Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 5:32 PM
Aug 2020
LostSpectre said:
MoonDragon72 said:
Yup, this is exactly the horny teenage boy pandering garbage that I expected. A lot of people will definitely enjoy this but this just ain't for me
You forgot masochistic in there somewhere.

Lol, yeah. That's another reason why I didn't care for this. I'm not into this kind of shit.
Apr 10, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
I actually think this is cute, like Naoto’s expressions are really amazing. I love the way he reacts, he’s just so friggin adorable-

Also, I’m seeing a lot of people say that this is for masochists but it could also be for sadists if you see it from my perspective lol.
Apr 10, 2021 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
CeddyyBearr said:
Despite how I feel about the show, props to the quality of everything. It looks slick and sounds great overall. Especially the opening scenes looked amazing with the scenery.

Lelouch0202 said:
Yeah, this might not be for me. Too much straight up bullying to be funny or amusing to me, especially when the MC clearly doesn't like it. Though judging from the end, am I supposed to believe he will secretly start to like being bullied?

The reaction faces are good but I guess this is a show for the niche of people who can get off to it.

I second this, A lot of people praising it, but right now I just don't see the appeal in it at all. Didn't help that I was expecting similar things like Takagi, but that feels like innocent teasing now compared to the bullying showcased here.

Here's hoping that the "bullying" becomes teasing later on, cause if it stays the way it is, I don't think I can see all of it.
The beginning is just to shock you, she's actually a pretty disappointing sadist.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 2021 5:44 PM
Mar 2021
This is very interesting. I like the expression on Nagatoro's face when bullying her seniors, but sometimes I get annoyed at Nagatoro's behavior. Okay, this is fine imo and should I read the manga?
Apr 10, 2021 5:44 PM

Feb 2018
"Talking with you and stuff", like, what the hell? Did they have any interaction besides him being bullied to tears by Nagatoro? Is there gonna be any comfortable to watch interaction between them? Real question.
Also, since seeing that meme with Eddy and Nagatoro I can't unsee that.

MirjanVersia said:
I actually think this is cute, like Naoto’s expressions are really amazing. I love the way he reacts, he’s just so friggin adorable-

Also, I’m seeing a lot of people say that this is for masochists but it could also be for sadists if you see it from my perspective lol.

Bruh.
BlblblblApr 10, 2021 5:50 PM
Apr 10, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Blblblbl said:
"Talking with you and stuff", like, what the hell? Did they have any interaction besides him being bullied to tears by Nagatoro? Is there gonna be any comfortable to watch interaction between them? Real question.

MirjanVersia said:

Bruh.

I mean if that’s the way you feel, then that’s the way you feel- I’ll admit a few parts were a bit much though. Sorry if you find my perspective weird~ I completely get where you’re coming from and it’s definitely not for everyone lol.
Apr 10, 2021 6:16 PM
Apr 2020
I loved it nagatoro best girl
Apr 10, 2021 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Blblblbl said:
He just meant interacting with her, he's not a masochist or anything, just a complete loner, I'm sure he would prefer if she didn't bully him. As for your question, the first couple of interactions are misleading, she isn't nearly as sadistic as she's originally presented to be.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 2021 6:35 PM

Feb 2018
LostSpectre said:
Blblblbl said:
He just meant interacting with her, he's not a masochist or anything, just a complete loner, I'm sure he would prefer if she didn't bully him. As for your question, the first couple of interactions are misleading, she isn't nearly as sadistic as she's originally presented to be.

Good, I hope so, since I liked other things in ep1, thank.

MirjanVersia said:
Blblblbl said:

Bruh.

I mean if that’s the way you feel, then that’s the way you feel- I’ll admit a few parts were a bit much though. Sorry if you find my perspective weird~ I completely get where you’re coming from and it’s definitely not for everyone lol.

More about your "so quirky" energy, but understandable, have a nice day.
Apr 10, 2021 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD! SUPER BULLY!
so this is the show everyone is talking about!?!?
already controversial?!?!?
5/5.

Apr 10, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2020
some of the reviews and other comments absolutely disgust me so let me share my opinion.
before watching the first episode i knew nothing about this anime so that's that. from what i know now, the male mc is a very very introverted person likes to write mangas and got bullied because of it in the past. it's understandable that he's scared of other people.
the female mc is a younger student who makes fun of him in a way that is very concerning to me actually. also the fact that a 15-16 year old is getting sexualized this much is making the anime very hard to watch for me.
i'm just curious on how the relationship between them will develop and i'd also like to know more about nagatoro's past to be honest.
other than that i really like the animation and the soundtrack so far, so i won't drop it for now and see how everything goes.
on another note: everyone who is being racist or sexualizes any of the characters deserves a place in hell

