Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 5, 2021 3:18 AM

Jan 2021
I need help from those who have completed this anime as I plan to watch Log Horizon S1-S3.

So far, I'm in episode 9 and already got bored. There is little to no tension in the story. You just respawn after you die which really lowers the tension in the story. Sure, you lose stuff but you can just grind again. Apparently, nearly everyone just forgets about their beloved back home and loses their sense of morality after being transported to this game. There isn't even anyone planning how to escape, everyone just accepts this as reality after a few days. As much as I hate praising SAO, that anime was more realistic and had a higher tension than from what I've seen for the last 9 episodes of Log Horizon.

Characters aren't that interesting for me, the same old pervert joke and shrimp joke is so overdone. MC isn't faring any better in this aspect.

Thanks in advance!

Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Feb 5, 2021 6:13 AM
Feb 2021
The pacing at the start of the series is boring and a bit slow but it gets better mostly if youre into political stuffs but if you still dont enjoy it then i reccomend u to drop it since thats what the series is mostly about. And the series doesn't really to be tense with the death ideas is mostly about the trust to other people and the idea of working together
pp_in_a_toasterFeb 5, 2021 6:18 AM
Feb 5, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2020
Junko_Simp04 said:
I need help from those who have completed this anime as I plan to watch Log Horizon S1-S3.

So far, I'm in episode 9 and already got bored. There is little to no tension in the story. You just respawn after you die which really lowers the tension in the story. Sure, you lose stuff but you can just grind again. Apparently, nearly everyone just forgets about their beloved back home and loses their sense of morality after being transported to this game. There isn't even anyone planning how to escape, everyone just accepts this as reality after a few days. As much as I hate praising SAO, that anime was more realistic and had a higher tension than from what I've seen for the last 9 episodes of Log Horizon.

Characters aren't that interesting for me, the same old pervert joke and shrimp joke is so overdone. MC isn't faring any better in this aspect.

Thanks in advance!

I tried watching it in like 2014 and it was hella boring. SAO does have a better sense of atmosphere as many people say but SAO's writing is pretty trash so that kinda cancels it out. If you really want good Isekai Id watch Re:Zero or Rise of the shield hero. Konosuba is good but a dormant franchise as of now. Danmachi isnt an isekai (its a fantasy) but also a small but solid series that just got confirmed for a 4th season in 2022.
Feb 5, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2021
Lelouch-Senpai said:
The pacing at the start of the series is boring and a bit slow but it gets better mostly if youre into political stuffs but if you still dont enjoy it then i reccomend u to drop it since thats what the series is mostly about. And the series doesn't really to be tense with the death ideas is mostly about the trust to other people and the idea of working together

Ah, I don't mind politics in an anime since I'm a history nerd.
Feb 5, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2021
V_2021 said:
Junko_Simp04 said:

Thanks in advance!

I tried watching it in like 2014 and it was hella boring. SAO does have a better sense of atmosphere as many people say but SAO's writing is pretty trash so that kinda cancels it out. If you really want good Isekai Id watch Re:Zero or Rise of the shield hero. Konosuba is good but a dormant franchise as of now. Danmachi isnt an isekai (its a fantasy) but also a small but solid series that just got confirmed for a 4th season in 2022.
V_2021 said:
Junko_Simp04 said:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the recommendation but the isekai genre is at the very bottom of genres I chose when watching anime. NGNL and Jobless reincarnation showed me isekai can actually be good if done right. This anime, I'm not quite sure.
Feb 6, 2021 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
Junko_Simp04 said:
V_2021 said:
V_2021 said:

Thanks for the recommendation but the isekai genre is at the very bottom of genres I chose when watching anime. NGNL and Jobless reincarnation showed me isekai can actually be good if done right. This anime, I'm not quite sure.
The thing with log horizon is that it doesn't try to be a isekai anime but an anime about adapting to your surroundings and using strategies to complete it, there will be 2 or 3 generic isekai stuffs but aside from that the anime isn't what will fit the isekai genre because it fits more for an action genre

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.