Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think Maou ended up with the wrong girl in the LN? Will we see an alternative ending in the Manga?

The Devil Is a Part-Timer!
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2020 3:21 PM
Nov 2014
Honestly what was the author thinking? What's the point of shipping Maou with Chiho after all that developement with Emi, and the rushed ending?

Apparently many fans are really disappointed and the author has apparently received death threats. I don't consent to that kind of treatment and no one deserves it but honestly I'm not surprised.

I mistakenly read a spoiler and then went to confirm if it was true. Surely it was and I instantly dropped the rating of the series. Romance is my most read genre and I've never ever changed a rating because of "wrong ship" because ultimately that is an opinion, but after this I was disappointed enough to do so.

Great way to ruin one of my favourite stories of all time! Such a great concept, simply ruined.

What do you think? Who should Maou have ended up with and why? Do you think the manga will see an alternative ending?
Dec 29, 2020 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
I've always shipped Maou with Chiho and I was expecting to be disappointed cause I figured he would end up with Emi due to them being the main pair.

So of course I'm happy on that front, but I don't know story wise how good it has gotten past the anime and I do not have time to read 20 volumes. I did read he became a CEO at the end or something.

I'm absolutely stoked and happy he ended up with Chiho cause she is best girl and character and I loved their moments a lot more than his and Emi's. I'm kinda glad the author went the route he did cause its not all the time the main character goes for the secondary main girl/guy its always the main interest at least in all the other shows I've always watched.

I am confused though cause again I have not read much past the anime from what I hear they had a lot of development together and yet he pulled a left fielder and Maou ended up with Chiho I mean if I liked Emi and shipped her with Maou I would be pissed off too, but I think its stupid to send death threats because your fictional ship didn't sail.

As for the manga who knows? I mean it might have an AU ending where he ends up with Emi. Manga usually do things differently than the LN counterparts so I mean there is a chance.

The only thing I hate about the ending is with all the negativity it got there will probably be a zero chance of a second season now.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 29, 2020 6:25 PM
Jun 2020
I didn't read the LN, but I know what happened because someone posted a summary on reddit.

I think Maou really ended up with the wrong girl. I don't hate Chiho or anything like that, but I was really hoping that Maou and Emi would end up together because in the anime, Emi is kinda developing some feelings for Maou.

About the manga, maybe we still have the chance to see a different ending, but that would take a little bit of time.

Yeah, sadly there's no chance for a season 2 now.
Feb 5, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2017
The author wasted all the potential he had with introducing Alas Ramus and progressing the relationship between Emi and Maou, he does a 360 and ends up with Chiho, who is only liked because of her fat titties. I would be fine with Chiho if it wasn't hinted through the whole series that Maou and Emi would end up together.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Mar 1, 2021 3:12 PM
Sep 2011
Honestly threatening the author and attacking the manga just because the couple they wanted was not formed seems to me one of the most toxic stupidities that exists in the world of anime/manga. First of all romance is not the main point of the manga, if you want couples read Shojo. This is why we then see very predictable and mediocre endings.
Mar 6, 2021 6:44 PM
Jan 2020
mancusolobo said:
Honestly threatening the author and attacking the manga just because the couple they wanted was not formed seems to me one of the most toxic stupidities that exists in the world of anime/manga. First of all romance is not the main point of the manga, if you want couples read Shojo. This is why we then see very predictable and mediocre endings.
I gotta agree with you at the death threat part since that ain't a good thing bruh just becz your ship didn't sailed doesn't mean you have to send death threats. But anyways that doesn't change the fact that I still feel betrayed by this shitty author who literally wasted Emi and Maou's development on all of this 21 volumes, like he literally betrayed our expectations, many has been expecting Emi to end up with Maou but... The author just fucked up. Btw this anime is also a romance if you take a look at the genre...
Mar 9, 2021 1:44 PM

Jun 2020
Hopefully, the manga goes a different route.
Mar 12, 2021 12:15 AM
Mar 2021
Well.. I just really hope the author understand the complaints of the fans and make a right path to end this manga.
Mar 18, 2021 6:18 PM
Oct 2018
Personally I like the ending because I always been a fan of chiho after all, but it really unxepted because the story was in my opinion leading to emi side like alas ramus for example that already is the proof of it like it was 100℅ gonna be with emi but supries it was not but sending death threat is just going to far and childish
Aug 31, 2021 2:56 AM
Feb 2018
I can't understand why anyone would think an insipid, vapid, useless, jealous and annoying teenager would be best girl for anyone. I think she may appeal to a younger audience but i'm late 20's and find it difficult to watch her. She is everything I find embarrassing in a female - JMHO.
Sep 22, 2021 7:28 AM
May 2019
I really hate Emi so I'm glad he doesn't end up with her, Tbh I don't really care about any of the ships I don't mind him ending up with anyone except this chick
Dec 17, 2021 11:54 AM
Oct 2019
Roloko said:
I've always shipped Maou with Chiho and I was expecting to be disappointed cause I figured he would end up with Emi due to them being the main pair.

