Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 21, 2021 5:05 AM
Nov 2020
Recent episodes has been kinda meh lately IMO,
Hope the final 2 episodes will make it up :)
Mar 21, 2021 6:09 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Felt really bittersweet watching the episode after finishing the last chapter of the manga. It feels good to see these characters for 2 more episodes or more if we get a second season.

Loved the interactions of the squad it's very relaxing and Iura is goodest boi and bro. Sawada was also great this episode being all afraid of Iura and shit lmao. That teacher was pretty crap for saying that to Moto instead of motivating her. But, best bro is here to support his lil sis.

Feels pretty exciting not knowing what chapters they'll adapt since they just adapt whatever the fuck they wanna adapt lmao. Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 21, 2021 7:09 AM

Sep 2017
Ngl I completely forgot this guy existed. Probably because he has been sidelined by the massive amount of skipped chapters.
Mar 21, 2021 7:51 AM
Jan 2021
Dang, Last week I was hoping for more Yanagi, Iura, and Sawada. And I got what I wanted, lucky!!!
Mar 21, 2021 9:10 AM
Jun 2015
axel360 said:
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.

I feel that this episode had a very sudden shift... Felt confused for the first half... Like, where are all these characters popping up from?
Mar 21, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2011
Really loved the content of this episode, it made me forget last weeks', making me warm to the series again.

Very realistic sibling interaction, but it's clear Iura is an awesome big bro.
Mar 21, 2021 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
Finally Shuu focus episode...
I like the development between him and Motoko..

I like the conversation about Keigo or non Keigo...
That was interesting...

I see bunch of people hate episode about the side characters...
You didn't find the side characters interesting at all?

I'm really glad the side characters got some development...
Even though the shows it's called Horimiya, but isn't just about both of them...
Friends are also important...
Mar 21, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
For fuck sake, can this show stop introducing new side characters every episode and just focus on the ones it already has? We have some interesting ones in there that could do with some actual development (and no, I'm not counting Sawada here as she's not a good or interesting character imo), but no let's introduce some random person every episode and hope the audience actually still cares by the end. This is yet another failing of this show that comes down to inept directing, both in terms of pacing the actual content and actually ordering things in a way that makes it make sense. For example, why couldn't we have had more of the side characters in the early stage of the show and build Hori and Miyamura's relationship more slowly on the side, rather than speedrunning through all their meaningful developments and running out of things to do with them as has very clearly happened now?

CloverWorks have dropped the ball hard on both their main shows this season. The only consolation this week is that Hori doesn't interact with Miyamura so we don't get any of her toxicity this week.
Mar 21, 2021 10:05 AM

Mar 2010
Loudest episode. Everyone seemed to be yelling lol
Mar 21, 2021 10:12 AM

Dec 2017
axel360 said:
Anyone else slowly starting to lose interest in this show? Not that it's bad; it's just getting closer and closer to "meh" for me.

You are definitely the only one. It went hard the first 6-ish episodes. I was really enjoying myself back then, but now I've kinda lost interest. The comedy had a much more natural flow, but now I feel like it's more forced.
CevoyMar 21, 2021 10:16 AM
Mar 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2017
Shu is such an awesome character because he's so breezy and carefree but he's not irresponsible or unreliable; he's serious and sincere when he needs to be, like when Motoko needed him. He provides a lot of great comedic moments too!
Mar 21, 2021 12:20 PM

Apr 2020
This episode was kind of all over the place on the first half as we see our group of characters emssing around and incorporating the (HOT-blooded and graced) Akane into their sphere. We also had some bit of Sawada again as she tries to understand a person called "Shuu", and at the end she fails because he's just too loud. And I agree with you Sakura, his timing is a bit wrong and annoying. Oh and um I never thought we can get a TSUNDERE IZUMI, that caught me off-guard!!!

