Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 4, 2022 1:58 AM
Jun 2017
This shit is pretty underwatched and underrated. Def enjoyed it more than stuff like your name.
Apr 16, 2022 11:21 PM

Nov 2013
In a sea of dismal, formulaic and silly anime, this was a real unexpected gem.
Great story, good character development. Genuine feelings. Beautiful imagery and cinematography.
May 7, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
Too much absurd for me.
If she crawls all over her house - why her clothes aren't dity or ripped?

That love-rival-girl: too much cliche.

but director/staff didn't care or didn't bother to check facts.

overall visuals, music and VAs top notch. Too bad the story is lacking and repetable.
May 9, 2022 1:28 PM

May 2016
Soooo, the female lead dragged it down horribly.

From the absurdly cliche moment, when she called him a perv for saving her dumb face from getting scraped off on concrete, she was instantly hateable. And she didn't help it at all as the movie went on. Everybody else is mostly bland and fairly passive.

I don't feel anything resembling romance in this, and I didn't come in with huge expectations. It reads as uncomfortable and mean spirited till the end. Feels like the beginning of a toxic relationship based purely on sympathy for a person, who doesn't really deserve it. And the VA doesn't much to save it.

The visuals and music go hard, and I still gave it a positive score. I do like the premise, and would love to see it done right. As is, mixed feelings.
May 9, 2022 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Specimen021 said:

Feels like the beginning of a toxic relationship based purely on sympathy for a person, who doesn't really deserve it. And the VA doesn't much to save it.

Not sure why you would say this if you watched it? Josee changed, learning how to be independent at the end and being honest with her feelings. Both Tsuneo and her worked hard toward their dreams while also getting in touch with one another. Not sure how that's a beginning of a toxic relationship and how Josee doesn't deserve happiness despite her efforts to change. There's no reason for Tsuneo to even love her based on sympathy when she is able to take care of herself fine now.

Specimen021 said:

I don't feel anything resembling romance in this, and I didn't come in with huge expectations. It reads as uncomfortable and mean spirited till the end.

You only really feel like this because you don't like the characters so of course you'd feel like that. I thought the romance was good because there was good buildup, progression and a satisfying outcome to the relationship. It's really rare to get a romance movie like this. To each their own I guess.
FlamingMangosMay 9, 2022 1:52 PM
May 9, 2022 2:50 PM

May 2016
FlamingMangos said:

You only really feel like this because you don't like the characters so of course you'd feel like that.

Outside of Josee, nobody really has much character to speak of. And her sole character trait is being a bit of a bitch, so yeah, not a fan.

I don't really see her progression, when instead of picking Tsuneo up from the hospital in the very end, she wanders off, just so people will panic and look for her. Including her boyfriend with a messed up leg. Leg that's messed up, because of the last time she wandered off.
It's attention seeking and a little gross.
May 15, 2022 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
Josee's immature attitude at the start was irritating but glad she toned that down with it being quite lovely to see her an Tsuneo eventually becoming each others support pillars in life. Overall bit of a cliché story but still a fine wholesome watch.

May 17, 2022 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
A drama/SoL anime movie where neither the main leads die or leave the relationship open ended? Well that's a plus in my book. Worried me a few times.

Really enjoyed the voice given to Josee, not sure what accent it is but wouldn't mind hearing more of the voice actor. Too bad she's more of a actress than a voice actor.

Overall, I did enjoy it.
Jul 8, 2022 2:02 PM
Jun 2016
I just watched this and honestly, it's one of my new favourite Anime films. It was a delight to watch.

I loved the chemistry between the two main leads, the life lessons, the animation and the ending. It was an all-around great watch and my mother really enjoyed it too.

