Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2020 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
As soon as I realised that this volume was translated, I dropped everything and started reading this and it was worth it.

The cover for this volume is similar to its prequel’s first volume which I liked it. And I like Miyuki’s new hairstyle.
Tatsuya is looking slick with that tuxedo. I first didn’t recognise him in the coloured illustration.

Whatever Tatsuya does gets the attention of everyone. He really is a being beyond mankind. XD They really should just leave him alone.

Drunk Lina was pretty amusing. XD We need more of that. Though I was surprised that Tatsuya went along with it.

Kyouko Fujibayashi finally learned that Minoru is alive and well. Her shocked reaction to him and Minami being in a relationship was humorous.

So, we have a new character in this series introduced, Tookami Ryousuke. A spy who works for Rena Fehr who supposedly charms people with her magic. I’m not going to be surprised if Ryousuke is being fooled by her. He did prove himself in the end and I predict that he might end up joining Tatsuya as the story progresses.

It was good to see that the Kuroba twins got of screen time(?) in this volume. Ayako’s and Izumi’s little standoff was amusing. Poor Izumi. Ayako truly is a little devil. XD
And everyone wants to be around Ayako just to get some Yotsuba connections. Too bad everyone is scared of Tatsuya.

We got the ‘Extra’ and ‘Extras’ introduced and Ryousuke being one of them. Being discarded for not expected performance. Though I have to say, Ryousuke’s Reactive Armor is pretty good as self-defense. Ichihara Suzune being an Extra was a surprise.

The main action part was the fight against the Janus thieves.

The idea of using Mock Teleportation to move anywhere around the world using Takachiko Orbital Satellite is an interesting idea. Though I wonder if it is safe to use considering the long distances. That is something a lot of countries will be interested in.

Tatsuya as a character really has grown as a character. He is not as emotionless as he was at the beginning of the first series. I was really surprised that he kissed Miyuki.

Nov 24, 2020 3:52 AM

May 2016
Hooray for translation team! These guys make my day, cause official translation is still so far behind :(

I still don't like this Tookami guy very much. I guess I'm still too hung up on the old Mahouka main cast. I will give him his chance though and hope that he can make me like him hahahah. But indeed it looks like he will be the "new" Tatsuya Team together with Mayumi.

My bigger highlights: Miyuki and Tatsuya kissed! Yay! And Lina looks hot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2017
can anyone tell me where i can read it?
Dec 6, 2020 2:02 PM

May 2016
Mahouka's Reddit
Dec 18, 2020 3:52 PM
Apr 2017
Can anyone give me a little sum how Lina history went from the time she did back to USA to the last vol of the novel?
Dec 19, 2020 6:37 AM

May 2016
Hejtero said:
Can anyone give me a little sum how Lina history went from the time she did back to USA to the last vol of the novel?

Lina is attacked by STARS' members turned Parasites, flees to Japan to stay with Tatsuya & Co, a lot of trouble inside Japan and USNA because Sirius fled and in the end USNA makes peace with Tatsuya and she is "lent" to him, so she can stay in Japan. On Magian Company she was adopted by big politician Aoba, so she is officialy naturalized japanese.
Dec 19, 2020 6:41 AM
Apr 2017
Llux said:
Hejtero said:

Lina is attacked by STARS' members turned Parasites, flees to Japan to stay with Tatsuya & Co, a lot of trouble inside Japan and USNA because Sirius fled and in the end USNA makes peace with Tatsuya and she is "lent" to him, so she can stay in Japan. On Magian Company she was adopted by big politician Aoba, so she is officialy naturalized japanese.

Ty for info was kinda curious about her after she left Japan in anime.
Dec 19, 2020 6:44 AM

May 2016
Hejtero said:
Llux said:

Ty for info was kinda curious about her after she left Japan in anime.

Well, there IS a long period gap between she leaving Japan and being attacked by Parasites. Lots of monologues and stuff about her job at STARS etc, but not all that interesting.
Jan 7, 2021 10:32 PM
May 2016
I feel that author is trying to pair mayumi with that ryousuke guy
Jan 10, 2021 2:42 PM
Nov 2015
Good knowing we can discuss Magian here :)

Ryousuke is meh. Really hoping the author will make him more interesting.

I still don't like Minoru. Hoping that now he will act differently since his Minami obsession arc is over.

I NEED more Tatsuya, Miyuki, Lina and Fumiyako.

Snail paced development is welcomed. I waited 6 freaking years for that kiss and I'll enjoy my moment:3

Deathgun179 said:
I feel that author is trying to pair mayumi with that ryousuke guy

Me too.
May 7, 2021 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
I'm glad to see that there aren't any drastic changes to their personalities after just 2 years, and we could see how they've grown up a little bit. And honestly, I'm just more glad to know that Lina indeed managed to get a permanent role close to our protagonists so she'll have more screen time.

Regarding the old characters first, I quite expected to hear a fair bit of what they're up to now but out of all the gang it's only Honoka and Shizuku we've only get a gist of. It's a shame the others are still in the dark so I'll be hoping for a pleasant surprise next time. Especially in the case of Leo, I think he's the most ordinary person amongst them so I wonder if he'll stay like that or not.

Now as for the new characters and with their new setting, I enjoyed that about half of the content in this volume is shared with each of the employees' perspective, makes it more easier to get a feel of how the new setting works and how the world's regards it to their own interests. This new character Ryouske is a fun guy to have too, not that he had many interaction so far with the rest of the crew so I can't really say much about him for now other than being too gullible for how he acts with Rena. This FEHR is quite interesting as well, they might not be as bad as the Stars are labeling them. And I guess we'll be seeing more often of Fumiya and Ayako too since they're always gonna be tied to Tatsuya's business. Was really funny to see Fumiya had given up on being masculine and Ayako bantering with Izumi in the university.

Now for the new antagonists, I'm trying to recall what the others was in the past and they're always either a terrorist or a country who wants Japan's firepower(Tatsuya) out of the picture, aside from parasites and Minoru. But this time, it's a criminal syndicate that just simply want humans under them which is conveniently in the way of magian company's goals... Not that it really matters as long as it's an entertaining conflict to me, reminds me of X-Men I suppose.

Overall, I think this is a decent fresh start for the story. I kinda missed the teasing habit of Mayumi though, oh well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Magian Company Volume 2 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - May 28, 2021

3 by Leo »»
Jul 31, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.