Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
It is there in my watch list for a long time, so i decided to watch it . Is it boring? . If it is boring then i will not watch it . Your thoughts please is it boring or not!
May 3, 2021 1:51 AM

Dec 2016
Personally I thought it was. I really struggled and had to force myself to finish it. However, if something is boring or not is a subjective result and you shouldn't decide if to watch/try something or not based just on other people's personal reactions.
May 3, 2021 1:53 AM
Nov 2017
xD. Just try it for yourself. MAL Score speaks a lot already about this show. For me it is very precious and one of the best anime I watched till now. Aesthetic and relaxing. It'll grip you right from the start. Don't worry about shogi part too much it's just there to add some real meaning into the story. Give it a go already.
May 3, 2021 1:56 AM

Mar 2020
No, it is not boring. Watch it.
May 3, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2020
Yeshwanth_18 said:
It is there in my watch list for a long time, so i decided to watch it . Is it boring? . If it is boring then i will not watch it . Your thoughts please is it boring or not!
depends on your taste. if you like slice of life you will love the show specially the 2nd season. i myself loved it alot.

but if you are more into action anime and anime that have twists and turns in the story you might feel a little board
May 3, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2021
It all depends on you. Do you like slice of life shows? Do you like realistic character driven dramas? Do you sympathize with characters that have endured trauma? The show has some really good character writing, and the visual metaphors it uses for depression and anxiety are pretty breathtaking. But if you prefer something more akin to shonen anime then I suppose it’d be possible to find it boring.
May 3, 2021 2:37 AM
Jan 2021
Mosuman-san said:
It all depends on you. Do you like slice of life shows? Do you like realistic character driven dramas? Do you sympathize with characters that have endured trauma? The show has some really good character writing, and the visual metaphors it uses for depression and anxiety are pretty breathtaking. But if you prefer something more akin to shonen anime then I suppose it’d be possible to find it boring.

Then I will find it boring thanks for the info dude!!
May 3, 2021 2:40 AM
Jan 2021
SoldierDream said:
Personally I thought it was. I really struggled and had to force myself to finish it. However, if something is boring or not is a subjective result and you shouldn't decide if to watch/try something or not based just on other people's personal reactions.
Otaku_Adi_San said:
xD. Just try it for yourself. MAL Score speaks a lot already about this show. For me it is very precious and one of the best anime I watched till now. Aesthetic and relaxing. It'll grip you right from the start. Don't worry about shogi part too much it's just there to add some real meaning into the story. Give it a go already.
SoldierDream said:
Otaku_Adi_San said:
lDeathParadoxl said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:
depends on your taste. if you like slice of life you will love the show specially the 2nd season. i myself loved it alot.

but if you are more into action anime and anime that have twists and turns in the story you might feel a little board

Thanks guys , I might find it boring because I am more in into shonen than slice of life!!
May 3, 2021 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
No. It's definitely not boring. okokokokokokokokokokokokokokokoo
May 3, 2021 3:09 AM
Oct 2020
I don’t want to say it’s boring, I really enjoyed both seasons. It’s a show that’s not for binging, watch it 1-2 episodes a day and you will not get bored that way.
May 3, 2021 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
No, it's not boring at all. Especially Season 2.
May 3, 2021 3:15 AM
Jul 2020
Well as everyone said, it really depends on your taste. If you like shounen more then this anime would be so boring. But if you like slice of life anime, you will like a lot.
May 3, 2021 3:32 AM
Apr 2019
I thought it was okay, kinda boring tbh. I'm debating whether I should continue with the second season or not. I'm really curious as to why its score is so high.
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
May 3, 2021 3:49 AM
Sep 2020
I can see why someone would think it's boring. It's a story that let the characters grow slowly. If you are impatient or you're currently not in the mood for something like that, I wouldn't recommend.

