Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 15, 2014 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
Nice a triple murder. The plot thickens o_o.

Jul 16, 2014 10:41 PM
Jul 2014
The director and those two disgusted me when they nonchalantly opened that bag of candy. Just no respect at all, and their lust for money and fame was ughhh. Feel sorry for Tenma. And what do you know, those three were pretty much going to be killed when Tenma said that they were better off dead.

The twins' reactions confused me though. I suspect the boy as the murderer behind all this, yet he showed such a genuine reaction to his twin sister. Or was that an act...his opened eyes were pretty creepy.
HuaXueJul 16, 2014 10:44 PM
Jul 17, 2014 5:24 AM

May 2014
I was so happy when those assholes died. I've never smiled so sincerely about someone's death.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 20, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2012
wonderful 3 of the 4 ppl I wanted dead get wat they deserved
Aug 1, 2014 11:44 PM

Aug 2013
Ha! Justice! The question is...who killed them O__o I can't help but think of Johan's evil eyes. But he was just newly-operated, can he really move around the hospital then go to the director's house?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 21, 2014 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
justice is served.
Aug 29, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
So much hate in the thread. So many monsters.
Sep 14, 2014 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
The director is definitely an evil man. He's totally self-serving and manipulative. His daughter isn't much better.

I don't think getting drunk is the answer, but I don't judge Tenma for it. That's a lot of crap to handle.

Still, to wish the death of the director is too much. One could claim that he received what he deserved, and they might even be right. However, to make that decision on your own and kill someone, or to be glad of their death, it's just too much. Who are you to be glad of someone's death? That man no longer has any chance to change. He is forever left with his faults. How could you wish that on someone? The finality in his inability to change is worse than the death itself.

I'm already thinking "Monster" could end up applying in more than one way.

Regardless, I don't think Johan killed them. It seems to be the candy, as others have mentioned. Still, why would someone try to kill a little boy like him? Is it the same people who killed the parents? Why did the girl react that way to seeing her brother? There are many unanswered questions.
Sep 15, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
I may be remembering wrong, but I don't think Tenma actually really, genuinely wished for the director's death. I took it more as him being pissed off and just saying mean spirited things. Besides, he was drunk. People tend to say and do stupid crap when they are drunk.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 10:36 PM

Nov 2011
I don't believe people say things they don't mean. They wouldn't be saying it if the thought wasn't there. As for how intently he meant it, I don't know: You do make a good point about his being drunk. One's judgement is impaired when drunk, so his tongue would be looser than usual.
Oct 7, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2013
Wow. I'm scared now. Not sure if the director and them are dead yet though. The ED song really freaks me out lol.
lovexLuffy said:
Uncandescent said:
It occurs to me that there wouldn't have been a problem if the other surgeons didn't suck so much.

this.
I agree. Judging from Tenma's reaction I assume that he though that Dr.Boyer and them should have been able to save the Mayor. But they don't so they shift ALL the blame to Tenma. What scum.
Dec 11, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
Johan creeps me the fuck out. I'm pretty sure he is the murderer, though I don't know how could he had done it. Also call me a Monster if you want, but I'm glad that those assholes are dead.
Jan 16, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2013
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!

Seeing the two doctors and the director all dead was fucking scary. I got goosebumps...

Wow. Tenma sure has it rough. Just because he chose to save one life over the other, he got demoted and his fiance dumped him.

Johan is getting me suspicious. The twin sister screaming after seeing him just made me more suspicious but why would Johan shoot himself then? The plot thickens...

Looks like Tenma's dream came true. I'm really curious who murdered the 2 doctors and the director.

This episode was alright at first but it got really epic towards the end

9/10

Feb 2, 2015 3:43 PM

Nov 2011
Thank God those jerks are dead, really feel sorry for Tenma but unfortunately that's how the world rolls. I was told who the killer was long before i started this and was afraid it might be a spoiler, nice to see it was addressed as early as the second ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 4, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2014
Wow amazing episode. I really hated the director and those doctors who are basically his puppets. Was expecting them to get their just dues but didn't expect it to go down so soon!
Mar 27, 2015 6:37 AM
Nov 2014
Can't say those 3 scums didn't deserve to get murdered, get rekt.

Hopefully the woman get rekt too, for throwing the ring that Tenma gave her.
Apr 4, 2015 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
Boy is as scary as his sister. Lol

Well, Tenma's carrer is as good as dead. Just like the two doctors and the director. Oh, the irony.

