Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2022 5:10 AM
Dec 2021
pretty ordinary. I gave it a 6. The main problem is there isn't really a story. just random shit happens...
Jul 11, 2022 6:34 AM
Dec 2019
I liked it a lot when I watched it in like 2005 but I have no idea how I understood what was happening. The first two episodes are borderline incomprehensible on first watch and a ton of the show is loaded with other references I wouldn't have clearly understood due to a lack of anime/sex/world knowledge (Lupin, Gundam, Eva, etc).

Even as an adult the show is kind of challenging to watch. It would be easy to write it off as the epitome of "zomg anime is so wacky and random crazy woooo" nonsense (and a lot of people in this thread did exactly that; even some people that seem to have liked it for that) but after the themes are more clearly established its really doing a lot all at once. I usually watch a few episodes of anime before bed or while doing chores but if I don't watch FLCL with my full attention on the screen its impossible to follow.

Someone else in this topic said "its far beyond the level of most anime fans these days" and I'd say that's probably true. If FLCL were a book it would be the sort of thing English teachers assign in high school and then 98% of the kids forced to read it have absolutely no idea of what's actually happening thematically and hate it but that other 2% figures out some amazing shit.
Aug 13, 2022 3:01 PM
Jan 2021
The show will always be a 50/50 in the anime community.
Rarely will you see someone who rates it something other than 8-10 or 1-3. Personally though, I give it a 10. It’s coming of age themes are portrayed in the most unique and amazing way I’ve ever seen. All the characters are great and so well in-depth. Even Ninamori, who gets one episode about her is more in-depth than a lot of the characters you see in a lot of the shi coming out nowadays. But If you don’t like it, understandable. I do think that it’s worth it for anyone to give a try. Maybe a rewatch or 2 as well.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.