I gotta say, though, it is one of my personal favourites animes ever. It's a very great adaptation of a damm well written mangá. Very touching, lovely story, gotta say. And one 0f the most interesting studies of loneliness, depression and cure.
May 3, 2021 3:52 AM

Jul 2017
If the Mc and themes of the show don't interest you then it would be boring
May 3, 2021 3:53 AM

Aug 2018
Sometimes its boring especially when the focus is on shogi. But whenever the Kawamoto sisters are involved, the story suddenly comes alive. It's definitely worth sticking through the boring parts because season 2 is amazing.
May 3, 2021 4:05 AM
Dec 2020
Depends on what your taste is, it’s not fast paced and it feels like watching someone’s life and a very interesting and introspective one at that. Essentially if your one for a slow journey of a persons life with no grand destination and an mc who’s essentially just wandering around and dedicating himself to something then watch it, the side characters, mc, shogi matches, warmth and production value of the show are almost unrivaled imo. However it’s slow compared to other anime and requires some emotional investment to get the most out of. I recommend the first episode, since it alone should be enough to let you know if you want to watch it or not.
said the lolicon bastard
May 3, 2021 4:19 AM

Jan 2021
For me, it's boring.

But for the second season? Nah. But only the first half. The Second Half... Meh.
May 3, 2021 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
Well, if you prefer motivating and inspirational shows then it'll not be boring.
May 3, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
It depends on ur taste or genre preference.
May 3, 2021 6:51 AM
Aug 2020
I watched it with great pleasure and fell in love with its first season, it is definitely not boring.
May 3, 2021 6:57 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
It is boring and yet at the same time the best TV show ever created.
KaiserHamuel said:
Yeah it was kind of boring. Tries to be clever and fails lol. Though I suppose it depends if this is your kind of show or not.
How does it try to be "clever"?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 3, 2021 7:14 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
KaiserHamuel said:
cchigu said:
It is boring and yet at the same time the best TV show ever created.
How does it try to be "clever"?

I have no clue.
That’s what everyone I’ve talked to seems to praise it for...
I watched the first 8 episodes and didn’t get that at all. Was I mislead?
It is the first time I have ever seen someone describing Sangatsu as clever tbh. The show has a similar formula throughout, so the first 8 episodes you have watched kinda represent how the whole show is.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 3, 2021 7:19 AM

Jul 2020
Its boring but a masterpiece. That aside it depends on what you consider "boring".

Im gonna assume you'll find it boring since your list consist's of action anime, and the only SOL anime you really watched are tearjerkers or RomCom's.

I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
May 3, 2021 7:33 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
KaiserHamuel said:
cchigu said:
It is the first time I have ever seen someone describing Sangatsu as clever tbh. The show has a similar formula throughout, so the first 8 episodes you have watched kinda represent how the whole show is.

I enjoyed the chill first few minutes of ep 1 then characters started talking and it went downhill for me. I personally abhor melodrama.
Then it is definitely not for you, the second season is pretty packed with melodrama.
May 3, 2021 9:48 AM
Dec 2012
It's definitely not boring, but if you don't enjoy slice of life, don't watch this one.
Personally, it's one of my favorite anime.
May 3, 2021 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
I thought it was boring until I watched it. It just takes time for it to be decent then be good if you can watch s1 then s2 will be a very good watch try to watch like 3 or 4 eps before deciding to stop or continue
May 4, 2021 1:24 AM
Nov 2017
It’s one of the best, chicken noodle soup for the soul my friend save for rainy days
May 4, 2021 6:49 AM
Apr 2021
All of the game bits where very very boring for me because I don’t really care about it. It’s an interesting anime tho, I think it has a very interesting approach to a lot of complex feelings but I would completely toss the shogi gameplay
May 4, 2021 7:25 AM

Dec 2019
I mean, it depends on what you classify as boring. it’s just really beautiful, and yeah it has a slow pace sometimes but it does a lot of things so well
May 6, 2021 8:56 AM

Sep 2015
I enjoy SoL a lot but barely managed to finish S1 of this anime.

