Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Eris' reaction when she woke up was hard to watch. What a freakout.

Episode focused a lot more on Rudy and his adventuring across the world. It almost feels like exploring an open world game and venturing into the unknown. Interesting to also see Ruijerd join the duo on their adventure.

The more allies Rudy make, the better.

Apr 2020
Rudy returned to his original body ?! luckily he came back to isekai

Ruijerd is a nice guy, even though he is Superd, he helps Rudy and Eris, and luckily Rudy learns another language.

Lots of Migurd races in that place lol, although Roxy's mother is 102 years old, she looks cute

Jul 2017
As shown in the episode PV, this episode truly takes the 1st turning point of Mushoku Tensei to a new level.

The opening minutes between Rudeus and the Human-God about the Demon Continent just show how much anime-onlies (like myself) are unprepared for more of the vast world-building (except novel readers who know the entire story, please don't spoil anything).

Remember how Zenith warns Rudeus not to meet anyone green-haired with a gem on his/her forehead? And yet, he's looking at one: Ruijerd Superdia. But to see Eris being all that scared and freaked out about Ruijerd, there definitely isn't something fishy, but luckily she got used to it. Through the trip back home to the Central Continent will take ages.

The meeting between the Migurd tribe and Rudeus, that one we all knew was coming, having known the 44-year-old young Roxy but not from a familial view. One Roxy, Two Roxys, Three Roxys, Four, a village full of Roxys. The feud between the Superd and Demon God Laplace was 400 years in the making from the war they've had in commune, and now it's tarnished from betrayal.

Honestly though, it's great seeing Roxy's family (Rowin with 102-year-old young Rokari), and the "give-and-take" mission of Rudeus to restore the Superd's reputation with Ruijerd. Off with the journey that would change lives, and the usual case of expectations running high.
KANLen09Mar 7, 2021 10:49 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Rudeus met the Human God. The Human God has white bright skin and doesn't appear to have a reproductive organ, but he has the voice of a male. That's really amazing. Imagine meeting God, but the way Rudeus talked to the Human God was really rude!

They got teleported to a different continent, huh. And it's a different freaking continent! It makes me think about this: How big is the planet? Also, Demon Continent is where the Superd race can be found. Their race is very well known for that story. I hope what Ruijerd(?)'s is aiming for will succeed. Rudeus's reaction was fun to witness, but what's more fun was Eris's reaction! But the Superd and Eris got close pretty quick!

So in the Demon Continent is where Roxy's parents live! This is freaking amazing, what a coincidence! Absolutely amazing. I thought at first glance that Roxy's father was his sibling, haha! Rudeus had a visit to Roxy's parents home. I wonder what Roxy's reaction will be.

It looks like this is the opening for a new arc! I hope it'll not be that long! I don't want anyone to die on their journey back home. Hopefully no one dies.

Now we have to wait for 7 days again, aaaugh! Welp, I hope they finish the whole story for this anime. No cancels for next season please!
removed-userMar 7, 2021 10:41 AM
Mar 7, 2021 7:34 AM
Sep 2018
For anybody wondering (and not knowing google), this is the worldmap.
Mar 7, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
3DCG Hitogami was ok. It worked quite well.

Animation nailed the face of Eris when she woke up. It was absolute terror in her eyes. Once again, the quality as a whole, the landscapes, the town. It was very good.

It was just an introduction of Rujierd and the beginning of the journey, with a little of Roxy parents as a plus.

No complains for this episode. 5/5
Mar 7, 2021 7:36 AM

Mar 2021
Ahhh....I love this series so much every second like an hour ! ! ! (👍≖‿‿≖)👍 👍(≖‿‿≖👍)
Mar 7, 2021 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Eris gang where you at?
Mar 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
Excellent episode and adaptation as usual. I’ve pretty much got the studio’s pacing down at this point and it’s almost perfect really. I think Ruijerd’s seiyuu is perfect for the role! I also appreciate the fact they for the most part, actually used an anime original language for the demon god tongue.

Next week should be them travelling, fighting monsters and ending up in the city.

My only issue with today’s ep was how they made rudy seem like he was thinking of doing something to eris while she was sleep, when in the LN he specifically states to himself that he’s respecting her chastity. In general, I think the anime tends to paint rudeus as being more perverted, at least through the first 3 volumes.
Mar 7, 2021 8:35 AM

Aug 2020
A nice superd, who would have thought after all the rumors about them, and now rudeus is traveling with one. kind of sad that theres only 2 more episodes left, every single one so far has been really enjoyable but season 2 is already announced which is nice, Rudeus' story goes on!

also Hitogami sounds so gay and i love it
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 7, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
that Superd guy is the leader of the Superd eh and he wants to fix the bad reputation of his race

Rudeus will help him and that next episode title is the start of the redemption of Rudy?

woah the tribe of Roxy are like lesser Elves then they got eternal youth too

and the Human-God is not the reason for Rudys reincarnation on this fantasy world thats interesting and it might be the Dragon-Gods doing
Mar 7, 2021 8:38 AM

Nov 2018
overall another solid episode with nicely tided plot points from earlier episodes and I also love the soundtracks for this episode it totally fits the vibe of the demon continents terrain and tribal culture.