chw___2May 13, 2021 4:14 AM
Apr 10, 2021 6:47 PM
Jul 2020
LostSpectre said:
krulteps said:
some of the reviews and other comments absolutely disgust me so let me share my opinion.
before watching the first episode i knew nothing about this anime so that's that. from what i know now, the male mc is a very very introverted person likes to write mangas and got bullied because of it in the past. it's understandable that he's scared of other people.
the female mc is a younger student who makes fun of him in a way that is very concerning to me actually. also the fact that a 15-16 year old is getting sexualized this much is making the anime very hard to watch for me.
i'm just curious on how the relationship between them will develop and i'd also like to know more about nagatoro's past to be honest.
other than that i really like the animation and the soundtrack so far, so i won't drop it for now and see how everything goes.
on another note: everyone who is being racist or sexualizes any of the characters deserves a place in hell
There's literally nothing interesting about a fictional teenager being sexualized, if it was a real actress you might at least have a semblance of a point.

teenager is still a teenager and if you don't agree that's pretty concerning actually
Apr 10, 2021 6:55 PM
Mar 2020
Everyone is complaining that she is black lmaoo I dont know if it's a joke but I was really funny to see people being mad about that.
For me it was kinda uncomfortable to watch not because of nagatoro but because of the male protagonist lol
Apr 10, 2021 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
well i watched it and it was fine this seems like one of those mangas that gets big due to it's meme worthy expressions and their good but i don't even know what this senpai teasing genre that's been slowly growing is, it it just made for them hardcore masochist that always joke about wanting to be step on lol

i'm even more confused by this thread people baiting about pedo meanwhile others going on about twitter this twitter that the hell is going on MAL

at first i was like this is sorta mean but not that bad then she made em cry and like damn what is up with this girl going that hard on the poor dude didn't help hes been programed to be like the most pushovers of pushovers well i guess it's one way of getting a bit of some backbone having to deal with this level of verbal abuse
Apr 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
BillyGGruff said:

Last I checked, drying someones tears and giving them a handkerchief is a nice thing to do. Jesus, the pretzels people got to fold themselves in to be offended by her actions, good grief.

Lets call call a spade a spade shall we? Giving a handkerchief to provide some comfort and empathy to a griefing one is one thing. Handing a handkerchief to clean someone else's tears that were direct product of bullying and getting in someone else comfort zone is straight up disrespectful and condescending.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the show is about teasing male MC to the point of breaking him. But don't come out with some mental gymnastics trying to pass up patronizing and humilliating behaviour as "being nice". I bet if the roles were reversed, the audience would be carrying torches and pitchforks because a guy made a frail girl cry (and it happened plenty of times in shows like Fruits Basket)

BillyGGruff said:

Yeah he's got social anxiety, but he's ALSO clearly attracted to the girl and is into what she's doing. You'd have to be blind to not see him reciprocating what she's putting down. He explicitly says as much through words AND actions in the first episode. This isn't even subtext here.

Yeah, but Nagatoro isn't some sort of certified therapist. I'm pretty sure if someone bullied you back in highschool in the same way under the excuse to make you come out of your shell with though love, you'd be pretty pissed off even if you felt some weird attraction toward your bully.
KimurahApr 10, 2021 7:13 PM
Apr 10, 2021 7:13 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Man she is so annoying...
I'm sure by the end of this MC will probably appreciate this all. Maybe they end up dating?
Apr 10, 2021 7:25 PM
Mar 2021
I thought it was really good. Never read the manga, but i think I’ll enjoy it.
Apr 10, 2021 7:28 PM

Nov 2017
This girl reminds me of Taiga.

Anyway, the animation was pretty good
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 10, 2021 7:32 PM
Aug 2020
Making someone cry while teasing them is straight bullying for me. That was rough against our MC. Besides that, I look forward to see the development of these two (if there will be anyone) and hoping this will become one of the best shows of this season.

Animation great, nothing to complain about.

Let's see where this goes.
Apr 10, 2021 7:47 PM
Mar 2021
WhEN NAotO-sEnPAi is SUs
Apr 10, 2021 8:06 PM

Nov 2016
Crext said:
FMmatron said:
This was as amusing as expected. Just hope it won't grow stale.

I'd say this show, if going by the manga, is more of a slow burn to take off then getting greater later on. So if you already like it I don't see why it would get worse.

Again, without going into spoilers, the addition of a certain character in the co-star section tells me we'll get some rather great scenes down the line, as they'll be going quite far into the manga with some very juicy bits.

