Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2021 4:14 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first episode with a unique plotline. The animation and the music is also great. I almost teared up near the end too. I wonder if all the people they possess in the future will get murdered or only the people that has their future changed? Poor woman and her parents :((

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:33 AM
Apr 30, 2021 4:39 PM
Jul 2017
Good first episode, I like the cast.

Yeah, that woman dying was pretty sad. Honestly, the girl should have known better than to jump into a stranger's car. However, it was definitely caused by the black hair MC messaging her parents. I don't think that the white hair MC should keep the fact she died from him either. He'll keep doing things like this if he believes it didn't make a difference.
Apr 30, 2021 4:43 PM
Apr 2013
I really like the concept. Interested in seeing what happens next!
Apr 30, 2021 4:53 PM
Jun 2019
So.... I really liked it? Really good animation and soundtrack (including that amazing OP as well), and a very interesting concept, that, from what I can see in these 2 episodes are going to be very well developed.

Also, are they hinted at LGBT relationships (with the two MC and the two women from ep 2), or is just me? Cause that was really sweet :3

This is probably one of those shows that more people should be talking about...
Apr 30, 2021 5:39 PM
Apr 2021
I found this while browsing anime on the site I use
the cover art looked cool so I clicked in and did not regret it.
damn this show is good. It's like a breath of fresh air.

I've been dying trying to keep up with all the shitty slice of life, isekai, and just generally bad shows airing in Japan atm. It felt so satisfying just to sit down and watch a good, grounded, and ultimately human story.
Apr 30, 2021 6:19 PM

Jan 2010
confusing as hell, but I liked it? Hopefully future episodes will explain the logic of how these guys are using sort of time travel to inhabit a person's body to obtain some useful information that a client hires them to get. Such a mouthful.

RIP random secretary girl. Guess the white-haired guy was right to not mess with the future. But at the same time, it did seem a bit extreme that slightly altering her future had to result in her getting flippin' murdered and dumped in a river. Sure, getting into a random stranger's car is a really bad idea, but damn.

It seems like whenever the "Butterfly Effect" is used in stories with time travelling, a negative result of meddling with the flow of time, results in someone getting killed or something extreme like that. It always has to be such a cruel form of "punishment" But, in this case, it wasn't really the girl's fault, which really sucked for her. She was just trying to live her life, and lost her life due to the black-haired mc's meddling.

And it seems like the blacked haired mc will remain oblivious to his mistakes, which means he could do it again and cause someone else to suffer...I have a feeling this might happen again. Unless the white-haired mc confronts him about it. I also haven't seen the second ep yet to find out of it also ends in tragedy X-[

When I first saw some promo stuff for this, I thought it was gonna be a danmei. These guys are def shippable, but idk if it'll actually go in the direction. Guessing it won't. I mean the blacked-haired mc wanted to grope "his" tits when he went into the body of the secretary. And of course with Chinese censorship, there can only be light homoerotic subtext.

While the visuals/animation was great, once critique I have is the voice acting. I had this issues with Heaven's Official Blessing too. Which is that the male VAs all kind of sound the same. If you were to tell me the black-haired and white-haired mcs had the same voice actor, I'd believe it. It's like these actors don't try to put any kind of inflection or strong personality with their voice work, especially compared to Japanese Seiyuus. It kind of bothers me
giveup-the-ghostApr 30, 2021 6:31 PM
Apr 30, 2021 8:32 PM

Dec 2020
yaoi? if not, I am not interested.
Apr 30, 2021 8:41 PM
Nov 2020
The animation quality feels subpar as it is noticeably lagging at times, though it is not as bad as that in Mi Bao Zhi Guo. To be honest, we shouldn’t expect much more from Li Haoling and his team’s outsourcing of work. As a side note, that family scene, climax, and both twists were quite good. Overall, I’m surprisingly hooked.

giveup-the-ghost said:
confusing as hell, but I liked it? Hopefully future episodes will explain the logic of how these guys are using sort of time travel to inhabit a person's body to obtain some useful information that a client hires them to get. Such a mouthful.

RIP random secretary girl. Guess the white-haired guy was right to not mess with the future. But at the same time, it did seem a bit extreme that slightly altering her future had to result in her getting flippin' murdered and dumped in a river. Sure, getting into a random stranger's car is a really bad idea, but damn.

