Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2020 10:27 AM
Sep 2020
So I actually am catching up on a lot of "mainstream" anime and toradora was recommended to me by a friend because they felt I would relate to Taiga. I liked the show as a whole and the character development was actually pretty good for 25 episodes but the last two episodes ruined everything for me. Like the way it was all portrayed made me feel like I wasted my time watching the show. I don't know am I the only one who feels like this. I know in a lot of anime adaptations they tend to rush the ending but to me it was just really poorly executed and it kind of ruined the vibe of the show for me.
Nov 14, 2020 4:35 PM

Sep 2018
I just finished my rewatch of the series and I feel sort of the same way. The pacing of the show is really changed in the last two episodes, and so much happens in such a short time. Maybe in the light novel it made more sense. I didn't like the whole running away thing and 'council' of friends supporting that. But it doesn't ruin the series, Taiga's whole disappearance is disappointing, but it's not like her family issues weren't brought up throughout the series. It's not the most satisfying conclusion, it's just not as good as the overall series deserves.
Dec 2, 2020 6:58 AM
Aug 2020
Bit of a *Spoiler* in case you’re worried

Tbh I was very close to giving Toradora a terrible rating toward the end of the last episode, considering I’d enjoyed most of it until then. The post credit scene managed to just salvage it for me. The last few episodes almost seemed like they were fast forwarded at times, I’m certain they started speaking faster than usual at points and I was worried immediately about what sort of bs they’d try to cram into this anime I’d loved so far. As I was getting toward the middle of ep25 I was starting to think, maybe the they won’t get separated as i’ve come to expect from any anime like this. However I wasn’t very surprised when Taiga vanished, however I was extremely frustrated. I don’t think this opinion quite aligns with those previously mentioned but i feel as though if the show had have concluded when Ryuuji and Taiga kissed, I’d have left with a far more positive overall experience and probably could’ve handed over a 9 or 10 score easily as I truely loved the anime up until the last few episodes, especially the characters. But I just can’t get over the fact that it had such an anticlimactic and frustrating cliche that I’d been expecting but praying not to appear the entire time I was watching.

Pardon my poor spelling, grammar etc, I’m far too tired to be writing anything more than 2 sentences long
Dec 2, 2020 7:00 AM

Sep 2018
The ending is a weak point though I recommend continuing the story with the visual novel on PSP which is fully english patched. Those endings are awsome!
Toradora Portable
Dec 3, 2020 6:11 AM
May 2020
If you didn't watch the post credit scene then I'd suggest you do so
Jan 5, 2022 10:07 PM
Jan 2022
The ending was kind of weak and predictable. It did sour the whole thing in my eyes. Ryuji and Taiga pair up felt forced. I think my issue with Rom com anime like this is that I never understand what the take away is. Every point seem mote, no one really deserved to be in a relationship at the end. The characters make the dumbest choices I swear. Ryuji pick taiga after pining over minari pretty much until the last 4 episode, only to find out that girl he has liked for 3 years has also like him for 3 years....what? And minari the direct get what you want girl decide that ryuji and taiga should have end up together since the start? Ami trying to basically being a coward to just out right tell Ryuji how she feels. Then disses all the other girls for not being honest with their feelings? I haven't seen a rom com this characters this bad since shuffle.
Jan 5, 2022 10:14 PM
Jan 2022
It was a little predicable, as with the majority of romance anime, it just felt a little fast and out of nowhere to me personally.
Jan 12, 2022 5:10 PM
Sep 2021
Yes, I really love this show. I have finished the anime and the manga but everytime I reread it, I feel the same way as the first time I read it but that feeling when knowing the ending is just kind of depressing. Like all that build up for the ending is like sad, and knowing there may not be a second season there. It breaks my heart everytime I reread or rewatch the show.
Jan 17, 2022 12:43 PM
Nov 2021
Yeah no, for me it was a rather limp ending, especially after the change in pace towards the end. Then again, I was never a fan of the show in the first place, so I might be a bit biased
Jan 19, 2022 10:49 PM

May 2020
I will say the last two episodes were the only thing that kept this from being a 10/10 for me.
Feb 12, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 2021
The ending is what to expect in a show like this,nothing special.
Feb 17, 2022 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
The ending did not ruin Toradora for me. Nothing ruined it, since it was an enjoyable anime (if you watch it English dub that is).
Mar 13, 2023 3:18 PM
Mar 2023
Ending really ruined the show, but it was still a great anime overall despite the ending
Mar 13, 2023 3:24 PM

Sep 2020
Minorin and Ryuji should've gotten together. Argue with your mother

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 17, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2023
I was rooting for minori honestly I HATED the stupid ENDing WTF why did he end up with taiga and not minori?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 17, 2023 3:30 PM
Mar 2023
samsince04 said:
This dude is absolutley right and if u disagree u are heARTLES!!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 2023 3:44 PM
Mar 2012
pls_help_why said:
samsince04 said:
This dude is absolutley right and if u disagree u are heARTLES!!!!!!!!!
I could not agree more.
Feb 3, 11:19 PM
Jul 2023
Yeh all the decisions they made were really stupid

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.