I see. Switching up dynamic( what I've gathered from other comments) and adding new characters should be enough. Thanks for the heads up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2021 8:10 PM
Dec 2020
I really have nothing good to say about the characters here. Neither one made me curious as to where they were going or where they came from. Our bland b*tch protagonist vs hyperc*nt love interest(?) dynamic is, well, not enjoyable. If you want to tell a story of growth, show me IN THE FIRST EPISODE that growth is possible and what direction it may take. There is no growth possible here. She will continue to torture him, and he will continue to cry. This isn't fun for me. Dropped.
Apr 10, 2021 8:30 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad to finally get to experience this series after I’ve heard so much good stuff about it, and I was very pleased by it! It feels like a mix of elements from Takagi and Uzaki, and it works really well imo, love all of Nagatoro’s expressions lol, and I already like the MC a lot, can’t wait to see how their relationship develops throughout the show. And that OP at the end, very very good, definitely gonna be jamming to it.
Apr 10, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this was a sick start! Very enjoyable plot and i do like where this is going, and for sure at the new of the season, our mc will be a completely different person.

Also, can't wait for all the controversies from this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 10, 2021 8:47 PM
Sep 2020
So far so good, yes I hope it doesn't disappoint for the next eps
Apr 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Apr 2020
I just woke up from my 1-week (episode forum) slumber, and hey I haven't watched the episode yet. Dear me!

But seriously, I have read atleast the first chapters of the manga to know what this episode covers. This is going to be a wild ride for many, and I'll see if I can hop in this ride later down the season.

Let's be honest, Nagatoro loves the dude, although the dude is really wack.

Apr 10, 2021 8:55 PM
May 2016
Great stuff, she's so sweet to help her senpai when all the other girls just laughed at him and left. I hope he appreciates her eventually.
Apr 10, 2021 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
Meh. I know it gets better as it goes on but not the biggest fan of this first episode and I found nagatoro to be annoying as of right now. (I know she gets better)

Apr 10, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
krulteps said:
LostSpectre said:
There's literally nothing interesting about a fictional teenager being sexualized, if it was a real actress you might at least have a semblance of a point.

teenager is still a teenager and if you don't agree that's pretty concerning actually
No an anime drawing of a teenager is not an actual, literal human teenager, you fucking mongoloid.
Apr 10, 2021 9:05 PM
Sep 2019
I really like the manga I'm already up to chapter 66 and I only started it a day ago and it is very much a piece of art whoever help create the show is a pure genius I wish they had more mangas and animes like this I like how nagatoro has the crazy expression on her face like she is a lunatic and then one minute she's back to being all cute and caring I hope they make more than one season out of this great manga because us fans will definitely appreciate it as well as watch it
Apr 10, 2021 9:23 PM

Mar 2016
Obviously not happy with the level of teasing/bullying going on here, but I'm quite interested in seeing how it develops from here on. Especially since it seems that later on Senpai will actually develop some self-confidence and eventually put his foot down.

As for the show itself, holy **** was it beautiful! The scenery at the intro sequence, the colouring (especially during the sunset scenes) and the mix of standard, quick-comedic, and super smooth animation in the episode and the ED were something I definitely hope keeps up. Just wonder how many different facial expressions we'll see Nagatoro pull throughout this season xD
Apr 10, 2021 9:30 PM

Jul 2020
pretty average rom com where the mc is loser then the girl is teasing him. 3/5 for this episode.
Apr 10, 2021 9:32 PM

Sep 2020
You know, I think this might the best one of this season after one episode. I hate that girl and I hate that this could be my favorite show this season but goddamn is it really good. It's way too soon to say but out of everything I've watched this is super entertaining.

Apr 10, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
The adaptation is perfect so far. If you didn't read the manga, trust me, their relationship keeps getting better later on.
Apr 10, 2021 9:40 PM
Mar 2015
she is such a mean bully
Apr 10, 2021 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
We need the adaptation of the Vampire one.
Apr 10, 2021 9:44 PM
Sep 2020
The Teasing Master Takagi-san Remake looks controversial oh my...

Never in my life I find bullying enjoyable, and here I am looking forward to see how this goes.
Apr 10, 2021 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
pretty decent first episode, lots of funny moments and stuff. seems like this'll be a pretty interesting and enjoyable romance/comedy.
Apr 10, 2021 10:05 PM

Jan 2020
MegamiRem said:
This was quite an amusing premise. Nagatoro's a really amusing character, the contrast between her bullying and affection is kinda appealing for some reason. Senpai's a wimp but he'll slowly man up as the story progresses.

I'm happy to be finally able to watch Nagatoro anime, been reading the manga since it had like 10 chapters and I liked it quite a lot. Already knew it from the PVs but special thanks to Uesaki Sumire for nailing Nagatoro's voice.

As for those who are worried about Nagatoro's character don't be. She's not annoying af like Uzaki, she's more like Takagi san but the teasing is way higher level than hers for sure. The story becomes a lot wholesome later on so I'm looking forward to seeing those chapters adapted.