It’s like a depressing version of Chihayafuru where MCs go to training centre, play competition, lose, win, rinse and repeat. At least Chihayafuru has tense moment. This shogi game is pretty complicated and only involves thinking so the competition is dull. I believe the story moves on during S2 but I already gave up.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
May 11, 2021 3:13 AM
Dec 2020
(My opinion) I find the first few episodes are slow and little bit boring (it's normal because of the introduction etc) but after that every episode get better and better and season 2 is just perfect!
May 15, 2021 10:36 PM
Jan 2018
Yes. It over drags a lot of scenes by this silent moments in order to provide time for introspection possibly but it fails to create that wannabe deep atmosphere. The plot is too generic/predictable. It uses this abstract slow animation style to depict sadness but fails in that too. its to over dramatic which feels cringe.Music is good. Try it but if you feel you can't bother enough for what's happening, don't consider continuing. Avg show overall.
Bhaskar_SinghMay 15, 2021 10:40 PM
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
May 15, 2021 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
No. Definitely not.
May 15, 2021 10:38 PM

Jan 2020
The idea of whether or not something is boring is entirely subjective since everyone can be entertained by different stuff. Personally speaking, I did sadly find it to be so but it's one of the most loved anime by the majority so hopefully that's enough to get you in

May 16, 2021 2:07 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Bhaskar_Singh said:
Yes. It over drags a lot of scenes by this silent moments in order to provide time for introspection possibly but it fails to create that wannabe deep atmosphere. The plot is too generic/predictable. It uses this abstract slow animation style to depict sadness but fails in that too. its to over dramatic which feels cringe.Music is good. Try it but if you feel you can't bother enough for what's happening, don't consider continuing. Avg show overall.
The plot being "generic and predictable" is the strong part of the show. 3-gatsu no Lion is a show that thrives on the reliability of the characters. The more the plot resembles the mundane life the better the connectivity with the characters is.
Jun 27, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2020
I found parts of the first season boring just because I don’t really care about Shogi, but as it progressed I enjoyed it more and more. I still have problems with the show but I really loved the parts involving the Kawamoto sisters.
Jul 8, 2021 4:40 PM

Apr 2018
from day 1 ever since a certain moment early on it really hit me on a deep personal level so i can't speak for everyone but it's my favorite anime ever because it made me feel something no other anime has. whether you'll find it boring for a shonen type of guy maybe but it's up to you and your tastes.
Aug 2, 2021 3:14 AM
Jul 2020
its exceedingly boring
Sep 6, 2021 8:27 AM

Dec 2019
kyou_on said:
I enjoy SoL a lot but barely managed to finish S1 of this anime.

It’s like a depressing version of Chihayafuru where MCs go to training centre, play competition, lose, win, rinse and repeat. At least Chihayafuru has tense moment. This shogi game is pretty complicated and only involves thinking so the competition is dull. I believe the story moves on during S2 but I already gave up.
It's literally character- focused. Shogi is nothing more than a window for the viewers to see the characters through. Sangatsu is about its characters and connection, and shogi is one such connection.

If you went into it expecting a game anime you were definitely expecting the wrong thing.
Sep 19, 2021 6:27 AM

Nov 2016
No it isn't boring. I found it relaxing and yet it still had a lot to say and the writing is very good.
Sep 23, 2021 4:50 AM
May 2021
It will help if you watch the first season too. The 2nd season was much more focused on slice of life themes so I just wanted to finish it quickly but I had goosebumps near the end.
The last 3 episodes alone for me bumped the rating from 7.5 to 9.

Also, if you are wondering should you or should you not watch an anime, just try a few episodes out first. Reviews are really subjective and while MAL ratings above 8.6 can be a good standard, I've found many underrated anime which I consider to be really good.

For March comes in like a lion I was actually surprise since I was not sure whether I would like the animation style. But the story was so engrossing that the animation style became secondary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

93 by Randomega »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

97 by Randomega »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

179 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 19, 2:08 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2017

109 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 19, 1:46 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

110 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 18, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.