Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2021 6:58 AM
Jun 2020
I understood all but what happened at the end was unclear.
Liked everything but how did kirei survive and what happened at the the end?
Was kirei and Shirou still alive or the ending was fictional?
Apr 8, 2021 7:23 AM

Mar 2021
Spoilers**

yea the anime makes things unclear. Kirei is not alive but basically Illya grabbed shirou's soul before it reached the root, but since his body was destroyed by being overwhelmed with archer's power, his soul had no body. There is a small part where Touko Aozaki (from a different Type Moon work) makes a cameo. She is a magus who specializes in making puppets. At one point she even makes an identical puppet of herself and can transfer her mind/soul between herself and the puppet with no differences. But she basically makes a puppet body for shirou, and his soul is able to be moved into it. So that is why you see him again in the end. It is pretty complicated (the whole thing is really) but this is as simple as I could try to make it. the HF movies leave a lot of context out so for people experiencing for the first time there is bound to be plenty of confusion.
All the stars in the sky await you!
Apr 8, 2021 7:53 AM
Jun 2019
Illya used the third true magic: Heaven's feel, which is the materialization of the human soul to save Shirou's soul, which was then transferred to a puppet body since his original body was destroyed.
Apr 9, 2021 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
Ainosora said:
Sakura was regaining control near the end so I assumed Sakura purposefully didn't kill Kirei just like Rin but her mind was a mess so she thought she killed them. Vn readers probably know better but that's my take.

Rin didnt die because she was lucky. Her injury was like a stab wound. Her wounds from the first fight in the movie were more serious.

Kirei is just that badass. He lived without a heart for a whole day.
Apr 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2019
Ainosora said:
Sakura was regaining control near the end so I assumed Sakura purposefully didn't kill Kirei just like Rin but her mind was a mess so she thought she killed them. Vn readers probably know better but that's my take.

Not exactly, Sakura destroyed Kirei's heart, and she can torture him by destroying his organs as well.
Apr 9, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:

Kirei is just that badass. He lived without a heart for a whole day.
Damn right, real man don't need a heart to live!
Apr 9, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2019
The answer to Kirei surviving is something like this:

After dying to Kiritsugu in Fate/Zero the grail revived him with a black heart (because Gilgamesh can't be corrupted, and also because Kirei accepted the corrupted nature of the Grail). That black heart is a connection to the grail. He could live after the 4th war due to the Grail giving him constantly a bit of its magical energy (he can't use this for magecraft), so when Sakura destroyed his black heart, a countdown began (similar to when Shirou uses Archer's arm for the first time), and when the magical energy of the grail he had left runs out, he dies (before punching Shirou in the final fight).

I'm not 100% sure about everything, so don't take it completely as facts.
Karnox001Apr 9, 2021 10:42 AM
Apr 9, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
To add some more info, in UBW Kirei doesnt die by Lancer's spear. It is the fire that kills him.
Apr 9, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
To add some more info, in UBW Kirei doesnt die by Lancer's spear. It is the fire that kills him.
Really? Are you sure about that? I don't remember anything about it.
Apr 9, 2021 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
Karnox001 said:
ssjokg said:

Lancer says it "I will take him with me". And yes we all thought it was a cool line at first but Nasu confirmed, i think in the UBW anime booklets.
Apr 10, 2021 4:26 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Karnox001 said:

Lancer says it "I will take him with me". And yes we all thought it was a cool line at first but Nasu confirmed, i think in the UBW anime booklets.

Oh I see, so he was still barely alive. It's never too late to learn new things.
Apr 15, 2021 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
I played the novel, and i can tell you without a doubt that they managed to screw up even an almost perfect ending by making it incomprehensible. Context was needed, Rin's return from England, her exchanging a few words with Taiga and Sakura, meeting Shirou again, Rin's final question to Sakura. All this was handled terribly. I also expected New Dawn in the very last frames. Felt like those who made this movie didn't play the Vn at all, and the ending was handled in a cringey way.
Apr 18, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2019
flo7 said:
I played the novel, and i can tell you without a doubt that they managed to screw up even an almost perfect ending by making it incomprehensible. Context was needed, Rin's return from England, her exchanging a few words with Taiga and Sakura, meeting Shirou again, Rin's final question to Sakura. All this was handled terribly. I also expected New Dawn in the very last frames. Felt like those who made this movie didn't play the Vn at all, and the ending was handled in a cringey way.

So I don't feel as strongly as you but as an anime-only I understood what happened. However after the last scene I thought, wow this whole epilogue must've been great in the VN. Essentially resuscitating Shirou through the puppet must've been very emotional and I would've loved to hear what was going on inside of Sakura's mind after everything she did.

They really glossed over everything, it seemed like a wasted opportunity to end the movie with beautiful insight from the characters instead of just pretty slides...
Apr 28, 2021 8:29 AM

May 2015
Yeah the ending is very rushed so no wonder it left most people (including myself) pretty confused, but overall it's 9/10. I really wanted to give it 10/10 if not for that rushed ending...
Mar 29, 4:46 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to Miyushiki
Spoilers**

yea the anime makes things unclear. Kirei is not alive but basically Illya grabbed shirou's soul before it reached the root, but since his body was destroyed by being overwhelmed with archer's power, his soul had no body. There is a small part where Touko Aozaki (from a different Type Moon work) makes a cameo. She is a magus who specializes in making puppets. At one point she even makes an identical puppet of herself and can transfer her mind/soul between herself and the puppet with no differences. But she basically makes a puppet body for shirou, and his soul is able to be moved into it. So that is why you see him again in the end. It is pretty complicated (the whole thing is really) but this is as simple as I could try to make it. the HF movies leave a lot of context out so for people experiencing for the first time there is bound to be plenty of confusion.
@Miyushiki is it showed in anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

518 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:45 PM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.