Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You know shit gets real when the plague doctor guy, Giovanni shows up again.

Plenty of action this episode as Shirna, Tamaki, etc finds themselves fighting just to survive underground. At one point, it looked like Tamaki was about to get killed until being timely saved. Such a thrilling episode this week, the Netherworld is no joke.

What a cliffhanger.

Nov 20, 2020 10:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Extremely tense episode once again, it was great, and I was really afraid for Tamaki this time, glad that they saved her.
Nov 20, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Destroy all of Tokyo huh? Dang man.
Nov 20, 2020 10:33 AM

Jan 2016
the stuff with Shinra and Giovanni was boring ngl, this show is at its best when Shinra is off-screen. Tamaki is as useless as always
Nov 20, 2020 10:33 AM
Oct 2016
Things going from had to worse down in the Nether on all fronts. Tamaki defending Juggernaut was awesome. She's not the strongest but she keeps surviving all there ordeals, just like Obi said survival makes the fire soldier. Tamaki did stand up to those White Clad and took down numeral infernals, she did her best at this time. Hinawa and Takigi facing Iron the biggest bastard I've seen in a while. Dude was a problem to take down. Especially when Takigi wants to talk about Maki being in danger around these White Clad. He truly doesn't know his own sister its sad. Company 8 knows her better than anyone else particularly the Lieutenant. Maki is definitely not a flower garden who need to be put away. Now that she knows about this mission in the Nether we'll see where that goes. Hinawa did great considering Takigi kept talking nonsense. Aiming for the joints in a suit if armor is very smart. Shinra and Arthur reunited with they piece of shit Giovanni. Whom has used his own body as an experiment with those freaky bugs. Things are getting tense
Nov 20, 2020 10:34 AM
Oct 2016
RobinTheKing said:
the stuff with Shinra and Giovanni was boring ngl, this show is at its best when Shinra is off-screen. Tamaki is as useless as always

Both complete falsehoods
Nov 20, 2020 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
I rarely see atomic bomb explosion in anime, well everyone know the reason, so I'm surprised to see one in Fire Force, in fact the Fire Force theme is all about nuclear, though as a power not as a weapon.

I don't know why Iron White-Clad bodybuilder is allowed to have his nipples animated but Charon can't! (All men have nipples drawn in manga) I want to see Charon's nipples in anime too! I want to suck them

I feel like there's not enough explanation why our captain is so strong! Yes I'm glad that he's strong but I wanna know why too, and not a joke about training everyday like secret of Saitama's one punch kill.

Shinra and Arthur team up again!! I think they're officially a couple by story, besides from the fact that they're already sleeping in the same room, and same (bunk) bed.
Nov 20, 2020 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Another week. Another D. Pro 10/10 FF ep.

Really tense episode with Tamaki having to hold off the white clads and Arthur and Shinra v Giovanni. Dope action, but also some good setup for the final stretch of the season. Hype.
Nov 20, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Juggernaut, YOU GAVE IT YOUR ALL. Thanks for your amazing sacrifice, though I'd not wish for you to die a solemn death. Now Tamaki, it's your turn to take the baton and bring yourself and him back to the surface.

The Nether continues its rampage against Companies 2 and 8, to each the duo's own. And to think that Shinra would meet Dr. Giovanni once again with the enhanced and experimented Inferno Bug-like Adolla powers, an even higher wall to defeat unlike the first time.

Sergeant Takigi and Lieutenant Hizawa facing off against Iron of the Purple Haze (another Charon-like White-Clad with a mind like Arthur's), and the family dispute between the Oze Family ensues whether Maki's inclusion in the 8th is a bane or a boon. How ironic.

Tamaki single-handedly has the hardest fight alone, but thankfully she's saved at the most opportune moment, and cannot escape being a lucky pervert. Both captains Obi and Honda are slick though.

