Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode. We got to see more story and personality from Yuki along with Ishikawa.

I find their relationship realistic to those of teens. Oh and Ishikawa had some funny thoughts about Miyamura. Character bonds in this show really is important. Sakura also showed more of her vulnerable side, something I'm not very surprised by especially when Tooru is around her.
Mar 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Taniharu, Miyamura and Shindo: Happy T(h)ree middle-school (Gay) Friends?

FINALLY, a Yuki-centric episode.

The one supplement about Yuki and Yanagi is that they're getting along well (as compared to last episode)...but the love triangle of Sakura, Yuki, Tooru is stressing the one who is playing the liar game of selfishness: Yuki. Even her own older sister trying to talk her out of her own dilemma, it's only Yuki who can make the decision for herself.

For a moment, Yuki receiving Tooru's text about him being confessed to Sakura sure shocks the hell outta her. But the confimation from Tooru himself gives the assurance of her own horrible internal personality, and that will always remain the questionable intent in her own private life. Despite that, Tooru being the same idiot in front of her is just a cute moment, even if it's pretend dating.

Literally, Sakura has all her choices gone horribly wrong with being turned down by Tooru even before she has a chance to confess. The breakdown of Sakura only hurts even deeper in front of Sengoku.

May someone please pick Sakura to wipe her sorrow away.
Mar 13, 2021 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice with the focus on yoshikawa and stuff, it seems like ishikawa and yuki like each other i guess. that conversation on the rooftop was quite interesting, so many homonyms lol. also, yuki looked so cute with the black hoodie.
Mar 13, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
Sakura being crying at the end of the episode was sad but Yukki made some progress.
Well since they where competing for the same guy we knew one of the two would be left behind but lets hope both of them find happiness.

The start of the episode was funny as well with Kyouko's reaction to Izumi's friends.
Mar 13, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2019
Feeling quite sad for Sakura...but sometimes love is cruel I would say...let's hope Yuki finding her courage to confess soon and being happy together.

Mar 13, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2020
The love square is getting intense! Decent episode, with a lot more side character development which is enjoyable for sure!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 13, 2021 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That beginning of episode xD Hori really doesn't want Miyamura to be gay... :/
The discussion between Tooru and Yuki on the roof was really nice, especially for the usage of their names.
But because of that we had Sakura crying so much at the end, and it's not cool at all, poor girl.
Mar 13, 2021 9:25 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Well, Hori wants Miyamura to hang out with girls more...

So this could actually be a perfect opportunity for Kouno... 😏
Mar 13, 2021 9:25 AM

Jun 2019
A pretty fun episode in the beginning. But, things changed after a while. I felt pretty bad for Sakura there. But, props to her that she had the courage to at least confess to Toru about her feelings. It takes a lot of courage. On the other hand, Yuki made quite a bit of progress. Well, it was her episode mostly. So, there's that.
Man, these love triangles can be really heartbreaking.
Pre_YumMar 13, 2021 9:33 AM
Mar 13, 2021 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
T-T What an episode! Total roller coaster. First the anxiety and anticipation that Yuki/Toru will be over once Sakura confessed then the the slow hopeful ascent to Yuki/Toru becoming a thing... sort off at least. To the heart wrenching end with Sakura crying! Such a good episode.
Mar 13, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
Finally one of my fave chapters is here! For me the side characters and their relationships are the best part of Horimiya, this chapter in particular was one of my faves because of the double entendres in Tooru and Yuki’s conversation as well as Sengoku and Sakura at the end. I think it’s really poetic and beautiful. Sakura’s my best girl so it sucks to see her so sad :(

The OST and cinematography were on point today as well, along with great performances by the seiyuus which really brought everything to life. Great job.

Final manga chapter in a couple days too.
Mar 13, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2020
Hori became a lot more tsundere, lol. I liked Yuki more in this episode, I can really feel for her personality. I actually enjoyed watching this episode, even though I’m not a huge fan of Horimiya, I can see why people love it through this episode. Horimiya is still a 6/10 for me, but I’m still gonna tune into episode 11.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 13, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The soundtrack use is so good, really adds so much to each scene.
I love how Hori-san is more worried about Miyamura being stolen away by guys than girls. xD

I felt really bad for Sakura when she broke down and started crying but as Sengoku pointed out, it's even harder because no one is truly in the wrong. It's just unfortunate. :(
Mar 13, 2021 9:36 AM
Feb 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

The soundtrack use is so good, really adds so much to each scene.
I love how Hori-san is more worried about Miyamura being stolen away by guys than girls. xD

I felt really bad for Sakura when she broke down and started crying but as Sengoku pointed out, it's even harder because no one is truly in the wrong. It's just unfortunate. :(

Would probably hurt a woman's pride a lot more if their man ditched them for a dude instead of another woman. So I can see why Hori would be worried about that, but hopefully she understands Miyamura loves her and no one else!