So of course I'm happy on that front, but I don't know story wise how good it has gotten past the anime and I do not have time to read 20 volumes. I did read he became a CEO at the end or something.

I'm absolutely stoked and happy he ended up with Chiho cause she is best girl and character and I loved their moments a lot more than his and Emi's. I'm kinda glad the author went the route he did cause its not all the time the main character goes for the secondary main girl/guy its always the main interest at least in all the other shows I've always watched.

I am confused though cause again I have not read much past the anime from what I hear they had a lot of development together and yet he pulled a left fielder and Maou ended up with Chiho I mean if I liked Emi and shipped her with Maou I would be pissed off too, but I think its stupid to send death threats because your fictional ship didn't sail.

As for the manga who knows? I mean it might have an AU ending where he ends up with Emi. Manga usually do things differently than the LN counterparts so I mean there is a chance.

The only thing I hate about the ending is with all the negativity it got there will probably be a zero chance of a second season now.

Well i don't support that kind of behavior either but the author kind of search for it, he give the stick to be beaten with.
I don't even understand was is likeable about Chiho, she is the worst character of the series by far, insipide, jealous, possessive, useless, immature, i would be fine with any other female character for Maou, Emi, Amane, Suzuno, Alcieth but not Chiho.
She is so poorly written that she is the only one who came with a bullshit deus ex machina to give her bullshit power out of nowhere, for no reason, wihout any logic explication, so to keep her in the story, that was the first red flag for me in this series who alert me that Chiho might be a shitty self insert of the author who will favor her for no reason because it refers to a real life experience of some shit.
That shit completly break any coherence and the rule of the world and i laugh at the shitty explanation "That because she spend time with Maou and Emi"
Yeah in that case every person in the restaurant have power, Rika have power, every person in Emi job have power.

In top of wasting all the development between Yusa and Maou, all of this for nothing, absolutely nothing, i can understand why fan and especially Yusa/Maou ship feel absolutely betray by the author.
The writing is so shit throught the ending that he could be show to school in what not to do.
Alongside the ending of The Quintessential Quintuplets who is awesomely poor writted too.
Jan 23, 2022 1:04 AM
May 2015
I am going to quote a review I saw on this site, but the issue with the ending of chiho X Maou isnt that Emi X Maou supporters hate Chiho, while some find Chiho annoying, i think shes a decent lovable character. THE PROBLEM IS there wasnt buildup between the two. The author focus wayy too much between Emi and Maou that the whole last volume felt out of place. The decisions made felt illogical and didnt flow with the story. This isnt like the 5 twins harem where each of the twin felt like it had an equal opportunity, this author wrote the story forcing us to feel that Emi has to end up with Maou. Some may say it is playful writing, the author trying to spice things up, but in the end it just left a bitter taste in everyones mouth, to sum it up : "what was the whole point of the past 10 volumes of development and adventure together if Maou suddenly decides this...?"
Apr 15, 2022 3:21 PM

Oct 2021
I did not even finish the manga yet but I randomly got spoiled in a Reddit post where the guy did not warn about spoilers so I will reply to this.

