Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2021 11:56 PM

May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reminded me why I love Aria so much. Must watch for Aria fans.
Athena is so gorgeous and her new voice fits perfectly.
Alice's view on becoming an adult is relatable. Her drive to become a responsible, reliable senpai led her to avoid Athena.
Really enjoyed Athena and Alice singing together. Alice's singing voice is angelic :>
I kinda wish the movie was longer and put more emphasis on the new girls haha.

Looking forward to Benedizione, which probably revolves around the members of Himeya Company. Hoping to see Al as well.

Mar 7, 2021 5:40 PM
Feb 2020
What did you think of the character design?
Mar 7, 2021 10:52 PM

May 2014
DaijoubuKirameki said:
What did you think of the character design?

There seems to be mixed opinions(especially Akira), but I really liked the new character designs. The animation itself is easily the best among the series.
Mar 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Oct 2015
I CAN'T wait to watch this!!!

I got simply a couple questions:
Does the directing and writing hold up to the series'? As in, is the Aria vibe preserved and do the events that happen flow well, since it is a movie and not a series?
Mar 8, 2021 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
Kisaragi said:

Looking forward to Benedizione, which probably revolves around the members of Himeya Company. Hoping to see Al as well.

What I'm curious about is the overall reception of the film. I know it's hard to tell yet, since it started screening a few days ago, but still: Did they sell enough tickets? Did the japanese audience like it?
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 9, 2021 1:02 AM

May 2014
Nostalgik said:
I got simply a couple questions:
Does the directing and writing hold up to the series'? As in, is the Aria vibe preserved and do the events that happen flow well, since it is a movie and not a series?

Pretty much your usual heart warming Aria episode that's 60 minutes long focusing on the relationship between Athena and Alice. Aria fans won't be disappointed.

Junchi said:

What I'm curious about is the overall reception of the film. I know it's hard to tell yet, since it started screening a few days ago, but still: Did they sell enough tickets? Did the japanese audience like it?

Yeah it's hard to tell atm, I would wait few more days.
This movie takes place right after Avvenire, so it's highly recommended to watch every Aria before watching this so it really is a movie for already Aria fans. It has a good reception(tho probably among Aria fans).
Aug 20, 2021 12:57 AM

May 2010
It's weird to see Akane & Chizuru replacing Akari & Aika....jkjk. Surprise to see Anzu, Atora & Ayumi too...without glove.

Unfortunately I can't feel the weather this time and it just weird to see Amanchu face design so I gonna rate it...well heck its Aria...10/10.

I think the guy in the picture is Satou Junichi.
Aug 20, 2021 10:42 AM

Jan 2008
We're so damn close now. If only Siegfried Kircheis... I mean CrystalNova was here.
Aug 22, 2021 2:56 PM

Apr 2019
this movie reminded me how magical aria is... nearly cried when the nostalgic aria jazz rolled in at the start and then near the end while athena and alice were singing together. you can tell the seiyuu's are getting older (especially akari's) or maybe i'm just imagining it. soundtrack/bgm was as relaxing as i remember and the visuals were just as mesmerizing as usual. even if i prefer hal film maker over jc staff, this was an exemplary movie. i was literally smiling for the whole film, MUST WATCH for all aria fans.

i hope we can get a new aria season, even if it takes years and years cause i'd still watch it.

anyway, cant wait for benedizione to complete the trilogy!

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeAug 28, 2021 3:45 PM

Aug 24, 2021 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
Just watched without subtitles, didn't understand like 40% of what they were saying, but it was beautiful, so now I'll wait for the subs and rewatch :D
Aug 25, 2021 3:18 PM
Aug 2014
Loved it :D

I missed some parts without subs but it was great.
Aug 28, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2011
Really liked they adapted the santa/witch chapter, it fits the overall theme. The sakuga at the final scene felt weird but still nice. I was grinning most of the time.

IntereoAug 28, 2021 8:24 AM
Aug 28, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2020
This is why Aria is the GOAT
Aug 28, 2021 11:42 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty meh movie for me, didn't really love the JC staff visuals either to complement the story compared to how the series originally looked in the past. I get why JC took care of the project though given their history with Amanchu.
Aug 28, 2021 4:06 PM

Aug 2015
A pleasure to return to the ARIA world after so many years. I enjoyed all the nostalgic moments related to Alice and Athena and I think the movie was banking on them a lot.