The White-Clads are ready for another attack in the Nether, and this won't be pretty. Their prioirty for Shinra still stands though.
Nov 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
Martensite must be Pika's cousin

And Tamaki shouldn't feel bad about herself, we're grateful for all the fanservice she provided.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Juggernaut fought like a true hero in last week's episode and I really don't want to see him dead.
And in this episode, Tamaki also fought hard.

It was nice seeing captain Obi taking down that White-Clad.

I really didn't want to see Giovanni again.

Nov 20, 2020 11:42 AM
Aug 2020
Juggernaut deserves respect cause mf nearly died trying to fight off a white clad bitch, tamaki did something at least so nothing too bad to say, giovanni is finally back and more sinister than ever and shinra Is here, tokyo bout to be wrecked lol, 10/10 episode
Nov 20, 2020 12:19 PM

Sep 2019
Tamaki didn’t run away, she protected Juggernaut with all of her strength just like he did in the previous episode.
Nov 20, 2020 12:30 PM
Apr 2018
Tamaki may not be as strong as the other characters in the show, but her perseverance is amazing.

FMmatron said:
And Tamaki shouldn't feel bad about herself, we're grateful for all the fanservice she provided.

Latom.
Nov 20, 2020 12:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nothing gives me greater joy than seeing a smug talkative villain punched hard in the face by a character I like. Well done captain Obi. Don't mess with the 8th.

RIP Juggernaut. His sacrifice ensured that we would continue having Tamaki fanservice until the end of days.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 20, 2020 1:47 PM
Nov 2019
RIP Juggernaut. I didn't expect he would actually die. Good to see Tamaki actually not be useless for once, in a way that doesn't involve stripping. Also, I can't be the only one who thinks Maki's brother was really annoying. I want Hinawa to smack him in the head.
Nov 20, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Giovanni returns creepier than ever, fusing with bugs now. It's worse in motion than in the manga, even. Too bad the GOAT Arthur appeared to face him, now his chances of winning dropped to zero.

Meanwhile Hinawa and Takigi (Maki's bro) face an absolute unit named Iron, that along with Obi, Charon and Burns must be the manliest character so far. Tbh, as much as Takigi seems to ignore the might of his sister, I would be mad too if someone would say to me they use my sister as a meat shield lol. He's a pretty good support too, too bad he spent most of the fight arguing with Hinawa. Fortunately, Iron ended being the typical dumb, big anime villain and was defeated after exposing his weak spot.

Obi punching that smug noob was amazing. Sometimes special abilities are worthless next to muscles. Between Obi and Iron, this episode made me grow a beard of sheer manliness. And this isn't the biggest flex of Obi yet. This must be the price to pay for Orochi's sexy body last episode, though I have no complaints.

Tamaki did her best tbh. She saved Juggernaut's life by stalling the Infernals and the two White Clads in time for Obi and Honda to defeat them. People need to learn that she's not a powerhouse like Shinra and she's especialized in defense. After being beating to near death by Orochi and fending off those Infernals, she had no chances against the two White Clads.

Now they are in a race against time before the whole empire gets wrecked. This arc is being as fun as in the manga.

Ritsu's so hot. I love how many attractive female villains this series has.
Nov 20, 2020 1:58 PM
Jun 2016
AnimeNerd99 said:
RIP Juggernaut. I didn't expect he would actually die. Good to see Tamaki actually not be useless for once, in a way that doesn't involve stripping. Also, I can't be the only one who thinks Maki's brother was really annoying. I want Hinawa to smack him in the head.

what?, Tamaki was useless as always....I mean...holding off generic infernals and getting beaten to pulp again by semi important henchmen is not impressive

again she was a punching bag as usual, only being capable of holding until a man comes to save her.... maybe this experience will allow her to develop since (apparently) she is aware of her uselesness now. But I wont hold my breath. God I hate Tamaki
Nov 20, 2020 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
I'm calling it : one member of the 8th will die before the end of this season. At this stage, they showed so many fire fighters dying, that I only expect one important loss (perhaps not a member of the 8th but a Captain or someone we already met).