Yes.
The fans hated the ending so much, in the LN or the manga.
There have been saying about fans burning down their the devil is a part timer novel collection, sending death threats to the author or boycott the author or some stuff like that and it's basically true, search it up yourself. I don't even want to remember this anime if the ending was destined to be like this. Absolute bullshit. After basically focusing on emi and maou the whole story at the mid parts, I can't believe that the author wasted his huge potential by just changing that little detail. Of course, nobody deserves a death threat but I can basically understand the anger of the fans, if I ever were to not see the spoiler and think that emi and mou were to end up together but get a chiho x maou ending, I possibly could maybe do the same thing cause I would feel trolled by the author, but this trolling is basically not a joke, it's basically making me change my view of this anime.
There's a limit to the trolling the author can make before he exceeds the limit and damages his reputation. It would just waste my days, reading and expecting a great ending but getting greeted with this bullshit. However, the manga is still ongoing right? Maybe the author can change the ending at least. Then I wouldn't have a problem continuing to read it from where I left off. But for now, I will drop the manga right now. I've been already spoiled the shit ending the author made and because I am a romance main as well, who gets together with MC basically decides whether I continue the anime or not.
Chiho is probably the most hated character in the community solely because of that. Like come on, the ending is as if the spoken development between emi and maou was void and null. If I ever do continue to read even though the ending is the same shit or if it ever gets boring and I got nothing better to do, I might read it and then read a doujinshi before I read the ending, that's all.
Great job, author, I want to thank you for shitting this amazing anime.
It is also a fact that slow relationship development is better than a fast one, which is the case with emi and maou. Their relationship development is slow, like very slow, but that makes it even more healthy. Not to mention, emi actually indirectly kissed maou even before chiho did lol (when she drank Maou's a cup of water).
AsudoxApr 18, 2022 3:46 PM
yes.
Jul 20, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 2022
You are all so fucking cringe. Using language like "betrayed" or "the author was asking for it" like he owed you anything shows just how entitled the anime/LN community is. The author made his choice. Respect it and suck it up you pretentious NEETs.

Smagidon said:
Well.. I just really hope the author understand the complaints of the fans and make a right path to end this manga.

Look at this entitled troglodyte trying to dictate to the author what the "right path" should be

LeeChang23 said:

Well i don't support that kind of behavior either but the author kind of search for it, he give the stick to be beaten with.
Alongside the ending of The Quintessential Quintuplets who is awesomely poor writted too.

"He was asking for it" is the shittiest justification in existence. The irony of judging others' writing ability while not even bothering to hone your own is lost on you. Grow up 傻屄
StephJul 23, 2022 5:32 AM
Jul 20, 2022 11:36 AM
Oct 2019
beomjune said:
You are all so fucking cringe. Using language like "betrayed" or "the author was asking for it" like he owed you anything shows just how entitled the anime/LN community is. The author made his choice. Respect it and suck it up you pretentious NEETs.

Smagidon said:

Look at this entitled troglodyte trying to dictate to the author what the "right path" should be

LeeChang23 said:

"He was asking for it" is the shittiest justification in existence. The irony of judging others' writing ability while not even bothering to hone your own is lost on you. Grow up 傻屄

Does the piece of shit who don't have the ball to insult wihout using Chinese character, badly in top of that, can judge anyone?
No i don't think so lmao.
Also speaking of shittiest argument when you are unable to have one valid argument and give the most shittiest argument to defend a story "You can't jugde other writing because of yours".
I know you don't have the right to open you're mouth when you don't know a basic rule of writing, you can't do what you want if you're writing is bad and the execution awful.
Writer can do what they want if they can do it right, i'm not a fan of author changing something for the fan either but i'm am not a fan of the author badly forcing something because he clearly self project too.
And when you use a shitty deus ex to keep a character relevant, then do a lot of chapter between two character (Emi and Maou) to throw everything to the trashcan, just to get out of you're magic hat another character to the final ship.
Yeah that kind of thing have a name, it's call disrespect, he could spit at the face of the fans that would be the same and respect is a two way road, shouldn't be surprised to take the backclash of it.
I'm pretty sure he tried to do a false flag to put a shitty twist but his writing is so bad that its end up as a disrespectful move.
Also the author doesn't owed anything to the fans?
Wrong wihout the fans, his story wouldn't have been supported and wouldn't have been made into manga or anime, he own a lot to the fan.
A proverb exist in my country, it's say you shouldn't shoot the ambulance but sometime, the ambulance really search for it.
I don't agree with this, i never and would never do this but sometimes, the author really do everything he could to receive this kind of backclash.