This is getting better and better.
Apr 13, 2015 8:51 PM

Nov 2014
Well they had it coming but I'm annoyed that the daughter didn't die as well .__.
Apr 18, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
Im glad them 3 died such assholes im kinda hoping for the director's daughter to die now. But is Dr Tenma the only good Surgeon there? as it seems without him all operations fail.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 11:42 PM

May 2012
bastards got what was comin to em
Jun 12, 2015 11:12 AM
Jun 2014
Highly enjoyed this episode. That little boy seems to be the culprit.
Jun 19, 2015 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
Man, that sucked for Tenma.

5/5
Aug 7, 2015 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
Tenma better not be blamed for this shit!
Aug 18, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Tenma better not be blamed for this shit!
He's prob'ly gonna be, though xD

By the way, the director quite deserved it, he was highly disgusting. A person like him that runs an hospital is... scary. I was pleased to see him dead, yep.

I don't know if that's the same about the other two doctors. They were just puppets without spine, they learned the lesson seeing how Tenma was dismissed for going against the director.
As for Eva, she's really disgusting too. Better off dead? Maybe not, it would just require for a man to have a little bit of self-regard.
Aug 27, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
Not gonna lie, I felt a bit of joy when the director and those other two cunts were found dead. In my defense, the episode was painting them as total assholes.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 22, 2015 12:23 AM
Sep 2015
Oh hell yeah that was awesome!
Sep 30, 2015 5:08 PM
Feb 2015
BAHAHAH! The director and lame doctors died.
Next up on the list. Ava - the Directors daughter.
Oct 25, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2015
Finally started this well known anime, looks great until now! the director got what he deserved. I just hope the murderer is not Tenma, that would be quite mainstream (it becomes mainstream after 3 times you see a plot like this).
Mar 11, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2011
Finally decided to sit down and watch the series after pushing it back for eternity! Seeing as it has so much hype surrounding the series, I was hoping that it's gonna be good. Thus far though I feel that the characterization on the 3 dead doctors are somewhat forced, because no doctors would act the way they did in front of the patient inside of the room of a patient, like, for real, eating the sweets that was intended for the patient, without asking? Can't you just drive to the store and get one if you want one so bad? The guy want to look good in front of the mass media, but he's doing the exact opposite in PUBLIC. That seem kind of contradictory to me.

Not only that, but is it just me, or does it seem like all other doctors working in the same hospital as Tenma are somewhat incompetent? So far, without Tenma, their failure rate is 100%, at least for the cases that were mentioned.

Characterization aside, the premise of the story is pretty promising, a doctor who lost everything because of one decision to save a child, and it comes back to bite him in the ass. The addition of Anna Liebert is kinda interesting. Can't say the same for that betch fiancee, hope she burns in hell.

The thing that stood out the most for me though, is the sound effect. It adds to the creepy atmosphere of the series, instilling that eerie feelings. It was creepy when Johan opened his eyes after Tenma left, and when Anna was walking down the hall muttering "Kill me".
ToG25thBaamMar 11, 2016 10:41 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Hmmm, interesting and pretty creepy
May 9, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
No Dr. Tenma means certain death of the patient. What kind of fucking doctor are they? They must've got their doctor licence in kindergarten.

I'm so glad those three are dead. Next, the Eva bitch please
May 21, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2014
it's so frustrating to watch how only Tenma tries to be moral and save lives as a doctor should. it's sort of realistic but at the same time i don't think doctors in real life are this heartless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
Those three desearved what happened to them, things are starting to look bad for Tenma.
Jun 26, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Wow very intense show, It is quickly progressing.
Excellent Episode, looking forward for this anime.
Jun 29, 2016 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
Triple murder!
I'm gonna say those candies were poisoned, since all those three shared them.
Jul 30, 2016 9:04 AM

Jan 2016
Damn things are moving fast, all 3 bad guys died at episode 2.

Doesn't look good for Tenma.
Sep 11, 2016 1:22 AM

Feb 2014
Damn. I really hope Tenma isn't somehow linked to their murders, but I am glad that they're gone. Looks like I called the relationship with Eva not working out. I think that the kid is responsible for their deaths. Clearly, the candy or whatever it was that they ate poisoned them. The kid probably poisoned them, and this explains why the girl was so scared of her brother.

I didn't comment on this before, but the opening is pretty cool. Instrumental openings are a rarity. The ending animation, not so much. It's just a static picture.

