Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2007 12:33 PM

May 2006
So what did you people think?

I think that it was just lame and stupid, but at least I had a good laugh on it...

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Jan 3, 2007 1:38 PM

Oct 2006
^ Agree

Was a decent series through, too lame and mushy near the end, and a TOO unpredictable ending with the dad, magic back-to-life light, aliens at the wedding, etc
Jul 18, 2007 1:43 PM

May 2007
LAME?! It was a good ending... Although i do agree it could have been better. I think the whole concept of them getting married in a giant ring floating in space along a big ribbon is a brilliant idea by the developers, was a nice twist than the basic marriage because i was wondering as its two planets which one would they marry on.

I think the time when the dad comes out at the end is brilliantly funny. The irony of it is that this is what the children believed to have happened and it actually did, although they were saying it as a joke.

Overall i give this anime a 10 / 10 easily, didnt even have to think about it.

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]
Jul 18, 2007 1:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, it was sort of typical for me. Never questioned that it would turn out like this. It was pretty and funny but didn't have enough 'character' itself to get a 10 from me. I enjoyed it and it had a few twists so I rated it a 7.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 3, 2007 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Well, it was sort of typical for me. Never questioned that it would turn out like this. It was pretty and funny but didn't have enough 'character' itself to get a 10 from me. I enjoyed it and it had a few twists so I rated it a 7.

aliens at wedding ... the whole alien thing just came out of the joke about the dad being abducted.
personally a scene with Feena crying in the hospital as [i forgot the maincharacter's name already] is in the operating room would've been nicer -.-
Aug 3, 2007 4:16 PM

Feb 2007
I found the alien thing at the wedding similar to how the council sits in Star Wars. And I thought of Mahoromatic when I first saw how huge the alien spaceship looked like.
Oct 31, 2007 1:53 PM

May 2007
I have to say...I thought this was an absolutely terrible show. I gave it a two. The jokes werethe tinniest bit funny the first time, so they certainly weren't funny the seventy-second time. Tatsuya was your typical weak harem lead (although he did manage to make a choice much faster than other leads-I'll give him props for that), Feena was your typical princess who does everything right, even if she's never heard of it before, and Natsuki is the typical violent girl with wooden paddles that she manages to pull out of thin air who manages to burn everything, even food that requires basically no preparation. I suck at cooking, but even I can't turn a salad into carbon.

And I could go on, but I'll stop myself there with all the typical characters and move onto something else! For example, the sappy, sappy relationships that made me gag. It was...intoxicating. I couldn't stand it, and I ended up only being able to watch an episode every two weeks or so. I only finished the series because I decided to try and finish every show I watch. Let me tell you, this one was hard.

I will allow that this show had a few redeeming qualities that got it a 2 instead of a 1. As I mentioned before, as much as I dislike the main character, he's picked a girl half-way through the series instead of at the very end. The art was very, very pretty. And my favorite part? Feena's mom, Cephilia, and her dad Lionus when they little. I found it adorable everytime they turned into SD's every time she called his name.

And that's about it. If you like it, all the power to you. I just wanted to explain why I don't, for the two people who might actually read this entire post, lol.
Oct 31, 2007 1:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It was indeed nothing outstanding but some jokes were nice, the art looked good, and it wasn't like I was bored every single minute of it. I'd never rate this anime a 2. There are ones out there that are so much worse. Can't wait those a -4. I ended up giving it a 6, regardless of my post up there.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 7, 2007 10:56 PM

May 2007
I don't know from were all that came from.
But i laughed my ass off at the last episode.
You guys might have hated it, but it was so serious and suddenly so lame, i had to give an 8. xD
It was from no where, every single second of that last episode, so it deserves 8

The fact that every single thing was going so "politic" and smoothly was starting to piss me off.

