Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2018
So, Tanehara , Miyamura's frm middle school classmate /bully appears, man , his ass should have been beaten by that guy rather than Hori.

Man, what's going on with Hori, that she has the urge of wanna be abuse by Miyamura?????
Mar 6, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
Just a perfect excuse to get your anger on those guys XD
Mar 6, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2021
Those last words Miyamura said were quite moving and that was another good ep
btw, Kawaii Hori san :)))
Mar 6, 2021 1:01 PM

Nov 2019
The episo itself was decent but I'm incredibly disappointed with the introduction of so many new characters, I was looking forward to seeing more from Honoka from so 5 or 6 but every single episode it's a new character, the comedy is still on point however and I enjoy it.
Mar 6, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2020
Woah Hori is pretty intimidating, I could relate to her in so many ways.
Mar 6, 2021 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
Kind of a meh episode for me. Only things I really enjoyed about this episode were Miyamura just abusing the masochistic Hori in public, verbally and physically and Hori acting like she got gifted the best reward in the world with him acting like a badass towards her.
Mar 6, 2021 1:47 PM

May 2018
Ah yes, Hori-san is both a yandere and a masochist at the same time
Mar 6, 2021 1:52 PM
Jun 2020
zamandzoe said:
Oh boy. They adapted the number one thing I did not want to be included in the anime.

They adapted Hori's kink thing.
In itself, that's not a bad thing. But it's not handled even close to maturely.
Miyamura has made it clear that he does not wish to go along with it, but Hori pushes him to do it anyway. In real life, that would be incredibly toxic and frowned upon.
This could have been an opportunity for the series to show a couple talking this kind of thing out, but no.
What's worse is that while I doubt we'll see much more of in the anime, it's a reoccurring thing in the manga. It made my enjoyment of it drop significantly.
Side note, it's sad to see people laughing this off as if it's perfectly normal comedy. But that's just me.
(To be fair, I found Hori getting slapped in front of the store hilarious, but moreso because Hori got slapped and not because it was from Miyamura)

In other words, I am absolutely kinkshaming Hori and feel no remorse.
Hence why Hori is my least favorite character in HORImiya.

That aside, everything else was great. I very much enjoyed the two characters we met.
the great thing about this show is that it’s not real, aswell as these kids are in highschool of course they won’t handle things in the most mature way. If they were to handle such an obscure problem like a therapist there would be no sense of reality to it.
Mar 6, 2021 1:55 PM
Jun 2020
ItzElite said:
bitthal01101998 said:
Are they going to adapt the whole manga?

No, probably not since it's like 120 chapters
i wouldn’t doubt a second or even third season considering how well received it has been, and as long as they follow the manga it will only get better from here on out. Oh and the reason why a second and third season are extremely probable is that the show got a dub 4 weeks after the release, when on week 1 there wasn’t even any plans to dub it
Mar 6, 2021 2:10 PM

Feb 2019
This episode really amped up all the issues that have been plaguing the adaptation so far, but this was the most 'choppy' episode we've had yet. The first half felt almost as hectic as Pop Team Epic and the signature chaotic energy wasn't what this show was going for. Miyamura spent too many seconds in a still expression looking at the water running before reacting. Everything in this was turbo paced, no beats lasted long enough, except for that one, in which it lasted too long. The production is so sloppy in this episode, even more so than what I've come to expect from it.
Mar 6, 2021 2:12 PM
Jan 2019
Hori is a freak. Out in public to, like what the fuck. Is it really like this is the manga? I was told going into this it's a very wholesome yet hori is getting abused.
Mar 6, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 2021
Igoxoc said:
I don't know if this is a me problem or not, but I can't find episode 9 on kickassanime or animekisa. **PLEASE HELP**

Idk if u've been able to see it but if not, its on gogoanime and 13.9anime
Mar 6, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Hori and her yandere-ish reaction this episode is gold.

I find this episode pretty interesting with some focus on Makio Taihara. What's also interesting is that he used to bully people including Miyamura. Seems like the type of character that isn't easy to get along with.

