussions. [END OF LATE EDIT]

Just wanted to get that off my chest. That’s all (I edited the other post three months ago to address the same thing, but I wanted to make sure you actually took notice).
Romax24245Apr 26, 3:41 PM
Dec 5, 2021 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
And even Gymnopedies now?.. This anime has some really great music pieces I enjoy a lot.. All the feels..
Oh them working together on upgrading for delivery is quite sweet.. They look so mature and professional..
Interested in new girl.. Thought she'd be more like Reiko and another experienced enthusiast.. But Shii is actually closer to Koguma, it feels.. Well, will see more about her..
Oct 18, 2022 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
it didn't really show in the earlier parts of the show bc she didn't really have anyone to talk to but this episode made me realise how funny koguma is. like literally the only reason she decided to help out with the festival is out of spite bc some people said that the job would be impossible with bikes 😭 come on that's great.

Dec 7, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2022
CGDCT. Capable Girls Doing Cool Things.

This episode begins with the debut of Reiko's new Hunter Cub CT110. Quite an upgrade over her old surplus postie MD90. (MD was short for Mail Delivery.) Reiko has already made a number of modifications to it, adding parts with her trademark blue color. The new Cub even has a digital combination odometer/speedometer/tachometer with a lighted LCD, definitely something Reiko added. And she announces she has already put 1000 km on the new bike! Reiko is fast becoming a motorcyclist's dream girl.

The highlight of the episode is the introduction of Shii. As she departs after a thank you gift of esspressos to Reiko and Koguma, Koguma says, "How sweet." I wasn't sure if she was referring to the coffees or to Shii.  Shii was very complimentary of the Cubs. 
I wonder if our petite barista is going to end up on a Super Cub as well. Seems like the Cub 50 or Cross Cub is made for small folks like her.
OG_OtakuJan 17, 2023 4:16 PM
May 3, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2022
Thats one great character development, Koguma is kinda assertive now, she also kinda took charge of Reiko that adopted her hahaha.
Jun 19, 2023 11:37 PM

Nov 2009
In this episode: Young ladies continue their quest to break every possible traffic law in Japan. Also, third girl finally makes an official appearance (she was actually visible before), and turns out to be possible the tiniest human being known to humanity (and the only one with visible upper teeth while talking).

In other news: Koguma gets high on sugar and speaks like a hardened cowboy who tamed 100+ wild horses.
Dec 7, 2023 10:45 PM

May 2019
Awwh yeah, Koguma and Reiko saving the festival for the class!
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

Mar 2024
Still, i really like how relaxing and peaceful this anime is, despite how cheap and simple it is.

I know that feeling of traveling on two wheels and that amazing feeling when you sit in the saddle and realize that you can go anywhere you want, this amazing feeling of freedom.

It reminds me of the times of my childhood, although i had never ridden a motorcycle in my life, but i had a bicycle and i traveled around the entire district on it. Those were glorious days.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

170 by Ethan348 »»
Apr 27, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2021

103 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 27, 4:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.