Also "pretentious NEETs", look in a mirror mate, the fact that you use a shitty chinese character just to show off because you think i was chinese (By the way that show you culture in Asia too) pretty much seal the deal of who is pretentious here.
Don't have more time to lose what a case like this.
StephJul 23, 2022 5:33 AM
Jul 20, 2022 11:56 AM
Jul 2022
LeeChang23 said:

Does the piece of shit who don't have the ball to insult wihout using Chinese character, badly in top of that, can judge anyone?
Also speaking of shittiest argument when you are unable to have one valid argument and give the most shittiest argument to defend a story "You can't jugde other writing because of yours".
I know you don't have the right to open you're mouth when you don't know a basic rule of writing, you can't do what you want if you're writing is bad and the execution awful.
Writer can do what they want if they can do it right, i'm not a fan of author changing something for the fan either but i'm am not a fan of the author badly forcing something because he clearly self project too.
And when you use a shitty deus ex to keep a character relevant, then do a lot of chapter between two character (Emi and Maou) to throw everything to the trashcan, just to get out of you're magic hat another character to the final ship.
Yeah that kind of thing have a name, it's call disrespected, he could spit at the face of the fans that would be the same, shouldn't be surprised to take the backclash of it.
I'm pretty sure he tries to do a false flag to put a shitty twist but his writing is so bad that its end up as a disrespectful move.
Wrong wihout the fans, his story wouldn't have been supported and wouldn't have been made into manga or anime, he own a lot to the fan.
A proverb exist in my country, it's say you shouldn't shoot the ambulance but sometime, the ambulance really search for it.

Also pretentious NEETs, look in a mirror mate, the fact that you use a shitty chinese character just to show off because you think i was chinese (By the way that show you culture in Asia too) pretty much seal the deal of who is pretentious here.

? I can insult you plenty without using Chinese characters you entitled sack of donkey shit LOL! The fact that you point out my usage of Chinese when your entire tirade is a grammatical fuckup in English shows just how lacking in self awareness you are.

"Writer can do they want." There is NOTHING that should follow that. They get to write what they want. PERIOD. Who are you to dictate what is 'right?' It's their intellectual property. If you don't like it, write your own shitty story with your own shitty self insert. The author owes nothing to you, and especially you. This is what I mean by pretentious and entitled NEET. Grow the fuck up, tortoise-egg trash-heap.

"Wrong wihout the fans, his story wouldn't have been supported and wouldn't have been made into manga or anime, he own a lot to the fan"
The Light Novel would have existed with or without dogshit fans like you crying about the plot. It caught traction because people liked it, but in no way does he "owe a lot the the fan." YOU decided to like and read it. YOU decided to come online and cry like a fucking baby. The author has ZERO responsibility to cater to your fragile-ass feelings you entitled fuck.

"seal the deal of who is pretentious here" yeah clearly it's you. Is lacking self-awareness common in your country too? It's probably shithole country solely because you live in it.

Suck a dick and go outside you fucking retard.
Jul 20, 2022 8:31 PM
Jul 2022
beomjune said:
LeeChang23 said:

Yeah that kind of thing have a name, it's call disrespected, he could spit at the face of the fans that would be the same, shouldn't be surprised to take the backclash of it.
I'm pretty sure he tries to do a false flag to put a shitty twist but his writing is so bad that its end up as a disrespectful move.

Also pretentious NEETs, look in a mirror mate, the fact that you use a shitty chinese character just to show off because you think i was chinese (By the way that show you culture in Asia too) pretty much seal the deal of who is pretentious here.

? I can insult you plenty without using Chinese characters you entitled sack of donkey shit LOL! The fact that you point out my usage of Chinese when your entire tirade is a grammatical fuckup in English shows just how lacking in self awareness you are.

"Writer can do they want." There is NOTHING that should follow that. They get to write what they want. PERIOD. Who are you to dictate what is 'right?' It's their intellectual property. If you don't like it, write your own shitty story with your own shitty self insert. The author owes nothing to you, and especially you. This is what I mean by pretentious and entitled NEET. Grow the fuck up, tortoise-egg trash-heap.

"Wrong wihout the fans, his story wouldn't have been supported and wouldn't have been made into manga or anime, he own a lot to the fan"
The Light Novel would have existed with or without dogshit fans like you crying about the plot. It caught traction because people liked it, but in no way does he "owe a lot the the fan." YOU decided to like and read it. YOU decided to come online and cry like a fucking baby. The author has ZERO responsibility to cater to your fragile-ass feelings you entitled fuck.

"seal the deal of who is pretentious here" yeah clearly it's you. Is lacking self-awareness common in your country too? It's probably shithole country solely because you live in it.

Had to make an account just so I can applause you. Well said.

Personally, I would've liked it if Emi and Maou ended up together, but if they didn't, then at most I'll be disappointed. That's it. People here that's justifying death threats because their fictional characters didn't end up together is completely weird.

