Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2021 9:35 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
It is disappointing to see that Rengoku doesn't have a separate thread tributed to him on this movie's page. So I took it on myself to make one!

My boy burned brighter than the fucking Sun on that day. Even when nothing else was left but pure white ashes, he was able to set ablaze all our hearts on fire. Thank you, Rengoku for your unshakable belief in your values and ideals that will keep my spirit burning even years down the line. Thank you, Rengoku for such an unforgettable experience!

"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 3, 2021 11:25 PM
Feb 2021
Oh yes, absolutely yes dude, and ufotable added to the shining of Rengoku, but i wished if the author had kept him alive :,(
May 3, 2021 11:43 PM
Dec 2020
I really hope that they will animate the rengoku gaiden so that we can see rengoku fight once more.
May 3, 2021 11:55 PM

Nov 2020
Xenon162 said:
Oh yes, absolutely yes dude, and ufotable added to the shining of Rengoku, but i wished if the author had kept him alive :,(
no for me his death makes him more op character

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
May 4, 2021 12:09 AM
Jan 2021
"Go ahead and live with your head held high. No matter how devastated you may be by your own weakness or uselessness, set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead. Even if you stop and crouch down, time won't wait for you or snuggle you and grieve along with you. Don't feel bad that I'm going to die here. As a Hashira, of course I would shield my juniors."

Thank you big bro Rengoku-san.
Thanks for setting my heart ablaze🔥

#Rengoku
#Setyourheartablaze
May 4, 2021 12:24 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Xenon162 said:
Killing off Rengoku was a much better choice, speaking in terms of emotional impact.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 4, 2021 12:44 AM
Feb 2021
Delicious!
Delicious!
Delicious!
May 4, 2021 12:51 AM
Jan 2021
Thank you rengoku-san for everything you've done we will never forget your secrifice😭😭😭😭😭😭
May 4, 2021 2:01 AM
Jul 2020
Set your heart ablaze
Go beyond your limits
I'm the flame hashira
Rengoku kyojuro...

I will never forget Rengoku
May 4, 2021 5:16 AM

Sep 2020
What a chad rengoku, the only legendary hashira we see to died in front of our eyes, he did well, when he was about to do his final strike,and die from fatal blow from akaza,he also broke and stabbed my heart, F.
May 4, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2021
Rengoku will live on in our hearts
May 4, 2021 9:45 AM
Feb 2021
I mean he had very little screen time in the movie so I’m genuinely confused as to why so many people were so sad about him dying. I don’t know if it was just me but as soon as that 3 rd demon dude entered the movie I knew rengoku was going to die. Was it just me that saw his death coming during that point of the movie.
May 4, 2021 9:46 AM

Dec 2020
that smile . FUUUUUCK im gonna miss him so much. can't believe i actually became this attached to him. good lad, still in denial that he's gone
May 4, 2021 10:19 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Wusha_27 said:
I mean he had very little screen time in the movie so I’m genuinely confused as to why so many people were so sad about him dying. I don’t know if it was just me but as soon as that 3 rd demon dude entered the movie I knew rengoku was going to die. Was it just me that saw his death coming during that point of the movie.
Most of us knew that he was going to die, no shit. His unshakeable spirit that he developed through just that one particular interaction that he had with his mother that really speaks bounds about his personality. These subtleties in his character made me like him so much just in the span of 1 hour that it completely broke me when he died, even though I knew he was going to die. Not to mention how impactful his interaction with his father and his brother was.

Looking at your favorites, you should know how impactful Erwin's death was. This death of Rengoku was very similar.
May 4, 2021 10:20 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
lizzziziz said:
that smile . FUUUUUCK im gonna miss him so much. can't believe i actually became this attached to him. good lad, still in denial that he's gone
True, beyond my teen years, it has been difficult to like shonen characters but Rengoku is easily one of the most impactful character I have witnessed, even beyond shonen.
May 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2020
Yes. For the little screen time he had, he's really made an impact on both the series and the viewers and it's amazing

May 4, 2021 10:43 AM
May 2021
Thank you rengoku! We actually saw his ideas and beliefs through his sword.
May 4, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2018
Wusha_27 said:
Well, sometimes when a character are written well enough, they dont need that much of screen time to make people care and emotionally attached to them.
May 4, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
I g
cchigu said:
Wusha_27 said:
Most of us knew that he was going to die, no shit. His unshakeable spirit that he developed through just that one particular interaction that he had with his mother that really speaks bounds about his personality. These subtleties in his character made me like him so much just in the span of 1 hour that it completely broke me when he died, even though I knew he was going to die. Not to mention how impactful his interaction with his father and his brother was.

Looking at your favorites, you should know how impactful Erwin's death was. This death of Rengoku was very similar.
I guess now I have a better understanding of why it impacted people so much from reading this thread but it just personal didn't effect me much
May 5, 2021 5:37 AM
Dec 2020
Rengoku is a 🐐 fr
May 5, 2021 8:35 AM
Feb 2021
Xenon162 said:

semi spoiler: i feel like his death was a good thing because it brought motivation for tanjiro in future arcs and future fights, and it gave him a reason to want to fight even more.
May 5, 2021 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
aSmallKorean said:
Xenon162 said:

semi spoiler: i feel like his death was a good thing because it brought motivation for tanjiro in future arcs and future fights, and it gave him a reason to want to fight even more.
yeah thays true too, ;) i have read the whole manga, so i can relate with the reasoning
May 6, 2021 1:24 AM
Feb 2021
Honestly best anime movie I've seen but I'm sad that rengoku is dead I thought he could like help tanjiro next season to learn about he's father past and teach him
May 6, 2021 8:15 AM

Feb 2020
Rengoku fought like a burning sun, shined like blazing sun and died with the rising sun. He was so epic
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 6, 2021 6:45 PM
Mar 2021
I feel like everyone cried at his death. It was beautiful and so sad at the same time.
May 7, 2021 6:36 AM

Oct 2020
Homura is a tribute song for Rengoku :(
May 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2016
Everyone in the series felt it emotionally, but I sure didn't. That being said, for me, Rengoku's probably the only decent character from the entire series, and alas, it's a shame that a character like him, ofc, is yeeted early on. Funny yet tragic at the same time.

