Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2020 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Best volume so far. From the start to finish of the skirmishes to the all out duel. And I guess the last part too in the hospital room was kinda nice..... Maybe could have gone better if Alus said something more remarkably fitting. Of course saying some romantic line would be way too out of the norm but maybe something more memorable.

Now as for the actual focus of this volume which is the battles, first it was good to know how reliable could be Lettie and her squad. And that 6 blue flames jutsu was really cool, I like flashy stuff such as those. Aside from that, it's also nice to see some of her thoughts and concern over Alus on the back of her playful personality. Though it's kinda hard to identify the distinction between her sisterly love and romanticism, but I guess that mysteriousness is part of her appeal.

And for the climax, honestly I never was a big fan of giant monsters being the adversity in such stories since you could already tell that might is only what they have and only big destruction is the only thing they usually offer and you know that the hero will vanquish them anyway or at least that's the simple formula so it really just kills my enthusiasm most of the time.... but not this time. This devourer have more layers to it as it tried to handle the fights like a hunter. And it still have the trait of a usual aggressive monster but his instinctual attacking capacity is more wicked than I imagined like when it used aport on Rinne to distract Alus. And that really made it exciting to see Alus unleash his full prowess and this battle clearly delivered. Interestingly enough to the very end, the devourer proved to be troublesome even after it's death, and for that I just had to tip my hat off to this author for that wonderful and brilliant climax.

For the rest of the of the moment after Alus released his "Gra water", I don't think I really need more words to appreciate all the scenes there as I believe it's better to be left alone as it's a case of "show, don't tell" moments like Jack and Rose as they afloat in the sea.......Just enchanting.

Although admittedly, I'm not a fan of Loki either, I thought her obsession was kinda too "heavy". But now that I've seen the full extent of her conviction, I guess I can afford to cheer her on a little bit on her future endeavors.
Feb 26, 2023 6:32 AM

May 2016
Loved everything about this volume except the development Loki got, coz for some reason I can't seem to like her. The author mentioned that Loki won the best girl poll by a huge margin on the afterword of some previous volume while his intended main heroine, the tsun-pure Tesfia got the last place which is kinda disappointing coz I really liked Tesfia more. I don't know what's with the Japanese audience and their preference for the clingy obsessed type of female characters. Ever since the author of HataMaou sh*t on Emi and chose Chiho, I've developed this inherent hatred for these kinda characters.

Leaving the waifu wars aside, the story and all the fights in this volume were absolutely amazing. Looking forward to reading further volumes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Mahoushi no Inton Keikaku Volume 15 Discussion

AngelofFrost - Mar 3, 2023

0 by AngelofFrost »»
Mar 3, 2023 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.