You don't like the story? Drop it. It disappointed you? Never touch it again. Y'all are taking this way too seriously, touch grass.
Jul 23, 2022 3:34 AM
Jul 2022
I feel really disappointed, i feel like it will be better if maou ended with no one or with emi.
since chi-chan is literally a high school girl and maou is probably a dude 100yrs old or more
Aug 1, 2022 7:57 PM
Jan 2022
I going to watch this anime but hear this fucking shit he chose a side character and author made false impressions that he loves emi that fucking disgusting now I'm not going watch S1 or S2 count me out and to author for making false impressions on a character to that he should have chose fuck you you're rotten disgusting pile of trash
Aug 6, 2022 7:54 PM
Jul 2022
I really wish the manga had a different ending. I don't hate Chiho, but I think all the character development and storyline would be more perfect if Maou ended up with Emi
Aug 10, 2022 5:12 PM
Aug 2022
Well I don't have any problem with the ending I am happy with it
Aug 10, 2022 5:13 PM
Aug 2022
I am happy with the ending in th ln
Sep 13, 2022 11:37 AM
Sep 2022
beomjune said:
LeeChang23 said:

I had to make an account just to Tell you to shut your ass up you dumbass uncultured monkey, talking about grammar when you yourself made many grammatical mistakes over the course of this argument.

He Owes the fans because they are the ones that even gave him the chance to make a Manga and an Anime, without a fanbase, his Manga wouldn't have gained traction or support at all, people liked it indeed but they felt betrayed, and even if they liked it, he still owes them his success, he could've just ended up like the hundreds of obscure non-readed LN Novels that no one ever heard of and no one will ever read OR hear of, he owes his Success to the fans, and you can cry about it you bitchy entitled ape who thinks his opinion is the only correct one, dickriding the Author like hes your daddy.

The Author also ruined his reputation, so yes, he has to care about his fans and respect them, or his ruined reputation will lead to his future projects and mangas to never be touched or watched dumbass, but i guess you dont know how business works because your an entitled piece of shit yourself, ironic, if he decided to come online and cry about it, YOU DECIDED TO COME ONLINE AND START SUCKING DICK, also, the Author gets to write what they want, BUT WHAT THEY WRITE DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN GOOD, THEY BETTER PUT THAT WRITING UP THEIR ASS IF ITS THAT DOGSHIT, it can't even be called intellectual property because thats an insult to many good Mangas out there, its just a good manga that got ruined by a dogshit author and Chiho is probably a self insert of some experience of his, the Author has all responsibility to care about his fan and hear them out because if you don't do that your called an ENTITLED ARROGANT BITCH and no one would ever read your mangas and stories, the fact that he writes them proves he wants them to be read, he doesn't write them for himself DUMBASS, so he's NOTHING without his fans, he'll just be some fool who wasted his time writing shit, and if he's writing for himself, HE BETTER KEEP IT TO HIMSELF

Also lets not mention the fact that Chiho is 16 and Satan is 300+ which isn't even borderline pedophilia, its ACTUAL PEDOPHILIA, dayum bro i didn't know your a pedophile fan, godamn weirdo

Hop off that Author dick dumbass chimp, go touch grass.
Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM
Jul 2022
ColonelSpirit said:

I had to make an account just to Tell you to shut your ass up you dumbass uncultured monkey, talking about grammar when you yourself made many grammatical mistakes over the course of this argument.

He Owes the fans because they are the ones that even gave him the chance to make a Manga and an Anime, without a fanbase, his Manga wouldn't have gained traction or support at all, people liked it indeed but they felt betrayed, and even if they liked it, he still owes them his success, he could've just ended up like the hundreds of obscure non-readed LN Novels that no one ever heard of and no one will ever read OR hear of, he owes his Success to the fans, and you can cry about it you bitchy entitled ape who thinks his opinion is the only correct one, dickriding the Author like hes your daddy.

The Author also ruined his reputation, so yes, he has to care about his fans and respect them, or his ruined reputation will lead to his future projects and mangas to never be touched or watched dumbass, but i guess you dont know how business works because your an entitled piece of shit yourself, ironic, if he decided to come online and cry about it, YOU DECIDED TO COME ONLINE AND START SUCKING DICK, also, the Author gets to write what they want, BUT WHAT THEY WRITE DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN GOOD, THEY BETTER PUT THAT WRITING UP THEIR ASS IF ITS THAT DOGSHIT, it can't even be called intellectual property because thats an insult to many good Mangas out there, its just a good manga that got ruined by a dogshit author and Chiho is probably a self insert of some experience of his, the Author has all responsibility to care about his fan and hear them out because if you don't do that your called an ENTITLED ARROGANT BITCH and no one would ever read your mangas and stories, the fact that he writes them proves he wants them to be read, he doesn't write them for himself DUMBASS, so he's NOTHING without his fans, he'll just be some fool who wasted his time writing shit, and if he's writing for himself, HE BETTER KEEP IT TO HIMSELF

