Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2021 12:57 AM

Jan 2016
Hi together

maybe someone can help me get this whole Fate franchise straight 🙂

So from my understanding Fate Zero and Fate stay/night is the original story that follows the manga, right?

And Grand order/ Apocrypha are spin-offs that do not belong to the original story?

So does stay/night end where the manga ends or does the story continue?
Jan 14, 2021 1:02 AM

Jun 2016
Fate/stay night is the only one that follows the original visual novel and with the last film being released the story is complete
Fate/zero is a prequel to fate/stay night that was released later
Fate/apocrypha is just sitting there being its own little thing
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 14, 2021 1:09 AM

Aug 2018
Fate/stay night, fate/stay night unlimited blade works and fate/stay night are all adaptions of the original visual novel ate/stay night.

Fate/zero is a prequel based of the light novels fate/zero.

Pretty much everyone is a spin of is a spin off of these.
_______I like rocks__
Jan 14, 2021 1:42 AM
Apr 2020
Bulma777 said:
Hi together

So from my understanding Fate Zero and Fate stay/night is the original story that follows the manga, right?

And Grand order/ Apocrypha are spin-offs that do not belong to the original story?

Basically Fate/Stay Night is the only Original material & Fate/Zero is a Prequel to it. There's also a Sequel to Fate/Stay night but it's a kind of a spin-off as well, named, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

Everything else except these titles are spin-offs taking place in alternate realities
Jan 14, 2021 4:40 AM

Dec 2020
There is a debate about what should you start with but I think this is the best way for me. I will explain why.

1-FATE/ Stay night Ultimate blades work(UBW)
2- Fate zero
Now If yo watch UBW first u will hear them talk about an event that happened 10 years ago but they won't tell you anything about .That event will happen it Fate zero. So you can watch watch either one as your first. Think of it this way would you like to jump in the middle and then go back 10 years or start in the past. Every thing will be explained for you in both, but I feel If u start with Fate zero then UBW you will know many old characters and whom is some of their parents therefore u can expect some things that will happen< that's me some people will disagree it's really up to you, it won't change much. Also those two are on netflix.
3- Fate haven feel in order 1,2, the third is out in Japan but the blue Ray is not as far as I know.

NOW you are done with ufotable works. Which is the best so any other Fate name you see don't expect it to be the same.

After watching those 3 you can watch any fate without worrying you will spoil something. This is the way I recommend.

4- Fate apocrypha- instead of 7 humans each with
its own servant. It's gonna be 14.(7vs7) It's just 25 ep and ends. Find it on netflix.

5- Fate grand order- First order. Is a movie on netflix. As the name says First Order there is others some are out some ar not but I watch few episodes of of each and they are not that good. Also IDK the exact order.

If you watch them like this you will be like " now I fully understand". All are the same in the story plot which is Fighting to win the Holy Grail. Just different characters, fights and places, sometimes same characters but they focus on a different character like fate haven feel.

FIRST 3 IS MUST WATCH.
Jan 15, 2021 5:20 AM

Jan 2016
Rohan42637 said:
Bulma777 said:
Hi together

Basically Fate/Stay Night is the only Original material & Fate/Zero is a Prequel to it. There's also a Sequel to Fate/Stay night but it's a kind of a spin-off as well, named, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

Everything else except these titles are spin-offs taking place in alternate realities

So if I want to know how the story of Shirou and Rin continues I have to read Fate/hollow ataraxia?
Jan 15, 2021 6:23 AM

Jan 2016
Jehad321 said:
There is a debate about what should you start with but I think this is the best way for me. I will explain why.

1-FATE/ Stay night Ultimate blades work(UBW)
2- Fate zero
Now If yo watch UBW first u will hear them talk about an event that happened 10 years ago but they won't tell you anything about .That event will happen it Fate zero. So you can watch watch either one as your first. Think of it this way would you like to jump in the middle and then go back 10 years or start in the past. Every thing will be explained for you in both, but I feel If u start with Fate zero then UBW you will know many old characters and whom is some of their parents therefore u can expect some things that will happen< that's me some people will disagree it's really up to you, it won't change much. Also those two are on netflix.
3- Fate haven feel in order 1,2, the third is out in Japan but the blue Ray is not as far as I know.

NOW you are done with ufotable works. Which is the best so any other Fate name you see don't expect it to be the same.

After watching those 3 you can watch any fate without worrying you will spoil something. This is the way I recommend.

4- Fate apocrypha- instead of 7 humans each with
its own servant. It's gonna be 14.(7vs7) It's just 25 ep and ends. Find it on netflix.

5- Fate grand order- First order. Is a movie on netflix. As the name says First Order there is others some are out some ar not but I watch few episodes of of each and they are not that good. Also IDK the exact order.

If you watch them like this you will be like " now I fully understand". All are the same in the story plot which is Fighting to win the Holy Grail. Just different characters, fights and places, sometimes same characters but they focus on a different character like fate haven feel.

FIRST 3 IS MUST WATCH.

Hi,

I have watched Fate zero and Fate stay/night and really enjoyed the show!

Then I tried Fate apocrypha but I was not that happy with it cause they just pulled out a whole new story that had nothing to do with the original story.
Jan 15, 2021 7:02 PM
Apr 2020
So if I want to know how the story of Shirou and Rin continues I have to read Fate/hollow ataraxia?

It isn't necessary. But if you can do 100+ hours of reading, then you may do it.
Jan 19, 2021 6:10 AM

Jan 2016
Rohan42637 said:

It isn't necessary. But if you can do 100+ hours of reading, then you may do it.

Perfect thanks

Do you know if I can download the English translation somewhere?
Seems like I can only purchase it in Japanese language and the online sites like manganelo only have one chapter :(
Jan 19, 2021 11:00 PM
Apr 2020

Perfect thanks

Seems like I can only purchase it in Japanese language and the online sites like manganelo only have one chapter :(

Wait, why are you looking for manga? You should be looking for Visual Novel.

A visual novel, often abbreviated as VN, is an interactive fiction video game genre, featuring text-based story with narrative style of literature and interactivity aided by static or sprite-based visuals, most often using anime-style art or occasionally live-action stills.
Jan 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Jan 2016
Rohan42637 said:

Perfect thanks

Wait, why are you looking for manga? You should be looking for Visual Novel.

A visual novel, often abbreviated as VN, is an interactive fiction video game genre, featuring text-based story with narrative style of literature and interactivity aided by static or sprite-based visuals, most often using anime-style art or occasionally live-action stills.

I have not been able to find it

Do you have any clue where to find it online?
Jan 21, 2021 4:13 AM
Apr 2020

I have not been able to find it

Do you have any clue where to find it online?

Well, I do know. There's a YouTube video on how to download Fate/Hollow Ataraxia on Mobile device like Android. And there's a website from where you can download it for PC.
Jan 23, 2021 12:46 AM
Jan 2018
Bulma777 said:
Rohan42637 said:

There is no continuation of Shirou and Rin’s story. Unlimited Blade Works is where it ends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.