It seems like whenever the "Butterfly Effect" is used in stories with time travelling, a negative result of meddling with the flow of time, results in someone getting killed or something extreme like that. It always has to be such a cruel form of "punishment" But, in this case, it wasn't really the girl's fault, which really sucked for her. She was just trying to live her life, and lost her life due to the black-haired mc's meddling.

And it seems like the blacked haired mc will remain oblivious to his mistakes, which means he could do it again and cause someone else to suffer...I have a feeling this might happen again. Unless the white-haired mc confronts him about it. I also haven't seen the second ep yet to find out of it also ends in tragedy X-[

When I first saw some promo stuff for this, I thought it was gonna be a danmei. These guys are def shippable, but idk if it'll actually go in the direction. Guessing it won't. I mean the blacked-haired mc wanted to grope "his" tits when he went into the body of the secretary. And of course with Chinese censorship, there can only be light homoerotic subtext.

While the visuals/animation was great, once critique I have is the voice acting. I had this issues with Heaven's Official Blessing too. Which is that the male VAs all kind of sound the same. If you were to tell me the black-haired and white-haired mcs had the same voice actor, I'd believe it. It's like these actors don't try to put any kind of inflection or strong personality with their voice work, especially compared to Japanese Seiyuus. It kind of bothers me

You’re right that the butterfly effect is usually depicted having an extreme outcome in media, but that technically is what hooks watchers and it does work in conveying the point across.
ilalocheziaApr 30, 2021 9:11 PM
Apr 30, 2021 10:14 PM

Aug 2015
Oh shit I didn't expect this emotional hit. Really loved this first episode.
May 1, 2021 12:02 AM
Feb 2019
oh man i never expected this to be so good, the story is very interesting, the soundtracks are all amazing, i love both opening and ending and any insert ost sounds matching to every scenes.

9/10

Great first impression.
May 1, 2021 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
I wasn't expecting the first episode to hit on an emotional level but it did. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this show. I really liked the animation style. The music was well edited and the OP and ED were excellent.
May 1, 2021 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, it was great! The ending was really emotional, didn't expect that! Loved it: 10/10.
May 1, 2021 7:36 PM
Apr 2021
That poor woman! Ugh, breaks my heart that she was going to see her parents. To think that her parents were probably waiting and expecting to see her.

Overall, a compelling start to the series. Really enjoying it! Was a bit confused though on the secretary's death. Who was the man she ran into?
May 2, 2021 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
seems intereting...let's see...
4/5.

May 2, 2021 3:23 PM
Sep 2019
It really went in a direction I didn't expect at the end. I came into this knowing nothing, so to end up being interested like this is a win for me. It'll be cool to see where this goes.
May 2, 2021 3:43 PM

Feb 2021
igoramoss said:
So.... I really liked it? Really good animation and soundtrack (including that amazing OP as well), and a very interesting concept, that, from what I can see in these 2 episodes are going to be very well developed.

Also, are they hinted at LGBT relationships (with the two MC and the two women from ep 2), or is just me? Cause that was really sweet :3

i don't think this is going to be outright lgbt, since you know. china. but it is heavily gaycoded by the creators for lgbt people to catch on ("handsome face", how close they are physically(touchy), the two women from ep 2 and the noodle scene (thats obviously a romantic trope plus with one of them hinting at wanting to marry her) mirroring the one noodle bowl from end of ep 2)
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 2, 2021 6:18 PM

Nov 2017
I liked it, almost cried and wow I can't believe she died.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
May 3, 2021 9:16 AM
Jun 2019
sntiago said:
igoramoss said:

i don't think this is going to be outright lgbt, since you know. china. but it is heavily gaycoded by the creators for lgbt people to catch on ("handsome face", how close they are physically(touchy), the two women from ep 2 and the noodle scene (thats obviously a romantic trope plus with one of them hinting at wanting to marry her) mirroring the one noodle bowl from end of ep 2)

Yeah, I thought it could be like this as well, but is not a problem for me if the development is real (like it was with sk8). I just can't stand fanservice and baiting.