Also lets not mention the fact that Chiho is 16 and Satan is 300+ which isn't even borderline pedophilia, its ACTUAL PEDOPHILIA, dayum bro i didn't know your a pedophile fan, godamn weirdo

You clearly need to revisit grade school because my post was free of grammatical errors. The person I was quoting couldn't string together a coherent valid point, much like your retarded ass.
But I have the time to completely dismantle your half-baked dogshit arguments. It's not hard considering all you did was regurgitate the same old tired talking points as every other entitled piece of shit "fan," even reusing the same insults. How pathetic.

"you yourself made many grammatical mistakes" where?

"He Owes the fans because they are the ones that even gave him the chance to make a Manga and an Anime, without a fanbase, his Manga wouldn't have gained traction or support at all, people liked it indeed but they felt betrayed, and even if they liked it, he still owes them his success, he could've just ended up like the hundreds of obscure non-readed LN Novels that no one ever heard of and no one will ever read OR hear of, he owes his Success to the fans, and you can cry about it you bitchy entitled ape who thinks his opinion is the only correct one, dickriding the Author like hes your daddy."

This is so funny because you tried to call out my grammar when your very first paragraph is riddled with errors. "non-readed" lmao! You also completely missed my point, which is classic for retards with zero comprehension like you. First off, the author wrote his LN first. His work at that point was complete. You think all LN authors write because they want to get lucky and get adaptations of their work? Like you said, there are hundreds of LN Novel authors. The MAJORITY of LN's start out as passion projects simply because the author wanted to write something and creatively express themselves. If they get discovered, that's great! If not, they don't care. The fact of the matter is that the source material was completed BEFORE the manga and anime existed. Why would the author owe anything to the fans when he HAD NO FANS? You are so fucking braindead it's hilarious.

"The Author also ruined his reputation." His reputation was "ruined" simply because entitled fucks like you cried about it. You didn't get the OTP you wanted so you all threw a fit and whined online. And after all that, what makes you think the author would WANT to touch the anime/manga community again? You all proved to him that you are the most degenerate human beings alive. You are all children who cry when things don't go your way, and then make it your business to berate and attack someone who simply wanted to write a story. Case in point when you say shit like this: "BUT WHAT THEY WRITE DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN GOOD, THEY BETTER PUT THAT WRITING UP THEIR ASS IF ITS THAT DOGSHIT, it can't even be called intellectual property because thats an insult to many good Mangas out there."

Sorry I didn't realize there were arbiters of anime that could dictate what deserves to be written and what doesn't. You can think it's 'not good' all you want. That doesn't negate his right to choose what happens in his own story. Neither does it negate his right to write/publish his works in the first place. But I guess this needed to be explained slowly for you since you anime/manga troglodytes can't see basic logic and reasoning through your man-children tears.

"he doesn't write them for himself DUMBASS, so he's NOTHING without his fans, he'll just be some fool who wasted his time writing shit, and if he's writing for himself, HE BETTER KEEP IT TO HIMSELF"

What logic is this? Oh wait there is none. He wrote the LN before all of the adaptations. By definition, he was WRITING FOR HIMSELF, and since he's writing for himself, he isn't wasting time. By this shitty reasoning, songwriters who don't cater to mainstream tastes don't deserve to write or distribute their music as long as some internet nobody living with his parents (aka you) thinks it's "dogshit." It's laughable at how loud yet how wrong you are. Clearly you were spoiled during your upbringing, but that's par for the course at this point.

"Also lets not mention the fact that Chiho is 16 and Satan is 300+ which isn't even borderline pedophilia, its ACTUAL PEDOPHILIA, dayum bro i didn't know your a pedophile fan, godamn weirdo"

When they canonically get together they are of age, and when the story was written, marriage at 16 for women was legal in Japan. How ignorant do you have to be before you're satisfied? Oh wait don't answer that, since the answer is already known to be indefinite. This wasn't even a talking point of mine, but you still brought it up, which seems like MAJOR PROJECTION on your end. Yikes. But I'm not surprised that you're a closet pedo.
You also mention dicksucking quite a lot during your poorly-formulated reply. Freudian slip I presume. But I digress.