Also it looks like team Eris will be eating good for a while *sobs in team Roxy*
Mar 7, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
_hachi8man said:
Eris gang where you at?
where y’all watch anime? i don’t know where to watch the bew episodes
Mar 7, 2021 8:39 AM
Jan 2021
We got Gintoki and Otose speaking to each other again during the first scene. Man, I really miss Gintama.
Mar 7, 2021 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
Hitogami looked so strange but cool at the same time. Really nailed his character too.

el_Venom said:
_hachi8man said:
Eris gang where you at?

Funimation
Mar 7, 2021 8:40 AM
Oct 2016
Ahhh a Superd!! The creatures from all those horrible stories about the war from hundreds of years ago! Good thing that Ruijerd is a good guy who's trying to clear the Superd bad name. This episode drops us, almost literally, onto the demon continent. A really bad place you don't want to be. Rudy and Eris have been separated from Ghislaine, dropped in this unknown spot, and without much way to get back home other than walk. Ruijerd agreeing to guide them home is nothing short of a miracle. Rudy got that tip from the man god to help Ruijerd setting their friendship in motion, even getting Eris to befriend Ruijerd after her initial freak out. Running into Roxy hometown village meeting her parents, I laughed at Rudy already calling them his in laws. Rudy and Eris seemingly are stranded without hope but they've gotten off to a good start in this new place.
Mar 7, 2021 8:41 AM
Apr 2015
el_Venom said:
_hachi8man said:
Eris gang where you at?

Just watch it on YouTube via Muse Asia.
Mar 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
does Superd means Super D or Super Demons?
Mar 7, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
One Roxy, Two Roxys, Three Roxys...... Four Roxys......
Yeah!!! That's our Rudeus.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 7, 2021 8:47 AM
Jan 2019
So even after only watching these first 9 eps, I can easily see this being amazing. Isekai is garbage besides konosuba and re zero (at least what I've seen) guess sheild hero is okay but man this episode just made me very excited for the future.
Jul 2011
deg said:

It's a twist on the English word "Speared".

Oct 2017
That conversation at the begining was interesting.

We finally see Ruijerd in the anime and he seems like a nice guy. Thou Eris' reaction after seeing him legit cracked me up lmao. Thou I'm glad she opened upto him fast.

Their adventure ro return to humans begin and first thing we get to see is Roxy sensei's hometown. Hply smokes I was thinking that dude's a teen but apparently he is Roxy's father and not only that but all of the people in the village looks quite young. Also wow they live for 200 years, that's great. Eris sleeping on Rudy's lap was sweet.

Nov 2014
Town of Roxies? It's as if Rudy died and got isekaied even more.

After previous epsiode I expected some heavy stuff now, but it turns out to be rather nice adventure so far. I guess we will see some discrimination towards green haired guy later.

I wonder where Ghislaine is tho.
Mar 7, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
Waggles said:
deg said:

It's a twist on the English word "Speared".

ah ok thanks for the info
Mar 7, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Tremendous episode. Jeeze it just gets better each week. Subtle comedy with Eris being surprised by the Plant that protected the fields, the shocking realization that People are terrified of Supard's, and meeting the Future Mother and Father IN Law lol.

Rudy's studying has definitely paid off.

I thought the animation in this episode really was improved at certain moments. In the beginning when Rudy is in his former body talking to god, and when Ruijerd turned his head after hearing about Laplace...I feel like most people would have found that part unnecessary but I felt like it showed how passionate Ruijerd is to clear the Supard's names.

I also think this might get flack but I think the best part of the episode was after Rudy heard Ruijerd's story, they showed him with his Original face and glasses. I think that really gave an extra but to the scene especially since it was Rudy reflecting on what should or should not be done.
Edit: Went back to watch this part again...the transition form when Rudy is watching the fire. to it being blurry with his glasses, to his original face...god damn that's great Production!

ALSO and one thing I loved is that He didn't remember God's advice. He didn't wake up and go "This is the guy I have to help" NO! It just came naturally.

Awesome episode.
SoraSenpaiMar 7, 2021 8:53 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 7, 2021 8:49 AM
Wings

Apr 2017

Bitch, it's Lil Uzi Vert.

Maybach, Maybach.
Mar 7, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that was an interesting episode. Rudy and Eris found themselves in the demon's continent. Ruijerd Superdia guy saved them but Ghislaine is missing. Eris's reaction to him was quite funny and expected. Luckily, they became friends. Eris is just so adorable.
Looks like they've already started the adventure with their new friend, Ruijerd.
Mar 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
Bro the animation on the cgi man-god thing was actually phenomenal.
Mar 7, 2021 8:55 AM

Jun 2012
Eradicated said:
el_Venom said:

Just watch it on YouTube via Muse Asia.