But hey, even without much behind it, the emotions sell like heck. Look where it landed the movie in terms of the sales.
May 13, 2021 8:29 AM
May 2020
Yessssss
I wished we had more of him,such a good character.
May 21, 2021 5:54 AM
Jul 2020
Umai!
Umai!
Umai!

Rest in peace 🔥
May 21, 2021 8:06 AM

Nov 2013
Too one note for me to actually care about the character. And he got like what 30 minutes of screen time? It just never enough. Bet you guys will just gonna hype another Hashira who's gonna die in the next Demon Slayer Entries and forget this guy like he's never existed.
DannyTheDonkeyMay 21, 2021 8:11 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 21, 2021 8:59 AM
Dec 2014
DannyTheDonkey said:
Too one note for me to actually care about the character. And he got like what 30 minutes of screen time? It just never enough. Bet you guys will just gonna hype another Hashira who's gonna die in the next Demon Slayer Entries and forget this guy like he's never existed.

I mean, fair is fair for those who do or don't like a character or their personality. Rengoku is basically this series's version of All Might. If you weren't a fan of All Might, you wouldn't be a fan of Rengoku. I think the issue stems more from the protagonist he is forced to work with. Like Deku, Tanjiro really sucks at expressing anything that isn't concern or sadness, with brief respites of anger to add "depth." Someone like Rengoku lives and dies on playing off a more expressive and invested protagonist. If he had a Yuuji (Jujutsu Kaisen) to work with, the movie would have shot up to an 8 for me.

Can we get a Toudou appreciation thread for anime's best BESTO FRIENDO?
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
May 21, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
SentiOnikawa said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

I mean, fair is fair for those who do or don't like a character or their personality. Rengoku is basically this series's version of All Might. If you weren't a fan of All Might, you wouldn't be a fan of Rengoku. I think the issue stems more from the protagonist he is forced to work with. Like Deku, Tanjiro really sucks at expressing anything that isn't concern or sadness, with brief respites of anger to add "depth." Someone like Rengoku lives and dies on playing off a more expressive and invested protagonist. If he had a Yuuji (Jujutsu Kaisen) to work with, the movie would have shot up to an 8 for me.

Well the thing is I actually do like All Might, and I'm not even updated with MHA. At the very least All Might had intriguing background about a superhero, even dubbed as a symbol of peace, fast approaching his twilight and finally he found someone who could be his replacement. We can talk or speculated all day about his psyche or whatever but at the very least there’s something about a hero’s impending mortality that fascinated me in his characters.

With Rengoku however, I really can't say much, he was bright, optimistic, and there's little story that he had family issue during his childhoods but that's about it, his character just not fleshed out enough and little screen time just amplifying it.

Toudou might be a good shout.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 21, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2014
DannyTheDonkey said:
SentiOnikawa said:

Well the thing is I actually do like All Might, and I'm not even updated with MHA. At the very least All Might had intriguing background about a superhero, even dubbed as a symbol of peace, fast approaching his twilight and finally he found someone who could be his replacement. We can talk or speculated all day about his psyche or whatever but at the very least there’s something about a hero’s impending mortality that fascinated me in his characters.

With Rengoku however, I really can't say much, he was bright, optimistic, and there's little story that he had family issue during his childhoods but that's about it, his character just not fleshed out enough and little screen time just amplifying it.

Toudou might be a good shout.

I don't disagree that Rengoku didn't get enough screentime. I think for what was intended (emotional payoff in the third act), it was enough. I think the problem, again, is that Tanjiro isn't a strong enough character to help carry the emotional weight of a story where someone like Rengoku has the bigger payoff. The "yelling into the uncaring void" moment at the end also didn't help, since it went on too long and only served to diminish the important emotional aspect of the scene.

All Might's character was definitely stronger for all those reasons and more, though I would argue that Rengoku is as empathetic because he has relatable attributes while being eccentric. I think if we had a bit more focus on him, the payoff would have been a lot stronger. Did we really need another hour of why Tanjiro fights?
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
May 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
Rengoku was a true Chad, his death was tragic but needed and in my opinion akaza should died in the fight as well, rengoku was better and at least a draw would be great.
May 21, 2021 12:22 PM
Feb 2018
Favorite character so far.
May 21, 2021 4:45 PM

Feb 2020
After the movie he made his way into my favorites.

Goodbye and thank you Kyojuro.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
Jun 10, 2021 1:57 AM

Jan 2010
BLAZIE- said:
Rengoku was a true Chad, his death was tragic but needed and in my opinion akaza should died in the fight as well, rengoku was better and at least a draw would be great.

Depends how you see the result. I agree with Tanjiro that Rengoku was the clear winner: put his life on the line to win and was close to taking Akaza down, made sure none of the 200 people on the train died, and protected his fellow demon slayers. Basically perfect job as a Hashira.
Akaza on the other hand talked the big talk and then ran off without his arms as soon as the sun came up, before anyone had actually died.
Jul 22, 2021 1:51 AM
Mar 2021
Burn your heart !!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

61 by IDontWishToBe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

396 by Lostz0 »»
Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.