However, I don't think it was necessary to include Anya in Alice's flashback. It seems a bit forced and unnecessary.

The backgrounds and some of the scenes are absolutely sublime.

Aug 28, 2021 6:01 PM

Jan 2012
If this was the end of this, this is perfect.
Athena looked so beautiful
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 28, 2021 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
It may not have been the most wowing thing story-wise, but man is this beautiful to look at.
Aug 29, 2021 12:55 AM

Oct 2012
I agree with Athena that Alice's double promotion felt a bit too fast, not because Alice wasn't ready to become a professional, but because she deserved to spend more of her youth with her friends. But on the other hand Alice nailed the exam with full confidence, and there was no stopping her from moving forward.

Also I knew that Rina Satou would be perfect as Athena, I don't think anyone else could've been more similar to late Kawakami Tomoko's acting

Aug 29, 2021 8:35 AM

May 2015
It was visually stunning but the story wasn't able to grip my heart the same way it did in the past. The biggest takeaway from this movie was that Athena-san has the bust of a goddess (and even an Undine struggles sometimes with depression).

IshitatesoAug 29, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 29, 2021 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
Visually speaking, aside from Akira's charadesign, that was really gorgeous especially the scenery
Aug 29, 2021 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
the flashback of Alice's double promotion hit me hard, that scene was my favorite within the hole series and every time I remember it I can't help but smile. actually, that scene is among my favorite anime scenes of all times!!
Aug 30, 2021 8:53 AM
Aug 2013
animejas said:
Pretty meh movie for me, didn't really love the JC staff visuals either to complement the story compared to how the series originally looked in the past. I get why JC took care of the project though given their history with Amanchu.

I submitted my review. Avvenire was okay, but I felt this was weak. It relied on cheap nostalgia by re-animating parts of Aria the Origination episode 9. It's one of the rare times where I disliked a revamped character design even though it adds more "detail". The characters didn't need more detail. Now they look like they came from Amanchu.
Aug 31, 2021 2:42 PM
May 2021
Gippy said:
animejas said:

I submitted my review. Avvenire was okay, but I felt this was weak. It relied on cheap nostalgia by re-animating parts of Aria the Origination episode 9. It's one of the rare times where I disliked a revamped character design even though it adds more "detail". The characters didn't need more detail. Now they look like they came from Amanchu.

But the work is by the same author man wtf '-'
Aug 31, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2015
i must entirely and utterly disagree with Gippy's review. recasting a character is NOT disrespecting the dead. the mangaka PERSONALLY wrote and drew this movie's story. so, if the original artist/author wants to put a character in a story and the 'on air' personality is retired, unable to perform, or as in this case is deceased... should the AUTHOR just up and change THE ENTIRE FOCUS of the story?

the movie's whole central story rotates around Alice and Athena's problems with each-other... so of course the 'three noobs' aren't going to have as big of a role in this story. heck they didn't have a giant huge set of roles in the first movie! they were just the 'behind the scenes' impetus to get the 'middle generation' Primas to sit down for a meal, and also try to get the 'Three Water Goddesses' to join in as well.

character design changes? noooo... really? that never ever everrrrrr happens... does 'Hal Film Maker' even still exist? most recent thing in the MAL database i see is 'Tamayura' from 2010. :o

the original anime aired in 2005. fans/industry tastes change. the character designer for the first anime Makoto Koga hasn't worked... according to MAL... since 'Jashin-chan Dropkick' from 2018. dude's been out there for a long long loonnnng time working on anime. 13ish years, maybe he's semi-retired by now?

plus, if a brand spanking new theatrical release came out today, looking like 2005? nobody. in. Japan. would. have. sat. in. a. theater. you know how many grumbles i heard online about the brand new 'Orphen' looking too old? many. ol farts like me liked the 'classic' appearance. about the only 'new' anime movies i can think of that really kept incredibly close to the 'older' TV series' designs was, the Eurekas, the Evas, and the Geass movies... and if THOSE classics had been changed, the fanbase REALLY would have had a problem with it.

i liked this movie. more Aria, yep, i'm happy. one more to go? yep, i'm happy about that and sad the franchise is probably going to expire after that one. although i do want to see the 'conclusion' of the Aria/Hime, Aika/Albert, and Akari/Akatsuki relationships. i'm rooting for that tubby lil furball. :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 31, 2021 8:55 PM