Tbh, I already find this show a bit more annoying than Uzaki chan, and that’s mainly because of the male protagonist. I’ll watch this but I don’t really see the appeal because I didn’t find it funny. Maybe my sense of humour is dead or something...
Oh well, at least it’s watchable unlike rent a girlfriend
Apr 10, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
Having read a few random chapters of the manga, it's weird to see it animated xD.

Nagatoro is so horrible... I love her lol. Seriously, she's mean but she's so fun to watch, like with Uzaki, her VA (Sumire Uesaka in this case) is a perfect fit.

Also surprised by how good the anime looks, I wasn't expecting this quality. Even the OP which is sung by her is awesome.
Apr 10, 2021 10:33 PM
Jul 2020
i've been seeing this manga but i didn't have the time to actually read it; I'm pretty fucking sure that this will be a pretty epic season
Apr 10, 2021 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
The MC is very un-relatable and somewhat unrealistic and the sole purpose of "Senpai"'s existence is to let the plot go on. There seems to be some attempt of character development with the childhood flashbacks but feels rushed. Unrealistic and the voice acting is somewhat irritating with his overreaction to basically everything. The first few minutes were just a pain to go through. Though Nagatoro's character on the other hand was great. Still looking forward to the next ep. Hope this "virgin", klutz personality gets less repetitive.
Apr 10, 2021 11:01 PM
Dec 2019
Kimurah said:
BillyGGruff said:

Last I checked, drying someones tears and giving them a handkerchief is a nice thing to do. Jesus, the pretzels people got to fold themselves in to be offended by her actions, good grief.

Lets call call a spade a spade shall we? Giving a handkerchief to provide some comfort and empathy to a griefing one is one thing. Handing a handkerchief to clean someone else's tears that were direct product of bullying and getting in someone else comfort zone is straight up disrespectful and condescending.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the show is about teasing male MC to the point of breaking him. But don't come out with some mental gymnastics trying to pass up patronizing and humilliating behaviour as "being nice". I bet if the roles were reversed, the audience would be carrying torches and pitchforks because a guy made a frail girl cry (and it happened plenty of times in shows like Fruits Basket)

BillyGGruff said:

Yeah he's got social anxiety, but he's ALSO clearly attracted to the girl and is into what she's doing. You'd have to be blind to not see him reciprocating what she's putting down. He explicitly says as much through words AND actions in the first episode. This isn't even subtext here.

Yeah, but Nagatoro isn't some sort of certified therapist. I'm pretty sure if someone bullied you back in highschool in the same way under the excuse to make you come out of your shell with though love, you'd be pretty pissed off even if you felt some weird attraction toward your bully.

Dude, you're one of the most smart guy i've seen in MAL, especially in the part where you said you like the story bc of the teasing/bullying part, and didnt try to justify the bullying with "but she likes him" or something. Mad respect for you man.
Apr 10, 2021 11:03 PM
Mar 2019
not funny, didn't laugh
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 10, 2021 11:10 PM
Jan 2021
I really loved it just cause of the bulling factor but then they kinda like each other lmao
Apr 10, 2021 11:14 PM
Dec 2020
This one funny ass anime 😂🔥👍🏻🤣❤️
Apr 10, 2021 11:16 PM
Sep 2016
I actually expect this to be like another Uzaki adaptation, which I dislike.... I was wrong, Nagatoro's adaptation is top notch.
Nagatoro has a lot of movements and gestures in the manga, so her animation specifically needs to be done really-really good, otherwise it would ruin the anime adaptation. And by he look of this EP and the ED, they did them justice.
It's been such a long time since I've read the first few chaps of the manga, i actually forget most of them. So watching them animated like this would feel like reading/watching a new title altogether, kinda refreshing.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 10, 2021 11:29 PM

Aug 2020
Jumping right into it, Nagatoro's anime debut starts out with a bang! They did a really good job adapting the source material, Nagatoro's just as mean and sadistic as she was on paper. They've given Senpai more of a cartoony flair though, with his over the top reaction to Nagatoro's teasing and cartwheeling into a river. It's a nice touch, and fits in pretty well. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this anime plays out, especially when they get to a *certain* beach scene.
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Apr 10, 2021 11:32 PM

Jul 2020
So Takagi-san but with a more shitbag main girl and an infinitely more stupid and ball-less MC.

7/10 so far because it can make you laugh, but not even Kazuya from Kanojo Okarishimasu was so desperating and irritating. This is SSJ level omega MC
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Apr 10, 2021 11:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
THOSE EXPRESSIONS!!!

I didn't exactly understand the hype before, but I understand it now. This little lady is a little SAVAGE and is super brutal. Seems like she's making fun of his reactions rather than him himself. Anyhow, I'm one of the weird ones and I'd let her bully me all day baby

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by curvedtree »»
May 3, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.