And, lol, your signature, these are all of my favorite shows from this season xD I would only add Bakuten! as well haha
May 4, 2021 9:23 AM
May 2020
One of my favourite episodes in ALL of anime(..I know It's a donghua). I really hope they follow up with the killer storyline!!... That blondie took my Emma away!!!
Ps. Can anyone please tell me the name of the song at 19:09 of the episode.. PLEASE!!! That background music juxtaposed with emma's crying engender such poignant feelings from me
EDIT: Dear Candy by Cheers Cheers... To anyone looking for it you're welcome
fujimino_tanvirJul 8, 2021 1:46 PM
May 6, 2021 8:56 PM

Nov 2020
this is interesting

May 7, 2021 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
The concept is very unique in a good way. OP/ED visuals and songs are dope. Especially ED is one of best anime songs for me.
I loved art style and characters at the same time. Promising start. It might be AOTS as ONA.
May 7, 2021 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
Wow, what an episode! That hooked me completely. Great art style, expressive animation, chilling plot--this one will definitely be worth watching.

If I had one criticism, it would be that the subs are actually so bad. Being a native Chinese speaker, I could understand what they were saying, but it definitely wouldn't have been as emotional if i only relied on subs. There are a quite a few parts that have terrible translations, but i guess there's no helping it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 8, 2021 7:56 AM

Dec 2016
Why was I sleeping on it...It's so good. That OP is so amazing, really loved those hand dance. The ED is so amazing too.

Since they were going on with this “you should get a boyfriend” thing in the beginning, so I thought that the guy she bumped into would be like a fated meeting or something...but instead he just murdered her and dumped her into the river....I regret what I thought.

The black haired guy wanted to make the girl happy but it just happened to backfire. If he gets to know about what happened to the girl then he's going to regret all his life. Actually he should know then in future cases he's going to refrain from making unnecessary changes. He should've listened to Lu Guang...
May 15, 2021 9:24 AM
Mar 2021
The Chinese audience has picked up that probably in the original timeline the girl would die of suicide. The protagonist changed how she died but not the outcome. Especially now that ep. 4 has aired, Lu Guang mentioned deaths are critical outcomes that would not be altered no matter what.
Stardew said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first episode with a unique plotline. The animation and the music is also great. I almost teared up near the end too. I wonder if all the people they possess in the future will get murdered or only the people that has their future changed? Poor woman and her parents :((
May 15, 2021 9:27 AM
Mar 2021
being raped then murdered is probably worse than suicide though :(
qwqpwpMay 16, 2021 10:30 AM
May 17, 2021 11:52 PM
Apr 2015
I really love the way this anime came out with. I mean thinking about an idea and doing it exactly the same way it is. So exciting
May 18, 2021 2:19 PM
Mar 2021
Late af to the discussion but BROOOOOO why they do that why couldn't it be ok UGH but I understand how helpless it must feel but I hope black hair MC knows eventually but DAMN that hurt I cried

edit, suicide? come on. But another person is right. Suicide would have been a "better" way. How depressing.
May 19, 2021 9:47 AM

Feb 2021
Tears were nearly coming out of my eyes seeing she and her parent’s relationship and then SHE DIED I WAS SO SHOCKED UNEXPECTED PLOT TWIST
May 21, 2021 1:33 AM

Dec 2020
my first time watching a donghua and im pretty sure i picked a good one. not a shit one, and something ill definitely enjoy at least.

sick op. the part where black hair guy was dancing with his hands matching the song was really nice, ed was great too. the animation is pretty, i love the art style sm. but thats expected out of a donghua huh? music was great too, i loved the music that they used for when she came home from work. the story is also interesting, and this episode was good. the emotional parts definitely hit, especially the scene where he was abt to go to sleep. for plot, i was a bit confused at the start but eventually understood it(i think..) can anyone explain what their job is tho? they're not supposed to change the past or future, so what are they time traveling for?
May 27, 2021 4:30 AM

Sep 2020
What a wonderful episode , Glad I didn't slept on this one , definitely looking forward for the second episode .

ZXEANMay 29, 2021 12:57 AM
May 29, 2021 10:46 PM

Jan 2021
wow. just... wow.
May 30, 2021 2:33 PM

Mar 2008
I really hope they'll bring Emma back!

I know, narratively wouldn't be good, removing the consequences of their actions and being "unfair" with all others that where hurt while they did their work, but still... HER DEATH ALSO WASN'T FAIR!