That would require you to live in a country where its' supported, or to use a VPN.
Mar 7, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2020
Lamss said:

Bitch, it's Lil Uzi Vert.

Maybach, Maybach.

xDDDDD. Good on you to make that reference!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 7, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2020
Great episode! Eris still being headstrong no matter the situation, acting as the older sister even though the other two are more competent than her!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Sep 2019
Rudy's smooth, he called him father in law lol.
Mar 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Dec 2015
Wish they animated the backstory bit, but otherwise decent episode.
Mar 7, 2021 8:58 AM

Dec 2010
Precious Roxy village, perfect adaption. Sure animators take their time but i like somehow the slow pace since it would be a very long serie.

Laugh and Rudeus back in his old fat body, this god, or administrator, is very evil. XD XD XD

XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Wish they animated the backstory bit, but otherwise decent episode.

I guess they shouldn't diluite too much the main story since is already slow paced, of course you should read the novel to have the whole picture, the anime format have 24 minutes constraints so is already a miracle.
Fn76Mar 7, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 7, 2021 8:59 AM

May 2020
So Roxy is turning 44 and her parents are around 100 dang. Is Rudeus using Father In Law because he plans on marrying Roxy or is it actually just a joke
Mar 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2015
finally we got to see the last main cast and as this anime is doing, he is interesting as hell and his relationship with Rudy so well built..
Mar 7, 2021 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
Roxy's hometown huh. I dig it, looks like something far out you'd find in a large open world game. It was quite interesting to see for sure!

Really digging this sort of pacing too, the interest level has gone up a notch.
Mar 7, 2021 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

This Man-God character somehow reminds me of the God in the Gate in FMAB.

Eris's reaction on seeing the Superd, damn she was terrified but I'm glad that Rudeus chose to trust the Superd leader and eventually helped Eris warm up to him.
Truth be told my favorite shows of the episodes are the ones where Eris brightens and beams in wonder with all the new things she sees, that sense of pure joy and amazement at adventure was heartwarming in it's own way.

I didn't expect that they would encounter Roxy's hometown of all things and even meet her parents. Roxy's Mom got the looks too, now we know where she gets it from. Couldn't help but laugh when Rudeus asked if he could call her Dad father in law. xD

So the Superd tribe was tricked by the Demon God Laplace, wasn't the mana incident an attempt to wake him up. I'm curious how much the plot will escalate but I am looking forward to this journey of returning back to the central continent.
Mar 7, 2021 9:01 AM
May 2018
That was 24 minutes? Really? It felt way shorter than that.. huh... weird... anyway 10/10 episode.
Mar 7, 2021 9:03 AM
Jun 2016
Little retard Eris is fucking cute! THE CUTE!!!

Aug 2018
400 years alone, damn Ruijerd must have a hard time.

Good to see three of them can have a good time together. Also, Eris's reaction kinda freaks me out.

Can't wait to see their adventure all along!

Jan 2018
damn who are those 8 people who hated this episode like yall so petty lmao.

Anyways good episode as always.
Mar 7, 2021 9:04 AM
Apr 2016
Panzer92 said:

I wonder where Ghislaine is tho.
It was supposed to be shown last episode (it's a side story of the 2nd volume), so it shouldn't be a spoiler. We probably won't ever see it, though. I can tell you if you want
Mar 7, 2021 9:08 AM

Nov 2019
Damn, a whole village full of Roxys (Roxies?), haha.

But more seriously, I really like it when authors actually go out of the way to create a new language in their story. Akin to High valyrian. I find that Demon-god language nice to listen to. And it just adds a very unique flair.

Mar 7, 2021 9:10 AM
Jun 2020
MY GOD! The Hitogami scene was AMAZING! The change of artstyle and the BEAUTIFUL use of CGI for Hitogami was amazing! Props to Rudy's and especially Hitogami's voice actor as well, he really captured the sleaziness of that bastard. Also sooo many details! The language, the covering of the staff, the village happenings, and ugh! Basically it was fucking amazing!

Ruijerd and Hitogami especially were freaking amazing!
Mar 7, 2021 9:11 AM

Jan 2021
Waiting for madman to find if any Demon-God language spoken in this episode actually appeared in Roxy's book (there are actual pronunciation for the words that are in there).
Mar 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2020
"May I call you Father-in-law?" "No" LOL
Mar 7, 2021 9:13 AM

Sep 2019
Roxy's mom was cute. We'll see them travel together with that Superd. I liked him, he looks like a nice guy.
Mar 7, 2021 9:13 AM

Oct 2020
Our characters are now lost in the unknown. A new character is introduced, Ruijerd the superb! The village of Roxies was very interesting. We also learned more about how the superb people got their reputation. Can't wait to see more of their traveling!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 9:14 AM
Sep 2020
Another amazing episode. I love the pacing so far and they’re being very faithful to the LN aside from some little tidbits here and there. Animation and art is as good as ever. Finally get to see my boy Ruijerd. Great VA for him too
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

297 by marta_valse »»
May 9, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.