Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Jun 2020
They are focusing a lot on this kink in the anime lol definitely rubbing some people the wrong way.

Anyway the Tanihara bit was really well-adapted it brought tears to my eyes. I really loved the art & the bunny dream & that scene when he went to Miyamura’s shop was really heartwrenching (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) the past hurts & I’m glad they have all grown from it.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
Is Hori-san masochist?

It's a kinda heartwarming episode nonetheless.
Mar 6, 2021 11:35 PM

Dec 2018
Hori having a weird interest, poor Miyamura have to be mean toward her girlfriend even he doesn't wanted too.... Hori is awesome when he beat that two bullies, such a strong girl. That light blue hair bully guy looks like Toru.... Toru with light blue hair.. ahaha..

Mar 6, 2021 11:40 PM
Aug 2020
WE STAN MASOCHIST HORI
Mar 6, 2021 11:43 PM
Jan 2021
The episode was great!!
The locker part had such a deep and impactful meaning to it.
the music was amazing
there was nice comedy as usual but it's still too fast-paced. But overall this was an improvement on the previous episodes.
Hori was acting weird in a funny way
Tanihara transformed in a positive way.

Horimiya is back:)
Mar 6, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2020
In this episode, we explore more of Hori's Yandere side. We get to explore the characters that don't like Miyamura, Mizouchi, and Tanihara! Tanihara is revealed to be insecure about being alone. He's trying to get along with Miyamura. Hori's kink about liking males who act tough is quite interesting. I can't wait to understand more about Tanihara!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 12:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
AH FRICK THE RABBITS I could only think of re:zero....

And the track pants under the skirt, is that just a thing or is it a CHIHAYAFURU reference??!!

Need more miyamura slapping hori-san scenes

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 7, 2021 12:44 AM

Oct 2018
Hori is funny when she is jealous, angry and her masochist side :')
Mar 7, 2021 1:04 AM

Jan 2010
Oh, my sides hurt. LOL.
When he slapped her in broad daylight, it just came out of nowhere, it just cracked me open lol.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Mar 7, 2021 1:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"Koitsu M, kah?" Seriously, Hori-san? Talked about yourself, right? Lol. Damn you, Hori-san. She made that poor guys even misunderstood your amusing relationship with Miyamura-kun. I just laughed out loud with every of their dynamics, ngl. I thought she was just kidding in the previous episode. The father also had a good point too there. Hori-san loved that kinky, but only for Miyamura-kun. Sweet candy for sure, and suited well to their current situations theme. You know what i mean?

No. No that previous sexual one. Its about helping out Miyamura-kun cleared out some of his middle school problem. Glad seeing that, and its not turned out to be a forever regret for those Miyamura-kun's former middle school mate. I actually had some regrets too back there. So, yeah, kinda relatable for me, and it was so good which made me smile through the end of the episode.

Very good episodic episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 7, 2021 1:36 AM

Dec 2020
honestly not rly into whatever hori is making miyamura doing especially when he's against it like irl that'd be p toxic but its fine here because its played off as a comedy lol !! /s other than that the stuff with his bully was pretty interesting. i liked the use of fences, lockers "inside" and "outside"
Mar 7, 2021 1:52 AM

Sep 2020
I really don't like this subplot kinda thing with Hori's kink being that she likes being abused. I mean listen, if you're into that then all the power to ya I ain't gonna kinkshame anyone, but the show kinda butchered the execution of it. Miyamura being forced to go through with that stuff even though he didn't want to made me feel really uncomfortable.
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Mar 7, 2021 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
Is Hori a M? It was both interesting and funny the first time Hori asked Miyamura to act rough with her but now it's just weird.
Mar 7, 2021 2:18 AM
Jan 2021
zamandzoe said:
Oh boy. They adapted the number one thing I did not want to be included in the anime.