btw, twilight1123, i read all your post.
I damn agree with ya about the straight forward main, i was hella tired of: "oh, i dunno wot to du! i will just continue like this for 20 episodes, until something happens and i have to choose, not being able to prolong any longer."
And yeah, the art was something very good.
(But the ost... I only liked the first 5 seconds of the opening, after that i always skipped it xD [The other songs simply didn't exist, at least, i didn't notice them xD])

But whaddya guys expect from a harem anime?
There will be always cliche =P
This one was special, it had ALL types of cliche, and some original ideas. (very few although) xDDD
Jan 12, 2008 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
Right the Indiana-Jones-father-being-abducted-by-alians-but-finds-a-way-to-communicate-and-saves-the-day thing was farfetched, but unexpected. I thought he might turn up, not like this however. It gave me a good laugh, honto ^.- I think it's funny they make the joke of episodes earlier really happen. It sorts of suits the end, although personally I would have left Tatsuya's death out of it. It's too much, even a that moment. Overall, it has been an enteraining show. Not quite as good as many, but really good enough for an 8 if you ask me ^.^

~ Nola...
May 27, 2008 7:59 PM

May 2008
Err... in the end as in after the ending song... what was that preview about?
Jun 9, 2008 9:30 PM

Apr 2008
ht
Slayer12 said:
Err... in the end as in after the ending song... what was that preview about?

i believe it was this
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=1718

a Di Gi Charat spinoff
Jan 22, 2009 6:32 PM

Aug 2008
At this point in time who would expect someone to comment on this show, but im going to do it anyway. Before that though thanks for confirming what i thought had been previewed after the end credits.

Even if this is only your second show of this genre, you should know what to expect, and it never really changes much, you either accept it, or you dont, and if you dont your pretty much certain to not enjoy it.

I loved the animation, i thought it looked really well done, and suited the show. Thing i was happiest most about, was their relationship, never did it seem in doubt, no matter how much anyone tried to interfer, though there wasnt much of that to be honest. Even the other girls, never made any real play for Tatsuya. In a lot of ways due to this it almost doesnt warrent being discribed as a harem, except that he lives with several girls and is surrounded by more at school and stuff. Almost has a Clannad feel, in that only one real relationship exists, any others are just what fans want.

Anyway due to it only ever being Feena and Tatsuya it made it very easy and plesent to watch. It could even be described as boring since there was no male or female interferance, but as i said i liked this about it. Many others have you feeling a complete range of emotions, from happy and sad, to angry and excited, so many emotions can make it entertaining but can also make it hard to watch as you feel too much and become too involved.

The characters i thought where all very likeable except Jurgen ofcourse. Well drawn and cute for the most part. I dont think the comedy in the show was anythign special, i laughed a few times but nothign major typically Jin and Takono provided most of it, with the exception of the events in the last episode with Chiharu, and the odd time he was brought up before then.

I came across this while looking at a few recommendations based on what i watched, and was interested. Found it, watched it, it was entertaining, passed the time due to its light hearted feel, and never did anything that tried to provoke the viewer too much. I gave it an 8, im unsure how much i would enjoy it if i watched it again, but i could say that about alot of anime, first time it can be or was epic, second time not so much, or not at all.

If anyone ever reads this, tell me am i the only one that thinks this. That Wreathlit has a similar look and feel as Fate from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
Apr 14, 2009 8:52 PM

Feb 2009
I don't know why ppl criticize it that much...
This sure has it's cliches, but it was consistent to it's plot 'til the end.
The idea about the dad being abducted and coming to "save-the-day" was good, since it started on the joke of his children.
So I think my opinion is more like Kouk2002's.
Though, when i watched this anime i had a feeling of "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu".
Since i gave that a 9, i had to give 9 to both.
Maybe that's why i watched this without expecting anything special, and was just enjoying the artwork, the relationship and the few fun and cute parts.

I really love shows like that, with a plain cute "true-loving" couple and no triangles.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Apr 23, 2009 2:34 PM

Aug 2008
Blow said:
I really love shows like that, with a plain cute "true-loving" couple and no triangles.