But goddamn, I felt so sad for Sakura near the end when she said she was basically rejected before she even confessed. Sadly that does happen in life, but I really hope things get better for her!
Mar 13, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2018
It's an interesting dynamic going on between Tooru, Yuki, and Sakura, but I still feel like all this is just going to be magically resolved with Yuki falling for the new guy, opening Tooru up for Sakura.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 13, 2021 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
A very emotional episode resolving one of the love triangles, or maybe polygons, of this series. For a while now we've seen Sakura talking for Toru while Yuki does as well. Sooner or later that would come to a head and here we are. Yuki feeling down after hearing that Toru had to lie to Sakura about them dating. Sakura confessing her feelings to Toru only to be rejected since he's putting on that farce for Yuki so she doesn't have to reject Yanagi. Funny scene with him running into Yuki and her older sister, the sister not believing that Yuki could possibly be out of Yanagi league. Yuki is an interesting character since she cares about others slot while also being self depreciating. She knows that Sakura truly loves Toru but she does too. Not wanting to say she loves him since she knows the pain it would cause. The scene with Yuki and Toru on the rooftop definitely one of the best in the show so far. Toru making weird analogies about the snow and the sakura trees. But trying to cheer Yuki up all the same, I'm glad it worked since we see Yuki feel better afterwards. Sakura getting the raw deal in all this with her falling down and sobbing in front of Sengoku. Made all the worse since no one really did anything wrong in the whole situation. A hard resolution to this love mess.
Mar 13, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2020
Looks like things are moving between ishi and yuki it definitely looks like they like each other but we cant be quite Shure just yet overall great episode
Mar 13, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
damn they really nailed the atmosphere with the sakura yuki story, well done lol. Also loved the nameplay references that were going on

but if there's one thing I dislike about the whole thing, is that iirc this is really the extent to which tooru x Yoshikawa develops. Like there are a few ship moments later on but it never gets the development it deserves D: Even after all that happened this ep they're still not dating smh

though poor Kono, the worst kinds of situations are when you know that nobody did anything wrong
Mar 13, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
No guys for Miyamura. 🤣

Love is cruel sometimes. When they are the winner there will always the loser and someone who cries. Sakura did a great job by confessing her love to Tooru. Love confessing needs a lot of courage especially with a quiet and timid girl like Sakura. I really feel bad for Sakura in this episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 13, 2021 9:50 AM
Mar 2021
Great. Seeing the character development of each character really does make for a nice episode.
Mar 13, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
Hori's misunderstandings get crazier every day xd
An episode for the love triangle, how complicated everything has become.
Noooooo, poor Sakuraaa ( ; ω ; )
Mar 13, 2021 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
Man Sakura's such a great girl, I really do hope she finds happiness.

Yuki focus episode and it was well done. I really like her onee san.
Mar 13, 2021 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
It was nice to have an episode more focused on the other characters besides the main two. What a touching episode it was for sure.
Mar 13, 2021 9:58 AM
Sep 2015
We've one couple that had unprotected sex, and another couple that flirting through symbolically metaphor.
Mar 13, 2021 10:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the awkwardness of Tanihara trying to make up with Miyamura really blended well with Hori's overreaction. Looks like Yanagi finally got his long delayed glasses. Her sisters reaction to her rejection of Yanagi was pretty amusing. Though Sakura wasn't able to secure Tooru's heart at least she was able to tell him her true feelings. Though its unfortunate that the sadness that results from it can't be vanquished that easy. Overall a solid ep that did well not only expand upon Yuki's character but also the turmoil that lay behind her feelings for Tooru as well. While its nice that it got resolved i really feel sorry for Sakura even though its no one's fault.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2020
I can see how this is very conflicting, someone would have to end up hurt in this situation.
Mar 13, 2021 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Hori's reactions were hilarious.

It's good to see a Yuki focused episode, she happens to be my favorite character so far.
Yes, love is indeed cruel. Seeing Sakura breakdown like that was really sad. I hope she can find happiness.

