Forum Settings
Forums
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2021 11:46 PM

May 2016
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This volume is E P I C.

Angry Rimiru is kinda hot ngl. Rimiru finally completed his next stage of evolution into the ultimate slime. Not to mention the best girl Ciel who is OP af. This volume is full of fighting and it was a pain in the ass to read 700+ pages of constant battle. Well, it solved a lot of mysteries revolving around Rudra and Masayuki. And we also got to see the faces of the true villains. Though it surprised me a bit when Diablo admitted that it was impossible for him to beat the Phantom King.

The author takes inspiration from a lot of series I guess. The Velgrynd x Rudra ending reminded me of the series Tsubasa Chronicles where the protagonist travels through space & time, through multiple dimensions in search of the soul fragments of their loved one. He can even write a spin off of Velgrynds adventures now lol.
AngelofFrostJul 29, 2021 11:58 PM

Apr 17, 2022 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
(As long as Rudra's power is at his disposal, even the Dragon Race is at his dis-
posal, as evidenced by the fact that even I.... I was, what was I thinking...)

velgrynd being controlled by rudra, F
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Nov 23, 2022 11:31 AM
Jul 2016
I only just started book 15, but this power creep is getting a little carried away. It's making DBZ look like it has restraint. The line was crossed when it claimed Gazel was more powerful than the 3 named demoness primals. Oh, and of course that, compared to several thousands of people from the Empire (and apparently from the western nations as well), the level of "true demon lord" look like nothing. It's like every single character now is Calamity class at least. Remember when an "enlightened" human was almost unheard of and considered as powerful as a demon lord? Well, remember Dolph? Apparently, HE'S enlightened now. This is just stupid. It's one thing to bring in a bunch of people from the Eastern Empire and say they're all so super-powered that the Free Guild's scale can't properly measure them, but it's a completely other thing to go and say "Oh, yeah, there have been TONS of humans in the West that meet that criteria too, including Dolph, who couldn't do a thing against Charybdis earlier."
Jan 6, 2023 7:40 AM
Sep 2008
Kaylakaze said:
I only just started book 15, but this power creep is getting a little carried away. It's making DBZ look like it has restraint. The line was crossed when it claimed Gazel was more powerful than the 3 named demoness primals. Oh, and of course that, compared to several thousands of people from the Empire (and apparently from the western nations as well), the level of "true demon lord" look like nothing. It's like every single character now is Calamity class at least. Remember when an "enlightened" human was almost unheard of and considered as powerful as a demon lord? Well, remember Dolph? Apparently, HE'S enlightened now. This is just stupid. It's one thing to bring in a bunch of people from the Eastern Empire and say they're all so super-powered that the Free Guild's scale can't properly measure them, but it's a completely other thing to go and say "Oh, yeah, there have been TONS of humans in the West that meet that criteria too, including Dolph, who couldn't do a thing against Charybdis earlier."
i think you’r confusing enlightened with saint. Saints are rare and comparable to true demon lords, while enlightened are comparable to demon lord seeds (such as Karion and Frey). And remember, even Frey was afraid of Charybdis and had to rely on Milim.
Tho ur right about the power scales being confusing and crossing the line.. i especially detest the whole existence value idea
deadwormJan 6, 2023 7:44 AM
Jan 6, 2023 8:17 AM
Jul 2016
deadworm said:
Tho ur right about the power scales being confusing and crossing the line.. i especially detest the whole existence value idea

That's fair. Maybe I am. It just seems like we have a ton of humans that are "calamity" tier.
I did love the rest of the book though after the first chapter.
Jan 20, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 2020

Exactly how I feel. I really can't be sure about it given the actually absurd amount of characters at this point, but I swear it feels like Character's power levels rise just enough so the fight is somewhat close, even if it doesn't make much sense. I liked the scene with Rimuru becoming a True Dragon but I just don't see how he could fight Velgrynd and Veldora at once. More than that, the defeat in vol 14 feels so manufactured when in vol 15 - before Ciel even helped out - everyone kind of started destroying the Empire.

More topics from this board

» Units of Measurements

AK-TheQuark - Mar 27, 2022

2 by Garrypyton »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:40 AM

» WN readers help!

Chanki_33 - Sep 17, 2023

6 by kasra2494 »»
Sep 18, 2023 1:05 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

7 by removed-user »»
Jun 22, 2023 7:03 AM

» Is this in first person or third person?

Cneq - Nov 27, 2022

1 by ChouunShiryuu »»
Nov 27, 2022 6:25 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Volume 13 Discussion

AngelofFrost - Mar 31, 2021

6 by Rubrick25 »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.