They adapted Hori's kink thing.
In itself, that's not a bad thing. But it's not handled even close to maturely.
Miyamura has made it clear that he does not wish to go along with it, but Hori pushes him to do it anyway. In real life, that would be incredibly toxic and frowned upon.
This could have been an opportunity for the series to show a couple talking this kind of thing out, but no.
What's worse is that while I doubt we'll see much more of in the anime, it's a reoccurring thing in the manga. It made my enjoyment of it drop significantly.
Side note, it's sad to see people laughing this off as if it's perfectly normal comedy. But that's just me.
(To be fair, I found Hori getting slapped in front of the store hilarious, but moreso because Hori got slapped and not because it was from Miyamura)

In other words, I am absolutely kinkshaming Hori and feel no remorse.
Hence why Hori is my least favorite character in HORImiya.

That aside, everything else was great. I very much enjoyed the two characters we met.

yes someone who agrees with me. i have not read the manga but i heard about this plot point and i just prayed they wouldn’t include it in the anime mainly because up until episode 8 i found it to be quite sweet and realistic. this s&m kink thing seems entirely out of place and honestly it feels a bit inappropriate to include in a slice of life show about teenagers. if i saw a girl getting smacked by her boyfriend in public i would immediately think that she was a victim of abuse so it’s kind of weird how all the characters just laugh it off. and you’re right that miyamura really does not seem to enjoy doing that to hori and it just sucks that she’s forcing this kink onto him . i had hoped they would just keep this plot point to episode 8 but if they’re going to keep bringing it up for the rest of the show then my enjoyment is definitely going to diminish. as i understand the manga has so many different plot points that probably won’t be animated so i’m not sure why they keep bringing this one up.
Mar 7, 2021 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
i won't lie, i laughed when miyamura hit hori infront of his bullies but i also find it uncomfortable how she keeps forcing him to do it. i mean it's pretty obvious he doesn't like it. in real life, this kinda of thing would be toxic but i find it uncomfortable how they made it as a comedy in here. At this point, it's fair to say she doen't like him as he is. she just wants him to be someone he doesn't want to be.

Mar 7, 2021 3:53 AM

Apr 2019
Gonna be honest, I didn't like this episode much. As much as I love drama, it doesn't suit Horimiya. The thing is, the drama was the best part of this episode. I normally like this anime, but this episode.... no.

Also, the plot is feeling like it's forced together now. I don't like where this is going.

2/5.

minfairys said:
i won't lie, i laughed when miyamura hit hori infront of his bullies but i also find it uncomfortable how she keeps forcing him to do it. i mean it's pretty obvious he doesn't like it. in real life, this kinda of thing would be toxic but i find it uncomfortable how they made it as a comedy in here. At this point, it's fair to say she doen't like him as he is. she just wants him to be someone he doesn't want to be.

I agree with this so much.
ag_Mar 7, 2021 4:05 AM
my life was made with mematic.
Mar 7, 2021 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
As others said, this episode was kind of a downgrade from the things which were going on before, as I personally like the chemistry between Hori and Miyamura. If the show is focusing too much on these two, it kind of loses it's appeal to me as all the side characters are super interesting to me and this is kind of a rare thing.

The new maso fetish from Hori is something which also exists in real life for sure, but the open display is something, which just doesn't happen in our society.

The other story point about the rabbit and the bully is coming out of nowhere for me and is simply not interesting at all. They should have foreshadowed the rabbit thing earlier and it would provide a good payoff now, but well.
Mar 7, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2014
Damn this is peak Hori-san. And the way she mistakes Miyamura for bing an M makes it even more gold. XD

Aghhh I want a Hori-san in my life.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 7, 2021 4:28 AM
Jul 2020
Shindo slowly becoming one of my favourite characters. But damn this show makes me miss school.
Mar 7, 2021 4:47 AM

Aug 2008
Miyamura!! T-T He is such a good kid! I am not sure how I feel about Hori's weird request, especially since it makes him so uncomfortable but the way she protected him from his former bully's was amazing! Don't mess with Hori!I'm gonna have to think on how I feel about this.... But another amazing episode.
Mar 7, 2021 5:54 AM
Mar 7, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2012
What an unrealistic blue pilled anime.
Mar 7, 2021 6:14 AM
Sep 2017
Always able to surprise me again
Mar 7, 2021 6:19 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, not even a minute into the episode before Hori reaches a new low in hitting Miyamura because other girls dared to react to how she styled his hair. Then she takes his bag and possessions from him as a continuation of her anger at him for something that's entirely her own fucking fault to begin with. How much of this shit is Miyamura going to put up with, when he clearly doesn't want to do it? It's just downright toxic from Hori to keep pushing the issue and then resorting to emotional abuse ("one more time", "do you not love me anymore?") and manipulation - that's also actively enabled by the other characters in the show - when she doesn't get what she wants from him.