Second that, any recommendations for shows that are like that?
Jun 14, 2009 9:09 PM
Aug 2007
Ending was kinda lame, with that alien and last message stuff, though it wasn't something to be surprised about. Their relationship was very nice to see and it was good that they didn't throw up every female against the protagonist. Pretty average show, but heartwarming till the end. Wreathlit was cool, and I wanted to learn more about her.
Jul 15, 2009 11:32 PM

Dec 2008
meh lame. but props for making me laugh some.
Aug 23, 2009 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
I want to rate it higher as i really enjoyed this anime, but it was just too lame to rate more than a 7/10 honestly =/ I felt something when Tatsuya "died" but then BZZZZZT ALEIN BEAM OF LIFE FTW, then it was just ya... my feelings ended there and i was just plain indifferent, though it was a bit funny.
Jan 10, 2010 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
It would of been to tragic if they went through all that only to have him die in the end.
Great story line, and animation.
I loved the fact that the joint space station looked like a wedding ring.

I'm going 10/10. I loved it.
Jan 28, 2010 8:27 PM

Sep 2008
I knew that there was going to be some happy ending, and would love to have seen him die for good, but I am not disappointed by the end at all. I was quite moved by the tension as the people watched on as he died, gotta love when anime makes their pupils small with that shocked look. Well it was enough to squeeze out a tear. <3

I'm going to watch Winter Garden now, looks cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2010 6:16 AM
Mar 2010
I loved the slightly predictable ending (chiharu kidnapped by aliens xD)

I kinda wish for more animes like this. Lots of people dont like that which i actually dont understand. Maybe its because I'm used to other types of animes (I've watched lots of romance animes with drama and a tragic ending =\)

10/10 ^^

Best regards
Jun 16, 2010 6:05 AM

May 2010
The ending might have been cliche/lame or whatever people thought about it, but I have seen so many animes lately with really crappy endings. This was a somewhat heartwarming ending for me, I really don't give a shit if it might have been cliche. I am really glad they done it like this. Granted some parts were kinda ''meh'', but overall I enjoyed it and thought the ending was fitting.

7.5. (8)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2010 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS. It gets a 10 from!
Jun 22, 2011 5:56 PM

Oct 2010
I was laughing so from the second he got shot until the credits. Like everything was so cliche and so bad that i just couldn't be mad at it. I start to watch with no expectations and It didn't prove me wrong. I can't say this was terrible all the way since it kinda has its moments and honestly is not a bad way to waste some time.

6/10 - Fine, I guess, nothing special for sure.

Every now and then watching a "good ending" is not such a bad idea
huh?
Oct 17, 2011 5:06 PM
May 2011
this anime was a 9/10 for me was going to give it a good 7/10 but one 1 scene in the last episode made it go from a 7 to a 9 in my mind. the scene where Tatsuya protected Feena from the bullet and died. good ending how he came back to life though but the aliens and magic light bringing people back to life was pretty lame.
Nov 16, 2011 10:43 PM

Dec 2009
Now THAT was some EXTREME DEUS EX MACHINA ACTION to wrap the series up. Suddenly the father saves his son from death and all is well.

And I know it's cute and everything, but why the heck haven't they thought that this link from Earth and Moon is totally wrong? The Earth spins and all.
Dec 29, 2011 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
it was a good anime but like almost every one i didnt like the light coming and all that would have been better if he didnt die and had to get over it with time and not magic
Mar 1, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed this anime to bits! I must admit it isn't perfect (but then what is... realistically?), but for some reason I really can't bring myself to give it any less than a 10. Sure the story-flow might be "typical" of any romantic comedy, but it didn't really stop me from enjoying it more than some of the more recent anime to come along.

I must admit, I was totally lost in the moment when Tatsuya got shot that despite all of the hints I did not see his father's return to save his son coming. Sure it might seem cheap to be saved by a miracle beam, but then again he was shot directly in the heart and last I checked human technology is not THAT good (yet at least). In one sense it makes more sense to be saved by advanced alien technology. At the very least I'm glad they did not break the principals/ideals they introduced in the story, as I think that killing off the main character would've done just that (and possibly take away the enjoyment I had in watching the anime).