Also, I can"t wait that they come back to the surface, 'cause the opening basically teases a huge battle with 5th & 7th Companies gathering hands with the 8th !
Nov 20, 2020 2:23 PM
Nov 2019
Kionashi said:
AnimeNerd99 said:

what?, Tamaki was useless as always....I mean...holding off generic infernals and getting beaten to pulp again by semi important henchmen is not impressive

again she was a punching bag as usual, only being capable of holding until a man comes to save her.... maybe this experience will allow her to develop since (apparently) she is aware of her uselesness now. But I wont hold my breath. God I hate Tamaki

Impressive by the standards of what we've seen her do. Which I know isn't much.
Nov 20, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
I can't believe that Juggernaut is dead, this is turning into something very crazy, the idea of only going with two captains and squads was terrible, better that they are united with benimaru and more allies and avoid losses!

Now among those who remain, they must stop the crazy person who revives people to avoid an underground collapse, while on the other side we will see how Shinra and Arthur manage to deal with a captain who, I treat Shinra as a toy for the season, now Come back stronger and with more tricks up your sleeve, this won't be easy

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Nov 20, 2020 3:31 PM
Aug 2020
I liked this episode, it is just unclear to me how far away the arc's end is if that makes sense. Maybe it will end like last season.

This episode really reminded me of some of the first season's episode for some reason.

Anyways, I always thought the way they animated Licht running was odd, I thought that was funny to call attention to.
Nov 20, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
-I assume you had Maki safely supporting the rest or you from the rear?
-We had her on the front line as a meat shiel, naturally

the whole Hinawa and Maki's brother argument was hilarious ^w^

always great to see the "non-powered" Obi in action to show why he is the company captain

Giovanni is so disgusting but intrigant character. cant wait for the confront with Shinra and Arthur

Nov 20, 2020 5:00 PM

Mar 2020
I thought that this time Tamaki was going to shine, but it didn't happen at least she was safe and they managed to take Juggernaut's body.
And to think that it was all a trap to take Shinra and in addition they will blow up the Infernals and bury all firefighters.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 20, 2020 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
lots of sakuga this week nice one

Tamaki is still useless as ever though damn

and the enemy is planning to blow up Tokyo eh
Nov 20, 2020 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
RIP juggernaut i didn't think he'd actually die for how unkillable hes been

and just fucking delete Tamaki shit's embarrassing how dirty they did this character from day one
Nov 20, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
I know Tamaki did her best but I can't take her seriously when I see her half naked, I just can't focus xD. Obi's words to her were pretty nice but I feel that the moment got ruined by the lucky lecher Licht part, shame.

Maki's brother is a pain in the ass so far but I was surprised to see that he is more capable than I imagined. For some reason I thought he had no powers.

I didn't expect to see that THICC guy either lol.

And Giovanni... Ah, it will never cease to amaze me how creepy is Giovanni. Jesus!
Nov 20, 2020 8:44 PM

Jun 2019
A solid episode. Some fun moments with Maki’s brother and the captains, respectively. Tamaki is still useless as usual. Shinra and Arthur vs Giovanni next episode should be hype.
Nov 20, 2020 8:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah! Idk if i am forgetting the previous episode one. But, its looks like David Production forgot about Noto's losing his right hand scene, while his left leg scene kinda fifty-fifty for me. Seriously, the censorship kinda irritating me for a while that i needed to read wiki to be sure whats goin on with that scene. Lol. Then these episode kinda clarified the previous episode that off with those two lost body part of Noto. Well, as i am already spoiling myself up, Noto has been changed when i got to see him again XD. Seriously, man, you were really great there, finally being a man until so much nothing happened surroung your appearance. I am appreciated Noto's scene much....