You're decades behind me buddy. Finish school before ever engaging online content and making a complete ass out of yourself. Oh never mind, you already did. In that case, just finish school.

Run along now. Take a long break from the internet buddy. Your mother will thank you for it. :)
beomjuneSep 13, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 21, 2022 12:34 AM
Sep 2022
beomjune said:
ColonelSpirit said:

You clearly need to revisit grade school because my post was free of grammatical errors. The person I was quoting couldn't string together a coherent valid point, much like your retarded ass.
But I have the time to completely dismantle your half-baked dogshit arguments. It's not hard considering all you did was regurgitate the same old tired talking points as every other entitled piece of shit "fan," even reusing the same insults. How pathetic.

"you yourself made many grammatical mistakes" where?

"He Owes the fans because they are the ones that even gave him the chance to make a Manga and an Anime, without a fanbase, his Manga wouldn't have gained traction or support at all, people liked it indeed but they felt betrayed, and even if they liked it, he still owes them his success, he could've just ended up like the hundreds of obscure non-readed LN Novels that no one ever heard of and no one will ever read OR hear of, he owes his Success to the fans, and you can cry about it you bitchy entitled ape who thinks his opinion is the only correct one, dickriding the Author like hes your daddy."

This is so funny because you tried to call out my grammar when your very first paragraph is riddled with errors. "non-readed" lmao! You also completely missed my point, which is classic for retards with zero comprehension like you. First off, the author wrote his LN first. His work at that point was complete. You think all LN authors write because they want to get lucky and get adaptations of their work? Like you said, there are hundreds of LN Novel authors. The MAJORITY of LN's start out as passion projects simply because the author wanted to write something and creatively express themselves. If they get discovered, that's great! If not, they don't care. The fact of the matter is that the source material was completed BEFORE the manga and anime existed. Why would the author owe anything to the fans when he HAD NO FANS? You are so fucking braindead it's hilarious.

"The Author also ruined his reputation." His reputation was "ruined" simply because entitled fucks like you cried about it. You didn't get the OTP you wanted so you all threw a fit and whined online. And after all that, what makes you think the author would WANT to touch the anime/manga community again? You all proved to him that you are the most degenerate human beings alive. You are all children who cry when things don't go your way, and then make it your business to berate and attack someone who simply wanted to write a story. Case in point when you say shit like this: "BUT WHAT THEY WRITE DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN GOOD, THEY BETTER PUT THAT WRITING UP THEIR ASS IF ITS THAT DOGSHIT, it can't even be called intellectual property because thats an insult to many good Mangas out there."

Sorry I didn't realize there were arbiters of anime that could dictate what deserves to be written and what doesn't. You can think it's 'not good' all you want. That doesn't negate his right to choose what happens in his own story. Neither does it negate his right to write/publish his works in the first place. But I guess this needed to be explained slowly for you since you anime/manga troglodytes can't see basic logic and reasoning through your man-children tears.

"he doesn't write them for himself DUMBASS, so he's NOTHING without his fans, he'll just be some fool who wasted his time writing shit, and if he's writing for himself, HE BETTER KEEP IT TO HIMSELF"

What logic is this? Oh wait there is none. He wrote the LN before all of the adaptations. By definition, he was WRITING FOR HIMSELF, and since he's writing for himself, he isn't wasting time. By this shitty reasoning, songwriters who don't cater to mainstream tastes don't deserve to write or distribute their music as long as some internet nobody living with his parents (aka you) thinks it's "dogshit." It's laughable at how loud yet how wrong you are. Clearly you were spoiled during your upbringing, but that's par for the course at this point.

"Also lets not mention the fact that Chiho is 16 and Satan is 300+ which isn't even borderline pedophilia, its ACTUAL PEDOPHILIA, dayum bro i didn't know your a pedophile fan, godamn weirdo"

When they canonically get together they are of age, and when the story was written, marriage at 16 for women was legal in Japan. How ignorant do you have to be before you're satisfied? Oh wait don't answer that, since the answer is already known to be indefinite. This wasn't even a talking point of mine, but you still brought it up, which seems like MAJOR PROJECTION on your end. Yikes. But I'm not surprised that you're a closet pedo.
You also mention dicksucking quite a lot during your poorly-formulated reply. Freudian slip I presume. But I digress.