Hope that they'll at least caught her murderer.
Jun 1, 2021 1:53 AM
Oct 2014
I don't think I can suspend my disbelief for this one. As always, I really dislike time travel. I don't know about just how white-haired guy's superpowers work either. He seems to know what will happen past, present and future so is there even a need to send black-haired guy into other people's bodies? And why send him into the secretary's body so she can peep at the computer screen after being bitch slapped instead of going directly into the CEO's body?
Jun 1, 2021 2:26 AM

Sep 2020
The_Ruise said:
I don't think I can suspend my disbelief for this one. As always, I really dislike time travel. I don't know about just how white-haired guy's superpowers work either. He seems to know what will happen past, present and future so is there even a need to send black-haired guy into other people's bodies? And why send him into the secretary's body so she can peep at the computer screen after being bitch slapped instead of going directly into the CEO's body?
He can't , he can only swift places with the person whoever take the photo (camera man) and the photo which they got at the beginning was taken by that girl so he swift body with her just after she took the photo ,

So to swift body with the CEO they need a picture taken by him one top of that the time which also need to be specific to complete there tasks , (Sorry my english is not good)
ZXEANJun 1, 2021 4:56 AM
Jun 1, 2021 5:47 AM
Oct 2014
Zean_9435 said:
He can't , he can only swift places with the person whoever take the photo (camera man) and the photo which they got at the beginning was taken by that girl so he swift body with her just after she took the photo ,

So to swift body with the CEO they need a picture taken by him one top of that the time which also need to be specific to complete there tasks , (Sorry my english is not good)

Well at least that explains the dynamics of how the switch works. Thanks!
Jun 1, 2021 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
So, I really love it so far and im glad that mal has so many people talking about it! I did tear up thrice throughout these 6 episodes. I saw something in the comments about the lgbt content and I'd like to share that some months ago, this had the BL tag on MAL but later on it was removed. Maybe it wasn't given the green pass? We can't know because its an original and not from a novel. Either way their dynamic is an interesting topic and the rules they have forged so fragile.
Jun 2, 2021 10:10 AM

Sep 2020
The_Ruise said:
Zean_9435 said:

You are welcome by the way if you are confused why the girl got killed at the end , it's because the black hair dude change the past he texted her parents all night and told everything to her parents how she is being treated in office and all those stuff ,( now why did she got killed because of that is still unknown may be her phone got hacked ) and he shouldn't have done that , both of them have to complete there tasks without affecting the time line ,

This anime is divided into small Arcs and The story of this episode is not yet over I guess the main antagonist of this series is the serial killer which we say at the end of the episode
ZXEANJun 2, 2021 11:30 AM
Jun 2, 2021 3:01 PM
Nov 2019
eco999 said:
Good first episode, I like the cast.

Yeah, that woman dying was pretty sad. Honestly, the girl should have known better than to jump into a stranger's car. However, it was definitely caused by the black hair MC messaging her parents. I don't think that the white hair MC should keep the fact she died from him either. He'll keep doing things like this if he believes it didn't make a difference.

I think the white haired MC deliberately hid that so that it doesn't effect the black haired MC from not doing jobs like this in future
Jun 2, 2021 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
The_Ruise said:

White hair can look a photo and see what happened in the next 12 hours after the photo was taken by the person who took the photo, but he can only see from the outside. Black hair can become the person who took the photo for those same 12 hours after the photo was taken, he feels what that person feels.
They combine their power to do their work.

Zean_9435 said:

You are welcome by the way if you are confused why the girl got killed at the end , it's because the black hair dude change the past he texted her parents all night and told everything to her parents how she is being treated in office and all those stuff ,( now why did she got killed because of that is still unknown may be her phone got hacked ) and he shouldn't have done that , both of them have to complete there tasks without affecting the time line

This is wrong!
The only thing Black hair did was reply "I miss you.". Because they were already very concerned about hair this made the mom rush to her apartment.
Black hair knew that he shouldn't do that, that's why he waited until White hair was sleeping to look the phone.
Jun 4, 2021 8:27 AM

Sep 2020
PaninaManina said:
The_Ruise said:

White hair can look a photo and see what happened in the next 12 hours after the photo was taken by the person who took the photo, but he can only see from the outside. Black hair can become the person who took the photo for those same 12 hours after the photo was taken, he feels what that person feels.
They combine their power to do their work.