Great episode, 5/5. I dunno what people are talking about when they say this show starts out slow and boring, I'm already hooked!
Jan 11, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
so glad they were murdered.. hopefully the director's daughter, that bitch Eva, will be killed as well.
Apr 14, 2017 5:25 PM

Dec 2014
I guess the murderer should be pretty obvious when you already know who the main antagonist of the show is.

I wonder if his colleagues will start accusing Tenma of the murders since they can guess the relationship between those guys after that Mayor incident. I hope Becker starts showing how good of a friend he is.
Jun 11, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2015
Getting what you give~ if you're mean, you get bad karma~ bad things happen.

In my opinion, the Doc was too drunk to be the culprit now the question is who did/committed those murders. But the most intriguing plot is the sister & brother problem I want to know why she was the only one that didn’t get shot and was muttering those words in addition as to why the boy was extending her arm & crying when he came to is sense and she fainted... so many question that I hope they get answered in the trans course of this show...
Jun 16, 2017 3:51 AM

Oct 2012
100x success.. "What is that?"
1x fail, didn't obey.. "How dare you! That's all your fault!"
I guess he just got unlucky, it's better to leave those ungrateful people
I'm more shocked with the fact there are no capable doctors in that hospital other than him

Poor girl, the sister is just want to prevent terrible things from happening.. But Tenma saved him

Well yeah they're dead now, your wish is my command xD
But.. revenge is not sweet is you're not the one doing it :(
"Signature removed"
Oct 24, 2017 5:18 PM
Oct 2017
Keeps getting better, glad the director and his goons got what they deserved though I was surprised at how sudden they got axed... Hopefully things get better for Tenma in the wake of these deaths
Jan 22, 2018 4:01 AM

Mar 2014
what the hell man Tenma's career was destroyed for doing the right thing

on a side note, is everyone else in this hospital incompetent lmao seems like every patient dies unless they are treated by Tenma

i really like how the show is tackling the issues of morality, depravity and self-interest so far

Feb 15, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2017
Oh Tenma-san, you went and fucked up Monster-kun now. You just had to wish for them to be dead.(Not that they didn't deserve it LOL).

BTW, Tenma is actually a honest and good hearted person. He decided to stay and work in the hospital even thou his reputation as a doctor was going nowhere and he could have had a better job in another hospital.

Well, his engagement broke off, just as expected.

Putting that aside, what was Monster-kun's reason to kill his parents?(As they want us to believe). Also how did he kill all 3 of them? And what is the matter with her sister? Find out next episode.

I really condone drinking on the streets. I mean come on Tenma-san, you should not drink. You are a doctor. Oh, I forgot, you were fired. BURN.

Ok, I didn't mean that. But why did he have to drink just because he was taken off as caretaker for Monster-kun?(Please tell me he has no feelings for Monster-kun). Look, I get that you were through a lot of stuff. But seriously, don't drink. You could have been impaled by the wine bottles lying on the streets thou. I hope you didn't drunk drive to your house.

Speaking of houses, why the hell is he in Germany? Couldn't they have chosen US or Russia? Why? I must know.

Not a great episode however. I wonder when the plot is gonna pick up for the 74 episoder.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 26, 2018 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Tenma did the right thing, even tho he had to pay a really heavy price for it, they basically ruinded his life. Having that in mind it's no surprise that he would wish for their deaths, still don't think that he or Johan are the culprits.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2019 1:29 PM
Apr 2016
So, all of them died, I assume someone sent poisoned candy?...we'll see I guess... so far this is insanely good, enjoying this a lot.
blankFeb 16, 2019 1:33 PM
Apr 28, 2019 10:05 PM
Apr 2018
I love the atmosphere in this anime. It feels like a true thriller. The sister walking alone was so scary and the boy reaching out to her too.

Glad those three are dead (fucking synopsis).
Jul 17, 2019 6:20 PM
Oct 2018
IMO it's starting off pretty slow, in the sense that I'm not hooked yet - but I have high hopes.
Oct 8, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2018
Those 3 sure is greedy, as if they're money were not enough to buy a bag of candy, but I don't know how much their salary is, so.......

Well, generic people will think that those brother and sister were the one killing 3 of them. But the anime seems to potray Tenma's wish a lot.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Mar 31, 2020 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
This is one of the best starts of a show I've seen in a long time. No chilidish bullshit and tension is the main focus.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

201 by tectacles »»
May 1, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.