You're decades behind me buddy. Finish school before ever engaging online content and making a complete ass out of yourself. Oh never mind, you already did. In that case, just finish school.

Run along now. Take a long break from the internet buddy. Your mother will thank you for it. :)

Hello Beomjune! I would like to discuss the parts of where the author is in the right and where the fans, especially ones that became entranced by the first season of the Anime from Adult Swim, are in the right for feeling betrayed by the author. Please understand I do mean have a mature conversation and not a degrading yelling match. If that is okay with you, please reply with your opinions/contradictions, and I will be overjoyed to read them.

1. The Author is in his rights to end the story however he pleases. Especially since he wrote it in the local paper for anyone to read if they so wished. Along with the fact that he already had it finished before it was picked up as a manga and anime. He can keep it as true to his LN as he wishes no matter the backlash that will follow. And who knows! He may change the ending in the anime. He still has time but that is entirely his decision if the anime and manga go long enough to reach that point.

2. The Fans are in the right to feel betrayed. I will agree on this point. I will not lie about my personal feelings on how the author ended the story. I feel disgraced that the ending had me experiencing whiplash from that ball he threw from left field. It isn’t due to the fact that Emi and Satan are my main ship at sea. I have had my fair share of ships sink in the sea due to the direction the “captain” steered. It was more of the fact that the author spent an incredible amount of time on those two throughout the LN and would barely make an effort to have large enough chunks of the story for Chiho and Satan to develop a relationship worthy of the ending he provided. That is what has me in a tiff. Not enough that I have a strong enough urge to send death threats…that hasn’t happened for me yet in any type of literature. But, I can understand where they come from. Doesn’t excuse the excessive behaviour the “major” fans are demonstrating.
Sep 29, 2022 12:12 AM
Sep 2022
and MY SHIP WON! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!

Chi and Maou~ <3
Sep 29, 2022 12:15 AM
Sep 2022
Sandipo said:
Well I don't have any problem with the ending I am happy with it

I just finished reading Vol 21 and I gotta say, "me too!"

since the beginning, I like Chi and Maou Ship so much hehe...
Sep 29, 2022 3:53 AM

Jan 2018
Yes, that ending just came out of nowhere lol
Sep 29, 2022 5:02 AM

Aug 2020
Doesn't Chiho like Maou first?
Oct 30, 2022 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
arp67 said:
I really wish the manga had a different ending. I don't hate Chiho, but I think all the character development and storyline would be more perfect if Maou ended up with Emi

Chiho reminds me of that girl in Shakugan no shana Yoshida, i would say its like her identical twin :D
Sugram22Dec 4, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 8, 2022 2:31 PM

Oct 2021
dimitrivangeloz said:
Honestly what was the author thinking? What's the point of shipping Maou with Chiho after all that developement with Emi, and the rushed ending?

Apparently many fans are really disappointed and the author has apparently received death threats. I don't consent to that kind of treatment and no one deserves it but honestly I'm not surprised.

I mistakenly read a spoiler and then went to confirm if it was true. Surely it was and I instantly dropped the rating of the series. Romance is my most read genre and I've never ever changed a rating because of "wrong ship" because ultimately that is an opinion, but after this I was disappointed enough to do so.

Great way to ruin one of my favourite stories of all time! Such a great concept, simply ruined.

What do you think? Who should Maou have ended up with and why? Do you think the manga will see an alternative ending?

It is what it is.
I'm pretty sure 90% of Chiho's fans are her "fans" just because she's the one with the biggest tits overall in the whole anime anyways. I'm tired of writing replies on this anime's forums, adios.
yes.
Dec 6, 2022 5:36 AM

Nov 2016
big booba are a huge turn off for me. hope the change the love route for the manga frfr
Apr 12, 2023 10:42 AM
Aug 2019
Honestly the ending was disappointing but i’m just writing this so i can come bck and reread that long argument😋

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Chapter 98 Discussion

spicarie - Dec 3, 2023

0 by spicarie »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:21 PM

» Is this still ongoing or what

Acapper - May 30, 2021

4 by LunarWitchEphona »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:32 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Chapter 86 Discussion

Icewolf004 - Jul 21, 2023

0 by Icewolf004 »»
Jul 21, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Chapter 106 Discussion

Jacob300 - Aug 10, 2022

0 by Jacob300 »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Chapter 103 Discussion

Penguatix - Jul 29, 2022

0 by Penguatix »»
Jul 29, 2022 6:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.