This anime has such a diverse range of characters that it's easy to find someone relatable.

he only bullied Miyamura, not anyone else
RT_exe said:
I know the anime is about Hori san and Miyamura kun but really...guys don't you think its about time you give that green hair guy a chance like..really the only time he ever appears if someone talks bout songs..man he has less TV time than miyamuras glasses, tattoos, the rabbits in ep 9, the mizouchi guy who's hairstyle looks like the student council president. I really feel bad for that guy...he was probably forced to fill the gap on the bottom left corner of the anime poster..lol

Btw the episode was not as good as the last ones. The part where the moichi guy comes, didn't connect at all with the whole plot..but lets see what happens next time. Did like the fact that hori was reading horimiya manga lol

you'd probably be surprised to find that Iura (green haired guy) won 3rd place in the 1st popularity poll
also if you don't like the direction this story is going (how it focused a lot on the side character) then you're most likely not going to enjoy Horimiya any longer... Cause the charm of Horimiya is the stories of the side characters
Mar 6, 2021 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
Pa-in said:
zamandzoe said:
Oh boy. They adapted the number one thing I did not want to be included in the anime.

Miyamura has made it clear that he does not wish to go along with it, but Hori pushes him to do it anyway. In real life, that would be incredibly toxic and frowned upon.
This could have been an opportunity for the series to show a couple talking this kind of thing out, but no.
What's worse is that while I doubt we'll see much more of in the anime, it's a reoccurring thing in the manga. It made my enjoyment of it drop significantly.
Side note, it's sad to see people laughing this off as if it's perfectly normal comedy. But that's just me.
(To be fair, I found Hori getting slapped in front of the store hilarious, but moreso because Hori got slapped and not because it was from Miyamura)

That aside, everything else was great. I very much enjoyed the two characters we met.
the great thing about this show is that it’s not real, aswell as these kids are in highschool of course they won’t handle things in the most mature way. If they were to handle such an obscure problem like a therapist there would be no sense of reality to it.

I believe it is completely reasonable for two high school students to be able to handle this kind of situation at least semi-maturely.
If anything, can't it be boiled down to "Someone has made their stance on a matter clear, so their significant other should respect that choice."
I think that's something high schoolers should be able to comprehend, or at the least, learn.
Spoiler: Hori does not.
It doesn't take a therapist to come to this kind of conclusion.

And of course it's fiction. But Horimiya, thus far, has shown itself to be a relatively grounded and realistic show in my opinion.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Mar 6, 2021 3:11 PM

Apr 2020
I can see we went more into Miyamura’s childhood in this episode, and now “officially” that Hori’s “kink” is Miyamura yelling at him, I guess. It was decent that Miyamura was seeing his Middle School friends that used to pick on him for the first time since forever, and it was quite interesting to see that Miyamura got in trouble in Middle School for not feeding the rabbits, even though we saw in this episode that it wasn’t his responsibility.

I find this episode decent. I’m still not a huge fan of Horimiya, still give it a 6/10 and I’ve seen so much better anime then Horimiya in my life before, but I can see why people love Horimiya and I can definitely see why in this episode too.

Overall, this episode was decent.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 6, 2021 3:27 PM

Jul 2020
Ohhhkay, their relationship turned from cute to sexual to just straight down abuse lmao xD
Mar 6, 2021 4:04 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hori continues to bully Miyamura by forcing him to get rough with her. This episode focuses on Miyamura and his relationship with Tanihara who bullied and ignored him in middle school. It seems like Tanihara wanted to reconnect with Miyamura when he saw him again in high school, but he couldn't get over the fact that a guy like Miyamura was with Hori. Tanihara is such a tusndere around Miyamura in a sense that he acts like he doesn't care about Miyamura, but deep down he really cares about him. Hori and Miyamura's conversation about yearbooks was interesting to me because as much I wanted to get rid of my high school yearbook, its just too massive to throw away. Plus a lot of my classmates and teachers signed my yearbook. Hell, I still have my middle school yearbook.
Mar 6, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2017
Hori trash personality. Couldn't even laugh at that.
If she wasn't a masochist and Miyamura liked to punch her,
people wouldn't treat that as a comic relief.
He doesn't like to hurt her, it's an one-sided fetish.
I think they really should've left this out of the anime,
there's no point if both of them doesn't like it.
Mar 6, 2021 4:29 PM
May 2016
This show promoting or joking about abuse as a "kink" is really weird. And the other characters (who obviously don't know why he's doing it) looking at Miyamura with admiration "wow he beats girls now, he really has matured" o_0 is even weirder. Is there not one guy who isn't going to go up to him and be like "dude that's not cool"?
Mar 6, 2021 4:32 PM
Mar 2021
I love hori, she’s great
Mar 6, 2021 4:34 PM
Sep 2020
Chapters in this episode (in order): second half of chapter 38, 46, bathroom part of chapter 47, 54, 55, (chapter 54 again, book part)