Dec 2015
Kisaragi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reminded me why I love Aria so much. Must watch for Aria fans.
Athena is so gorgeous and her new voice fits perfectly.
Alice's view on becoming an adult is relatable. Her drive to become a responsible, reliable senpai led her to avoid Athena.
Really enjoyed Athena and Alice singing together. Alice's singing voice is angelic :>
I kinda wish the movie was longer and put more emphasis on the new girls haha.

mhm! More Al! more romance! let the Aika/Albert couple reach a 'conclusion'... with lots and LOTS of 'Sappy Lines Permitted!' :D hahaha! :D and let's not forget poor poor Akatsuki's broken heart over Alicia... who IS the mystery husband!? :>
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 31, 2021 9:30 PM
Aug 2013
KiliianSleipnir said:

character design changes? noooo... really? that never ever everrrrrr happens... does 'Hal Film Maker' even still exist? most recent thing in the MAL database i see is 'Tamayura' from 2010. :o ... the original anime aired in 2005. fans/industry tastes change. ... if a brand spanking new theatrical release came out today, looking like 2005? nobody. in. Japan. would. have. sat. in. a. theater.

Hal Film Maker merged with TYO Animations, which eventually renamed itself to Yumeta Company. So yes, the studio still exists. And no one's saying that Crepuscolo should've looked like Aria S1. Avvenire looked fantastic, so Crepuscolo could've just stayed consistent by visually mimicking Avvenire.

As for the rest of your post, it's OK that you disagree with my review! I wrote it knowing that we're just lucky to have any new Aria content at all. If that were the only standard, then this movie is a 10. But I had to review it critically, and was left wondering how Crepuscolo could've turned out had it been more ambitious.

Retiring characters because their voice talent passed away isn't unheard of: The Simpsons retired all of Phil Hartman's characters after he was murdered. The Aria author could've approached it differently. For example, what if Alice had to deal with Athena no longer being around? It would've been a major tone-shift, but done correctly, this could've been yet another landmark point, just like how Aika cut her hair in the middle of Natural and ushered in stronger writing for the rest of that season.
Aug 31, 2021 11:46 PM

Dec 2015
Gippy said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

character design changes? noooo... really? that never ever everrrrrr happens... does 'Hal Film Maker' even still exist? most recent thing in the MAL database i see is 'Tamayura' from 2010. :o ... the original anime aired in 2005. fans/industry tastes change. ... if a brand spanking new theatrical release came out today, looking like 2005? nobody. in. Japan. would. have. sat. in. a. theater.

Hal Film Maker merged with TYO Animations, which eventually renamed itself to Yumeta Company. So yes, the studio still exists. And no one's saying that Crepuscolo should've looked like Aria S1. Avvenire looked fantastic, so Crepuscolo could've just stayed consistent by visually mimicking Avvenire.

As for the rest of your post, it's OK that you disagree with my review! I wrote it knowing that we're just lucky to have any new Aria content at all. If that were the only standard, then this movie is a 10. But I had to review it critically, and was left wondering how Crepuscolo could've turned out had it been more ambitious.

Retiring characters because their voice talent passed away isn't unheard of: The Simpsons retired all of Phil Hartman's characters after he was murdered. The Aria author could've approached it differently. For example, what if Alice had to deal with Athena no longer being around? It would've been a major tone-shift, but done correctly, this could've been yet another landmark point, just like how Aika cut her hair in the middle of Natural and ushered in stronger writing for the rest of that season.

retiring characters is one thing, Mr. Hartman's work was simply put... nigh on non-existent compared to Homer et al. and the rest of the 'bulk' of the franchise. for example, if Daniel Louis Castellaneta kicked the bucket how would they 'retire' Homer?

Mel Blanc died in 1989... EVERY one of his characters had to be re-cast. starring roles and all, he did nigh on hundreds.