9.5/10
Jul 9, 2022 7:54 AM

Jun 2012
I hate that I like this so much. I really can't stand either love interest.
Jul 26, 2022 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
Two Braincells Doormat MC And Manchild Cripple Girl The Anime
If the animation wasnt so good i wouldnt even give it the 6/10 i did.
Aug 1, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
Very beautiful and sometimes dramatic movie! Of course romance/drama stories are quiet often the same and you somehow know how it ends (ether optian A or option B). Nevertheless, this one is quiet well paced. I had no interest downtime while watching, something is happening all the time so its quiet good. The visuals are great, Josee is cute and equipped with a fantastic voice acting and the drama is fitting for a movie like that. Music is also great. That scene on the beach was a highlight! I really enjoyed watching all of it. It is a really good movie for the heart and you will remember it quiet a while because there are not so much movies/series like this involving someone in a wheelchair. And all this combined is leading me to give this movie a „masterpeace“ label, maybe 0,95 rating. For a movie like this I cant see what they really did wrong or could have been better. I only thought throughout the movie that the guy would take Josee to a swim/dive. You are able to swim without using your feet so why not giving her that enjoyment? But maybe that would have been just to cliche with those circumstances set before, so no minus points for that. And I only wonder how you are able to dive in Osaka bay. There must be industrial pollution everywhere, not a good spot for alot of sea life.First I thought this story takes place in Fukuoka or so. But maybe the makers of this story just know more about Osaka. ^^ Well, I definitely will watch this beautiful movie again and I sure will not forget it. It is now one of my most favourite animated movies ever. =)
Aug 10, 2022 8:20 PM
Aug 2021
10 de 10, maravilhoso!
Aug 13, 2022 1:50 AM
Feb 2021
i did not enjoy josee calling tsuneo her servant i did not like tbh it gave me reddit queen vibes so like i give this anime an 7/10
Aug 14, 2022 3:36 AM

Sep 2012
sunshjne said:
i did not enjoy josee calling tsuneo her servant i did not like tbh it gave me reddit queen vibes so like i give this anime an 7/10

What’s a Reddit queen? Lol
Aug 14, 2022 4:25 PM

May 2015
this was a whole ride of emotions 10/10
a little cliche at the end with Josee falling into his arms, but I'll let it slide *ba dum tss*
anikevinAug 14, 2022 4:35 PM
Aug 18, 2022 3:56 AM
Jan 2011
Beautiful film. i loved it
Aug 20, 2022 10:59 PM
Apr 2020
Wholesome
Wholesome
Wholesome
Aug 30, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2021

The opening song was so damn good.

Poor Josee had a rough life. Little to no parental care and affection, a physical disability, and a dull and depressing life. On top of that, she lost her doting grandma.

Hayato is a pretty funny character. Mai has feelings for Tsuneo and though I agree that she meant the best for Tsuneo but her saying all of that to Josee was harsh and unnecessary.

Man, that fucking picture-book and story-telling combo was too strong. That made me cry bruh.

Josee finally took the path of becoming a picture book illustrator. Though she was shown doing an office job in the ED. Would have liked to see her own picture books getting published.

Also, I really wanted to see Tsuneo's reaction to seeing those rare orange fish schools.

Overall, it was an amazing movie. I was already aware that it would be a sad movie but it still got me to cry lol.

I honestly loved how they depicted Josee's feelings of being helpless sometimes. Also, the interpretation of Josee being a mermaid and Tsuneo having wings was so damn good.

I really liked the animation. I know it's a movie so it was bound to have a higher budget than normal TV series but I would still like to compliment Studio Bones for the work they put into this movie.

Really enjoyed this one. 8/10 for me.

Sep 2, 2022 11:37 AM
Aug 2021
It was an emotional anime. Viewer can feel the life of both main characters. One is struggling to achieve his dream and other with her disability. The way they meet with each other and how they get connected with each other is great. I felt bad for Mai who has feeling for male protagonist but life is not fair to all afterall. In total it was a great romantic piece with great dailogues.
Sep 5, 2022 11:39 PM
Mar 2021
I really liked the movie a very nice way of seeing things at the beginning I didn't like the behavior of joseé but in fact we realize that she is a fair little girl who tries to discover the world in her own way I also liked her servant I found him a little too perfect at the beginning but I liked when he was confronted with the same point of view as Josee the way he reacted and how she gave him courage and the other girl I hated her she said some ugly things but I'm relieved that Josee won in short watch this movie it's great

Sep 22, 2022 10:35 PM
Feb 2022
beutiful kdldsld
Oct 4, 2022 12:39 AM
Dec 2020
First half was good, other half felt a bit dragged
Evan Call's OSTs are masterpiece(Check out Violet Evergarden)
Ig Bones went all out while animating this
To top it off we also get ED by Eve
Oct 4, 2022 3:24 AM
May 2021
its make me cry. i love this anime
Oct 27, 2022 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
Nice that they tried to be inclusive, but the style and way the story went, along with how the characters were put me off. Plus why is everyone is Japan portrayed as being super rude and dismissive of those in wheelchairs? lol Literally from the first scene with the gal in the chair. all in all it was just ok. 5/10 movie.
Nov 20, 2022 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
I knew nothing going into this movie, but when I saw Evan Call in the credits and I already knew I was going to like the music at the very least.