I don't think that they will skip
since there is a lot of stuff happening during that part. (48-53)
Mar 6, 2021 4:48 PM
Feb 2021
hori is super kinky ig, it must be super weird for miyamura to go along with her weird kink.
Mar 6, 2021 4:52 PM
May 2019
I loved this episode. More insight into miyamura's backstory. I also really liked when Tanihara did that thing with the "2 of each." It really reminded me of that one scene from A Silent Voice. This entire episode actually reminded me of A Silent Voice.
Mar 6, 2021 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode by far. It was both the funniest and the one that most hit deep in it's character drama. Horimiya is solidifying as my favorite new anime from Winter 2021. Really looking foward to see if they're going to keep up this quality.
Mar 6, 2021 5:02 PM

Apr 2015
Today we learned that Hori can punch some guys pretty damn well, but she also loves to be on the receiving end of getting slapped in the face by Miyamura. That kink is ridiculous but I love it, so much that the slap in question made me laugh out loud while everyone had already gone to sleep...

Hori and Miyamura dynamic was great again, but other than that, it was probably one of the weaker episodes for me. The Makio Tanihara moments were interesting, the history between him and Miyamura, wasn't always so good but they seem to get better along now.
Mar 6, 2021 5:22 PM
Jun 2017
Hori is such an Overprotective GF... Nice one... Hahaha...

And also she wants some weird tazey, i mean if izumi is angry with her, she is happier than normal izumi. Hahaha
Mar 6, 2021 5:25 PM

Feb 2020
im not sure what the whole thing with rabbits is about but I like how he is rebuilding his relationship with the kid he use to bully/ignore. the relationship for some strange reason reminds me of the movie a silent voice.

Mar 6, 2021 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
Hori, go to horny jail ! BONK
Mar 6, 2021 5:55 PM

Jan 2021
bitthal01101998 said:
Are they going to adapt the whole manga?

Most likely not. There are many skipped contents from the manga. You can check out the manga it's pretty good too.
Mar 6, 2021 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
God, that first half was atrocious. Seriously, the kink thing is being handled so poorly I can't help but cringe every time I see Hori forcing Miyamura to do something he clearly doesn't feel comfortable with. Not to mention how awful it would be to see a guy slapping his girlfriend in public but of course, this show portrays it as mere comedy. Kinda fucked up, honestly.

As for Tanihara's character, the "in" and "out" analogy sure made me feel confused regarding what he was struggling with. For a moment I thought the show was hinting at him being gay but in the end it turned out it was referring to him being an insecure bully who wanted to be liked and for that reason, he used Miyamura as a scapegoat. This said, I think this part was well-handled despite my initial confusion.
Mar 6, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
some cool new characters introduced, some more interesting backstory for miyamura too. also, since when did miyamura's family run a bakery?
Mar 6, 2021 6:46 PM

Feb 2019
Love how they capitalized on Hori's dominance thing and got people's reactions for it. The whole relationship between Tanihara and Miyamura is intriguing, and I'm really looking forward to getting over Miyamura's past. Also, good on Hori for beating those dudes there.
Mar 6, 2021 7:01 PM
Oct 2017
I didn't like this episode, the joke of the masochistic hori is getting boring. All dialogues were repetitive. I also didn't like the interaction with the bullys.
Mar 6, 2021 7:30 PM

Sep 2018
God, this show is getting more and more retarded every time I watch it, a lot of cringe involved in this episode.

"Could you punch Hori?"
"No, I could never punch Hori"
"Then you could never be with her" *Dramatic scene fades....

LOL, this crap is so stupid. And their relationship is just weird at this point.
Mar 6, 2021 7:34 PM
Feb 2021
I enjoyed this episode. I liked that it focused on Hori and Miyamura's relationship dynamic and how to navigate through it. I loved how we got to see more of Miyamura's middle school life.
Mar 6, 2021 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
even more new characters i continue to dislike this pacing ,this uh relationship has taken a strange turn went from loving it to being like yabe i don't know about that maybe don't make your abusive kink play on public display? fast track to getting yourself reported D:
Mar 6, 2021 7:53 PM

Jan 2020
A fine enough episode featuring 2 new characters that I can see myself liking in the future. The part where he had the phone in his pocket for the whole time was somewhat relatable lol

