Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 11:55 PM
Mar 2018
That was a rather impressive first episode. They put so much action and detail in just one episode. Excited for this series now.

Jan 11, 2021 12:13 AM

Sep 2019
seygatyr said:
As someone who's already read the WN and LN, this just a clarification of this Isekai works that people seem misunderstood:
1. Rudy just a normal human in this new world (no special power and so on), so he's not OP at all
2. The only advantages Rudy got is his past memory and modern knowledge

Well, let's not misguide people. It may appear that way at first, but it is clearly explained in WN that he is
Jan 11, 2021 12:16 AM

Jan 2010
I´m gonna be totally biased.

10/10 best 1st ep of the season.

Honestly, it´s half a joke and half true, i reeeeaaaaally liked it and having Gintama V.A voicing the MC makes it priceless.

This is making me regret so much not having started to read this way back when it was only still a web novel (i read bits and pieces and i know the characters, but never went start to finish).

Anyway, very good. Please have 5 or 6 seasons of this. :)
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Jan 11, 2021 12:28 AM
Apr 2020
Hmmm pretty interesting first episode. So we got an another OP MC but with a pervert personality.

This is Studio Bind's first anime project and I'm already impressed overall. The animation is great and the artstyle really fits perfectly from both the BG and the characters. Only the BGM needs to do some improvement, and it will be a perfect adaptation.

That Moaning scene though. That was perfect XDD

9/10 for first ep. I can already see why this anime will be " one of the best 2021 anime ". Looking forward to this :)
Jan 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Aug 2019
man that scene where his parents were in bed caught me off guard lmao didn’t expect that type of stuff in this show
Jan 11, 2021 1:10 AM
Oct 2012
my thoughts after 1st eps : her mom looks so freakin hot and young in the anime
Jan 11, 2021 1:33 AM
Apr 2019
The first episode is good than I expected. It feels like it's not your so called typical Isekai story. I also like the visuals and animations.
Jan 11, 2021 1:41 AM
Sep 2018
Damuzen said:
Nice first episode, reminds me a lot of The beginning after the end

TBATE was inspired by this one...

I liked both though...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 11, 2021 1:48 AM

Nov 2013
This anime looks absolutely amazing already!

The visuals, character design, and animation all look extremely polished, really high production-value for one of the pioneers of the Narou-type LNs!

Initial impressions, it seems a bit similar to Youjo Senki (with the reincarnated as a child) but without the war themes. I was thinking it’d be similar to Gate from the otaku description, but so far, that’s not the case.

This seems to have a very intricate story (ie. with the 7 ranks of magic), and I already like the subtle worldbuilding that we’re getting. The pacing also seems very good, looking forward to more worldbuilding and new characters in these two cours.

Finally the VAs — It’s like I’m watching Gintoki in an Isekai world, with all the perverted antics and comments. Sugita really is the perfect role for Rudeus. Well casted.

Nothing left to say, other than this has totally exceeded my already very high expectations for this anime.

Can’t wait for the next episode!
Jan 11, 2021 1:50 AM

Oct 2019
heitoo said:
seygatyr said:
As someone who's already read the WN and LN, this just a clarification of this Isekai works that people seem misunderstood:
1. Rudy just a normal human in this new world (no special power and so on), so he's not OP at all
2. The only advantages Rudy got is his past memory and modern knowledge

Well, let's not misguide people. It may appear that way at first, but it is clearly explained in WN that he is

I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 11, 2021 1:55 AM

Sep 2019
DidiGetsRekt said:

Jan 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Oct 2019
heitoo said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

Well my bad then, guess I misremembered lol
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 11, 2021 2:55 AM

Jun 2015
Felt like i was watching a movie. 5/5
Jan 11, 2021 3:19 AM

May 2020
I really enjoyed this! And ngl I did not expect to laugh as much as I did.

I think Rudy will be a pretty interesting character to watch. His perverted personality and Sugita's voice adds to the comedy in my opinion. I really like his parents too, they're good looking and I just love their energy. The scene where they had loud sex caught me off guard tho, but it was very funny.

The visuals and animation were stunning, and I think that the VA fits the respective characters perfectly.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this.
Jan 11, 2021 3:51 AM
Apr 2013
Most promising of the season so far, looking forward to the next episode!

Also all the people complaining it's creepy when he's being perverted because he's a child need to remember he's actually like 38, of course he'd be having sexual thoughts lmao
Jan 11, 2021 3:52 AM
Apr 2013
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Please, just don't be yet another The 8th son and Slime-laundry... please-please!!!

Such a weird direction for an anime to go in..
Jan 11, 2021 4:05 AM

Oct 2016
Wtf, that was fucking fantastic. Well I already had a feeling this will be great judging from the preview but, that was even way better. And what is up with those visuals, if this is the type of quality Studio Bind can do then, I look forward to their future.