Zean_9435 said:

You are welcome by the way if you are confused why the girl got killed at the end , it's because the black hair dude change the past he texted her parents all night and told everything to her parents how she is being treated in office and all those stuff ,( now why did she got killed because of that is still unknown may be her phone got hacked ) and he shouldn't have done that , both of them have to complete there tasks without affecting the time line

This is wrong!
The only thing Black hair did was reply "I miss you.". Because they were already very concerned about hair this made the mom rush to her apartment.
Black hair knew that he shouldn't do that, that's why he waited until White hair was sleeping to look the phone.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake although it's not totally wrong I said only one minor wrong statement that is... "he texted her parents all night and told everything to her parents how she is being treated in office and all those stuff"
Jun 4, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
Zean_9435 said:
Thanks for pointing out my mistake although it's not totally wrong I said only one minor wrong statement that is... "he texted her parents all night and told everything to her parents how she is being treated in office and all those stuff"

The important detail is that he did this behind White hair's back.
Jun 4, 2021 7:28 PM
Nov 2020
Damn I feel bad for Emma. I'm wondering if that mysterious guy at the station who wanted to "help" her was somehow involved in her death. Hopefully she was able to see both her parents one last time?

Also, I don't think I would have the discipline to do this job. If I was transported/teleported into the body of the opposite gender, I'd probably get distracted and would want to do some thorough "self-exploration" first before proceeding with the mission LOL.

Btw, Emma would have made a great flight attendant. She definitely has the looks for it.
Jun 4, 2021 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
kuwangpa said:
Damn I feel bad for Emma. I'm wondering if that mysterious guy at the station who wanted to "help" her was somehow involved in her death. Hopefully she was able to see both her parents one last time?

THAT'S THE KILLER!

The question is how much he knew in advance to approach her that way, like he knew not only who she was but also where she was going. How?
It's the big mystery, maybe there are other little group with supernatural powers that is not liking what the main characters are doing.
Jun 6, 2021 5:55 PM
Mar 2016
I was just rewatching this episode and im screaming. I had so much hope here. At the end I thought everything was turning around for emma, she was gonna have a good relationship with her parents and i even thought the murder was gonna be that boyfriend her parents were wanting her to have. My heart was warm and fuzzy feeling. Only for it to be ripped out 1 second later.🙃
Jun 12, 2021 3:46 AM
Feb 2021
What started out like any typical time travel plot with overused tropes related to it has great execution in diving into the consequences of saying harmless words that leads to devastating effects especially the encounter of a (serial) killer at end of this episode. I won't be surprised if he shows up again soon.

Of course this is an all-original donghua series so whatever happens within 20mins per episode, you've to avoid blinking and pay close attention to the words for it really has many dialogue-heavy scenes. Then again, aren't all mystery series have heavy dialogue within them?

Time will tell if everything can have full closure given it's a very rare case for a donghua to get a season renewal.
Jun 22, 2021 8:20 PM
Mar 2018
Watched episode 2 first by accident. But watching this next made this series a lot more interesting. A very subtle way to input the consequences of time altercation.

Jun 25, 2021 12:27 PM

Mar 2016
wowow i am glad i started watching it now! the art is beautiful and i love the soundtrack too :) looking forward to the story progression!

rip emma...Xiaoshi just opened a can of worms, and that's why you always should follow Guang's rules!

Jun 26, 2021 3:27 PM
Apr 2021
fujimino_tanvir said:
One of my favourite episodes in ALL of anime(..I know It's a donghua). I really hope they follow up with the killer storyline!!... That blondie took my Emma away!!!
Ps. Can anyone please tell me the name of the song at 19:09 of the episode.. PLEASE!!! That background music juxtaposed with emma's crying engender such poignant feelings from me

YES PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP FIND THIS SONG T-T
my shazam can't recognize it :(((

it's like literally half past midnight when I'm writing this and I'm trying not to wake up my family with playing this scene over and over AND DAMN SHAZAM CAN'T FIND IT IT SHOWS ME SOME TYPICAL CLUB BEATS INSTEAD I CAN'T
Jun 26, 2021 5:20 PM
Jun 2015
pizzaphantom said:
fujimino_tanvir said:

it's like literally half past midnight when I'm writing this and I'm trying not to wake up my family with playing this scene over and over AND DAMN SHAZAM CAN'T FIND IT IT SHOWS ME SOME TYPICAL CLUB BEATS INSTEAD I CAN'T

Dear Candy

https://music.163.com/#/song?id=427609830
Jun 26, 2021 10:14 PM
Apr 2021
tenergy05 said:
pizzaphantom said:

Dear Candy

https://music.163.com/#/song?id=427609830

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH <3 <3 <3
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jul 1, 2021

91 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 24, 2021

78 by nanajp »»
May 25, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 17, 2021

74 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jun 10, 2021

87 by nanajp »»
May 25, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.