Mar 6, 2021 8:08 PM
Jul 2019
Pa-in said:
ItzElite said:

No, probably not since it's like 120 chapters
i wouldn’t doubt a second or even third season considering how well received it has been, and as long as they follow the manga it will only get better from here on out. Oh and the reason why a second and third season are extremely probable is that the show got a dub 4 weeks after the release, when on week 1 there wasn’t even any plans to dub it

Do you really think so? Considering the fact that the manga is mostly slice of life, and they already cut out a good part of the interactions between the main group of friends, it seems probable to me that they are planning to adapt the whole manga in just this one season. Not to mention the fact that it's episode 9 and they not so casually did an episode focused almost entirely on the growth of Miyamura as a person. They probably will cut out most of the secondary characters' development (which is a bit of a shame, by the way), maybe give the Yuki and Tooru relationship a bit more time, and wrap the whole thing up by the time the manga comes to a close as well.
Mar 6, 2021 8:13 PM

Apr 2017
This episode is probably one of the worst episodes I've watched in a romcom series so far. Absolute fast dogshit pacing as always. Mixing sexual kink scenes in a making amends centered episode, what? Who thought that was a good idea? It's like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth. A character who was a bully and still talk shit to Miyamura after years suddenly grew conscious just because. "Oh no he's just tsundere" yeah no bitch, this dude legit had suicidal thoughts because of bullies like you were in his life. Miyamura also treats it ever so lightly. What, just because you have Hori now, the past means nothing all of a sudden? Talk about brushing it off nonchalantly when you actually were depressed and had suicidal thoughts.

Honestly this series can be SO MUCH better with better directing, but this jumble mess of mini stories here and there that don't connect A to B but instead goes from F to Q and back to C is absolute horseshit.

Mar 6, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2021
ttcchen said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Hori and her yandere-ish reaction this episode is gold.

I find this episode pretty interesting with some focus on Makio Taihara. What's also interesting is that he used to bully people including Miyamura. Seems like the type of character that isn't easy to get along with.

This anime has such a diverse range of characters that it's easy to find someone relatable.

RT_exe said:
I know the anime is about Hori san and Miyamura kun but really...guys don't you think its about time you give that green hair guy a chance like..really the only time he ever appears if someone talks bout songs..man he has less TV time than miyamuras glasses, tattoos, the rabbits in ep 9, the mizouchi guy who's hairstyle looks like the student council president. I really feel bad for that guy...he was probably forced to fill the gap on the bottom left corner of the anime poster..lol

Btw the episode was not as good as the last ones. The part where the moichi guy comes, didn't connect at all with the whole plot..but lets see what happens next time. Did like the fact that hori was reading horimiya manga lol

you'd probably be surprised to find that Iura (green haired guy) won 3rd place in the 1st popularity poll
also if you don't like the direction this story is going (how it focused a lot on the side character) then you're most likely not going to enjoy Horimiya any longer... Cause the charm of Horimiya is the stories of the side characters
yaa chotto matte...why do you sound dissapointed...if I didnt like it I wouldn't finish all seven episodes in one night during my exam...Tbh I wanted to see that love triangle of toru more.
Mar 6, 2021 8:24 PM
Dec 2020
Great episode Love Hori and her kinks. Miyamuras past hurts at least he’s getting back some respect from those bullies. Also I like how this episode had more focus on Hori and Miyamura then the side character’s. Hori and Miyamura their relationship is what I want to see.
Mar 6, 2021 8:30 PM
Dec 2020
I wonder how they would end this show it’s only 12 episodes and I don’t think there going for a second season. Either way when this finishes finna binge the manga.
Mar 6, 2021 8:54 PM

Jun 2020
lmao miyamura yelling hori and hori is atually enjoying it
we have miyamura' past this episode , and its kinda sad
but yea such a great episode afterall

Mar 6, 2021 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode, and this time the MVP was definitely Hori, she stood for him before he could stand for himself. It's great how their relationship evolves, and now suddenly the other guy feels bad for bullying him when they were younger, lmao

One of the things that i like the most about horimiya is the variety of great characters and some of their backstories.

Hori is so crazy tho, I feel bad for Miyamura, since they are doing it outside, not even at home xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2021 9:18 PM
Jan 2018
Im glad that Hori is there for Miyamura when he feels like not responding, because we all know that he could beat those guys up by himself. He can count on her for anything and viceversa.