Okay, focus. I got to see another squad that looked pretty squashed. Shinra met Doctor Giovanni, Arthur flew away from his job protecting his rear squad. While Maki's brother and Hinawa had a nice long conversation even in the middle of a fight. Well, Detective Oze seems pretty useful by repelling every fires those Iron guy had, while Hinawa always acted cool and tried to figure out how to defeated those big guy. After some funny lines, how both were so care about Maki, and Maki really miss the battlefield nuances, the way to defeating those big was just simple. Yeah, Hinawa already found out that and no matter absolute hardness his body had, that parts always became his weakness as a human, then bang! He just shot all of his joints, Clearance. What a beautiful chemistry they had there!

Well, the rest of Shinra's time when chatting with Giovanni were just fine. Giovanni became more insane with his experiment by putting himself as an object experimentations. While in fact he told that Shinra already fell into their trap. Yes, the trap to destroyed Tokyo from Nether. Which was mean .... Nice, cliffhanger again!

Lets see how they were gonna dealt with that thing. Ritsu became more interesting in my point of view....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 20, 2020 8:46 PM

Oct 2017
Don't mess with Obi, he doesn't have a fire ability but he's physical strength is top notch.
Nov 20, 2020 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Another intense episode! So Juggernaut is still alive? Hope so!
Btw finally some serious moments with Tamaki, as Obi said, she did great with what she had.

But tbh i am more interested in Arthur & Shinra vs Dr.Giovanni, he looks way stronger now, but i think those 2 can beat him.
Also the debate about Maki, Captain is the only one who can convince him now.

3 episodes till the end, this is going to be epic!

-Látom
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 20, 2020 11:16 PM

Apr 2020
Well the White Clads have an upper hand as they lure the Fire Force deep into the nether. Takigi continues to bicker with Hinawa on Maki's joining the 8th, and I'm gonna say that he is fucking annoying. He has a right to worry but damn not this overprotective bs. Iron was a very strong character (literally) but Hinawa figured his weakness easily. Shinra vs Giovanni is ON, and with Arthur on board I'm pretty sure it's going to be FIRE next week. I'm pretty sure that total destruction next week will be LEGIT as well. Necro girl is OP, she ain't just playing around.

This week, we say goodbye to one of the most likeable characters in the show.

TAKERU "JUGGERNAUT" NOTO, WE BID YOU FAREWELL.
REST IN PEACE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, WE GOT IT FROM HERE
Nov 21, 2020 1:01 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I didn't expect Juggernaut to die. He did his duties, he avenged Haijiki and managed to protect Tamaki. Press F to pay respects, you'll never be forgotten. Give Tamaki her training arc, she deserves it.

I enjoyed Hinawa and Takigi vs Iron dude. Their bickering was funny and Hinawa has no chill as always, called Maki a meat shield lmao.

Wtf is up with Giovanni though Jesus. Obi is one punch man let's go, he don't lift all them weights for nothing.

Gaddamn what is up with all these thicc ass female white clads, they're all thicc and Ritsu is no exception. Looking forward to the next episode and is that Maki I spy with her company 8 charm.
Nov 21, 2020 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
the plague guy is very strong, although he weaves a lot of people who died in that fight in hell.

Nov 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Mar 2016
I just hope Juggernaut doesn't die. Tamaki tried to shine, but fell short. The captains of the 8th and 2nd are physical tanks of their own kind. Arthur just went psyche! Shinra and Arthur vs. Dr. Giovanni! Oze and Lieutenant being extremely difficult yet a solid team against iron clad.
Nov 21, 2020 3:46 AM
Nov 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
A solid episode. Some fun moments with Maki’s brother and the captains, respectively. Tamaki is still useless as usual. Shinra and Arthur vs Giovanni next episode should be hype.

Did tamaki killed infernals while juggernaut was down and couldn't do anything yes or no?

Yes

What would had been the chances for juggernaut to die in that condition if she wasn't even there to assist?

100%

You call her useless i say she definitely did something maybe that something was not worth for you but she actually saved his ass while he was down.

