Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 15, 2021 7:11 PM
Apr 2016
Hello! For additional context, I don't play FGO so I went into the movie without knowing information beforehand. I probably sound like an idiot but I had no idea what was going on and would like to ask regarding it.

-What is going on with the seemingly older Artoria in this movie?
The way she acts seem overwhelmingly tough on her subjects and citizens and when the “massacre” scene happened, I was pretty shocked but really intrigued but the movie doesn't really explain why she is like this. Bedivre seems to know but throughout the movie, he just seems really emo and most of the backstory between him and Artoria seems to be done through artistic scenes that was barely above still frames with barely any dialogue or context.

These scenes often include the “younger” Artoria but there really wasn't much explanation on what was happening. These scenes barely account for a few mins of the movie so the whole thing feels rushed? And whenever he speaks with the knights of the round table, their dialogue usually revolves around how he was unworthy or as if he went missing? I don't really get the contextless dialogue.

So I'm not here to bash FGO but I really didn't understand the plot of the movie which felt really rushed. Most of the characters seemingly go from Point A to B for not much reason? So I gave up on understanding the story halfway when most of the characters and story didn't make much sense. There were only a few action-heavy scenes as well so it really wasn't enjoyable. This feels equally confusing like Fate/Extra Last Encore honestly but more rushed and less action.
Mar 23, 2021 11:41 PM

Aug 2015
Well, the movie was made targetting people who already played the game, hence why you don´t understand anything. Even then, most people who actually played it, absolutely hate it for a few reasons. In any case:

If you don´t know absolutely anything about the game, in short the world already ended and your protagonist (dude called Ritsuka) is traveling to the past in order to fix some fragments of the past that deviate from their natural order, these are called singularities. Now, with that being said, Camelot is the sixth out of eight singularities, it goes before Babylonia in terms of chronology. That´s the context.

Camelot starts with an EX rank in terms of danger because there are many issues within the own singularity. The story itself happening in the arc does not match at all with the events that were supposed to be occuring. For more context the overall story was meant to be about the Holy Wars, but when they arrive they discovered that the Crusades never happened, and Camelot overtook the course of history with Artoria as the leader of the true holy city. There´s also Ozymandias there doing its own thing, and the Hassans.

Now, the explanation as of why Artoria is older is because she never died in this singularity (that´s the first point that deviates from story) she should be around 25-35, and her body is now older because instead of holding Excalibur, she is using Rhongomyniad as her main weapon. She then summoned the knights and they created the holy city of Camelot. Why? That´s spoilers for the second movie. By the way Artoria is a cold bitch because they are ruling the land by the law of the strong. At this point none of the Knights of the Round is sane, and they are following Artoria´s orders. About Bedivere I won´t say anything because spoilers.

Now, why everyone hates the movie? because they took a 12 hour story or pure text and butchered it, they also removed two important characters and their moments in the origina story. So my only advise is to either play the game, see the whole story on youtube or just read a resume before seeing the second one.

More topics from this board

» Why is the King Aurthor here different from the Saber we know?

NeverGoneXD - Oct 8, 2021

10 by Mathi786 »»
Jan 30, 12:56 AM

» Watch order

RuneRem - Jun 3, 2022

9 by Sol_Ou »»
Oct 6, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 1 - Wandering; Agateram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kisaragi - Dec 30, 2020

55 by Yukikaze_01 »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:43 AM

» Is it necessary to watch this Movie before Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia

Barry_Allen_14 - Feb 3, 2022

6 by Spoopy69 »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:18 PM

» Movie has made $3,665,000 at the box office!

Rojaseb - May 6, 2021

18 by Rojaseb »»
Jul 12, 2021 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.