But don't worry guys, it's obviously okay because it's played for comedic effect, because she sticks up for him every now and then and because it sUBveRTs exPECtaTiONs! No, it's not okay, it's actually incredibly toxic and literally the exact opposite of funny and the exact opposite of a healthy relationship. I'm more than happy to kinkshame Hori when her "kinks" are causing her to be toxic in her relationship with Miyamura (and I think calling her behaviour part of her "kink" is just a convenient excuse to gloss over how problematic and unpleasant those aspects of her behaviour actually are).

For the most part, this show has been relatively inoffensive so far, bogged down by rushed pacing and questionable directing, but this episode is the first time the show has actively angered me. Hori is probably my least favourite female romcom lead of all time, at least from romcoms generally accepted to be noteworthy.
AtavisticMar 7, 2021 6:30 AM
Mar 7, 2021 6:57 AM
Nov 2016
I hope they will cover the sports festival
Mar 7, 2021 7:20 AM

Aug 2011
Nezia_Ekusos said:
What I love most about this anime is that it is so different to any other sol romcom it breaks all the stereotype of episodes in an sol anime. Its pacing is perfect. it has cute kinda funny moments and whole lot of non cliche episodes that you always wanted to see in these animes but the mc or mc's girlfriend just do dumb shit everytime. everything is wrong and they fight they get back they now love each other and shit.. But this anime does no bullshit like that. i just think that this anime will go under appreciated.. And i think this anime is going to a very unique new and intriguing direction and this is a very big statement considering this is a highschool rom sol with almost the most generic stuff.. But it really is completely unique and it fucking breaks the stereotypes of sol so this is a big thing in my eye

My sentiments exactly!
Mar 7, 2021 7:32 AM
Apr 2019
Applause to Hori for standing up for Miyamura <3 Those bullies really deserved it lol the yandere mode is really funny
Mar 7, 2021 8:21 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Hori, the greatest M to Miyamura and the greatest S to anyone that is not Miyamura lmao.

Miyamura got some amazing development with Tanihara, I really liked that. What he did with the rabbits and ignoring Miyamura for no reason just because he seems emo and all that was really bad, but misguided kids are in the end just kids. At least he realizes the stupid shit that he has done and tries to apologize to Miyamura, well he didn't actually say it, but he's showing it through his actions. And now Miyamura is gaining all these friends that he didn't have before, that's really great. Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 7, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2017
It kinda hurt to watch this episode, to see more of Miyamura's painful past but it felt very inspiring to see him facing it with an open and forgiving attitude and to see Hori standing right beside him, supporting him. Makes me feel like I should face my past too but I don't think I'm ready yet.

The running joke of Hori's S&M kink is so funny, especially when other people see it in action XD
Mar 7, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
I thought the bully had a crush on Miyamura

Good episode 5/5
Mar 7, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2019
Ah this show is getting worse every week. Why there are so many side characters that got introduced yet not explored properly. They just appear out of thin air and we suposed to care to them. All the characters interactions and actions felt rather forced and unnatural. Not to mention Hori and Miyamura are one of the least appealing couple I have ever seen so far. Miyamura always seen as this grim character in the past and Hori always seems as a masochist and hide her abuse nature. I dislike her character and with her personality too. Side characters are better than the main which is a shame.

Mar 7, 2021 12:17 PM
Oct 2019
Poor Miyamura :( He meets his old classmates who used to bully him and Hori punches the shit out of them she forces him to act like a douchebag again.
Tanihara and Mizouchi are nice guys now.