Nov 21, 2020 6:53 AM
Apr 2019
Captain Obi might not have any powers, but he's really strong as hell. I wonder how strong he would be if he's 2nd Generation or 3rd Generation User.
Nov 21, 2020 8:02 AM

Apr 2017
Holy moly I really didn't expect Obi to beat that White Clad with one punch. It it just me or is this show becoming more and more boring ever since the Joker arc ended? I might be biased because Joker is my favorite character in Fire Force.
Nov 21, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2015
Maki's brother sure hasn't his priorities straight, if he is gonna continue blabbering like that it's gonna be him who'll be in danger.

Giovanni became creepy AF with all those legs.

I will never question Obi's strength, he just plummered that white clad like nothing.

RIP Juggernaut? Honestly I find it hard to believe that he actually died. If he would actually been dead, he could have been controlled by the necromancer and also be used to sink all of Tokyo.
Nov 21, 2020 9:42 AM
Apr 2018
- 19:10 "Th-they are so strong! They aren't the Captains for nothing."
Nov 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2019
Insign said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Did tamaki killed infernals while juggernaut was down and couldn't do anything yes or no?

Yes

What would had been the chances for juggernaut to die in that condition if she wasn't even there to assist?

100%

You call her useless i say she definitely did something maybe that something was not worth for you but she actually saved his ass while he was down.

Against any actual opponents she is pretty much useless. Check the tape. She never holds her own compared to any other powered 8th member.
Nov 21, 2020 10:58 AM
Mar 2020
That metal guy sure was nice. Demonstrating , explaining and repeadly missing to show off why youre strong while your enemys are distracted with a debate who best girl is.
Nov 21, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2017
Well shit... things are not going so well huh?! I guess they should be glad for small mercies; the necromancer has to wait for Giovanni to capture Shinra before she can blow up Tokyo, so that gives them time to do something to stop her.

Speaking of Gionvanni, he makes my skin crawl with all those insect modifications he's done to himself. Don't think you could even consider him human anymore.
Nov 21, 2020 11:57 AM

May 2015
Hey Tamaki was kind of usefull. She protected walking-nuking-guy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 21, 2020 12:32 PM

Dec 2013
I hope they eventually power up Tamaki so she is kicking ass rather than just asking for help most of the time.
Nov 21, 2020 4:53 PM

Jan 2020
CeddyyBearr said:

RIP Juggernaut? Honestly I find it hard to believe that he actually died. If he would actually been dead, he could have been controlled by the necromancer and also be used to sink all of Tokyo.

Your theory is good, but they took him on a stretcher with his face covered, as is usually carried out to those who have died, also that those who took him had no "sense of urgency" to take him to a hospital or treat his wounds

ええい! なんでも やって やる
Nov 21, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
Latom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 21, 2020 5:15 PM

Apr 2015
ldanes said:
CeddyyBearr said:

Your theory is good, but they took him on a stretcher with his face covered, as is usually carried out to those who have died, also that those who took him had no "sense of urgency" to take him to a hospital or treat his wounds

He was carried away on a stretcher, however it were his legs that were covered and not his face. But I have to agree to your second point, they did it with no urgency whatsoever. I am still not sure of everything XD
Nov 21, 2020 5:28 PM

Jan 2020
CeddyyBearr said:
ldanes said:

He was carried away on a stretcher, however it were his legs that were covered and not his face. But I have to agree to your second point, they did it with no urgency whatsoever. I am still not sure of everything XD

OMG! I would swear I saw it covered LOL

I also want to think that he is alive, passed out, no one mentions that he is dead or makes a drama about it, but the fact of losing limbs and blood, really left us with a good doubt

ええい! なんでも やって やる
Nov 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Feb 2014
Damn. I just went 2 episodes straight and characters are dying left and right. Never thought Fire Force would be this killable. Tamaki seriously needs a powerup than just lucky skills. Also the captains are stonk.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

93 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

86 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

127 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.