I wonder how Josee got "pushed" the first time around, when she was introduced...grandma loosing control of the wheelchair? Perhaps playing a little too much pachinko.

It was sort of sad when the grandma passed away. I'm glad it was only after their little secret outings weren't secret anymore, in a way, telling her that Josee would be just fine out in the real world.

After Tsuneo's friend wheeled him into the library for the children's book reading, I was bawling my eyes out like a big baby, snot and all. That could have also been because of my flu since I'm currently sick while watching this, but the tears were real. His friend's line about saving him when he's out of air as cool AF as well.

Josee looks like she could make it as a picture book author/illustrator with her stated goal. Simply being an "artist" was rather vague, but with knowing what exactly type of artist in her career path she wants to pursue, would make her infinity better equipped to tackle living expenses and the future.

I bet his foot/leg is going to hurt like hell the next day, with all that running in the cold and snow. My old joints, especially my knee storm an old injury still hurt whenever the temperature drops in winter. Wounds heal, but some scars stay forever, and the weather usually has a nasty way of reminding you.

I wonder if he's still able to dive or not, when Tsuneo left on the plane for Mexico.

The montage in the credits showing Josee in front of the computer screen looking miserable...is pretty accurate if she got a job at civil office. Looks like she also downsized from her grandma's place and moved into a smaller apartment. Still kind of sad to see the old traditional house get demolished though. I hope those boxes were sent later to her new place later or put into storage. Grandma's white photo frame looking better than ever with the floral border, definitely an upgrade from the more traditional depressing black frames.

If there was only one complaint I had about this movie...is that the credits were covering up the ending montage of everyone and where they are...really ruins the art, and not single thing worth screenshotting as a result. But overall, I really liked this movie...not too often do I see one set in Osaka, getting to hear so many Osaka accents from so many characters. Even more rare, is the deuteragonist character is disabled and suffers from anxiety/social awkwardness. I feel like that will resonate with a lot of people one way or another, and even if they don't, can still appreciate the well written characters where they're not just another carbon copy of another with one set of archetype personality.

The post credit scene with them together is also pretty nice. I feel bad for Mai though, since she seemed like a nice girl too. Even when she was goading Josee, it felt more like she was intentionally playing the villain in order to get Josee to see Tsuneo, as she already knew who his true feelings were for. Well, that's to be expected from not being the main heroine.

Took me until after watching the whole film to realize that "Josee" is just a nickname she gave herself, and not something unique given by her parents.
Nov 23, 2022 9:06 PM

Nov 2022
Loved it!

Wow! Asked for a recommendation in one of my clubs and I was not at all disappointed! I'm a big softy for stuff like this, and I admit I teared up a bit during the big book-reading scene.

Such a beautiful movie! Kind of at a loss for words here.. lol.
Dec 6, 2022 6:04 AM

Oct 2021
Josee probably will never be able to give a proper feet job to tsuneo (;´д`)

