Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Oct 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The first chapter to Jujutsu Kaisen's prequel.

I like the premise and I've heard a lot of praise about it (especially about Okkotsu that is) but compared to Jujutsu Kaisen it seems lacking. Which makes sense since it's obviously Gege's earlier work.

Also, seeing Yuuji and Toge mashed together is weirdly hilarious and uncanny at the same time.
Dec 1, 2020 3:15 AM
Nov 2018
Nice beginning for the series.

Jan 23, 2021 1:53 AM

Jul 2015
DenoMon_chr said:
This was an interesting prequel chapter. The protagonist, Okkotsu, was mentioned in the main series, and now we get to actually see him. His predicament of being haunted by a deceased crush is actually really interesting, and stands out from everything in the main series so far. I feel for him wanting to find a reason to live, and for wanting people to like and rely on him.

It seems like Gojo-sensei has a prominent role in this prequel, which is nice. It's also good to see more of Panda, Zenin, and Inumaki, since they could have used more development in the anime's first cour. Inumaki and Panda acted much the same as they do in the main series, and Panda was introduced in a similarly non-descriptive manner. Zenin seemed even more rough around the edges than usual, though.

Rika's cursed form is extremely well-designed imo. Gojo-sensei's "Women sure are scary" one-liner wasn't off the mark in her case. It was interesting to see her take on the giant cursed spirit, while Okkotsu rescued the students from it. It seems like Rika's curse is manifested by Okkotsu's feelings towards her death, similar to what the principal said could happen with Yuuji's grandfather.

Overall, the first chapter was really good and I'm looking forward to the rest.
now I can't wait for Yuuta to show up in the main series. I just found this manga, and I recalled the name from last week's episode. It's great to know his backstory.
Jan 23, 2021 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
Yuta and Rika? is this Chunibyo anime of Kyoto Animation? lol
Mar 7, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2020
I wanted to buy the volume but it is not coming in stock. I cant find it anywhere so lets read on Shonen Jump.

Interesting chapter. Toge looks a lot like Itadoriwith his hair.
Gojo with the black eye cover is a better design in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if this is canon in the JJK universe or not.
--AbiSa--
Mar 7, 2021 9:43 AM

Oct 2019
AbiSa said:
I wanted to buy the volume but it is not coming in stock. I cant find it anywhere so lets read on Shonen Jump.

Interesting chapter. Toge looks a lot like Itadoriwith his hair.
Gojo with the black eye cover is a better design in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if this is canon in the JJK universe or not.

Yes, volume 0 is canon for jjk. Also Toge looks like that because Gege decided to use his design on Yuuji when he got to make jjk and Toge got a redesign
Apr 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Apr 2016
Special Rank Yandere Curse is a really interesting concept, since it showcases the negative manipulativ/overprotecting emotions connected to love
May 1, 2021 8:05 PM

Aug 2012
Finally time to start reading JuJutsu Kaisen after watching the anime. I mostly just want to read the Shibuya arc but I don't like skipping content, even if I technically already seen the material, so manga from the beginning. And the beginning turns out isn't even Jujutsu Kaisen, but it's predecessor series. Yuta Okkotsu interested me when mentioned in the series, but I was pretty surprised to find out that he was the main character of an earlier work in this world.

Reading it now I have to be honest, I like Yuta more as a main character than Itadori. I find him more interesting of a personality, and more relatable as well. I also think there's a certain charm to his relationship with Rika, Cursed Rika smiling with the "Rika likes rrred." panel was unexpectedly funny, and just moments later getting the little girl Rika encouraging Yuta "You can do it" was touching.
Oct 21, 2022 11:25 PM
Sep 2020
Interesting, so Yuta and Rika have a special bond lol.

Yuta looks like he needs some sleep ^^;
Dec 24, 2023 2:49 PM

May 2021
I can't remember Yuta coming to this realization so quickly in the movie but oh well. He does look like he needs sleep though.

Dec 28, 2023 7:52 AM

Feb 2021
Finally reading the manga for JJK 0. The intro is pretty good. Art is alright for now.

Yuta is a first-year at Jujutsu high and is already a special grade thanks to Rika's cursed spirit latching onto him. The accident looked gruesome.

Rika obliterated the curse and Yuta was able to save everyone

Dec 28, 2023 11:36 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The love is one of the worth grudges!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou Chapter 4 Discussion

HarryDigsAnime - Nov 27, 2020

33 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 7, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou Chapter 2 Discussion

geki_j - Jul 10, 2019

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 7, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou Chapter 3 Discussion

HarryDigsAnime - Nov 27, 2020

5 by DeonX »»
Dec 29, 2023 6:09 AM

» I just have one question (spoilers)

filthyfrank8142 - Jan 28, 2022

2 by troilus_05s »»
Feb 11, 2022 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.