Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2021 2:03 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously after watching the first episode of reboot for nostalgic reason, I find that it is a complete trainwreck / snoozefest and terrible character building with all over the place pacing, terribile animation, unlikable/ unrelatable mc.

It has nothing that makes a sport anime good.

Then I just open the old Battle Athletes Victory ep1 and rewatch again.
Holy moly, this is good. My fond memory of the original serie is not only nostalgic.
The OP instantly click, and the initial match alone built great tension and characterization.

All this terrible reboot does is make me want to rewatch the whole original serie again.
Seriously, just go watch the original serie if you missed it.
Drop this hot garbage reboot.
Ventus_SMay 16, 2021 4:34 AM
May 16, 2021 7:25 AM
Aug 2016
Ventus_S said:
Seriously after watching the first episode of reboot for nostalgic reason, I find that it is a complete trainwreck / snoozefest and terrible character building with all over the place pacing, terribile animation, unlikable/ unrelatable mc.

It has nothing that makes a sport anime good.

Then I just open the old Battle Athletes Victory ep1 and rewatch again.
Holy moly, this is good. My fond memory of the original serie is not only nostalgic.
The OP instantly click, and the initial match alone built great tension and characterization.

All this terrible reboot does is make me want to rewatch the whole original serie again.
Seriously, just go watch the original serie if you missed it.
Drop this hot garbage reboot.

I agree with everything you said! I own the series on vhs and it’s worlds better!
May 22, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
@Ventus_S at first I thought you put in a good word of connect....

BUT YOUR ARGUMENT IS 100x BETTER.
May 23, 2021 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
I dun think this show was supposed to be taken seriously. The entire theme of the show is pretty silly but I find this more fun to watch than a lot of the other cringefest and borefest this season.
May 24, 2021 3:08 AM

Oct 2007
not interested to watch the original.
I prefer this new story.

May 25, 2021 7:13 AM
Nov 2016
Liddo-kun said:
I prefer this new story.

I disagree with your quote about new Battle Athletes Re:Start anime. I think the new/reboot story is much poorly written, hot mess and completely horrible/over the place pacing which destroyed the characters development with ugly animation, annoying/crappy sounds and fully of disgrace/awfully/unrelatable main characters If I've watch new/reboot Battle Athletes anime looks like The Promised Neverland Season 2. This reboot anime can be get worse and boring which rated low score sports genre so much.

Don't watch this awfully and disgrace reboot anime! I think the old anime (Battle Athletes Victory) is okay-ish and bit enjoyable anime which better than this awfully reboot anime. Completely opposite to this, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter X Hunter (2011) are best and most favorite reboot anime so much! I feel so sorry for your quote... This series is hot garbage and one of the worst anime lol.

I will drop this reboot series if I've watch.
May 25, 2021 7:35 AM

Oct 2007
Bore55 said:
Liddo-kun said:
I prefer this new story.

I disagree with your quote about new Battle Athletes Re:Start anime. I think the new/reboot story is much poorly written, hot mess and completely horrible/over the place pacing which destroyed the characters development with ugly animation, annoying/crappy sounds and fully of disgrace/awfully/unrelatable main characters If I've watch new/reboot Battle Athletes anime looks like The Promised Neverland Season 2. This reboot anime can be get worse and boring which rated low score sports genre so much.

Don't watch this awfully and disgrace reboot anime! I think the old anime (Battle Athletes Victory) is okay-ish and bit enjoyable anime which better than this awfully reboot anime. Completely opposite to this, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter X Hunter (2011) are best and most favorite reboot anime so much! I feel so sorry for your quote... This series is hot garbage and one of the worst anime lol.

I will drop this reboot series if I've watch.

huh? all I said is I'm not interested to watch the original. then you write an essay. lol

and I won't bother reading the rest of your post as it seemed intentionally written with broken english.

May 26, 2021 7:11 AM
Oct 2018
I won't bother reading the rest of your post as it seemed intentionally written with broken english.

well, you bothered it enough to reply and quote that essay
May 31, 2021 2:32 AM

May 2012
I watched two episode of the original TV in the past, I did not like it

New one is better in my opinion

Maybe I give another try in the future when I have time.
Jul 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
Yep, the old one surely suffers from the time passed: the drawing techniques and resources were different, so there is surely an obvious and visible difference which is in favour of the reboot. I can understand that people who are young (not familiar with old graphics) and of the B type (watch for the graphics, not for the plot) prefer the reboot.

But that is all there is in favour of the reboot.

For people who think that the reboot is "meh", you have to try the original one. If you can pass through the barrier of the old graphics, then you can profit from a better show overall. Be aware that it was good quality at the time it was released (not astonishing, but a high average), so you might find it old at first but after few episodes you will probably not think about it any more, since it has way more to offer than graphics.
May 14, 3:42 PM
Nov 2022
I'm not a fan of sports anime, but I like space anime, and I've heard this series is the most lore-heavy entry in the Battle Athletes franchise -- yet it's also the most disliked. Is this mostly because it's different from the original TV anime? At the same time, I also don't like fanservice shows or newer shows, so I'm wondering if this show would be worth watching for someone who doesn't like sports anime, fanservice, or modern anime, but likes weird out-there space/sci-fi concepts and lore -- even if they're all donutsteels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

17 by Magito »»
Jul 9, 2022 7:46 AM

» Does this show have any fanservice?

Kobac99 - Apr 18, 2021

6 by sonictoryuiai »»
Jul 6, 2022 10:39 PM

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

6 by Magito »»
Jul 5, 2022 7:27 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

6 by Magito »»
Jul 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

5 by Magito »»
Jun 28, 2022 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.