Well joke aside the movie was beautiful especially the animation and EVE'S song, the kid who kept leaving first was a menace tho XD. That kiss in the snow and their reunion in the end was satisfying af. 9/10
Alvie48xiDec 6, 2022 6:07 AM
Dec 22, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 2022
Better than expected!
Dec 31, 2022 3:42 PM
Dec 2022
Meaningful and beautìful story
Jan 9, 2023 6:42 PM
Dec 2022
EUEUHEUHEUHE IT SO CUTE
Jan 13, 2023 9:57 PM
Jan 2022
Una cagada asquerosa, repelente, abyecta, vomitiva, mugrosa, maldita, diarreosa, estercolera, inmunda, malnacida, pudenda, apestosa, maloliente, cabrona, maricona, huevona, pendeja, tarada, cancerígena, jodida, culeada, gilipollesca, pelotuda, encamada, malnacida, retardada, atrasada, inútil, mongola, incestuosa, burda, estúpida, insulsa, putrefacta, traicionera, indigna, chupapollas, soplahuevos, esnifacojones, gueleculo, coprofágica, masca-morrones, infecta, cerda, nauseabunda, cochambrosa, cochina, verdulera, infame, ruin, rastrera, degradada, descerebrada, zopenca, zafia, puta, engreída, esquizofrénica, granúlenla, infeliz, profana, calamitosa, deficiente, cretina, lela, ramera, fulana, calientaguevos, ridícula, petarda, pasmarote, fistro, desidiosa, puta, reputa, soputa, recontraputa, hija de puta, hija de un millón de putas, escupepitos, caradepedo, necrofílica, alientoamojón, lambe-bukaka, revuelcaleche, coñoesumadre y de su abuela, conchuda, culoroto, nalgas reventadas, tragasable, succionapitos, esfinterpartido, ojetedesilachado, sorbemocos, capulla, pelmaza, zoquete, masturbadora crónica, espuria, chupa-tampones, regluda, coprófaga, gerontofílica, turra, ojete, atorrante, tierrúa, pajúa, amamaguevos, onanista caradeconcha y MALA PELICULA.
Fuera de eso, buen prota
Jan 13, 2023 9:58 PM
Jan 2022
Una cagada asquerosa, repelente, abyecta, vomitiva, mugrosa, maldita, diarreosa, estercolera, inmunda, malnacida, pudenda, apestosa, maloliente, cabrona, maricona, huevona, pendeja, tarada, cancerígena, jodida, culeada, gilipollesca, pelotuda, encamada, malnacida, retardada, atrasada, inútil, mongola, incestuosa, burda, estúpida, insulsa, putrefacta, traicionera, indigna, chupapollas, soplahuevos, esnifacojones, gueleculo, coprofágica, masca-morrones, infecta, cerda, nauseabunda, cochambrosa, cochina, verdulera, infame, ruin, rastrera, degradada, descerebrada, zopenca, zafia, puta, engreída, esquizofrénica, granúlenla, infeliz, profana, calamitosa, deficiente, cretina, lela, ramera, fulana, calientaguevos, ridícula, petarda, pasmarote, fistro, desidiosa, puta, reputa, soputa, recontraputa, hija de puta, hija de un millón de putas, escupepitos, caradepedo, necrofílica, alientoamojón, lambe-bukaka, revuelcaleche, coñoesumadre y de su abuela, conchuda, culoroto, nalgas reventadas, tragasable, succionapitos, esfinterpartido, ojetedesilachado, sorbemocos, capulla, pelmaza, zoquete, masturbadora crónica, espuria, chupa-tampones, regluda, coprófaga, gerontofílica, turra, ojete, atorrante, tierrúa, pajúa, amamaguevos, onanista caradeconcha y MALA PELICULA. fuera d eso, buen prota
Jan 16, 2023 5:55 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Glad I wasn't the only one who felt like this was a main correlation of an older Taiga and Ryuuji from Toradora.

I feel very mixed on my feelings. The story ended up being a lot more grown up and emotionally evolving for practically the entire film and that alone was a nice change. So many films have the main character / pair only go through one major change but this felt so much more human. I almost wish it was given like a 12 episode series for them to have their whole story togeteher.

I do think there were some moments that were hyper dramatic for the groundeness this film strives for a majority of the run time. When Tsueno gets hit by the car midway through, I screamed "what in the fanfiction is this" it felt so, I hate to say cliche but it felt like it disrupted the flow of what feelings we had in the moment. Tsueno also catching her like the first time they met also felt similar. The tag along friends also felt very nothing to the story, aside from Hayato when he took Tsueno to the library to hear Josee's story. I also found the whole "servant" title oddly cramed into serious scenes *sigh*

It felt like it was close to being a very unique story through and through but it fell short in some of the transitions which was a little dissapointing.

