Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2020 4:36 PM

Dec 2017
I'm planning to watch Glasslip, but from reading some reviews and seeing its score, it made me rethink that it would be a waste of my time if I would to watch it.
But is it as bad as people say? And would it be a big waste of my time if I watched it?
im hungry

Nov 12, 2020 4:38 PM

Aug 2019
Why didn't you just put Glasslip in the thread's title?
Nov 12, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2017
SAT0rii said:
oh I don't know actually. lolololol
im hungry

Nov 12, 2020 4:45 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
never seen it so i can't tell you if it's worth watching, but what i DO recommend is Kanon (2006). i have a good feeling from your list that you will like it. wait until the winter season comes for maximum enjoyment, i watched it earlier this year when it was super cold and it felt like i was drinking some nice hot soup every night i watched it. very nice.

SAT0rii said:

there's a thing called clickbait
Nov 12, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2020
Yes, IT is an amazing movie about a clown called...

OH

Idk Glasslip lol

Its rating is 5.46 so probably not
Nov 12, 2020 4:50 PM

Dec 2015
You're rather new to Anime, so I would say in you're case no it's not worth watching.

People have a hard time understanding what is going on the show and how it ended.

But are just hating because they are dumb, same reason why elites is hating on Clannad as they don't have any backstory and do not know how the light orb works.

It's a rather unique Romance/Drama show, it exist far more out there that you should spend you're time on. Rather then this Anime.

It's just a Okej show, and exist so much better Romance/Drama show to watch before this one.
It's one of those show you should save to last, when you have alreaady watched everything good. This is when you try this one out.

Nov 12, 2020 4:53 PM

Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
never seen it so i can't tell you if it's worth watching, but what i DO recommend is Kanon (2006). i have a good feeling from your list that you will like it. wait until the winter season comes for maximum enjoyment, i watched it earlier this year when it was super cold and it felt like i was drinking some nice hot soup every night i watched it. very nice.

SAT0rii said:

there's a thing called clickbait

I never heard of Kanon before, but the plot does sound interesting. I'll put on my list.

Nillwas said:
You're rather new to Anime, so I would say in you're case no it's not worth watching.

People have a hard time understanding what is going on the show and how it ended.

But are just hating because they are dumb, same reason why elites is hating on Clannad as they don't have any backstory and do not know how the light orb works.

It's a rather unique Romance/Drama show, it exist far more out there that you should spend you're time on. Rather then this Anime.

It's just a Okej show, and exist so much better Romance/Drama show to watch before this one.
It's one of those show you should save to last, when you have alreaady watched everything good. This is when you try this one out.

I'm not really new to anime, I just haven't seen as much as you have lol.

And I might just remove Glasslip from my list.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2020 7:53 AM
im hungry

Nov 12, 2020 5:08 PM
May 2015
SAT0rii said:
Clickbait baby..You see it all the time on 98% of Youtube videos out there ;)

Nov 12, 2020 5:10 PM

Oct 2018
My friend, it's your life
if you don't know, how would I know? Watch it and think about it yourself

I'm bald.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 12, 2020 7:58 PM

Dec 2017
Nefelupitou said:
My friend, it's your life
if you don't know, how would I know? Watch it and think about it yourself

I'm bald.

Good point good point. I'm just afraid that I'll get so bored with it that I'm might drop it, which I don't want to do.
im hungry

Nov 12, 2020 8:05 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
Here's a straight short answer, don't waste your time on Glasslip. I watched it and felt cheated afterwards.
I also highly recommend Kanon.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Nov 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Dec 2017
ChiMur said:
Here's a straight short answer, don't waste your time on Glasslip. I watched it and felt cheated afterwards.

I think that settles it, I'm removing Glasslip from my list. But what was so bad about Glasslip though?
im hungry

Nov 12, 2020 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
Micchiru said:
ChiMur said:

I think that settles it, I'm removing Glasslip from my list. But what was so bad about Glasslip though?

It's not a bad anime at all. Glasslip is legit hated on because it is too confusing for some people. Confusing anime in itself isn't bad, but Glasslip is a romance drama anime. Somethig that not everyone would expect something confusing. So instead of trying to understand it, they blame the writing.

Actually Glasslip is not even that hard to understand. It's a pretty good show imo.
Nov 12, 2020 8:42 PM

May 2012
it is one of the worst anime i've ever watched. so probably not.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Nov 12, 2020 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
Watch one episode and if you don't like it DROP that bitch!
Nov 13, 2020 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Better watch Glass Mask instead...
Nov 13, 2020 12:34 AM

Jun 2012
As others say, it's plot is written in a confusing way but it's not that hard to understand either. So yeah, just read the summary somewhere and move on. It's a waste of time.
Nov 13, 2020 7:53 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Dec 19, 2020 7:04 AM
Dec 2020
For me it's definitely a good romance anime, the art is amazing but one thing that makes me confused is the story, it's kind of confusing so you really gotta focus on it.

Note : This anime is more like those chill anime, so for y'all that gets bored quick I probably won't recommend it.
Dec 31, 2020 5:12 PM

Feb 2018
"Let me get this straight, you think Glasslip is a good anime?"
"I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not."

We stan Sachi in this house
Watch Jewelpet Twinkle
Dec 31, 2020 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
Micchiru said:
ChiMur said:

It is insufferably boring. Nothing exciting happens. I mean NOTHING. I love romance...and this is supposed to be romance...but I think two rocks have better chemistry than these lead characters...they just suck so hard. xD

I WANT THOSE SIX HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK. UGH.

Jan 20, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 2018
The reviews kind of speak for themselves here, and people saying that the show isn't confusing are flat out lying to you. It's silly at best, and nonsensically at worse.

But I can more or less break this series down for you:

In typical PA Works' fashion, the setting and backdrop design are gorgeous. The town the series takes place in is lovingly and meticulously crafted to create the feel of a very realistic and warm small ocean town. The show is at its best when no one is talking or moving and the camera just pans over the gorgeous hi-def view.

As far as substance goes, there is next to none. PA Works has always relied on cute, quirky characters, light drama, and occasionally some light fantasy element subplots or something mixed in to create its own unique charm. Glasslip is possibly the most shallow, cheap imitation of that PA Works formula.

Instead of a close-knit group of friends marching through adolescence together (Example: Nagi no Asukara), they all end up seeming like sociopaths with incredibly unhealthy romantic obsessions with one another.

The story also doesn't seem to make much sense. Early on, the group splinters off when a new kid moves into town. Everyone seems to blame him, and all the weird chicken-hawk symbolism seems to confirm that. Only looking back on it, he didn't, and there's really no good reason why the group (who we are informed of over and over are all super besties) splits up so easily. This same thing can also be applied to the incredibly silly fantasy/sci-fi(?) subplot involving the two main characters. Apparently they can "see" and "hear" the future. At first only when doing certain things, and only together? Then at any time for no real reason? Then maybe it isn't the future? Then maybe it is?

FYI: All of these questions go unquestioned.

The only things this series has going for it is the OP and ED by Chochou and nano.RIPE. Everything else is forgettable.
allblue1Jan 20, 2021 1:35 AM
Feb 28, 2022 4:35 AM
Apr 2020
as someone who has seen this show, if you want to experience an anime that disappoints you, then this is the show for you.

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.