Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2021 8:34 AM
Apr 2016
Hello everyone, in the beginning of the first episode, Mamimi says a lot of interesting stuff about becoming an adult, but there s one specific quote that I have yet understood. "He who conquers the left side conquers the world" what does she mean by that? I watched in French too and it didn t make more sense. Maybe the translation from the japanese version has lost its meaning? What do you guys think?

Also another question : what does the handcuff thing on Haruko's wrist do and what could it means? Is it responding to her lover about to appear?
Franck_NicolasApr 18, 2021 9:22 AM
Apr 18, 2021 10:07 AM

Apr 2021
It’s a baseball reference- referring to the advantage of left handed hitters over right handed pitchers. And haruko’s bracelet seems to be a device used to detect atomsk’s energy.
Apr 22, 2021 12:58 AM
Apr 2016
Thanks a lot. I ve seen on another forum that it might also refers to the side of the brain : Mamimi says that to become an adult you need to use your left brain (associated with logic and reasoning). That would explain why Naota mocks her for holding the bat the wrong side, Mamimi still uses her right brain so she isn t ready to become an adult.

I d like to take the opportunity of this post to add another questions.
What do you guys think about the symbolism of Mamimi's camera? In the beginning, i don t understand why she takes photos of Naota being run over by Haruko's motorcycle. Also, why does Mamimi care more about Naota's name than if he s alive after being run over by Haruko?
May 31, 2021 4:48 PM

Mar 2018
I don't think it symbolizes anything. I view it more as just a hobby than anything else. In the end she takes picture Naota and became a photographer. I don't see any reason to suspect anything deeper.
May 31, 2021 10:04 PM
Apr 2016
Aha there's so much symbolism in this anime, maybe I expect too many things to have some metaphoric meaning

I still don t really understand why she takes photo of Naota being run over though
Jun 1, 2021 12:41 PM
Jan 2021
Franck_Nicolas said:
Thanks a lot. I ve seen on another forum that it might also refers to the side of the brain : Mamimi says that to become an adult you need to use your left brain (associated with logic and reasoning). That would explain why Naota mocks her for holding the bat the wrong side, Mamimi still uses her right brain so she isn t ready to become an adult.

What do you guys think about the symbolism of Mamimi's camera? In the beginning, i don t understand why she takes photos of Naota being run over by Haruko's motorcycle. Also, why does Mamimi care more about Naota's name than if he s alive after being run over by Haruko?

I think the photography part is less of symbolism, rather symbolism is in the fact that she became a photographer and moved away. It implies that she accepted or was finally trying to accept herself without the push from others. (Lmk if this is 100% wrong as I have literally just finished the show)
Jun 1, 2021 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Nickmgic said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

I think the photography part is less of symbolism, rather symbolism is in the fact that she became a photographer and moved away. It implies that she accepted or was finally trying to accept herself without the push from others. (Lmk if this is 100% wrong as I have literally just finished the show)

yes you might be right. Moreover the fact she left means she finally accepted that Naota can't replace her ex and won't be the "ideal masculine adult" she wanted to make out of him. She understood that he became his own ideal adult and that she needs to forget the past to find her own ideal adulthood. Or something like this.

She is leaving because she is moving out from her past.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.