But speaking of Shuu, he owns this episode along with his little sister Motoko. I never knew I could relate to Shuu with its funny and clownish outside with an introverted and calm inside, and he also has one imouto like me. And when he interacts with his sis, especially when Motoko broke down with her slipping grades, we see the true person that Shuu is...and I love it and I almost cried because of it.

It was nice that even for one episode we got to see Shuu's character developed, and hopefully he can continue supporting his sister and still be a good lad to everyone. Also lemme just say, MOTOKO IS CUTE AS AN ANGEL...that's just about it.

Also enjoy some screenshots coming up:

Mar 21, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2016
Eh, this episode was alright. I completely forgot about Iura and the fact they made episode 11 mostly about his sister is very strange. Obviously there was some skipping of the source material, but I hope episodes 12 and 13 aren't convoluted and rushed since they wasted an episode slot late in the season on a character we don't know about imo
Mar 21, 2021 1:26 PM
Sep 2020
axel360 said:

I feel the same. I hope the last two episodes are much better.
Mar 21, 2021 2:57 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was so boring
Mar 21, 2021 3:43 PM

Oct 2020
All the different character centered episodes are cute and all but I really hope we can actually see more of Hori and Miyamura's relationship. Otherwise it wouldn't really be "Horimiya".
Mar 21, 2021 4:48 PM
Nov 2019
I'm usually ok with side story lines but doing it with only 2 more episodes to go in the series? It felt like a filler episode and a bit unnecessary.
Mar 21, 2021 10:10 PM

Apr 2018
Damn I wish i had friends like that in college. That 2nd part with Shuu and his sister's backstory was cute.
Mar 22, 2021 1:43 AM

May 2018
Iura is best bro :)
Mar 22, 2021 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
Shuu's little sister is really sweet. This episode was really touching and emotional.
Mar 22, 2021 1:58 AM
Mar 2018
Today's episode focusing on Iura and siblings.

Shuu and his little sister is such an understandable relationship, and see Shuu being quiet but caring for only his sister is so touching. Each character is so lovable, can't imagine this anime not getting a season 2.

Mar 22, 2021 4:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, more of the side characters slice of their lifes, eh? Snowing background again, they really like that visual, really xd. Shuu and Akane. I am kinda confused how they managed to considered Yanagi as their group member. Not long until how they depicted more of his dynamical lines in the middle of the boys talk, and elses. I see he still considered Yuuki more than everyone with his interaction. Then, the way Miyamura-kun responded Yanagi action in the beginning of his group entering, just lol.

Also, finally they revealed more of the green haired boy, Shuu, sol with his one and only little sister. The way Sawada depicted that boy and his little change, actually cute. Unfortunately its back to the normal behaviour again and crushed the good moment Sawada has been built up. Lol. Despite his loud and annoying personality, he could be more tolerable cool and awesome against his little sister problem. Thats sweet af. Its been a long time not seeing that kind of dynamical relationship, y'know, that thing. So i am legitimately call this one as a fuckin great episode.

Unfortunately, there's only two more episode, and Shuu was not even an important supporting character. So, yeah, bye-bye, i guess!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 22, 2021 5:15 AM

Nov 2014
well it seems this episode rather focused on Iura since he still had any highlight recently... plus few Yanagi's part

Just realizing that a lot of them were a single child surprising Iura with his happy- go demeanor actually got a lil sis. Even more surprisingly he actually very calm and silent in the house. Yanagi being lil bit stiff around the gang.. and Iura just jumping out and easily get along to him like that with his loud easygoing personality ... haha everyone really jealous of his personality..l Yanagi also blushing when he realized he actually relaxed toward Yuki.

Miyamura getting awkwardly blushing and adorably pissed off when Yanagi told him he won't take "her" haha....
In the end they actually getting along with each other. Even Sakura felt surprised looking at them.

Poor Iura for becoming the only Male from the gang that got bad sentiment from Sawada coz of he is being loud XD. Well after helping her at least she sees Iura as a great person even she didn't realized that he was silenced before because of sore throat haha...in the end he's back to his loud personality XD.