Mar 13, 2021 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
I’m probably going to stop watching it after this. I get side character development, it’s important for the story. But recently I feel like Miyamura and Hori have become side characters. I also felt the snow thing was dumb, it was outstretched.
Mar 13, 2021 10:11 AM

Aug 2020
Boring episode ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 13, 2021 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
I AM LOVING HORIMIYA LIKE ITS AN 100/10
Mar 13, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
Feels like forever since the last good episode of this show. Great to see some development between the side characters and to actually enjoy something cohesive for the first time in like 4-5 episodes. A very good one indeed.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 13, 2021 10:29 AM
Mar 2020
Remember when people complaining this got too many fillers, too wholesome, too GENERIC. And here we have the drama you asked for.

They still complaining...
Mar 13, 2021 10:40 AM
Oct 2016
the Toru x Yuki ship was strong this episode!!

Mar 13, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
One smile, one cry. I wish happiness for both, since I like they both equally. Toru is lucky (and they are lucky aswell to fell in love with him, because he is a good guy).

Mar 13, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2020
Funny skit at the start of the episode.

One is left heartbroken and the other came out with a big smile. Love is such a happy feeling yet it can be so tragic.
Mar 13, 2021 10:52 AM
Jun 2020
dEeP ...............
minialMar 13, 2021 10:56 AM
Mar 13, 2021 10:55 AM
Jun 2020
no more gay homis smex 😔😔
Mar 13, 2021 11:02 AM
Jan 2021
We got to see how terrible of a person yuki is i hope she dies at the hand of truck kun, also that Sakura gets with the pink haired dude and flexes on them all.
The episode itself was okay, really wanted more drama and comedy between hori and miyamura but having this episode give the dedicated shippers some closure on all the states of potential relationships is good too.
Mar 13, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
The beginning of the episode with Hori getting jealous of Miyamura around guys was funny, but had no connection to the rest of the episode at all.

The love triangle aspect of the episode was done well, even if Toru’s analogy was corny as hell. I didn’t expect he and Yuki to actually like each other. I feel Sakura’s pain, but if she can muster the courage to confess then she’ll be able to find someone else.
Mar 13, 2021 11:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
An episode that’s all drama, no funny. Pretty typical drama stuff too, surrounding the issue of pretending and misunderstanding. Now I don’t mind yuki at all but looking at how she basically did Sakura dirty just makes me feel sorry for Sakura man. Yuki doesn’t deserve the man toru for doing nothing but being petty. Or maybe that’s fine because toru doesn’t deserve either of them, maybe he should have gone with hori, but hori rejected him and of course chose her man as miyumara. Dammit, all that drama I was hoping to avoid is all here in this episode. Sigh, I mean it’s all fine, but at this point it isn’t feeling fresh anymore as we revert back to standard highschool drama tropes. Maybe I’m just looking for more COM in my rom com.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 13, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
Sad ending for Sakura :(.

But overall a really great episode.

5/5

Why do you have to be like them?

You're the protagonist of your own life.

~ Reigen Arataka (Mob Psycho 100)

Mar 13, 2021 11:26 AM

Jul 2020
I'm happy for Yuki, although this was definitely one of the more mournful episodes. Nevertheless, still my weekly dose of Horimiya, so I'm happy
Poor Sakura though! Seeing Sakura burst in tiers must have been hard for Kakeru to witness, I know I would feel that way.

Mar 13, 2021 11:31 AM

May 2018
rip Sakura. The baka Toru is a big baka I agree, Sengoku
Mar 13, 2021 11:36 AM
May 2011
Damn, Toru. Way to ruin the entire series.
Mar 13, 2021 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
What an amazing episode. Though I and many others were rooting for Sakura to be with Toru and Yuki to be with Yanagi, love isn't that logical. Even Kakeru says that no one is in the wrong. I liked the metaphor associating the names with the weather, especially Toru's indirect statement from when he says the snow decides to melt on its own: "Don't back down because you think someone is more deserving of my love. I like you because I like you." (at least that's how I read it). Anyways, can't wait for the next week.
Mar 13, 2021 11:39 AM
Jun 2020
Tohru made my girl Sakura cry... Why?😭
Mar 13, 2021 11:43 AM
Jun 2020
minial said:
dEeP ...............
minial said:
dEeP ...............

Hahahahaha So true, I'm like: Wtf tohru? 😂
Mar 13, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2020
They adapted Yuki & Tooru’s story PERFECTLY. Especially that rooftop scene & with Yuki’s sister saying how Yuki never fights for what she wants. One of the better directed episodes. If only all the episodes were like this ㅜㅡㅜ

Tooru best boiiiiiiiiiii ♡
He always knows what to say & do

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 13, 2021 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
I just want Sakura to be happyyyy Dx
Mar 13, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
An interesting episode focusing on the relationship between Yuki and Ishikawa. That last scene felt so.... sad.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.