Also I thought that the wedding at the very end had quite a nice touch to it. They got married on the international space station (an idea proposed by Feena's Mother) that finally got completed after so long (sure, the shape's like a wedding ring, but details details xD).

All in all, I thought this was a great anime (maybe not the best, but at the very least I enjoyed it immensely).
SkykurohiMar 1, 2012 4:25 PM
Mar 19, 2012 12:30 AM
Mar 2009
10/10 easy. Its that anime, made especially to pwn pointless typical harems that could end at 12 eps, that rather annoyingly extend to 24 eps + more
Jul 11, 2012 10:25 AM

Jun 2009

oh boy....

This should've stayed as the generic romcom it started as because it was fine like that. Instead it tried...whatever the hell that was supposed to be, and as a result the final two episodes were a REAL mess. This was ridiculous. 5/10
Aug 23, 2012 12:42 AM

Jan 2008
Giant wedding ring space station is so cool! I loved it! <3
Jan 3, 2013 7:26 PM
Dec 2012
I really liked the series. 12 episodes was the right length to get the story in and not have it drag. I was really absorbed by the political maneuvering of the last two episodes. Tatsuya taking a bullet for Feena touched me, and everything after that might have been cliché but I didn't mind it because to me it was just wrapping things up.

I also really liked Takano. He was this hyper and perverted comic relief character, but he was still so important to the story, training Tatsuya, helping Feena break out of her room, then foiling Jürgen with the camera. At first he seemed selfish for faking the ship wreck on the island or filming Feena in the bathtub, but in the end it turns out that he was intensely loyal to Feena and Lyones' seemingly foolish trust in him turned out to be well placed.

The one thing I had trouble with was the Wreathlit/Fiacca story. I couldn't take the idea that they thought keeping people apart was going to prevent suffering and were willing to harm Tatsuya but then at the end when things were getting bad, they couldn't do anything.
RooseveltJan 3, 2013 7:31 PM
Mar 7, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
I don't think it was that bad. At least it has a good ending than most visual novel based anime
May 7, 2013 4:32 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I found it disappointing. It's not that I wasn't happy there was a happy ending, but rather the way they got there.
May 16, 2013 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
The end of this episode was a teeny bit ridiculous, though I'm glad that the show didn't end with the MC dying.

Overall, I think this was a great show. The romance was really cute, and the romance between the two main characters never faltered. I enjoyed the plot and the comedy, though I can certainly see why some people might not. So I give it a 9/10 for being a phenomenal watch, but with its flaws (such as the forced happy end - it could have been made a little more, uh, natural).
LrdwhytMay 16, 2013 4:38 PM
Aug 1, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
That was a good happy ending.
i wouldn`t mind overused cliches because 99% anime were all cliched.
Aliens invited to the wedding is so hilarious XD
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 4, 2014 7:41 AM
Dec 2013
They could have ended this show better. Have him get shot but a non-fatal wound. go in a coma or something and then have Earth and the Moon learn their lesson from the tragedy. Then at the end have him wake up years later to a better world.

This was a decent show. Its firmly average and watchable. The ending however sours the mood a bit.
Jul 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
A predictable and cheesy ending but it wasn't bad. Overall, this anime was decent. I wish I would have read the VN first though because that's 30-50 hours and most likely would have given this anime the depth that it needed to be a lot better. Everything felt a bit rushed, especially the romance between them. They barely showed us any development in their relationship but they just randomly fell in love and shortly after got married lol..
Jul 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
He definitely should have died. Would have been so epic if he did...
Aug 2, 2014 10:19 PM