I already like Rudeus, sure he's a pervert but it's understandable. Just what you would expect from a 38 year old virgin. I look forward to his development. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite shows this season and I heard it gets even better, let's go.
Jan 11, 2021 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
that was actually good. Rudy is such a pervert.
Jan 11, 2021 4:50 AM
Oct 2017
How many episodes this anime will have?
So far the animation, sound effect, and bgm are awesome.
Jan 11, 2021 5:25 AM
Aug 2017
Best 1st EP of esekai I have ever seen
Jan 11, 2021 5:28 AM

Apr 2020
Rutterhern said:
How many episodes this anime will have?
So far the animation, sound effect, and bgm are awesome.

This will be 24 episodes. Although it's a split cour meaning half of the episodes will air at a later season though Idk if they announced when
Jan 11, 2021 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
the animation is top tier style like J.C Staff Studios
and this looks promising
Jan 11, 2021 6:53 AM

Aug 2015
I loved it. Perfect pacing, they're taking it slow and steady and telling the story well. I personally enjoy the perv nature of the show while still being "serious" and not feeling all cheap like many other isekai. Art style is really nice, soundtrack is nice and Roxy is adorable.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 11, 2021 7:52 AM
Mar 2020
someone tell was the guy who got reincarnated had the voice actor same as gintama, I'm mean his adult voice is also the voice of gintoki sakta ????
Jan 11, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
It really deserves the good ratings after episode 1. One of the best ways to start an isekai. We saw a bit how he died (doctors talking to him) and how he reappeared in the other world.

Then the nice innner monologues.

I heard of the spider girl anime that is supposed to have lots of talking in episode 1 - probably not to my taste. But here the remarks of the main are fun and interesting. And they slowly explained how he learned the language (first it was some fantasy random words) and how to read.

Also he doesn't seem to focus on using his younger age for seducing younger girls (yet). As a 30+ old guy he seeme to find the mother (when he didn't know it was his mother yet) sexy which is supposed in her 20s.

Was fun how at the beginning he discovered that he was reborn. (Then later he thought about Europe in the past and found out about the fantasy world.)

I just hope it won't turn into an harem later. There seem to be lots of girl listed ... and some descriptions with spoilers ... her on MAL. Well ... it could still be funny. Let's see how this develops and if we get to see other stuff from the world and the main hopefully rising and being some important magician in the kingdom.
Jan 11, 2021 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
I liked this first episode. I haven't watched many isekai shows, but I like the premise, the character design and the animation on this one. Tomokazu Sugita as the narrator is quite the nice touch.
Jan 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2014
I already love Roxy. I really like her voice.
Jan 11, 2021 12:02 PM
Dec 2020
Good episode, much better than the manga. Also I like how he has his past voice for thoughts
Jan 11, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2016
Man I would like this show so much more if it just wasnt isekai.
Jan 11, 2021 1:30 PM

Aug 2015
Nice introduction with the spell system.

Seems really good, looking forward to it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 11, 2021 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
NEET that reincarnates as a young boy called Rudy in another world. Honestly, I thought it would be the same old Isekai anime but honestly, it was pretty good. Looking forward to this series cause it's pretty interesting.

The animation and character designs are really good I dig it. Rudy being a pervert like he is xD
Jan 11, 2021 3:10 PM

May 2014
A strong start i'd say. The animation were fluid and really nice to look at. The music was also really good, i loved the atmosphere they gave to the episode. I really hope they'll continue on this line
Jan 11, 2021 4:14 PM
Oct 2018
I was actually surprised by how good the production quality is. A bunch of people were talking about how the show is immature and full of weird fanservice so I automatically thought it was going to be typical low production value isekai fanservice show. Great 1st episode!
Jan 11, 2021 4:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have to admit that I was on the fence about this series, but after watching the first episode I really enjoyed it despite the premise being similar to other isekai series via reincarnation. I can also relate to the MC as someone who is in their 30s with the exception of being a NEET due to Covid-19.
Jan 11, 2021 6:45 PM
Jan 2021
Wow. WOW. I can’t lie while the MC did bug me with his perverted nature at times Im very interested to see his growth as a person. I need to buy the light novels because this first episode SOLD ME.
Jan 11, 2021 6:47 PM

Oct 2020
Nice animation and art in this anime.It is worth promising.

Studio Bind,a new studio.We can see the efforts they have made for this work.Was it established just for Mushoku Tensei? Then how many episodes it will be?
[/url]
Jan 11, 2021 8:15 PM

May 2014
Maaan they cut the super cringey beggining to the story that's lame.

I'm scared shitless of this thing lmao, the beggining arcs are vanilla enough where they shouldn't be particularly problematic but like, this is the worst of the worst when it gets to it's worst and a bit after. Gonna be some fun banter tho.