Last part telling about Iura & his lil sis, Motoko life. Poor Motoko after all the hardworks she has done getting those bad remarks and demotivation from her teacher according her choosen school. Despite of his goofyness and loudness Shu(Iura) actually really care for his lil sis, he now that she already works very hard on studying. In the end He asked Hori to teach his lil sis for the entrance exam. Hori directly realized how he really love and caring about his sister and vice versa when She's doing the tutoring.

Oh.. man.. they really skipped chapter 63-64.. i didn't expecting it. Now i'm really sure that they only adapting it in one go/ one season. The chapters that adapted in this episode were more even jumbled and a lot more chapters got skipped. Straightly adapting chapter 76(only few beginning parts) and 75 in order respectively. Then directly jumped to ch 103(Sawada's part with Iura) and ended with back to whole chapter 91 (Iura & his sister part).

Based on this fact i think they just adapted this for 1 season only and for celebrating the Manga getting finished i guess... well 2 more episodes to go.. can't wait to finishing it soon like i did in the manga few days ago too..
well ....really excited for the next episode :D
Mar 22, 2021 9:19 AM

Jan 2021
All safe and sound and another good slice of life episode :)))
Mar 22, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2011
As an anime-only viewer, I feel like they are all over the place and poorly adapting the manga. I feel so sorry for the manga readers.

Like, I'm still interested in watching, but why was Shuu's backstory necessary? We barely saw him the entire series and now we are supposed to care about him and his little sister for 3/4 of an episode? I would have honestly preferred more Yanagi content because at least it adds some comedic stuff with the rest of the cast.
Mar 22, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2008
Iura is an interesting fellow, despite his appearances.

Iura's concern for his sister is touching. But really, teachers ought to be able to act a bit more tactfully. I hope everything works out for the smaller Iura.
Mar 22, 2021 6:46 PM
May 2019
This episode felt different. I liked it. But it started off kinda slow and it ended on a cliffhanger. Really hope to see more of Iura and his relationship with his sister. Also was great we got to see Honoka again.
Mar 23, 2021 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
quite refreshing to see Iura siblings!
thou they are opposite personalities! the brother is very caring to his little sister.
5/5.

Mar 23, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2020
This anime is definitely not just a romance, since that its focus in family, friendship, that enriches more the story <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2021 2:24 PM
May 2020
Quite the random episode to say the very least. But I enjoyed this spontaneous episodes focusing on different members of the cast. Its as though there isn't a singular protagonist
Mar 23, 2021 5:25 PM
Dec 2007
moxy64 said:
i haven't read the manga, but is the show skipping chapters or something? the episodes are starting to feel more and more discontinued as the show progresses
Yeah it's skipping a ton of chapters, but it's sort of a symptom of the Mangas biggest problem. After they get together in the Manga, it rapidly goes down hill. They sort of went ths wrong direction with the anime. They should have just animated everything up until the part where they sleep together. There was a lot of good stuff they cut out there. Everything after they sleep together is pretty boring.
Mar 23, 2021 7:14 PM
Feb 2020
First of all, who is Iura? I really dont't remember this character watching the show once a week. How do they expect me to care about his sister's tests? Everything seems a little forced and chaotic. Miyamura's personality is almost unrecognizable and the comedy is really out of point.

I didn't read the manga, but they definitely didn't have time to introduce so many characters to the show. I think it would be better not to even show some until the first season is over. The side characters are almost all forgetables, I'm not even asking for more romance, just some consistency. It feels like I'm watching a totally different show than the one I started.
Mar 23, 2021 10:42 PM

Dec 2018
axel360 said:

Yep, agreed on you. Fallen in love with this anime at the early episodes... Lately, it's getting boring... So sad to see Miyamura changes so much. From loveable to some random character...