Sep 2013
A fairy tale ending for a fairy tale-like anime. Cliche ending but I'd prefer a cliche ending over a sad/tragic ending. It was ok. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 27, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoyed this anime overall. Though the comedy was a bit hit and miss at times or just to repetitive. The romance side of the story was fantastic. Both admiting their love for each other by the halfway point and actually forming a relationship. Which to be honest is pretty rare for romance animes nowadays. They got married in the end which was cool... pluss I spotted E.T in the lower left corner at 20:50 ( I think)

Happy conclusive endings FTW!!!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Jan 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
As the two spheres of life witnesses a everlasting story of love that disregard one's echelon .
I admit , that was a wonderful speech from the two . though , It would've gone smooth if It wasn't for the egocentric bastard ruining it .
That said, the "supporting team" shows up and exposes his contemptible actions to the two nations !! But In spite of that , he still managed to put tatsuya down with his last attempt of stupidity . Meanwhile , Tatsuya was shot and now lying at the brink of death . Hope he regains consciousness after his heroic saving on his precious princess. the reactions.. were mournful.
That was rather abrupt of the situation , considering the fact that we're still despondent due to a tragic event . though , It wasn't really that precipitous , thinking It's anticipated .
The message of Cephilia was really touching .. her pendant is one-of-a-kind thing to rejoice .
Now, the years of deprivation has finally ended and the souls shall now rest in peace ~ .
Pretty GREAT Episode !!! Congratulations to the newly weds ~ !!

Yoakena : Crescent love is a lovable , placid and dulcet-kind of anime for me ~ !!
Overall performance is middling or not on the heights of pure contentment but was able to give a nice story of affections that omits one's social standards . Although , the poor animation (it's debatable) and nearly nonsensical order of events brought it down to many negative responses , It was still a joyful love story that will touch those gelid hearts even a bit .
I hope for something like a remake with a better plot as a 'feedback' and just for good times ~ .
Jul 4, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2015
Atlast!!!! I completed these horrible 12 episodes in 3 days...pacing was the worst problem in this show...repetitive comedy...something was wrong with both MC's ( Feena and Mrs.Commoner xD ), they went into total retard/lovebird mode and here we have a crappy happy ending...5/10 for whole show
Aug 13, 2017 3:48 PM
Dec 2011
I only watched the anime to get an idea about the Visual Novel before playing it, but honestly it made me reconsider my opinion. I might not bother with it after all.

5/10
I'm usually generous but I really thought this show was just ridiculous for the most part.
Nov 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Oct 2011
good try for the most part. reminds me of Heroic Age romance - rushed.

Dec 18, 2017 4:22 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BEST ROMANCE ANIME EVERRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!! HAD A BIT OF GUNDAM SEED FEEL TO IT ! <333333333333 FEENA
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 24, 2020 7:02 AM

Jun 2010
Despite the cheesiness and the Deus ex Machina ending it was a quite enjoyable little series.
Feb 13, 2021 3:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn they really revived him at the end xD well they really wanted that happy ending, at least they got married and finally kissed.
Fine anime overall, the plot was pretty interesting, like a Sci-Fi romeo and juliet
Dec 14, 2022 5:47 PM
Dec 2019
I genuinely couldn't imagine that the dumb passing joke they made at the beginning of the series would turn into the most utterly shameless Deus Ex Machina that I've seen in my life in the finale. It's the kind of half-assery that's almost impressive. Even moreso than the cabbage the animators got bullied into fixing.
May 5, 2023 1:53 PM
Sep 2018
Loved it ! I don’t know why this one is so underrated
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jul 13, 2009

5 by bakakisima »»
Jan 16, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jul 11, 2009

4 by bakakisima »»
Jan 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na Episode 9 Discussion

Ryushi - Dec 7, 2007

6 by bakakisima »»
Jan 16, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na Episode 8 Discussion

Ryushi - Dec 7, 2007

4 by bakakisima »»
Jan 16, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na Episode 7 Discussion

Ryushi - Dec 7, 2007

5 by bakakisima »»
Jan 15, 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.