YeaOh!
Jan 11, 2021 8:19 PM
Dec 2019
I honestly don't know if i wanted to continue this anime, it was funny, yes, but ugh! another isekaid 30+ year old man who wishes he didn't die a virgin, pervert, panty whatever, 100 year old loli...how original..... i really wanted to continue watching since people said that this is the best isekai EVER? lmao press x to doubt...tell me guys what makes this the best isekai, maybe i'll consider continuing this
Jan 11, 2021 8:38 PM

May 2019
sayuri_y said:
I honestly don't know if i wanted to continue this anime, it was funny, yes, but ugh! another isekaid 30+ year old man who wishes he didn't die a virgin, pervert, panty whatever, 100 year old loli...how original..... i really wanted to continue watching since people said that this is the best isekai EVER? lmao press x to doubt...tell me guys what makes this the best isekai, maybe i'll consider continuing this

I'm watching Kenja no Mago right now, after some people called the resemblance with MT.

and... LOL

It is weird how the good reference is coming after the bad references.

Well, MT become outdated, but the story is quite good. The fact is that haters gonna hate, and even so i believe that the reception of this anime adaptation will keep going very well.

I would advice that too picky MAL users should wait for the end of the series to binge some episodes. That would be a easier way to get a conclusion about the series.

For picky salty users, i think follow weekly releases of anime they are not in love is torturing.

Jan 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Apr 2020
sayuri_y said:

I wouldn't say best isekai ever but it was the gold standard for isekai for the longest time and I would say the novel was absolutely deserving of that. The main reason is because there is amazing character development and the plot gets extremely interesting, all the while remaining grounded and believable.The downside is that it takes quite a long time for that to develop and for the pay off to happen, mainly because the MC has to redeem himself from the shitty person he was in his past life.

That being said, I think of myself as someone who could care less about ecchi/perv content than most people and I distinctly remember being really annoyed and angry at the fact the main character had nothing but sex on his mind 24/7. Believe it or not they have actually toned down the perviness from the LN so far.

If you are not ready to deal with the level of ecchi seen in the first episode on a regular basis, then maybe the show isn't for you. In addition the main character remains pretty unlikable for a sizeable portion of the series and if you don't believe people like him are redeemable, again ,maybe this series isn't for you.

If you feel you can deal with the ecchi parts and the mc, than imo the remaining parts of the story, characters and world building are definitely worth it.
Jan 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Nov 2015
Thanks for all the mommy material , oishii
Jan 11, 2021 9:48 PM
Aug 2017
I love Tomokazu’s narration, it would be dope if he really voiced the grown up rudy. But fr doe, this anime is top tied this season, quality Animation and world building so far. Were in for a great ride 👍
Jan 11, 2021 11:45 PM

May 2015
This was pretty amazing. I was like "this is another Wiseman's Grandchild" at the beginning but the narration and tone of the show seems to be more mature. High expectations for what's to come.
Jan 12, 2021 3:34 AM
Dec 2019
AGlitchGnome said:
sayuri_y said:

I wouldn't say best isekai ever but it was the gold standard for isekai for the longest time and I would say the novel was absolutely deserving of that. The main reason is because there is amazing character development and the plot gets extremely interesting, all the while remaining grounded and believable.The downside is that it takes quite a long time for that to develop and for the pay off to happen, mainly because the MC has to redeem himself from the shitty person he was in his past life.

That being said, I think of myself as someone who could care less about ecchi/perv content than most people and I distinctly remember being really annoyed and angry at the fact the main character had nothing but sex on his mind 24/7. Believe it or not they have actually toned down the perviness from the LN so far.

If you are not ready to deal with the level of ecchi seen in the first episode on a regular basis, then maybe the show isn't for you. In addition the main character remains pretty unlikable for a sizeable portion of the series and if you don't believe people like him are redeemable, again ,maybe this series isn't for you.

If you feel you can deal with the ecchi parts and the mc, than imo the remaining parts of the story, characters and world building are definitely worth it.
welp... thank you for that, just made a peak at the manga, and yeah i'm definitely dropping this after
the maid was pregnant..and the father was just like "i guess the father is me" bruh
sayuri_yJan 12, 2021 3:38 AM
Jan 12, 2021 4:45 AM

Apr 2018
Why did the parents have to have sex?

Why Just why
Jan 12, 2021 5:45 AM
Oct 2016
This is a phenomenal first episode, the characters are intriguing and the animation is great so far. My only complaint is that sometimes they don`t outline the faces so it looks bad at times.
Jan 12, 2021 6:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Okay, this is better than I expected, this might be my AOTS^^

Finally a good fantasy anime unlike the other two which are also airing this season, one reeks of Konosuba's stupid comedy and another one is mediocre and weird :)

Can't wait for the MC to grow.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 12, 2021 6:53 AM
May 2016
sayuri_y said:
AGlitchGnome said:

welp... thank you for that, just made a peak at the manga, and yeah i'm definitely dropping this after
the maid was pregnant..and the father was just like "i guess the father is me" bruh

Spoiler

Jan 12, 2021 6:59 AM
May 2016
twilymeeks said:
Wow. WOW. I can’t lie while the MC did bug me with his perverted nature at times Im very interested to see his growth as a person. I need to buy the light novels because this first episode SOLD ME.

I dont know about you

But im crying when read MT webnovel

5 times

In 5 different arc
Jan 12, 2021 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
Buttershooter said:
Why did the parents have to have sex?

Why Just why

Ask you parents if you don't know the answer
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.