Hori preggers again??? nani Kyosuke explain pls
--------------------------------------------------------
Horimiya started out great and we still see some of that from time to time but this whole masochistic Hori isn't my cup of tea.

A bit of masochism isn't that bad but It just feels so out of place in Horimiya, Both me and Miyamure dont want this :)
WhatTheNaniiiMar 7, 2021 12:34 PM
Life is not daijoubu
Mar 7, 2021 12:40 PM
Oct 2019
Nezia_Ekusos said:
What I love most about this anime is that it is so different to any other sol romcom it breaks all the stereotype of episodes in an sol anime. Its pacing is perfect. it has cute kinda funny moments and whole lot of non cliche episodes that you always wanted to see in these animes but the mc or mc's girlfriend just do dumb shit everytime. everything is wrong and they fight they get back they now love each other and shit.. But this anime does no bullshit like that. i just think that this anime will go under appreciated.. And i think this anime is going to a very unique new and intriguing direction and this is a very big statement considering this is a highschool rom sol with almost the most generic stuff.. But it really is completely unique and it fucking breaks the stereotypes of sol so this is a big thing in my eye

Are you enjoying the masochism of Hori???

It sure is different from other shows of this genre...
Life is not daijoubu
Mar 7, 2021 1:12 PM

Jan 2016
Look at that, yandere Hori and kinky Hori in one episode lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 7, 2021 3:31 PM
Jun 2020
I loved this episodes comedy portion I was rolling the whole time, Cant get enough of Hori being a Masochist
Mar 7, 2021 3:55 PM

Oct 2020
Can never get over how funny it is that Hori likes being degraded by Miyamura lol.

I liked the two plot sin this episode and the same motif that they dealt with. I'm glad they fleshed out Tanihara a bit, even though he still is kind of an ass.
Mar 7, 2021 6:15 PM

Mar 2010
Only have one word for this episodes and its yikes. Ehhh, so many new characters introduced this episode. I am surprised the school lets a student take care of the feeding of their pets... lmao. Also how does one forget to feed them.
Mar 7, 2021 11:41 PM

Nov 2014
Haha another showcase of S Miya and M Hori ...
Hori seems to dislikes other girls fawning over Miyamura when she was doing his hair..:D. On the way to home they met Miyamura's classmates from Junior High and one of them was Tanihara. They mocked Miyamura especially his gloomy past yet they didn't realize Miyamura got Hori beside him now. Hearing those mockery of Miyamura, She fed up, exploded and throw her inner beast then beat them to a pulp haha...

Inner -S Hori asking another "rough" action to Miyamura tho haha... poor Shindou and his perverted thinking misunderstand their intent. Tanihara and co's even calling Hori "Miyamura's summoned beast" haha.. and now they even got scared with Miyamura's too after seeing him doing that "rough play" to Hori XD. Poor Miyamura's pure heart after doing those "play" to Hori haahahha..his expressions was priceless.

Miyamura asking advice from Hori's dad about her strange behaviour XD. Meanwhile at school Mizouchi seems to show his dislike towards Miyamura as she seems to had a crush on Hori. Still Miyamura told him that no one can handle Hori other than him. Then he showed Mizouchi his "rough S" act toward Hori and make him utterly stoned haha... that smug satisfying face of "M-Hori" tho after getting her long awaited S-Treatment XD.

Tanihara kept getting restless as he remembered the past he had with Miyamura and felt regretted of what he had done to Him ( about the dead rabbit and bullying). Still, he felt awkward to met him directly. In the end he actually realized that the one who kept away was him Since Miyamura still thinking good of him despite of what he had done. Well they met face to face in front of the bakery as Tanihara using the bread as an excuse while apologizing and they make up with each other.

That some nice "break the 4th wall" thingies with HoriMiya Magazines inside the Anime itself XD. Hori realized now Miyamura seems to come to terms with his past as he didn't throw his junior high album after all that happened in his past. And after all good things happen now he's pretty sure that no one has no friend in this world.