Frank Oz, Yoda for voice actor he is.... in all the live action movies, still kicking by the way. and many MANY other Jim Henson etc. Muppet/puppet works. of course, Disney canned him bla bla bla. lots of bad blood etc. so, the Clone Wars was done by Tom Kane who had a stroke and due to his disability had to quit.

so what do you do... when one of 'The Three Water Goddesses' and one of the 3 main supporting roles as a 'mentor' in your show over multiple TV and OVA seasons needs a new actress? you recast.

now as an anime only otaku i gotta say, i've NO idea how the mangaka handled Athena suddenly being 'kohai-less' and transitioning to a pure 'singing career'... but! i commented on a season of Aria elsewhere than MAL... that SOMEBODY should have hired Athena for an opera troupe or a 'Broadway Career' type of life or heck as a vocalist. WELL before she ever considered being an Undine.

like what's her name Andrew Lloyd Webber's ex-wife... ahh... Sarah Brightman... good career BTW, i've enjoyed her solo albums for years now.

why spend years rowing a gondola for some other Joe's company when Athena 'coulda been a stah!' all on her own? i dunno. in this movie right here the screenwriters and author freely have her say "singing was all i had, all i was good at as an Undine." so in these movies she's transitioned to a 'singing career'... is that a form of character retirement? i don't know, like i said i'm no source reader, so i couldn't say.

Alicia, LITERALLY retired and left Aria Company to Akari and moved into an 'admin job' with the Gondola Association... marrying the 'mystery husband' and pushing public opinion and bla bla bla... as a 'one woman (and a cat) company' i STILL to this day don't see how the girl kept herself alive even AS one of 'The Three Water Goddesses'. but that's a whole other side-note...

so sidelining Athena ok, but you know the Aria franchise... 'wrap it up in a big "no sappy lines allowed!" pretty bow by the end of the story arc' right? everybody's gotta be happy and laughing and everything warm fluffy and fuzzy when all's said and done. is Athena going to be able to do that with Alicia without speaking? no. so, recast.

well, a merger does not an immortal studio make. when's the last time you saw a big huge giant 'Lucasfilms' logo? :> Disney-fication... at work... you gotta look damn hard to even FIND Industrial Light and Magic 'ILM' in the credits of anything anymore. not exactly a merger you say, true true, but 'allegedly' all Lucas sold was 'StarWars' not his 'studio's namesake'.

for a one hour movie? if it was any more ambitious it woulda been 'Demon Train' level work. the only beefs i saw with it were very few and far between.

once more. gondola oars. BAD DRAWING... ARIA THE FRANCHISE is infamous for that. animations, motions, propulsion speeds with the amount of effort shown by the girls and the motions they use. direction the boat is going in relation to the oar motions! the oar shafts are smaller than BROOMSTICKS when the girls are holding them in this movie! they're smaller than the girls' FINGERS! somebody shoulda got those animators a GONDOLA oar... a real life one... or some pictures of people holding gondola oars for PERSPECTIVE and ratio. i've been to Venice, i've ridden in a gondola, those oars are SERIOUS hunks of wood.

one trick i've learned by the animators of Aria in all it's variances? they (often but not always) HIDE the forcola, or 'fork' that the gondolier supports their oar on BEHIND one of the passengers. THEN they don't show the lower half of the oar JUST the half the gondolier is holding. but still the movements of the shown oar shaft and the gondoliers isn't correct in nigh on every scene.

perspectives and size ratios OF THE GONDOLAS themselves. that scene a previous Easter Egg poster gave a screen-shot of, with the two Amanchu characters in Akari's Prima gondola and Aria is carrying them a hot thermos cup of tea... watch the distance the shot shows how LONG Akari's Prima gondola is. that's an EIGHT person gondola. two seats facing to the bow immediately below the gondolier. two seats facing to the stern at the 'front' of the passenger area. FOUR SEATS/chairs facing left and right in the 'center' of the passenger area. even IF the chairs aren't in the 'center' and just Ai's 'apprentice seat' is there it's still shown with that EIGHT person ratio. Akari would never be able to navigate ANY narrow or tight spaces... which 'real Venice' is full of and the previous seasons of Aria have shown 'Neo-Venice' has plenty of.

according to the anime, Alicia's Prima gondola was retired to a museum and Akari and Alicia had to buy a brand new one as Akari's Prima gondola. so why buy a BIG UN? but that's the mangaka's problem and the movie's technical designer's problem. that's not a 'small prop' that's a BIG PROP. :D

and i definitely do agree, any new Aria is good!