Overall really good though, 7/10 will most likely watch again at some point.
StripesJan 17, 2023 4:41 AM
Feb 5, 2023 3:49 PM

Dec 2020
A great movie, I enjoyed it a lot, it gets a 10/10 from me.
Feb 23, 2023 11:20 AM
Aug 2020
Wholesome and beautiful story who also eflects the dark side of Japanese society and thier views towards the people who don't fet their ant colony mentality
Mar 3, 2023 6:22 PM
Nov 2017
One of the best tiny Anime ever, made me tear up, i loved it a lot and enjoyed it more than i thought i would. Amazing story and fantastic character development, beautiful audio quality and just overall a masterpiece.
Mar 4, 2023 5:25 PM
Jan 2016
subarashi mochiron kanashimashita
Mar 6, 2023 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
during its first half i was thinking that the movie was fine but it was being carried by its visuals but then when Tsuneo got hurt i was wondering, wouldnt it be interesting if he became disabled? but i dont think the movie has the guts to do that, to my surprise that was what happened an the story got much more interesting from there, Josee felt at times quite realistic, she was insecure, easy to fell into rage, like most disabled people usually are instead of the perfect anime girl type

8/10

as for Mai she suffered from the worst dissability, she wasnt a main character 
Mar 15, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2020
It was good but I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I was into the Tsundere archetype.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 24, 2023 1:28 AM

Dec 2009
It became awful at the point he became a cripple as well, and when the love triangle started and ended.

So dumb.
Motivating a love rival to regain the male protagonist's happiness of dreams out of his depression.

It was decent at first through the slow common interests, and caring for her,
but she's a dislikeable tsundere.

So spoiled, ungrateful, rude, disrespectful, dishonest and barely showed it but claims she loves him,
even though she's a pessimist who quit at everything, and never tried to help him until the bitter dislikeable love rival who never did anything for the guy either tells her to do something since she won't pick her. Including the fact that the love rival wished that he would fall for her and quit his dream.

Disgusting, overrated stupid trash. 4/10.
I should not have watched this as I had planned at some point.

Her motivating him and his later confession in the end is sweet,
but the dramatic points are ridiculous and exaggerated.
Her grandma dies, he gets in a car accident, then just like they met, he catches her before she falls off a slope.

It's nice that he can run again, and successfully goes Mexico as he dreamed, while she works in an office and draws as well in the picture credits.
There's some sweet cute scenes but their flaws as characters, the execution of plots, the forced action and the love triangle was dumb. Poorly done.
waalex11Mar 24, 2023 1:54 AM
May 17, 2023 6:40 PM
May 2022
Cute movie. Good disability rep and loved how fiesty Josee was despite it.
May 18, 2023 9:39 AM
Feb 2021
reall enjoy the ending
May 24, 2023 11:34 PM

Aug 2020
Gotta say, this puts people with disabilities and Tsunderes in a pretty bad light.
Keep scrolling
May 30, 2023 2:04 AM
Feb 2021
Zaman Gay'bı la bu ne
Jun 3, 2023 1:54 AM
Jan 2023
FUCKING AWESOME SAUCE X3
Jun 11, 2023 2:31 AM
Jul 2022
It, was, AMAZING! Really recommend this. It had me crying at some parts. You can really feel in touch with the characters and their emotions
Jun 23, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2019
Who knew going to Cancun would be so dramatic, i really thought his dreams of going to Mexico would be reduced to ashes after his accident, i thought he would be in that wheelchair for life, anyways, great story
Jun 27, 2023 1:43 PM
Jul 2019
good story, like a sugar
Jul 14, 2023 8:04 PM
Jul 2023
im in love with this movie
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which version of the story is better?

Old_School_Akira - Jun 18, 2021

16 by Kimuraa_ »»
Apr 22, 8:28 AM

» Can you suggest similar hidden gems like this?

zSlayPaladin - Jan 16, 2023

46 by the_slothes »»
Jan 14, 3:40 AM

» Question about the ending

mechian - Dec 24, 2020

28 by merope28 »»
Jan 4, 8:48 PM

» movie ending exists.. protagonists be like Run

kakarotto354 - Sep 13, 2023

5 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Sep 14, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Would you consider Josee to be one of your favourite Anime movies?

eclipsesonic - Jan 25, 2023

44 by BitChilly »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.