Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 21, 2021 12:48 AM

May 2016
I’ve tried to watch this anime 3 times over the course of 10 years. I’m about to give it another shot and wanna know if the story gets good later on. Like what’s the overall narrative? Is the first 3 episodes a good representation of the entire series?
Apr 21, 2021 1:33 AM
Nov 2020
Animes involving travelling and learning during their adventures are my favorites. Spice and wolf is indeed a good example for that. It's much simple understand the introductions from the starting eps. Watching it makes me relax alot It had a good influence on me for quite a bit. But then also it did had it's downfalls here and there
Apr 21, 2021 1:46 AM
Jan 2021
The story is quite deep IMO, but to put it simply, it teaches about the value of things(friendship, relationship, money, etc), economy and human greed.

Finish an arc to get a good representation of the series IMO, try to finish the arc where he gets an information about a certain money that will go up or down in value and find out whether it's true or not and what his actions are after(it was about silver coins if I'm not mistaken but I forgot which, CMIIW).
Hot_Green_TeaApr 21, 2021 2:02 AM
Apr 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Nov 2015
I honestly didn't like the anime that much. It took me two attempts and I found it fairly boring throughout. I might watch the second season at some point but not really excited about that right now.

I've always heard amazing things about Spice and Wolf but eeeh. Rather mediocre imo
Apr 21, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2018
If you have no interest in medieval economics then you probably shouldnt watch this show.

I happen to be fascinated by such things. But I'm a weird guy I guess.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Apr 21, 2021 4:13 AM

May 2009
Its a more intelectual and economics driven anime, if I were you I would wait until I was mature enough to be able to apreciate the story. And 3 episodes is plenty to know where the story leads to.
And no, this is not a shonen manga where a merchant catchs a pokemon waifu and fights is way through the story for no reason.
And all this is comming from someone who maths, and still enjoys the story and understanding the appeal right away.

Im not saying this to downplay anyone, but you gotta admit this Anime lightnovels have been sold, award numbered limited editions, entirely new sequel and mostly anyone that enjoyed the anime went read the sorce material at some point.

But I cam suggest you to check out Bookworm anime instead, its almost thr same type of thing and its easier to digest.
lrdalucardApr 21, 2021 4:19 AM
I'm an Anime/Manga Artist who enjoys drawing in the same style:
For info on comissions and galery: Click Here
Apr 21, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2020
The first part of the story ( and so the anime ) is only about economic but later on the light novel ( and the manga ) it becomes more focused on the romance between the two characters.
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Apr 21, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
It's an enjoyable anime with small problems here & there that should not be taken too seriously. Most of the issues & discussions in the anime revolve around economics, so if that's not your cup of tea, I wouldn't bother. I think the allure of a cute wolf girl is why lots of people just decide to pick it up.
May 9, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2020
The entire selling point of this show is Holo and the exchange that takes between her and Lawrence. And honestly, I don't think the show misses with that. Every show does not need to be deep to be good. I don't think anyone really cares about the plot in this show (most of the time). The plot is fucking Economics that I wasn't even able to follow at times, but man, I can't say that I got bored even once watching this. 90% of the show is interaction taking place between Holo and Lawrence and I can never get bored of watching that.
Jun 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2020

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.