as to the basic character design problem,
1 you've gotta age 'The Three Goddesses'. turn Athena into a va va voom bombshell with CRAZY long hair. turn Alicia into an 'office lady'... annnd keep Akira pretty much the same.
2 you've gotta age the 'New Primas'... from two tweenyboppers and one middle schooler to 'adults'. even though Alice is still a kid. and finally
3 ya gotta design the three noobs. well Ai already had a base design but then there's the two others.

that's the character designer and mangaka's issue. shrug. even Mr. Kubo himself freely admitted his editor at Jump at the time asked him to make Orihime 'bustier' than his first Bleach character design sketches. shrug. if Amano-sensei didn't like it, the movie wouldn't have looked like that.
Sep 2, 2021 5:53 AM

Sep 2018
I love Aria, but for the first time, I'm not that impressed with this edition to the great series. I had no problems with the character visuals and the actual animation was excellent, but it just didn't quite capture that sort of Aria atmosphere that I've come to love. The story was mediocre and they did next to nothing with the new cast as well. 6/10.

I might have enjoyed it more if it had been a few years since I watched Aria, but that wasn't the case.
Sep 4, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
It was good to see a new Aria anime after so long. While this didn't really have the same feels as the previous seasons this was still a fine watch. Getting to see them all grown up like this really makes you feel quite nostalgic. Even Maa shachou got bigger but Aria shachou never changes and lol Hime still ignores all his advances.

Looking forward to Aria the Benedizione, hopefully it'll have more Akari screentime.
Sep 8, 2021 7:52 AM

Jul 2020
I finished watching the movie and found a highly detailed, insightful review which really explains what about this film worked. The reviewer also mentions that recasting Athena is actually being respectful to Tomoko and Eri because it ensures their contributions are remembered. If I'm not remembering wrong, Athena was absent from Avvenire, so I was glad to see her return in a big way.
Sep 8, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
Need harmonized version of 『Barcarolle』 and 『Coccoro』 now please!!

Doubts started creeping in when the CGI Salamander climate-control buildings floated by but as soon as I heard the laidback guitar strums, I was back in Neo Venezia.

As much as I love Rina Satou's voice, it's still a punch in the gut to not hear Tomoko Kawakami speaking as Athena.
But her little version of Coccoro was so cute. If only Alice didn't cut her off! lol
I imagine that 's what Makoto would sound like in motherhood but not as spaced out. ^^"

It was also nice to see a more mature Akari. She's able to handle Akatsuki's teasing now without acting like a total spaz and she even picks up on his disappointment when they had to postpone the Yakatabune. So she uses that small break in her schedule and invites him for tea.

"A demon? Compared to Akira, I'm an angel!"
"SUWA!"
"AHHHHHH --- Akira-san..."
Chiwa Saitou's screams as Aika never get old.

So happy to hear Barcarolle and Coccoro again in Crepusculo. And then when Alice harmonized with Athena - if a song could become more beautiful over the years!
A duet between the two sirens is so true to Aria. If only Eri Kawai could have sung with Ryo Hirohashi before she passed.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 25, 2021 8:09 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Damn, the nostalgia T_T
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Jun 2017
...did they not play AQUA at any point in the entirety of the movie?
Oct 8, 2021 9:14 PM

Mar 2008
I'm not sure about what to think about the "retcons", but this movie still made me cry.
It should be very well understood for a long time already that Aria only exists for the fans. All extras they did and may still do are meant for old fans, not new fans.
Sure, they could had told another story, but they did something unexpected for me. After Avverie, after Athena's voice died I thought we would never see much of her again, and here we are, with a movie that have her as a central character with Alice. I just can not be happy.

The change in character design... it was more subtle than I had thought would be (never watched Amanchu), and I couldn't pay much attention anyway because of the amazing production values. The colors are so beautiful and everything so sharp... I just wish they would take advantage of the tech we have available today to remaster the first two seasons with ML.
Nov 11, 2021 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
An Alice focused eposide is good civ.
I have to say that J.C Staff has done a pretty damn good job with animating this. The characters looked pretty. I guess Akatsuki will stay tsundere forever lol.
This largely felt like a recap of the older seasons but it was great to see the seniors and most recent primas find some time for a get together. The scene where Alice and Athena singing together was epic. I missed Aika and her classic line.
Nov 30, 2021 6:03 AM

Sep 2021
💙💙💙

It's very beautiful! No matter how different studios handled the animation, Aria will always be a masterpiece.

