Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2021 12:17 AM

Jan 2021
In your opinion what do you think "Slice of Life" anime mean to you?
“๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’†๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’–๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’๐’‘๐’†๐’.” – ๐‘ฝ๐’‚๐’”๐’‰ ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘บ๐’•๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’…๐’†
:¨·.·¨:
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€`·. เฆฌเฆพเฆ‚เฆฒเฆพเฆฆเง‡เฆถเง€ โ˜…°*๏พŸ
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 14, 2021 1:51 AM
Nov 2019
The name says it all: it's just slices of life, narrow windows in daily routine, picked in a way that helps to portray the characters and that (usually) contain funny or interesting situations.
Feb 19, 2021 4:46 AM

May 2012
To me it's a genre that deals with everyday life. How characters interact with their surroundings and people and how they develop personally as time passes. Some are comedy/romance which I define it as on one end of the string, so you could get an anime that makes you go laughing until tears coming out while others might have romance in them - such as Toradora, Ika Musume and Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?.
While for me, the other end of the string for SoL genre would be the likes of Aria The Animation, Tamayura, and some really close calls such as Yuru Camp, Non Non Biyori and Yama no Susume. As these ones (especially Aria and Tamayura) explore the meaning of life and characters develop emotionally through journeys with other characters or by literally going to various places. But what differs with those anime are their relaxing atmospheres, which can take all your worries away for a brief while when watching. I actually started from this end of SoL and worked my way to the other end later on, and I like both kinds of SoL.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 11:14 AM

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.