Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Jan 2020
The question in the title and also: You recommend me reading it from the begining?
Feb 14, 2021 1:58 AM

Apr 2020
I think up to volume 4 got adapted
Recommend reading from the start since it's a completely different experience from the anime. It's probably one of the best books I have read, reading it from the start is just more ideal in my opinion, I read the first volume of the LN after reading the manga (anime hadn't aired at this time) and decided to start from volume 1 and I don't regret starting from the start.
Also the anime cuts it off the best part so big rip we need a season 2
Feb 17, 2021 9:59 AM
Nov 2019
Volumes 1-4 of the light novel were adapted, but volumes 3 and 4 had significantly more cut scenes than the first two. Other than that, I recommend reading from the start as well. The anime is great, but the light novel is much, much better. I've read plenty of books, but Adachi to Shimamura is among the best I've ever read. We get a lot more insight from Shimamura, who, at least in my opinion, has really interesting thoughts, but the anime doesn't do her justice. She was made out to seem more dense and oblivious than she really was. So yeah, I personally think that you should read from the start. If you liked the anime, you definitely won't regret doing so.
Feb 24, 2021 1:29 PM

Aug 2015
Let me tell you, the anime was good but once I started reading the Light Novels this series went from a 7-8 to an easy 10. This is the first light novel I've ever decided to read. I related to Adachi and her social struggles so much that I decided to break the ice and start reading the novel after I finished the anime. I've been reluctant to do that with other series just because if I'm speaking honestly, reading has never been all that interesting to me. I've read a bunch of manga now but Light Novels are a different beast. Hell, I haven't read an actual book since I was 13 (Turning 30 this year). I got through High School English using Cliff Notes (And that is 100% true, as well as pathetic).

I say all that because once I started reading these Light Novels I couldn't stop. Like I actually called in sick to work yesterday because I stayed up until 3am reading volume 5 Sunday night and had to wake up at 5. Instead of going back to sleep I just kept reading and now I'm just finishing up Volume 8. For someone who really dislikes reading my mind is completely blown. These two girls are all I've thought about for 4 days now. The novels are so well written. I can't praise them enough. This is a story where 80-90% of it is inner dialogue and wow is it incredibly well done. I have endless praise for the author. He made these girls into something real.

After all my ranting the one thing to take away is that if you're reading my post you absolutely need to get into these novels. You won't regret it.

More topics from this board

» Not Ending in Volume 12 (yay!!)

ItzElite - May 7

2 by JB-94 »»
May 10, 6:20 PM

» Confirmed to End of Volume 12 + volume 11 release

ItzElite - Dec 9, 2022

5 by Azuchi »»
May 3, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jan 29, 2015

8 by kowisudayo »»
Jul 7, 2023 1:33 AM

» What's Going on in the Light Novel ?

Kaede_Yagami - Jun 11, 2023

9 by sjmmoc »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:03 AM

» Volume 11 Chapter 1 discussiob

ItzElite - Dec 10, 2022

0 by ItzElite »»
Dec 10, 2022 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.