The whole 'push me, be a little rough with me' thing was a bit funny and maybe a bit heart throbbing at first, but now I just feel so uncomfortable watching those parts. Also Miyamura looks and feels uncomfortable doing that...so I hope that it stops soon.

Overall an ok episode, can't wait to see their relationship develop more.
Mar 6, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2014
RT_exe said:
ttcchen said:

yaa chotto matte...why do you sound dissapointed...if I didnt like it I wouldn't finish all seven episodes in one night during my exam...Tbh I wanted to see that love triangle of toru more.
lol im not disappointed, i just don't want to be the bringer of bad news for you. you liked these 7 episodes cause Horimiya is still Horimiya, but eventually it won't be the same Horimiya as you've enjoyed and many manga-readers are turned off by the later direction the story is headed in (not me tho, I still enjoy it).
Mar 6, 2021 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
in real life, someone may have called the police on miyamura lol
Mar 6, 2021 9:50 PM
Oct 2019
zamandzoe said:

While I agree that the kink thing wasn't handled as well as it could, I think toxic is bit too strong of a word here.

1. While Miyamura did express him disliking the action itself, we also see him enjoying the enjoyment it brings Hori, in this aspect it's not dissimilar to ehm "hand relief" of your partner, sure some do enjoy it but it can just as well be done solely for satisfaction of partner without it being toxic.

2. We gotta keep in mind that in realm of anime and manga physical/violent comedy is prevalent even though in reality you punching your friend because they made a bad joke or you knocking out someone because they insulted you or someone you like(ehm Hori this episode) is considered assault, yet we don't require these actions to be explored realistically, we just accept them for what they are, comedy.

3. In this episode while Hori's insistence I saw as bit yikes, Miyamura talking to Kyousuke and Mizouchi about Hori's kink is BIG yikes. That's something very private for Hori shared as far as we know without her permission, with Kyousuke it could be justifiable, Miyamura asking for help from father-in-law and a married man is fair enough but him talking about it with Mizouchi is absolutely unjustifiable, doubly so because what he said very well might not be even true, which brings me to my next point.

4. Miyamura said that to be with Hori you gotta be willing to punch her if she asks for it, for this there is no basis beyond a guess, bad one at that. Earlier in the episode Kyousuke says that this kink might be something exclusive to Miyamura(or rather his meek type of personality). So we don't know if she likes her partner being rude to her in all cases but even if she did, we are never given the impression of her being willing to break up with Miyamura if he straight up refused to do this, a kink fullfilment can be a requirement in some relationships, I never got that feeling with Hori, her pouting and saying "do you not love me anymore" was seemed to suggest it but in this case I'd say it was an exaggerated reaction done for laughs. To top the statement off, him saying that unless you are willing to punch Hori you can't be with her, while we never saw him punch her is not great. The most we saw him do is a light slap, with the normal being him insulting her, we of course don't know what goes on in the bed so I'd give him a pass if it was just the exaggeration of the degree of violence but all together the statement was problematic,very possibly incorrect and most importantly cringe.

5. The most toxic thing in this episode I saw was the boys reacting to Miyamura being violent to Hori as they did. While again played for laughs, if I was to complain about any part it would be this. With Horimiya's friends and classmates we can assume there's been a talk about this behavior, even if it was just Hori saying "Don't worry, I like it." That's once again fair enough, however with the newly introduced characters we see them being surprised and not even questioning it, in case of Tanihara and his merry band we could say they were scared of both Hori and Miyamura, which wouldn't make it okay but it is understandable to a degree. However in case of Mizouchi his reaction wasn't him being scared of either of the two, instead he gained respect for Miyamura because he assumed that was Miyamura just being assertive.

TLDR.: If there's any character in this episode with a toxic mentality it is Mizouchi, his reaction was very indicative of some degree of toxic masculanity.

Otherwise the episode was quite fun, the bully story I fear will be rather meh but we'll have to see.
Mar 6, 2021 10:13 PM

May 2015
zamandzoe said:

This. And it gets even worse if you think about that the anime makes it look like the other characters (mostly boys), at least in two scenes, start to feel respect towards Miyamura after they have seen him being abusive with his girlfriend. What kind of fucked up message is that? It is one thing that the girl has this kink, but it is completly another that the anime says to you slapping girls publicly is a cool and funny thing.
IshitatesoMar 7, 2021 5:49 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.