New opening and ending themes are also great by Kiyono Yasuno.

Oh, new Athena seiyuu Satou Rina is also perfect! I can clearly hear Misaka from her voice.

Looking forward to Benedizione!

Ara ara, Alicia-san.💙
Dec 31, 2021 1:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sure it would definitely be nostalgic for most people, I watched the main series only recently though so didn't feel much of it but I guess it was still decent, too bad it's kinda short and a bit disappointing for the visuals (even though it's still pretty good), I just hope we would got more focus on the main ones instead of some sub/new characters
Jan 2, 2022 6:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep they truly started out the story of the movie with what i like first about Aria. New girl become a device to bridge the story onto the past again. Indeed its bringing back a certain memories, especially onward Alice graduation and double promotion. Athena here as still beautiful and perfect singing as i reminded back before, not to mention they both duet singing those classic song together. How blissful my ears today, even though i am bit of sad the origin va of Athena was not the same as the present. But she both still did well becoming Athena.

Bit of strange at first with the jc staff art style toward the grown-up girls. My heart can't accept it, it seems xd. But glad when the times slowly passing by, i can see why i am loving Aria, even at these day. Not to mention they also don't forget to bringing out Aika remarks all of sudden. Big lol with usual Akatsuki getting ignored and big nostalgia to all of those scenes and sing a songs.

I've heard the latest next movie will be more about the detail stories of the new trio undine girls, trio prima undine, and their present activities around Neo Venezia, not just this big nostalgic vibes. But, as always, i need to wait more time later because of the usual unrelease status at my usual source. I am definitely fine with that xd....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Mar 2018
Got that movie-quality art, looks so nice.

I love the new trio of girls, they seem to care so much about their seniors.

Alice and Athena, I'm glad they were able to make up and sing together at the end. Speaking of the end, the ED song is so good, it has to be my favorite one.
Jul 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
I was pretty impressed by the movie. I liked the animation. Satou Rina did a great job as Athena
Jul 26, 2022 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
So... I've finished rewatching the whole epic that is Aria (which was my fourth time with this title btw), but since Crepuscolo is a relatively fresh and new addition of the franchise, I was curious how it performs the second time.

What makes this movie so brilliant (outside of the Aria-esque parts, like the atmosphere and the characters) are the little things and the well-thoughtout details. (You can simplify it by calling them fanservice, but I strategically didn't choose this word, and I have my reasons thanks to the mostly negative connotation of the term.) The three girls from the Traghetto episode. The elegant adaptation of the manga chapter called Epiphany, which is a crucial part of both Alice's coming-of-age period and her relationship with Athena. The duet of the two sirens at the end of the movie. Satou Rina's role as Athena; the Kawakami Tomoko vibes were there, the difference was almost unnoticeable. And so on.

What I missed are the original character designs and a brand new inner song. Also, forcing Anya into the Alice-Athena flashback was pretty unnecessary, but that is just a minor gripe of mine.

A subtle and lyrical movie that is highly recommended. 8/10
JunchiJul 26, 2022 12:31 AM
Jan 1, 2023 11:04 AM

Jun 2015
Watching Aria always puts a wide smile on my face.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 31, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2021
Even if its a different studio aria is aria still great
Animation isn’t bad and the characters design changes aren’t huge  
They made akatsuki hot though 
Karva1May 31, 2023 1:16 PM
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

» Did you notice these easter eggs? [SPOILERS AHEAD]

diegontijo - Aug 29, 2021

4 by Aizix »»
Nov 11, 2021 3:29 AM

» do you need to watch something else bebore?

Ceijiro - Jan 23, 2021

8 by Romeo »»
Aug 21, 2021 2:23 AM

» Will these be Dubbed?

Hanazada - Aug 16, 2021

3 by alternateizumi »»
Aug 18, 2021 1:30 PM

» Blu ray releases on August 18

MegamiRem - May 13, 2021

7 by GiantQAACSleier »»
Aug 17, 2021 3:05 AM

» Opens in Japan on March 5th; Main Key Visual; Studio: J.C.Staff;

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

9 by yvsei »»
Mar 5, 2021 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.