Ok, now they grouped and adapted all Tanihara's chapter + Mizouchi one... so the remaining pages from ch 38, 46, few of 47 then 54, 55. That quite big skip, they tend to skipped some chapters/part where no HoriMiya in it. They also seems to skipped whole sports festival chapters too :( ...( There are lot of other characters funny and hilarious moments in it too like Iura, Sawada, and others...)
It getting closer to the end, really excited to see next episode :DD

Mar 8, 2021 12:23 AM
Mar 2018
Lmao the bullies got a whooping

Miyamura meeting new people, and re-visiting other people is such an intereesting way to tell Miyamura's personality and development. Alongside Hori's crazy interactions (and fetishes??) makes this show more interesting each episode.

Mar 8, 2021 12:52 AM

Oct 2008
Kinky fetish huh...that it doesn't stick with me...hmmmmm
4/5.

Mar 8, 2021 2:11 AM

Sep 2020
Whenever Hori-san gets jealous when other girls are around miyamura is hilarious xD
Also looks like hori-san's masochist side awakens yet again on this episode lol xD

Hori san and miyamura bump into few bullies from Miyamura's past but seems like hori san's yandere mode got activated xD

Looks like Tanihara and miyamura kun will get along well. And also with this guy who had a crush on hori san xD

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Mar 8, 2021 2:12 AM

Oct 2018
It's funny how masochistic Hori-san like she doesn't care if Miyamura-kun attacks her, she just smiles happily anyway XD

And also this might be an episode where Tanihara and Miyamura-kun beginning to get along well. Which is nice to have a new friend with someone. I'm counting on you, Miyamura-kun! XD
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 8, 2021 2:26 AM
Feb 2021
im addicted also hori’s kink is a mood. they probably shouldnt do that in public but i guess its for the laughs
Mar 8, 2021 3:24 AM

Oct 2011
I think it was kind of odd to go to hori’s dad about their sex life and her kinks lol... I mean he deff needs advice on the matter and the scene was funny but like ... awk idk
Mar 8, 2021 4:52 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao Hori really have a weird fetish... Hori is Masochist
Mar 8, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
miyamura's friends are interesting kind of they'll be traumatized by hori lol.
Mar 8, 2021 11:32 AM
Mar 2019
zamandzoe said:
Oh boy. They adapted the number one thing I did not want to be included in the anime.

They adapted Hori's kink thing.
In itself, that's not a bad thing. But it's not handled even close to maturely.
Miyamura has made it clear that he does not wish to go along with it, but Hori pushes him to do it anyway. In real life, that would be incredibly toxic and frowned upon.
This could have been an opportunity for the series to show a couple talking this kind of thing out, but no.
What's worse

In other words, I am absolutely kinkshaming Hori and feel no remorse.
Hence why Hori is my least favorite character in HORImiya..

Totalmente de acuerdo.
Es absurdo el comportamiento de Hori y creo que hecha a perder la historia hermosa que se construyó.
Consideraré dejar de ver este anime.
Mar 8, 2021 4:41 PM

Mar 2019
Hori and her weird ass kink xD It worked in Miyamuras favour multiple times in this episode though lol Those guys getting freaked out at the store by her again and then Miyamura slaps her and freaks them out even more haha.
Mar 8, 2021 7:05 PM
Jan 2020
Nice episode which focused on side characters from Miyamura’s past. Also its funny to see Horis’s kink and what she wants Miyamura to do. Miyamura is making new friends.
Mar 8, 2021 8:04 PM

Mar 2016
Hori really needs to rein in her M kink and stop pushing Miyamura to go with it in public. If it weren't for how well they get along in every other area, that could cause some issues :/

Interesting that one of Miyamura's old middle school classmates is suddenly turning up. Absolute asshole at first, and glad Hori gave him and his friend some good backalley-style facial restructuring :P
Looking forward to seeing what becomes of his inner guilt though and realisation that it was him, not Miyamura, doing the ignoring before.

It's likely thanks to Hori and all his high-school friends that Miyamura is open to making connections with those from middle-school, even if they weren't the nicest towards him back then.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.