Mar 25, 2021 2:36 AM

Aug 2018
Great chapter
This chapter has been very funny and nice.
Shuu is a good brother
Mar 27, 2021 3:07 PM
Nov 2018
Finally a focus for the green haired guy. This guy is one of the 9 on the main poster and he’s just been background fodder. Nice story for him and his sister, but it feels like all the development for all these characters are off screen and this show is just for manga readers.
Mar 29, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2009
Unfortunately, this episode didn't do much for me. I couldn't care less about this guy and his sister.
Mar 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2019
Wholesome and sweet, as usual.

I take it back, Honoka is cute as hell. I repeat, cute as hell. Need more of her.

Remi playing Yanagi was really funny too lol forcing him to say "bye-bye"

I like these episodes and all but I want more cute moments between Izumi and Kyoko!
Apr 2, 2021 3:40 PM

Feb 2015
Oof, until now I've always said that I like the supporting cast way more than Hori & Miyamura, but I have to correct that statement. I like Yuuki, Toruu, Sakura & Remi more than them. Everyone else is either boring (the rest of the supporting cast + Miyamura) or straight up unlikeable (Hori).

This episode felt totally out of place and also kinda unnecessary. Why does the anime expect us to care about Shuu at all? And wasn't Honoka gay? Why are they suddenly trying to give her a male crush?

Definitely gonna lower my score to a 6 again :x
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Apr 2, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so it's time for an episode about the green-haired guy who is occasionally seen with them. I don't know, I liked the episode but I feel like they are trying to cover too much, the series is already going to end but they keep introducing new characters instead of developing more the ones we know. The poor Sawada was introduced a few episodes ago and then disappeared only to suddenly reappear here and now everyone knows her. Aside from cramming too much in, I feel like too much is going on off screen.
Apr 3, 2021 5:57 PM

Jul 2020
Alright, so this is the first series of this kind where the main character is actually worse in terms of writing than side characters. First Toru, then Sengoku and now Iu, and maybe even Akane.

Finally, I wasn´t crazy, Shu is crack. Like El Diego
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback๐ŸฆŠโ›ฉ๏ธ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Apr 4, 2021 11:11 AM

Mar 2010
I'm actually enjoying the imouto and oneechan arc more than the main anime.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 4, 2021 5:20 PM

Jan 2016
This show feels like my dreams. Very fragmented and discontinuous. Every episode, we get some sort of story about a character that comes out of nowhere. What happened to Miyamura's bully?
Sulfur2Apr 4, 2021 7:33 PM
Apr 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Jan 2015
The directing is a mess as always
Apr 23, 2021 7:21 AM

May 2020
Iura siblings are very cute!
Apr 24, 2021 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
He really is kinda annoying when he is being loud all the time, but still a fun character. Poor Sawada though.
I wonder why he is that much different at home, but hopefully she can get into her school of choice and be closer to her brother at the same time. I really liked Hori's idea of getting closer first to make things comfortable so she can focus on her studies better.
Apr 25, 2021 5:36 AM

Dec 2013
Iura is a surprisingly cool brother.

I like the random silly conversations that the cast have.
May 6, 2021 9:33 AM
Apr 2018
"IURA is a Big Bwuther..."

Liked this character, SHUU-chan.

Great episode!
May 7, 2021 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Some focus on Honoka.. this series likes to put the spotlight on each member of this social circle huh
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 20, 2021 6:48 AM

Nov 2014
Not sure if the seasonal watchers picked up on this, but the transition between the end of last episode and the start of this was almost.... inappropriate....

Didn't appreciate the sudden cut in the middle of a light-hearted scene to Iura's crying little sister either.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 16, 2021 3:45 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly, there almost hasn't been any Shuu before at all.. Like he showed up in couple of frames, but that's it..
It seems that after sex scene this anime really ran out of content for Hori and Miyamura.. Like after that we get drama with other couples.. And now we get slice of life friendship between all people.. I think sex scene was bad in this sense.. Now after that some drama or other things between Hori and Miyamura would look more weird.. Well, until some time would pass, which is already 3 plus episodes, so maybe it's time to do something there.. Or not, and that story is closed..
Contest on which boy Sawada will like more.. ;P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.